Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

All Sasuke needed to do was to bide his time, play his cards right, and he’d get Megohime to wander right into his trap. Something still wasn’t right with the Date estate, Sasuke could smell it, but he had no proof yet. He’d need to wait and watch.

The door opened and Megohime entered with an irritated look on her face, one hiding how she really felt. “I didn’t know your coworkers liked you so much.” She said.

Megohime stared at the door Sasuke had left through, chewing on her thumbnail. “Watch out for him.” She said, looking to Masamune. “He’s dangerous- more so than you.”

“He should, there’s something off with him. He fights like a ghoul; his strength isn’t human.” She shook her head. “Just keep him away from here, or he’ll stir up trouble.”

“Yeah- I was still pretty weak at the time, but he’s no joke.” She answered with a nod. “Should tell the boys to be careful in the meantime.”

“I already know that,” She paused for a minute. “But I’ll limit my patrols for now.” She would having to compromise for now.

He nodded, "Good."
Masamune was very careful when he was out on hia walks, always keeping his eye and his ears open, but something about Sasuke didn't sit right with him.

Not even Kojurou or Megohime was allowed out on walks with Masamune- it was his own alone time, the only few moments he got.

He just needed to clear his head, this was a lot to figure out. He stopped when he spotted someone in his path, scowling when he noticed it was Sasuke.
"What do you want now?" Masamune huffed, "I'm really sick of seeing you."
"I just wanted to test something, if you'll indulge me." Sasuke replied coolly.

Test something? What was he on about? Was he still trying to pry into her personal life to investigate Megohime? As if he would ever give her up to a snake like him, let alone to anyone.

He scowled, watching as Sasuke pulled a sai from his back, twitling it slowly before making his way toward Masamune.
"Do you plan on attacking me, shit stain?" Masamune growled. Sasuke smiked softly.
"Just to see if my thoughts are correct." He replied before he suddenly vanished. Masamune's widened and he looked back just in time to watch Sasuke jam the sai into his leg. White hot pain shot through him and he swallowed a yell as he fought to stay upright, even when Sasuke ripped it out.
"Nothin, huh?" Sasuke asked, frowning.

There was no way the higher ups would have given the green light on such a thing- attacking one of their own investigators, unless they really did suspect Masamune as harboring ghouls. Perhaps Sasuke was acting on his own- either way, Masamune was only armed with Q-bullets, and thought it wouldn’t kill a human, it would hurt him.

Masamune pulled out his gun and fired but hit nothing, Sasuke moving too fast.
"Please don't take this personally." Sasuke said before jamming his sai into Masamune's bad shoulder, which rewarded him with a near deafening cry of pain.

Pain jolted through Masamune, feeling like Megohime was tearing through his shoulder all over again. The pain was so much he tasted copper and his legs gave out underneath him, dropping him to his knees. Surely being able to smell his blood and hear his cries would attract Megohime- if she truly was being hidden by Masamune.

Masamune was in tears, body quaking in his agony as he barely managed to keep himself upright. But Sasuke wasn't watching him, he was watching the area.

It would only be a matter of time before she would show up, Sasuke knew she was nearby- his thoughts were interrupted when something heavy landed on his back, something sharp digging into his shoulder. Something thick and heavy wrapped around his leg and he felt a hand grab a handful of hair as she jerked his head to the side, biting hard into his neck, digging a quinque blade into his shoulder with her other hand.

Megohime held on tighter, refusing to be thrown off. Hurting her was one thing, but injuring Masamune? She wouldn’t let that go.

Back
Top Bottom