Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Jin was sent to wait in an empty conference room like the other boys were, tidying her papers that had become messy when she had her books knocked from her arms. Her knuckles had been cleaned, but nothing could really be done about her black eye.

She stopped fixing her papers, staring at them for a moment as she thought. “They were the ones who started the altercation, I merely defended myself.” She said softly.

This wasn’t an outcome Jin preferred, missing class was something she ever did. “What about my studies?” She almost sounded angry.

She turned her head away and finished tidying her books and paper. “Alright.” She agreed softly, accepting her punishment. “Gomenasai, Takeda-dono.”

He exhaled softly and his expression softened, "I know it was not of your own doing, Jin..."

Akihime had been under a lot of stress lately. Yoshitsugu had been rather unhappy with just about everything ever since the Tamura had denied their alliance. He was almost near violent with Mitsunari, and she did her best to protect her brother from her father's wrath. He was relentless with his beatings, but if it kept Mitsunari safe she didn't care. Mitsunari hardly showed he cared, but she knew deep down he appreciated it. There was one day Akihime tried desperately to keep Yoshitsugu away from Mitsunari, her father so angry that he threatened that he would kill Mitsunari.
"But Mitsu-nii has done nothing, Tou-san! Please, show him mercy!"
"Mercy? To a livestock? I think not." Yoshitsugu said. Akihime looked terrified.
"L...Livestock?" She repeated. Yoshitsugu smirked darkly.
"That's all he was here for anyway, child. He's food." He stated. Akihime couldn't believe her ears. Kill and eat Mitsunari? She couldn't, she wouldn't! She cared about him too much.
"Did you really think I brought him here to care for him? You naive little girl. Humans are nothing more than cattle."
"N...No...Mitsu-nii isn't...I won't...!" Akihime gasped. Yoshitsugu chuckled.
"You speak as if you have a choice."
"No!!" Sje screamed and her five rinkaku shot out lightning fast, skewering Yoshitsugu in the blink of an eye. She screamed as she stabbed him over and over, tears pouring down her cheeks. She would protect Mitsunari for as long as she lived, and her rinkaku didn't stop until she was sure he was dead. She even ripped out his ghoul organ and ate it.
When Mitsunari returned from school, he was met with Akihime dazed and covered in blood, hunched over the corpse of her father.

Last edited:
The CCG showed up not long after Mitsunari, whom had called them when he found his adopted sister in shock and covered in blood beside their fathers corpse. She couldn’t even look away from him, even when the investigators wrapped her in a blanket and moved her away from the body.
his entrails were scattered about, every drop of blood drained from his body and splattered across the walls, floor, and ceiling.

"Akihime, what happened?" Mitsunari had been trying to get her to talk even as they waited for the CCG to arrive but she didn't utter a single word. When she was pulled from the house, she looked over at Mitsunari and started to cry.
"Mitsu-nii..." She whimpered and he sat beside her quietly.
"Tell them what happened.." He muttered. She felt dread pour over her body like cold molasses. What could she say? She had been trying to think something up this whole time but she just couldn't.
"It...it was a ghoul..." She muttered, "H-He broke in and overpowered Tou-san...or at least...at least I think he broke in...he might have taken advantage of Tou-san's hospitality, I don't know...!" She started to get incredibly upset, body shaking hard.

The investigator taking her statement frowned softly, closing his notebook with a soft sigh. “Alright, that’ll be all for tonight, for now you two will be taken into custody of the CCG, and in the morning, we’ll find somewhere for you two to be placed.”

"I want to join the academy." Mitsunari told him firmly. Akihime looked horrified. Become a dove? He could get hurt, or worse.
"Mitsu-nii, no...!"
"I need to find and kill whoever did this to Gyobu, Akihime. I'll make him pay with his life." He told her. She started to shake again and she held his hand tight.
"Will I get to stay with Mitsu-nii?" She asked the investigator weakly.

The young man looked nervous, as he was only tasked with getting Mitsunari’s and Akihime’s statements. After speaking to his superiors, he returned to the two to tell them of their fate.
Akihime, who was still underage would be sent to a group home, but Mitsunari was welcome to join the academy as he pleased.

"N-No...! No! Mitsu-nii, don't leave me!" Akihime begged, grabbing Mitsunari's arm tight. He didn't look at her, almost like he couldn't bear to.
"I'm sorry, Akihime. It's for the best."
"No! No, please, don't leave me alone! Don't do this!" She cried before she was pulled away from her adopted brother kicking and screaming.

The investigators chalked it up to her being under immense stress, taking her to a separate car from Mitsunari, trying to calm her the best that they could.

She had to fight her kagune and kakugan through the whole process, her mind finally just shutting down while they tried finding her a new home. She wasn't allowed to visit Mitsunari or even contact him and that made her even more stressed. But she tried to be better, her new foster parents chalking it toward depression developed from her trauma. It was harder pretending to be human, she had to sneak out all the time to eat as a proper ghoul, throwing up the human food she had to swallow to keep appearances. She spent a lot of her time just keeping an eye on Mitunari on her own. She was still going to her private school, but she would always take longer getting home so she could find Mitsunari and make sure he was ok. She couldn't bear if anything happened to him. He was all she had now. She wasn't going to let anything happen to him. Not a single ghoul was going to touch a hair on his head. She was sure of that. She became a bit of a menace in the Ward, picking fights with ghouls and eating their kakuhou to make her kagune stronger. She needed to be stronger.

Nana and Motochika were nearing the end of their school year, both being third years, and both having lots of schoolwork on their hands. Nana had some struggles with Motochika’s lifestyle, but hid them the best she could for the most part. She worried for him, knowing he was in constant danger from both humans and ghouls alike.

Motochika never let it bother him, there was no need to be constantly paranoid. If he was, he would be found out faster and hr didn't want that for him or Nana.

Nana helped Motochika with his studying the best she could, but she was often too busy with her own schooling, already planning to enter an internship at the local hospital to get into nursing.
“Have you heard anything back from anyone down at the docks yet?”

He shook his head, "No, not a peep. I don't think they're truly convinced of my physical prowess yet." He said before grinning.

Nana had looked a little tired the passed few days, but she had been staying up late to study. “Well, you’ll just have to keep going down there to pester them, show them that they’re putting themself at a disadvantage without you.” She smiled back at him.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss her cheek, "You're too smart for me, Nana, I'd be living on the streets were it not for you~"

“Hardly, you’re far more capable than you realize.” She blushed at his kiss, her heart skipping a beat.

He chuckled and held her close before suddenly stopping. There was a group of guys across from them, standing around and staring at them. Motochika pushed Nana behind him and she noticed angry veins crawling down his eyes, "Get behind me, Nana, stay close."

Nana blinked in confusion, looking up at him, then to the men across the way from them, tightening her grip on her school bag. “Motochika..?”

Back
Top Bottom