Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“Rumors are just that, why put so much merit in them?” She shot back, questioning herself as to why she was even responding to him.

Nothing, Jin said nothing in response, simply continuing on with her lips pressed firmly together.

Jin was grateful he had finally shut up, continuing down the path, which was almost completely covered by snow at this point.

Ukaku shards dug into her coat, stopped thankfully by her vest that she wore, but she was knocked to her feet from the force. Matsunaga unsheathed his Quinque, a rapier of sorts and a pistol that was black as pitch.
"Kawabe-sousakan, are you alright?"

Jin was up on her feet in moments, pulling her Quinque from her sheath- a scarlet katana. “I’m fine, the vest stopped it.” She said, preparing for a fight.

"Where are you keeping Komkor Tolya?!" Ghouls flooded out of the snow like roaches, kagunes poised for the attack. Matsunaga made a noise, scowling faintly.
"He is safe and being very well cared for by our comrades, I can assure you."
"We want him freed! Or you will die!"
"How pathetic..." Matsunaga muttered flatly.

Jin scowled and looked over the ghouls that had them surrounded. They were far outnumbered, and even if they radioed for backup, it wouldn’t get there in time.

"Take us to the Komkor no-!" The ghoul was interrupted abruptly by Matsunaga shooting him in the head with his pistol Quinque.
"Gavriil!"
"Shall we, Kawabe-sousakan?" Matsunaga asked, "I do not wish to entertain them any further."

Jin responded by lunging for the closest ghoul, cutting through his kagune when he tried to block, then separating his head from his body.

All of them poured down on the two doves, who seemed to take care of themselves rather well considering how outnumbered they were. Matsunaga was incredibly efficient, maneuvering well with his rapier and pistol.

Jin was quick, even in her heavy gear, she easily weaves through the ghouls, hacking off limbs and heads, using only her katana as she held her rifle on her back.

The ghouls hardly stood a chance, sure they managed to get some hits in on the two, but they were both trained far too well for their junior positions.
"Well, now..." Matsunaga said between breaths, "That was a rather enjoyable impromptu exercise."

“We’ll have to report this in, there’ll be more than this, possibly an attack on headquarters.” She said, putting her Quinque away.

It was the same as she last remembered it, the flowers, the blindingly bright fluorescent lights to simulate sunlight, all of it was exactly the same. Nothing had changed in all the years she was gone except for who resided there, and at that time, it was no one. The fields were empty, no children ran around, laughing and playing, only Akihime stood in the field, alone.

She looked around, chest aching with anxiety, but she pushed it down, she was here for a reason. No reunions, no joy, just purpose. She was going to finally get her friend out of here. Amaya's familiar smell wasn't hard to find, and she made her way at top speed to find her.

Amaya was asleep, tucked away under her blanket, blissfully unaware of what chaos was about to break out.

Amaya stirred, opening her eyes and sitting up in bed groggily. She rubbed her eyes and turned her head. “Sasuke..?” It was clear she was still half asleep, squinting to see who was looking in the small window on the door.

She was met with kagune, angry veins disappearing under a boney kakuja mask, "It's me, Ama...! It's Aki...! I came back, like I promised...!"

The face she didn't recognize, she looked so different, and the mask only further obscured her visage. “Akihime..?” She got out of bed, moving to the door hesitantly.

Back
Top Bottom