Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

She didn’t move, didn’t try to stop him from pulling the mask off of her, her breathing labored and revealing the pain she was in.

Megohime’s kakugan was still half activated, blood still dripping down her chin, forcing a smile through the pain. “Sorry this was how you had to find out.. Not really how I planned it I guess..”

"Y-You..." He felt sick, "O-Oh God..." He gripped the hilt and tried to carefully pull his quinque from her, "You're...you took..." His head was spinning and he felt like he would faint.

Megohime clenched her teeth and let out a groan of agony, clenching her fists. “J-Just yank it out, it’s gonna hurt like a bitch either way..!” She said through ragged breaths.

Megohime’s cry of pain only made his guts twist more, her expression of anguish strange. The two images he now had of her conflicting; a cruel ghoul who had taken his eye and tormented him for years, and the kind woman who laughed at his jokes and enjoyed when he played with her hair. She placed a hand over the hole in her stomach, body shaking with agony.

She let out a weak laugh, wincing in pain from doing so. “I dunno, might just be I’m bad through and through..?” She leaned the back of her head against the wall behind her. “I really can’t tell you..”

She smiled, but it was sad, almost regretful. “I know.. I could see how much you hated me, and it only made me want you more..”

"No." She said firmly, shaking her head and looking at him, her eyes normal once again. "I never faked my feelings toward you, none of them. That I swear to you."

He looked conflicted. He wanted to believe her but it was so hard to. He felt betrayed and lied to. "I wanted to get back at you for so long for taking my eye..."

"You still can, I wont stop you." Megohime herself hadn't realized she was crying until she felt the tears dripping down her cheeks, making it hard to see Masamune in front of her. Her body was so heavy at this point, her shirt and shorts soaked with her own blood, and she was so very tired.

Megohime didn't fight him, letting him pull her onto his back and start to carry her off down the road. "What are you doing..?" She asked after a while of him carrying her in silence.

She blinked slowly, not sure if he was just lying to her, or being serious; she had maimed him, tormented and stalked him for years, and yet he was going to care for her? Tears burned her eyes, she didn't even want to be herself in that moment, full of shame and regret. "... Why..?"

Now he was just being cruel, she was so awful to him, and here he was, still trying to care for her, this wasn't how humans were, they were awful and violent. She clenched her teeth, fighting off her tears as he carried her to his home.

When he got to the estate, he tried to slip in without anyone seeing; but he knew the ghouls would soon smell the blood if they didn't already. He took her to his room and set her gently on the floor.
"I'll be right back.."

Megohime only gave a silent nod, feeling as though if she did speak, she'd cry. Why was he going through all this trouble for her? She watched him closely, unsure of his true motives, surely he had to be lying.

He moved to the door and when he opened it, he was greeted by multiple burning kakugan.
"We smelled a ghoul!"
"Are you alright, hitto?!"
"That ain't your blood, is it?!"
"No...No, it's Mego's..." Masamune answered and moved to show them.
"Your girlfriend, Megohime??"
"She's a ghoul!?"

Back
Top Bottom