Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime didn’t want to be there any longer, with Akihime there, and the mouthy gang member, she just wanted to get back into Masamune’s turf as quick as she could. “You’ve got the boss’s thanks.” Megohime said to Akihime before turning to head back in the direction they had just come from.
Yukimura’s own face flushed with embarrassment, but he didn’t care how wrong he was. “Apologize.” He stated firmly, not moving from his spot. “Apologize to Akihime.”

"Apologize?" He sneered, "For fuckin what? Speakin the truth?"
"That's enough, we're leaving." One of the others grabbed him but he shrugged him off.
"Y-Yukimura, it's ok, really.." Akihime said softly.

“There are just some things you don’t say-”
“I thought I said we were leaving.” Megohime cut off Yukimura, glaring at the gang member that was causing a scene, Kakugan flared in irritation. “Or are you saying the boss’s orders of no fighting are beneath you?”
Yukimura wasn’t budging, keeping his gaze locked with the other gang member.

"Hitto will have a cow if you start shit outside his turf."
"I'm not apologizing to some psycho bitch for tellin her like it is."
"Hime, let's just let Aki-san deal with him and leave, he's clearly fucking stupid." One of the boys whispered to Megohime.

Megohime glanced nervously to Akihime, then back in the direction that led to home. “Let him stay. If he dies, it’s because he decided to be a fool off turf.” She said, then started to walk away.
Yukimura moved forward and grabbed the front of the man’s shirt, giving a small tug forward. “Watch what you call her- she’s a woman, you show her respect.”

"A-Ah, Yukimura, don't-!"
"Fuck off, shitstain, what she is ain't a woman. At best, she's a fucking animal." He sneered, not even caring that Megohime and the others left him. Akihime grabbed Yukimura's arm gently.
"R-Really, Yukimura, I've heard way worse, it isn't worth it...!"
"Yeah, be a good dog and piss off."

The second he finished his sentence, Yukimura slammed his forehead hard into the man’s face, feeling his nose break as he head-butted him again and again. He held on firm to the front of the man’s shirt, feeling his anger bloom in his chest.

"Y-Yukimura!!" Akihime panicked and tried to grab him and pull him off the gamg member. The Date ghoul choked, dazed for a second, before pulling his fist back and slamming it into Yukimura's jaw.

“No, he needs to apologize for saying such things to you!” Yukimura took the blows, but refused to let go, slamming his elbow across the man’s face. “You aren’t a monster!” Maybe he was just letting out his anger and frustration, but he certainly wouldn’t let this man’s words pass that easily.

"But, he-!"
"Fuck off already!!" The ghoul lifted Yukimura easily with his kokaku and threw him into Akihime, who grunted with effort to brace Yukimura's fall.

Yukimura hit Akihime and they both slid backwards into the alley wall. Yukimura saw red; he had been used to hurt Akihime- his weakness was frustrating. The white of his left eye started to turn black, the brown iris turning red as red veins spread down his cheek. He charged forward again, hand grabbing the throat of the man hard, two tails sprouting from his lower back. They looked familiar to Akihime, a vibrant pink, each tail armored all the way down to the tips, which forked into a trident shape.

Her eyes widened in horror; she knew there would be a risk, a huge chance that he would get her kakuja, but she had hoped vainly he wouldn't.
"No...no, stop...! Stop!! Yukimura, put him down!!" She yelled, scrambling to her feet and moving over quickly. The ghoul choked and snarled, using his weight to swing his kokaku hard at Yukimura's head.

Yukimura didn’t yet know how to control his Kagune, so he couldn’t block the hit, being knocked away once again with a grunt. Why was Akihime trying to stop him? Why wouldn’t she let him defend her? His frustration grew, but he didn’t try to attack again, obeying Akihime.

"A-Are you ok...?" She asked gently, helping him up.
"Good dog, listening to your bitch." The ghoul smirked. Akihime frowned softly and held Yukimura's hand.
"He's right, Yukimura...I am a monster...look what I did to you so selfishly? And you're still protecting me.." She muttered.
"Pretty pathetic she let you get beat up for her, though. Megohime is more of a woman than you are, any day." He stated. Akihime stood silently for a moment before she squeezed Yukimura's hand.
"Yukimura..." Her kakugan was agitated as she glared at the ground, "Kill him."

Yukimura didn’t know what snapped inside of him, but when Akihime gave him the command, he obeyed immediately. His Kagune was still out and active, and he did his best to move it, swinging the tails wildly at the ghoul in front of him as he closed the distance once more, slugging him in the head.

He was caught off guard and took the full hit, flying back before pushing himself up.
"Wh-What the fuck...?!" He moved to charge but Akihime's own rinkaku wrapped around his legs, keeping him still.
"You should have obeyed Megohime. Now you're going to die in the dirt like the worm you are." Akihime said lowly.

Yukimura took the opportunity Akihime gave him by holding onto his legs, tackling him to the ground hard and piercing his Kagune through his shoulder to hold him in place. “Apologize.” He said lowly as he slammed his fist into his face.

"I-I'm not... apologizing...!" He coughed, blood gushing from his nose and mouth. Akihime crossed her arms.
"At this point, I don't even want an apology." She stated.

Yukimura didn’t stop, fist dripping with blood as he struck him again and again. If he wasn’t going to apologize, then he was going to die. He wasn’t going to let anyone hurt Akihime, not physically, and not with words.

Akihime watched as Yukimura beat the ghoul to death, his hand reaching out weakly before dropping still. She looked around, glad no one had bothered to investigate the ruckus, before looking to Yukimura, "We should go before someone spots us.." She said gently.

Yukimura was breathing heavily, fist bloody and face splattered with specks of it. He sat on the man’s body a moment longer before standing and nodding, turning to move back to Akihime’s side.

"I guess I can go out later to find food..." She said softly, reaching to try and wipe some of the blood from his face, "Let's get you home and cleaned up..."

He nodded. “Yeah..” He said breathlessly, wiping at his face with the back of his hand, heart still beating hard in his chest.

She walked the backroads with him, holding his hand gently, "You don't really think so highly of me, do you?" She asked, "You just...said those things cuz you were upset.."

Yukimura walked with her, silent for a moment before answering. “It isn’t about whether or not I think highly of you.. You’re still a woman, deserving or respect..” He didn’t think bad of Akihime, not entirely, he still loved her, that much was true, and he wouldn’t stand for anyone speaking ill of her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom