Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime only sat slumped against the wall, eyes on the ghouls who peered in at her, turning her head away. Being so vulnerable made her skin itch, wishing for her mask.

Megohime waited until the ghouls all scrambled off before looking to Masamune. "Why are you doing this..? You could just call the CCG and be rid of me."

Last edited:
“How are you the one with backwards thinking here..?” She said with a bitter laugh. “I’m the evil ghoul, you’re the valiant Dove who protects the public, yet you’re sparing and saving me..? Even feeding me..?”

"You're still my girlfriend..." He told her, "I fell in love with the girl who laughed at my shit jokes and shared coffee with me, who played full concerts every few months and hates her outfits and make up every time she has to wear them.."

More tears. “What the fuck..?” She rubbed them away angrily, face red; again she was acting just like the Megohime who he had fell in love with. “Are you broken..? It’s all fake..! I’m not human, I’m a ghoul, just a monster..!”

"I live with ghouls...and they act very human. They laugh, they drink and smoke...they love and they feel...ain't no monsters in this house...and...I mean, yeah, we all got our problems. But you said yourself your feelings for me were real..." Masamune himself seemed to still be struggling with the news; on the one hand, he had hated her for years, and had made it his goal to get her back for his eye. But knowing now it was the girl he had been in love with, he didn't know what to do.

Megohime lowered her head, starting to get tired from the blood loss and the tranquilizers, still trying to think of something- anything -to say to him, but she really only could manage one thing before she started to nod off. “I’m sorry.”

"Hitto!" Masamune turned and looked at the flesh his man had brought, taking it and bringing it to Megohime.
"Hey..." He smacked her cheek to try and wake her through the tranquilizers, "Look, we got you some food."

It was no use, she was out cold, even with human flesh less than a foot away, she didn’t even flinch. He couldn’t blame her though, he had emptied an entire clip of tranquilizers into her.

He frowned and sat with her.
"U-Uh...hitto..." Masamune looked up at the nervous ghouls, "What...what about Katakura...?"
"I'll deal with him..." Masamune muttered.

Megohime was clearly harmless for the time being, but there was the matter of Kojurou not finding her. He would report the situation to the CCG no problem, that or take her head off while she was unconscious.

Surely if Megohime was found out by Kojurou, she’d be killed, or worse. That meant her family were ghouls; how far did the chain go? Her friends? Associates?

Masamune didn't know how long he had been sitting there, but it was long enough that Kojurou had come home from Headquarters; he could hear the heavy angry footfalls coming down the hallway.
"Masamune-sama!" Oh, he was pissed. Masamune waved.
"Sup?"
"When were you going to tell me?!" Kojurou snapped. Masamune glanced at Megohime before looking at him.
"If she was lucky, never.."

She looked so gentle in her unconscious state, expression calm like she wasn’t in danger at all. She was still covered in blood though, a hole still through her middle.

"You have to take her in to Headquarters."
"You can fuck right off with that one." Masamune said, looking up at him. Kojurou scowled.
"She's a ghoul."
"She's my girlfriend." Masamune hissed. Kojurou scowled even more.
"She's the reason you're missing your eye."
"Yeah, tell me something I don't fucking know already."
"She's a danger!"
"Shut up, Kojurou! You wanna go tell that to the others, huh?! Get out of here with that shit!"

Their arguing seemed to go on for hours, neither one budging on their stance, and soon Megohime started to stir. She heard voices, but couldn’t quite understand who they belonged to, or what they were saying. Her kakugan was flared when her eyes opened, hungry and still wounded.

She heard a familiar hiss and when she looked, she saw Kojurou with his quinque. Though, before she could react or Kojurou could move, Masamune shot up and punched him hard in the face.
"Leave. Her. Alone." MAsamune hissed.

Megohime couldn’t react, her body still sluggish and not listening to her fully. Fear flooded her senses at the sight of Kojurou over her with a Quinque, and all she could manage was to fall onto her side in an attempt to avoid being killed. She cried out weakly in pain, her wound still open and now oozing blood once more. She couldn’t get to her feet, only able to curl up partially and cough up blood.

"Jesus..." Masamune looked back at her and moved over, kneeling down and grabbing the flesh, "Here, Mego, eat..."
"Are you sure about this, Masamune?" Kojurou asked. Masamune looked back at him and gave a nod.
"I'll pay for it later if I gotta..."

Megohime found it humiliating having to be fed, but she didn’t argue. She took the flesh in her hands, taking a bite and keeping her gaze away from the both of them. She was a disgrace, needing to rely on a Dove to eat and live; she didn’t mind it so much being Masamune though.

Back
Top Bottom