Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“Otani household?” Suddenly Megohime was on the offensive, slamming her Bikaku down onto Akihime’s head and back, the tail wrapping around her head before she was slung hard into the building behind her. “What fucking household was that again?” She asked, on Akihime again in seconds. “As I recall, the Otani house vanished with the old man, and his two human children were split off as orphans!”

Another strong strike to her head, coming faster now, over and over as Megohime’s rage started to erupt. “Come of age? Like that’ll happen with how you’re slinking around! Following the CC-fucking-G like a goddamned suicidal dog! You’re an idiot! You’ve got no damned brains in that empty head of yours, do you!?” She snarled, kakugan flaring and angry veins covering her face. “You’ll be killed before that day ever comes! And if by some miracle that it does, what’ll you do, huh? With no standing, no beneficiaries or funds? Don’t make me laugh, you’ll be dead in the water before you can even start!”

"Stop! Stop!" Akihime was crying, her taiks trying to cocoon around her in a feable attempt to shield herself from Megohime's blows, "You're wrong...! You're wrong about me...!"

Agonizing pain flared through Akihime’s stomach, and she could feel and smell her own blood. “Am I?” She asked, yanking her kagune out of Akihime’s gut.

Megohime snorted, flicking the blood off her kagune before turning to leave. “Just die here, you won’t be missed.” She sneered before leaving.

Akihime sat against the wall, tears pouring down her cheeks as her body mended itself as fast as it could after Megohime's attack. She would prove she wasn't nobody, one day, and rub it in Megohime's face.

Megohime often blew off steam by slaughtering other ghouls within her families territory, finding her fathers overbearing attitude stressful. She kept up perfect grades and social status within human society, and often times his controlling nature bled over into her musical career as well. Still, with less than half of her high school career left, she found herself feeling trapped, even if her father wasn’t around to control her.

Masamune had ended up joining the academy for the CCG, still determined after all this time to be the shit out of that ghoul who took his eye. He was a prodigy, which annoyed his teachers because he was incredible with his work but was too lazy to be bothered. Kojurou told them it was because he spent a lot of hos time consumed with his family business but honestly, Masamune thought the homework was asinine. Paperwork had nothing to do with killing ghouls so he never did it.

He hadn’t seen that female ghoul in years, like she had just simply stopped existing, but he knew it wasn’t so. She was alive out there somewhere, and once he had his license and quinque, he’d hunt her down and pay her back in kind.

"Masamune-sama," Kojurou called from behind the closed door of the lounge. Masamune was just hanging out, celebrating his graduation with the others. "May I enter?"
"Course you can, Kojurou, what's up?" Masamune looked over when Kojurou entered and bowed.
"To commemorate your graduation, I wanted to take you to a shamisen concert."
"Old fart music? If the old man were still here, I'd tell you to take him." Masamune said dully, "But...yeah, ok, I'll go..."

Masamune had heard of such concerts, but usually they were preformed by older women, but on the play book it said the girl playing was only a year to her than Masamune himself. Homura Saika, said to be a musical prodigy with the Shamisen, debuting at thirteen years old.

The show was far beyond what Masamune would’ve thought it was; it started as traditional music, slow and peaceful, but it quickly changed to fast-paced music; it was surprisingly entrancing. Before he knew it, the show was over, yet his heart still raced- she was beautiful, even though her face was hidden with makeup.

When everyone was making their way out, Masamune was sneaking back stage to talk to her. Saika, right? Shit, he didn't pay attention to her name.

He was stopped nearly right away, stage hands, scowling at the unfamiliar face. “What are you doing back here? You aren’t with the crew, you have to leave!”

The stage hand immediately looked pale at the crest, mumbling something as he looked away and moved aside for Masamune to pass.

“Ah, is the car here already? Sorry, I’m still-“ The door opened and Masamune was face to face with the girl from onstage, only she had already cleaned the makeup off of her face. “Oh.. I’m sorry, I mistook you for someone else.” She was still wearing her hair up, and most of her traditional garb, but it was clear he caught her in the middle of changing. Without the makeup, she looked her age, and she was actually rather cute up close. “I’m sorry, I don’t think we’ve met, so forgive me for not knowing your name.”

He smirked a bit and stuck his hands in his pockets, "Date Masamune desu. I just wanted to tell you personally how much I enjoyed the show."

She didn’t flinch at all at his name, perhaps she had never heard of him? Not unheard of, but uncommon. Megohime could hardly contain her excitement at the twisted misfortune this idiot had, had he really stumbled upon her again by accident? It was likely, after watching how he spent his younger days, he was surprised he was still kicking.
“I’m glad you liked it, I usually stick to my typical performance, but decided last minute to change a few things, so I’m glad to hear things weren’t that awful.” She said with a smile.

Something about being this close to her made his right eye socket tingle but he ignored it.
"I was wondering if maybe you would like to go out sometime? Have some coffee or something?" Slap on that old Date charm, she'll be coiled around his finger in no time.

Back
Top Bottom