Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Jin didn’t know or care why he tampered with her medication, all she knew is she would have to replace the ones she had if he had.

“Shut up!” She hissed, heading to the bathroom, retrieving her pills from the bathroom cabinet and dumping them into the toilet before flushing them.
The next day she got a new bottle of her prescription, and by the time she returned to work, her hallucinations were gone.

Mitsunari would be graduating to investigator soon, and already he had been assigned his partner on paper, a man named Tachibana Shouta. He’d never met the man before, but he had heard he was a man close in age, and he was well respected.

With any luck, the man would be at least a decent partner, his files said he was a skilled fighter, and though he was relatively new, he was good at team work fighting.

Mitsunari went about his way to meet this Tachibana, trying not to look so stand offish. Losing Gyobu caused him to become more stoic than he was before. He hardly spoke unless he was comfortable, and even that was rare.

It was Shouta who found Mitsunari first, introducing himself to his new partner. Shouta was tall like him, but was a few inches shorter, with shoulder length grey hair that was pulled into a low ponytail. He had equally grey eyes, hidden behind wireframe glasses, wearing a black suit. “Tachibana Shouta, I’ve been told we’ve been assigned as partners.”

Shouta gave a nod, seeming almost as closed off and reserved as Mitsunari was. “I look forward to our first assignment together, may it be soon.”

What an odd feeling. He never felt this way before. "Likewise. I will admit, I would rather be alone, but your file shows you to be quite capable."

Mitsunari saw what looked almost like a soft smirk on Shouta’s face. “Your file also listed you a quite the capable fighter, I rather look forward to seeing you in action.”

The feelings toward Shouta were ones he couldn’t quite understand, he seemed to do very little, yet always made Mitsunari’s heart beat fast, and his face flush.
Soon the both of them were going out on patrols in the nearby district, tackling minor investigations.

Mostly just ghoul sightings or rumors. Mitsunari didn't really know why he felt so funny being beside Shouta. It was almost like how he felt toward Akihime; he cared for Akihime very much and she did things that made him feel important. But Shouta? It was like those feelings were cranked through the roof.

Shouta himself seemed rather comfortable around Mitsunari, and despite Mitsunari not revealing much about his personal life, Shouta easily seemed to fit as his partner. There was no fuss or muss, he just seemed to mesh well.

What would Shouta say if he knew his partner had a crush on him? Would he request a transfer? Would he be disgusted? Mitsunari didn't know, but he was nervous to find out.

Should he even say anything? Should he push things down and simply try to ignore them? What if others at the office found out?
“Ishida, you look like you’ve seen a ghost, is the food here really that bad?” Shouta asked, a hint of teasing in his voice, taking another bite of his seared mackerel.

Mitsunari was jarred from his thoughts, not realizing how deep his dissociation had gone.
"Oh...no, my sister is a rather good cook. I just have too much on my mind currently."

Shouta made a soft noise, watching Mitsunari in silence for a moment before setting his chopsticks down. “Ne, Ishida-“ His eyes pierced into Mitsunari. “You’re into men, aren’t you?” He said it so casually, face showing no expression at all as he watched Mitsunari.

Mitsunari dropped the tsukemono he was about to eat and looked up at Shouta with slightly wide eyes, "I-I...what...? I'm sorry...?" Had he been found out? Oh, God.

Shouta stared back at him, expression remaining the same before he spoke. “Please correct me if I’m wrong, it’s just the impression I get, but if you are, would you like to join me for dinner after work?”

The impression he gave? Oh, God, had he been obvious? He cleared his throat gently and shook his head.
"Um, no, you're fine. I would...really like that.."

“Forgive me for being so bold, I didn’t mean to startle you- you don’t stick out like you think.” He shifted a bit in his seat. “If discretion is what you wish, I have no issue with such things.”

Back
Top Bottom