Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

She fought tears and nodded, petting his hand gently before taking the cup from him. "I'll be right back, ok? We'll figure this out together.."

Yukimura seemed to be handling himself fine enough physically, but he had never once tried to bring out his Kagune. It would probably be some time before he even attempted such a thing, which was fair enough, but rumors of a ghoul gorging in her turf and others was a bit alarming.

She wondered who would dare be so bold, traipsing about her territory, before a cold chill ran down her spine. Only one person would dare, and she feared she would be right.

The last she had heard was she had gone running off in a mad craze, only to never hear from or of her again. Surely she wasn’t still out there in a crazed state, was she?

"God..." She muttered, spacing out for a moment as the fear gripped her mind, before she shook free of it. She would protect Yukimura if they ran into Megohime, even if she lost her life doing so. She had to feed him though, teach him to hunt regardless.

Yukimura seemed to slowly be adjusting to life as a ghoul, trying to dive into the life even though Akihime could see it weighed on him. “What’s the matter..?” He asked, looking to her. He was still missing his prosthetic, yet to have it replaced.

He studied her face for a moment, not fully believing what she told him, but he nodded and accepted it. If there was something she didn’t want to share, who was he to pry?

Yukimura felt his body go cold at the word, as though he still wasn’t going to be devouring human flesh. For some odd reason, even though he was mostly sustaining himself on blood and coffee, he wasn’t ever hungry.

She headed off, not really seeing if he followed her or not, trusting him that he would.
"I know you probably don't like the idea, but it must be done...and this way, we aren't taking the life of someone innocent... remember, the elderly or sick are mercies..." How odd, at what point had she changed to such a pitiful ghoul? Mercy killings? Yoshitsugu would have been disgusted by her. But, she supposed, being with Yukimura for so long, and wanting to protect Mitsunari over the years, she had become so pathetic.

Yukimura did follow, only walking a few paces behind Akihime, listening to her as she talked, but unable to form a proper opinion on the matter. It was mind boggling, why was she being selective about her food? Would she want healthy food over sick or old food? It made no sense to him, everything he was taught was going against this image of a typical ghoul, so why was she doing it. “Can’t we wait for them to die?”

"Ah, yeah...I suppose we could...but that takes time..." She replied, "What if we go feral before then? Innocents would be lost, we would become high risk... variables too large to entertain.." She glanced back with a sad smile, "Plus, they would recognize me at the hospital, and rat me out..."

“What about…” He felt awful even proposing it. “The homeless that die, or those who end their lives?”

"We can take them, as well.." She said gently, "I'm sad to admit that the less fortunate are always the most willing...and I'm grateful that no one has thrown themselves at my feet yet...suicide chatrooms make me sad, so I tend to avoid them to find food..."

Yukimura hadn’t even considered such a thing before, a heavy feeling coming over him at the thought. A strange smell caught his nose, something he couldn’t place was it was, despite smelling familiar.
Akihime recognized the smell quite well- other ghouls, multiple and approaching her and Yukimura fast.

Yukimura felt the hair on the back of his neck stand on end. If Akihime was nervous, should he be? Was it the CCG? Other ghouls. “What is it?”
Before Akihime could answer, a man, no a ghoul ran by the two, looking absolutely terrified. He didn’t even glance at Akihime and Yukimura as he scrambled by, as if trying to flee from someone or something.

"He went this way!"
"C'mon, Mego, he's getting away!"
"M-Move, Yukimura..." Akihime grabbed Yukimura's arm and pulled him to the side, as if hoping it would be enough to hide them.

Rapid footsteps could be here coming down the alleyway, and before either of them could do much more than step aside, three people rounded the corner. Two Akihime didn’t recognize, and one she did.
Megohime stopped them abruptly, a scowl crossing her face as she saw Akihime with another ghoul, letting whoever they were chasing go. “Looks like we went too far.” Megohime said tensely.
Yukimura didn’t know any of the three who stopped before him, but he could guess that they were other ghouls, and not friendly ones at that.

"D-Daijoubu! I won't pick a fight! I..." Akihime smiled anxiously, "It's good to see you, Megohime...you've regained some strength, I see...!"
"Shit, didn't realize where we were. Gomen, Megohime."
"We should go before she goes psycho and devours us."
Akihime felt shame, she had grasped a good bit of control of her kakuja since her incident with Yukimura. Not that they knew that, just that she was a greedy and violent eater.

Megohime looked just as uncomfortable as Akihime, shooting a piercing glance to the ghoul that made the jab at Akihime. “We were just leaving, didn’t realize we had chased that scavenger so far- sorry.” She brushed off the comment Akihime made.
Yukimura stepped forward with a soft scowl on his face. “Ghouls rarely cannibalizing others, and Akihime wouldn’t do something like that.” The words came out of his mouth before he even thought about it. Of course Akihime had been cannibalizing, how else would she have grown such a strong Kakuja otherwise?

Akihime blushed and glanced at him.
"Buddy, you must be new."
"Shut up. You don't wanna make Megohime mad."
"Hime says leave, we leave."
"Daijoubu, daijoubu. No harm, no foul." Akihime assured, waving her hands gently, "I'll deal with the ruffian later, thank you for respecting the boundry."

Back
Top Bottom