Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“I don’t particularly enjoy others prying into my own private life either, that’s why it’s private.” He said with a soft smirk, returning to eating his lunch.

Mitsunari tried not to blush as he went back to eating the tsukemono Akihime had made. Oh. Akihime. What would she think about this? What would she do?

What would Akihime think of him? Would she understand? Should he even tell her?
The two of them had met up that night for dinner as they had planned, and the next morning, Shouta was in the office early like he always was, nothing having changed. No one gave him funny looks, no one whispered when he walked by, all was normal.

Shouta looked up from his desk and blinked, a soft smile crossing his face. “I enjoyed last night as well.” He said with a nod. “I’m glad to hear you did as well.”

He smiled faintly before he heard the familiar hurried clicking of heels.
"Mitsu-nii~!!" Akihime called happily, "I brought you zaru soba today since it's supposed to be warmer and some fatty tuna to go with it!" She stopped next to him with his bento and smiled brightly.
"Arigatou, Akihime.." Mitsunari muttered before glancing at Shouta, "This is my new partner, by the way. Tachibana Shouta. Tachibana-sousakan, this is my sister, Akihime."
"Ohayou!" Akihime chirped, "Please take care of Mitsu-nii for me!"

Last edited:
Shouta bowed his head to Akihime, sticking his hand out for her to shake. “It’s nice to meet you, Akihime.” He said with a soft smile; boy did he smell good.

She had to fight her mouth from watering as she shook his hand, "It's nice to meet you as well! You're very handsome, if you don't mind my saying." She said with a smile.

He seemed a little taken aback, but let out a soft laugh, one that made Mitsunari’s heart beat faster in his chest. “Why thank you, I certainly haven’t heard that before. You’re quite pretty yourself, Akihime-san.”

"A-Akihime..." Mitsunari muttered. She heard his tone change and his heart pound and she knew right away that he had a crush on this boy. Oh, that wouldn't do at all.

If Mitsunari liked this man, did Tachibana know? If he did, were they already together? She’d have to look more into this.

"If you're sure?" She asked, "I don't mind."
"Akihime, don't you think you should leave?" Mitsunari asked. She looked confused.
"Huh? Why?"

“Ah, it’s alright, really Ishida-sosakan,” He said, trying to reassure Mitsunari. “Akihime-san is more than welcome here, and I think I will take you up on your lunch offer.” He said.

She smiled brightly and nodded.
"Tomorrow, then! Prepare to have your socks knocked off!" She said. Before Mitsunari could beg her to leave, her phone went off.
"Oh! That would be my gentleman caller~ I'm going to be late for our lunch date! Ja ne! It was nice meeting you again!" She said and waved before heading off. Mitsunari's head dropped.
"Please forgive her..."

“She’s rather outgoing.” Shouta chuckled softly as he waved to Akihime as she left. “I guess she got all the extroverted?” He teased, moving back to his desk.

Mitsunari blushed faintly, "She has always been that way. She doesn't believe in frowning, I think she told me once. The world is too colorful to be so gloomy all the time."

“Well I think it’s a good way to look at things, keeps moving forward just a little bit easier.” He said, picking up a few papers and thumbing through them.

Tachibana looked up at Mitsunari again. “Well good news is today we’ll be out on oatrol again, desk work is easy for me, but that doesn’t mean I don’t hate it all the same.”

Shouta laughed with a soft smile, and together the two managed their paperwork before heading out on patrol in their assigned district.

It was quiet, as it always had been, nothing seemed really out of the ordinary. They didn't really pick up yet that they were being followed.

Back
Top Bottom