Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Shouta kept an eye out for any signs of trouble, but saw only the same placid scenes of the locals going about their usual days- it almost felt a waste to carry his quinque.

Greg familiar click and hiss of Shouta’s briefcase opening sounded. “Ishida-sosakan..” He said lowly, now on full guard as he searched for the source of the threat.

"Yes, I feel it, too." Mitsunari looked around and became alert when he heard a distorted whine.
"You both found me so easy." A voice pouted.

Shouta pulled a staff from his briefcase, which extended out taller than he was, blades protruding from the end- a halberd looking weapon. “I think there’s only one of them, I don’t sense any others..”

The ghoul seemed to crawl out from the shadow of a dark building, eyes glowing a deep red behind a haunting pink fox mask. She was heavily armored, barbed tails that only grew larger and sharper the closer to the base they were thrashed as they helped the ghoul climb down from her spot.
"A kakuja? Here?" Mitsunari scowled, they weren't nearly prepared enough for a kakuja.

Shouta scowled heavily and brought his weapon forward, knowing they would need more than just regular back up. “Can you make a call to headquarters, tell them our location and that we’ve found an active hostile.” He said quietly to Mitsunari, not once taking his eyes off Akihime. “I don’t know how much time I can buy for you.”

“I don’t think she’ll be letting us leave.” Shouta tossed something over his shoulder toward Mitsunari- a cell phone -then quickly rushed forward with his long-range weapon to meet the ghoul before them, hoping the length would at least give him a chance.

Mitsunari barely managed to catch the phone and the ghoul launched at Shouta at lightning speeds.
"Wait, Shouta, don't do anything stupid!"
"Better dial fast then~" She was way too fast, much faster than any normal ghoul could be.

Shouta was just barely able to block her attack, the force of her attack nearly knocking him back off his feet. He strained hard to not let her push him back, feeling his bones creak and his muscles scream with effort.

She laughed maniacally, beating on his staff with her tails with the force of a full sized bus. Mitsunari's body was screaming at him to help, Shouta couldn't keep this up for long.

Shouta felt as though his wrists would break, but he had to allow Mitsunari time to call for backup, he had to push himself. Grinding his teeth, he waited for a break in her barrage, and when he got his chance, he lunged at her, aiming a strike at her eye, the only spot not covered in armor.

"Ah!" Akihime bent backwards, and one of her tails wrapped around his weapon, "Naugh~ ty~" She sang before laughing and throwing Shouta like a rag doll.
"Shouta!" Mitsunari dropped the phone and rushed at her, only to be smacked away by one of her tails.

Shouta was surprised at how hard he was thrown, slamming into the alley wall hard enough to knock the breath out of him, hitting the concrete and immediately finding his vision blurry- his glasses being knocked off his head from the impact.

"Aw~ did you lose your glasses~?" She teased coldly, moving toward Shouta, "Poor thing~ can't see without 'em, huh~?" Crunch. "Aaww...oh no~"

It hurt to breathe, but he had to force himself to try, glaring up at the blurry figure before him. What did this ghoul want from them? Who were they? It wasn’t any local ghoul he knew of. Even though he couldn’t see much, he looked around, trying to spot Mitsunari, hoping to find his partner still alive.

Mitsunari, or what he thought was Mitsunari, was moving over quickly with his odachi. But Akihime turned and smacked him away again.
"Sit down." She growled before her tails picked Shouta up.

Shouta let out a grunt as the tails wrapped around his body, lifting him off the ground, feeling panic flutter in his chest. “Ghoul scum.” He managed out through clenched teeth.

Shouta scowled back at her, falling silent as he turned his gaze back to Mitsunari, finding him collapsed on the ground.

"Here~" Her tails started to turn him and his left arm in opposite directions, slow and methodical as she felt the muscles and tendons strain.

The more she turned his arm, the harder he clenched his jaw- he felt a pop and saw white, his shoulder being twisted out of place. He let out a scream of pain, body going rigid from the pain.

"There we go~ Now the other one~" She said and did the same to his right arm. Mitsunari was jolted awake by Shouta's scream and he grabbed his odachi.
"Let him go!"
"Urusai." Akihime smacked Mitsunari again but he managed to deflect some of it with his blade, skidding back some.

Shouta’s face was twisted with pain, blurry gaze moving between Akihime and Mitsunari. “Mitsunari.. leave..!!”

Back
Top Bottom