Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Nana collapsed to the floor and reached a hand to cover the wound, but stopped herself from doing so. She couldn’t bring herself to look at how bad the wound was, but she didn’t have to see it to know it was bad. “I-I’m ok... J-Just get some towels, th-then the first aid kit, ok..?” She didn’t move an inch, scared of what might happen if she did, heart racing with adrenaline.

He nodded and brought her a towel, applying as much pressure as he thought she needed, "Keep that there, I'll get the first aid, ok?"

Nana held the towel over her shoulder as tight as she could, feeling her blood dripping down her arm and onto the floor, and her heartbeat slow. “Motochika...” She called from the bathroom, feeling the adrenaline starting to wear off. “Don’t freak out, but I’m going to go into shock soon.” She could feel herself getting woozy, pain starting to throb in her shoulder. “You- you can’t take me to the hospital, ok?”

“They’ll call the CCG! They’ll find you, Motochika..!” Even in a situation where her own life was on the line, Nana was still thinking about Motochika first. “Please! We have the things I’ll need here... Well almost all of it..”

She looked pale, so very pale and tired. “Um..” It looked like it was really taking a lot to focus on thinking. “I’ll probably need a blood transfusion... Saline, and gauze.. lots of gauze..” Nana closed her eyes for a moment. “Dis..disinfectant... Um, I think that’s all..”

"I should just take you to the fucking hospital, Jesus Christ." He panicked, packing a bit before steeling himself - or trying. If he ran as fast as he possibly could, he could get what she needed from the hospital and be back before she passed out from blood loss. "Just stay awake, ok? I'll be right back, don't you dare go to sleep." He said and rushed out in the blink of an eye.

Nana leaned herself against the wall, resting her forehead against the cold tiles; she was so tired, and her limbs felt so heavy. She stole a glance at her shoulder, towel spotted with blood, why had Motochika bitten her? She still didn’t understand much in regards to Ghouls and their needs, but there was a good reason for him doing it right? She wasn’t just a pet to him, right?

Motochika ran so fast, he thought the g force would knock him over. But he got to the hospital, in and out with what Nana needed, in record time before heading back home.

Nana was still where he left her, opening her eyes groggily as he came in. “The bleeding isn’t slowing... Can’t really tell if it’s a good thing or a bad thing though..” She said with a soft laugh.

Nana pulled the towel away from her shoulder, showing Motochika the grotesque wound. He had nearly taken her whole shoulder, blood still oozing slowly from the ragged wound. “How bad is it..?” She asked softly, fighting her fatigue.

If he could puke from the stress, he would have, "You really should go to the hospital, Nana...I can lie low for a while, it's fine, I don't care about some shitty doves...!"

The expression on her face changed, and she firmly shook her head. “No... Motochika, I care..! I don’t want you to have to hide..! It’s not right..! Just please... please don’t take me to the hospital again..”

She winced when he moved her, but steadied herself with a shaky breath. “You’ll have to clean the bite first... I’ve got disinfectant in my first aid kit.. then you’ll have to stop the bleeding..”

He nodded and took the disinfectant, carefully and gently cleaning the wound, "I'm still so sorry...I didn't think I was that hungry..."

Nana clenched her teeth from the pain of him cleaning the wound, letting out a weak cry. “I-It’s fine... I’m not mad, let’s just focus on fixing me up, ok..?” She tried to smile for his sake, but he could see it was forced.

He felt disgusting. But he nodded; he wasn't going to lose her because he was the biggest idiot in the whole of Japan. He just followed her instructions as she gave them, stopping for a few seconds every now and again when she needed a break from the pain.

Her shoulder didn’t look any better the more he worked, needing to stitch close what he could after stopping the bleeding. Nana was still only studying to become a nurse, so she had limited knowledge, but did decent enough walking him through what to do. Once she was all patched up and wrapped up, she was hooked up to the blood and saline bags. “You just have to make sure they stay above my head..” She explained softly, looking dead tired.

He nodded and tried to keep them held above her head for a while on his own before having to tie them to close hangers and hang them above the tub.

Nana would be in and out for the next few days, requiring many bags of blood and fluids. She would eat when she was awake, Motochika bringing her all kinds of food and drink, but mostly she slept, her body expending a great amount of energy to try and heal.

He felt awful the whole time, each time she said she forgave him he only hated himself more. He was an idiot for coming straight home after that fight, he should have just found some hobo somewhere. He hardly left her unless he really needed to, he had to pretend he was Nana's father to excuse her from school so she could recover, and he brought her her homework so she wouldn't lag behind in medical school.

Motochika felt like he was going to lose his mind, hardly sleeping, and with him spending all his time watching Nana, he hadn’t eaten anything since he took a bite from her.

Back
Top Bottom