Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

He hummed, closing and opening his fingers one by one; each digit took some time to respond to the function demanded of it. "Some motor function is lacking, some things are harder to do...my gun feels heavier in this hand than the other...but Kojurou says that with physical therapy, it'll return.."

Megohime wanted to ask him to do the same to her, to gouge the flesh from her shoulder in the same way she had done to him, but she didn’t dare request that of him. She knew he wouldn’t, and that he would scold her for even thinking of such a thing, but how could she not? How could the guilt not threaten to drown her?

She glanced up at his words, and for a brief moment her gaze connected with his, but was quickly broken when she looked away. “What am I supposed to think? You won’t heal like I do..”

That was true he wasn’t dead, but he nearly had been- that would be something she’d never forget, the look on his face as he was dying.

“Spar?” Megohime was a little taken off guard, looking up in surprise. “Are you even alright to do that?”

“You don’t think it’s too early? What if you re-injure your arm?” She asked, clearly fretting over him.

Megohime gave him a concerned look, like she was still unsure if she should agree to his request or not.

"Just fists...is that easier? The boys will be watching so nothing gets out of hand...and you don't have to go full force. I won't." He said.

Megohime felt a little embarrassed, face turning red. “It’s not me that I’m worried about..” She muttered, but felt she had no other choice. How could she really refuse Masamune’s request. “Yeah, that’s fine..”

Megohime wanted to argue, wanted to make sure he was taking care of himself physically after such and accident, but she didn’t have the heart to tell him no. How could she tell him no when she owed it to him?

They walked down the hall into a big room where some of the boys were spectating a couple of the others training. They looked over and made a noise.
"Everything ok, hitto?"
"Yeah, we're gonna borrow the room." Masamune answered.

Megohime took her slippers off at the door, a bit embarrassed and hesitant to fight Masamune, but she’d still do it if it was what he wanted.

Megohime felt her gut twist into knots, surely this wouldn’t end well, but she still couldn’t say no. After taking a quick moment to tie up her hair, she nodded and moved forward to attack.

Megohime kept it easy to start, throwing a few punches, but mostly just keeping pressure on him to control his movements, worried he’d take things too far before he was ready.

Back
Top Bottom