Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

They were carrying the boxes in when one of the boys stopped at a remarkably large one. He scratched his head and made a noise.
"Katakura-sama, how much uh...food...was ordered?"
"Haa?" Kojurou moved into the truck to look, brows furrowed, "The normal amount, I assumed."
"It's just," the ghoul paused, "this box is abnormally big. And it smells...off."

Had they prepared the package wrong and the meat went bad? Usually the food for the ghouls that was sent was well packaged and stored to insure nothing went bad during shipment.

Kojurou moved closer before holding out his hand, "Get me the crowbar."
"Hai!" He hurried off before coming back, handing Kojurou the tool. He took it and jammed it under the lid, rocking it up and down before the lid popped open.

When the top popped open the foul stench of a corpse hit them all, and inside were several shapes wrapped in newspapers. The smell alone was enough to confirm a body, but whose? No one had recently gone missing at the estate, so whose body was it and why?

Inside the newspaper he found a severed forearm, and although the body smelled foul and was clearly starting to decay, it was still at least discernible as a human corpse.

Although it wasn’t strange for there to be human remains shipped to the house for the ghouls, something seemed off about the way the flesh had been packaged. The pieces were cut almost surgically, and something was eerily familiar to Kojurou about the arm. Something called to him, not letting him take his eyes off the arm- the hand seemed almost familiar.
Something beckoned him to dig more.

He didn't like how unnerved he was by the familiarity, "Get this in and to the cooler. I'll look into it after we get everything put away."
"Hai."

There were no other unpleasant surprises for them to find, only their usual shipment- so why and who had put such a thing into the shipment?

Kojurou moved to the cooler where the large crate was placed, zipping up his jacket to keep warm while he was in there. His heart was pounding and he had no idea why, but he opened the crate and went to work carefully unwrapping everything.

Each piece that came out was just like the rest- cut with surgical precision, and soon it was clear that it was one entire body cut up into many pieces.

The more he took out and unwrapped, the more he built back the human body that had been inside. It was an adult woman, that much he could figure out, but he had yet to find the head. The organs had all been removed and neatly stored inside bags, which he was grateful for, but that didn’t hinder the smell much. Soon he had pieces together almost an entire body, all except for the head and one arm, but there was only one piece left in the box, and it didn’t look like a head.

How morbid. Was it a message to Masamune? Did someone find out about the ghouls in the gang? He reached for the last piece and figured it was the other arm by the shape of it.

His heart about stopped when he unwrapped the arm- a prosthetic, attached to part of an arm. It was familiar as well, no, not just familiar, he knew exactly who had such a prosthesis.
Jin.

His eyes widened and he dropped it quickly, scrambling backward in horror.
"Katakura-sama?" Some of the boys peeked in on him, hearing the ruckus, "What's up?"
"You ok, boss?" Kojurou couldn't look away from it. This body...it was Jin's. Did that mean...? His vision blurred as his eyes filled with tears.
"Get Masamune-sama..." One of the boys whispered and the others hurried off

He couldn’t take his eyes off the body, couldn’t look away from how the woman he loved had been butchered and wrapped up like meat to sell at a butchers. Everything was there of her except for her head, missing from the neck up. So she really hadn’t left on assignment again, this time, she really had disappeared.

"J-Jin...I-I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." He muttered.
"What's going on?" Masamune came in and stopped, seeing Kojurou on the ground and the bidy of a woman jigsawed together, "What the fuck?"
"It...It's her... Masamune-sama..." Kojurou choked out.

The body on the floor was in about a dozen pieces, everything there except the head and neck. This body had been Investigator Kawabe? Sure it had the missing arm and prosthetic, but how was Kojurou so sure?

"How do you know it's her?" Masamune folded his arms over his chest.
"Just look at it... everything about the pieces...I know it's her..." Kojurou muttered.

Kojurou could feel in his heart it was her- he knew her body, he had seen every inch of it. There was only one real way to tell for sure it was her. They’d need to take samples and test her DNA, it wouldn’t be impossible for Masamune to have such a thing sent to a private lab to confirm it.

"Masamune-sama..."
"No," Masamune huffed, "whatever it is, I'm not doing it."
"Please, Masamune-sama, I have to be sure it's her!" Kojurou turned and bowed deeply, "Please, I'm begging you!"

Jin laid on the floor in the small room Mitsuhide had locked her in, body having fully healed finally after he had hacked her to pieces again and again. Her eyes remained the same dull dead color they had been, staring blankly at nothing.

Mitsuhide had been beside himself. Nothing he did revived the spark she had. And what was worse, he was getting less funding than he was supposed to be getting. Did they know? Had they found out what he had been doing?

Back
Top Bottom