Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Jin couldn’t move a muscle, and she was hardly awake, only able to hear what was going on around her as she was loaded into an ambulance.

When sje woke back up, she was in a hospital, wrists bound but not tightly. It was midday, or that's what it seemed like through the blinds. How long was she sleeping for?

She stared up at the ceiling, then turned her head to look around, looking at the IV’s in her arms, the leather cuffs around her wrists. The helm was off her head, and she was in a hospital gown, cleaned up the best she could have been.

Her eyes moved slowly to the door and she stared blankly, not even opening her mouth to respond, copper eyes dead looking.

The door opened slowly and a nurse stepped in with a warm smile. "It's good to see you're awake! How are you feeling today? You've been out for a while, we had to flush a lot of the tranquilizers out of your system.."

She didn’t respond, only laid where she was, face slack and dead eyes watching the nurse like she was prey.

The nurse had been informed that Jin wasn’t quite stable, but even then, it was eerie how dead she looked, covered in cuts and bruises, skin pale as a corpse, and her eyes hollow.

What was she to do now? Where had she been taken? Where was Susuma? She stared blankly, the last order she had been given being to kill, but what now?

She did nothing with the food, both due to the lack of orders from Susuma, and that she still was restrained.

The door opened after a moment and a rather large man stepped in.
"Kawabe-dono? I- oh." He noticed the food in front of her and her retrained hands and frowned softly before taking the tray away, "My name is Takeda Shingen, I'm with the CCG...how are you feeling today?"

She watched his hands as he reached out and took the food, looking up at his face when he spoke, the same blank expression on her face. She was underweight, but food could wait for the moment, or at least until it was clear she wouldn’t lash out violently again.

"We found the remains of your home...and your father...I offer my deepest condolences on behalf of the CCG..." He told her with a gentle bow.

Father? Home? What were those?
“Where is Susuma.”
It was a quiet demand, voice holding an edge, but her face still frozen like a dolls.

He saw expression flicker in her eyes for the first time since she was taken in, a burning rage; lurching up to test the leather straps around her wrists, she stared with wide unblinking eyes at Shingen, eyes of a broken and twisted child. “I’ll kill you.” She said coldly, voice holding a hint of a quiver.

He could see how twisted Susuma had made this girls mind, how he had broken her down and rebuilt her in such an unsteady state. “I loved him. He saved me, gave me a home.” She said, not once breaking eye contact.

She wouldn’t listen, wouldn’t have any of it, he was a liar, just like the rest; Susuma had told her so. “Kill me. I’ll follow him. I want to follow him.” She said lowly.

Back
Top Bottom