Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Amaya frowned more. “I’m sorry..” She shook her head. “I shouldn’t have pried so much.”

She shook her head, "No, it's alright...it's odd, but...I did it to protect a human...he's like a brother to me, I didn't want him to be eaten...Tou-san took him in just to eat him and I couldn't let that happen..." She looked conflicted, "Not...not all humans are awful, or just food...there has to be a human who is like that for you...Sasuke, right?"

She frowned, averting her gaze from Akihime’s. “Sasuke isn’t entirely human... He’s like us, just missing a few parts..” It was easy to see why Amaya didn’t like humans all that much, being nothing more than a womb, locked away in a cage until she was needed.

"I see..." She muttered, "It's alright...I know there are some out there...Mitsu-nii is so kind...he has moments where he's fussy but that's his charm!" Akihime seemed so happy to talk about this boy, smiling from ear to ear, "But we won't talk about it anymore! I have some clothes for you to change into! And we can just catch up until the sun sets!"

Things were nice, they got to spend time together during the day, talking and catching up, but only when night came did Akihime have to leave for her job.

She waitressed at an old fashioned tea house, she was surprised things like these still existed. It was mainly for tourists but it put money in her wallet. She didn't like leaving Amaya alone but she didn't really have a choice; she gave her one of her old phones so they could at least email should she need anything.

Amaya was content with staying inside while Akihime was gone, for she never really had gone outside in her life time, but without her medicines and suppressants, her hunger came quickly. Soon she couldn’t even control her kakugan; she had to go out, had to get food, even if it would only tide her over for a small time. And so she set out, wearing a hooded coat Akihime had given her, searching for anything that would sustain her.

It wasn’t so hard catching the humans, they were slow and weak, but few and far between where she wouldn’t get caught. Ghouls on the other hand, were easy to spot, but hard to kill if she didn’t do it quickly, she she mainly stayed with hunting humans.

She would often get emails from Akihime on her breaks, asking Amaya how she was doing and if she needed anything. Akihime was always worried about this medicine Amaya said she needed. What even was it? Could she get it from someone outside of the Garden? She fret over it a lot.

The adjustment was hard for Amaya, although she enjoyed her time during the day with Akihime, she was lonely at nights. She’d only grow weaker as the days passed, needing to eat more to accommodate her aggressive Kagune. Akihime could see it drained her, and the only thing that helped alleviate her symptoms was to eat.

She did her best with the trafficking she "inherited" from Yoshitsugu but Amaya was draining resources far too quickly. She just hoped Amaya wasn't attracting any attention...
Sadly, she was. The CCG got word of rapid loss of life in the Ward and sent Doves to look into it.

Amaya felt guilty for the strain she was putting on Akihime, but if she didn’t eat she’d only grow sicker, so she was forced to go out every night in search of food.

While she was out, two men in suits with suitcases approached her, "It isn't safe out here this time of night, you should head home.."

Amaya flinched a bit at the sound of his voice, turning to look at them. Her heart froze at the sight of them- two suited men with briefcases- Doves. “I-I’m just out for some fresh air..” She muttered, wishing she had worn something to cover her hair better.

"There have been reported ghoul attacks throughout the ward. You really should head home." He told her. Though the other was quiet, watching.

She couldn’t help but glance at the one that was watching her, he made her nervous. “Yeah... Yeah, I’ll do that..” She nodded, moving to walk passed them to leave.

She stopped just beside him, head down. “I-I’m only visiting Tokyo... I don’t live out here..” She muttered, feeling faint from the fear alone, were they going to take her away?

“I’m not a ghoul...” Just saying that made her want to vomit, why did she have to hide what she was? “I’m just ill, can I go home now please?”

She heard the hiss of his suitcase and the second followed. But they didn't get very far, a familiar pink tail pierced through the chest of the younger one before another decapitated the last, "Ama...!" Akihime moved over quickly, "Are you ok?"

Amaya fell to her knees, letting out a shaky breath and nodding. “Please don’t let them take me back..! I don’t want to go back!” She couldn’t stop her shaking, terrified at the thought alone.

"Hey, hey...!" Akihime knelt in front of her, gently grasping her shoulders, "I worked way too hard to get you out of there, I would never let you go back.."

She nodded, taking a deep breath. “We should go before anyone sees us.” She said softly, getting back onto her feet.

Back
Top Bottom