Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime’s cold red eyes looked over Akihime, a look of displeasure on her face. “Find somewhere to sit, and don’t get your germs on anything.” She said, flipping her hair over her shoulder as she passed Akihime, going to find Shuu.

Akihime's expression faltered into a frown again and she reached into her jacket pocket for her hand sanitizer, rubbing her hands with a small dots before hurrying after Megohime. Shuu was already sitting in wait, one leg crossed over the other.
"My, what a lovely shadow you have now, mon cher~" He teased.

“I wouldn’t be here if my father hadn’t forced me to be, but if you find it lovely you’re welcome to play with it.” She muttered bitterly, sitting in another chair within the lounge, one not too far from Shuu. “I should be practicing, but I suppose keeping up appearances is a far better use of my time.” She sneered.

Akihime stood awkwardly, cheeks turning red. "U-Um..."
"Oh, come! Sit! We don't bite, dear~" Shuu beckoned, "Not hard anyway~" Akihime hesitated before moving to sit nearest to Megohime.
"Do you have a name~?"
"A...Akihime desu..." Akihime muttered shyly.
"How lovely~ Tsukiyama Shuu~ enchanté~"
"On...onshon..." Akihime looked confused and he chuckled.
"Enchanted, darling."

Megohime rested her chin on her knuckles, staring blankly out one of the windows. “I didn’t truly mean it when I said to play with her, people might get the wrong idea, Shuu.” She said flatly.

Shuu chuckled and Akihime looked a little upset.
"Um...Megohime-dono...my father says you play the shamisen...I think that's really lovely, taking up an interest like old traditions." She said, trying to start a conversation, maybe spark something in common with Megohine.

She scowled more- why was she still trying to talk to her? Couldn’t she just sit there and be quiet? Her red eyes passed over Akihime once more, briefly, before looking away once again, saying nothing to her.

“I’m not here to baby sit, and I’m certainly not going to entertain anyone, if she’s bored, she should’ve brought her phone.” She muttered, rolling her eyes.

"No one is asking you to babysit me." Akihime said, trying to fight her tears, "I didn't bring my phone because I wanted to be respectful and I wanted to be your friend. You are being needlessly rude and stuck up."

“Do you really think you’d just go somewhere and make friends?” She scoffed. “This isn’t a high school drama.”

Megohime only rolled her eyes again, crossing her legs and adjusting how she sat in her chair. Hopefully her father spoke quickly, only wishing for the meeting to end so she could go back to her room. She drummed her fingers on the arm of the chair, mind drifting back to the yakuza boy who smelled of cigarette smoke and sex, the same irritating itch creeping up her neck.

It felt like years before Yoshitsugu came in to collect Akihime.
"Come, girl, we're going home. It was a fruitless venture." He stated, sounding annoyed. Shuu tried to fight his smirk and snicker as Akihime stood to leave with her father.
"Too bad, so sad~ better luck next time~ the Tamura's are not known for tolerating encroachers~" He said. Akihime looked confused.
"Encroachers?"
"Oh, your poor father over here has been trying to dip his fingers into a business the Tamura's have full stake in. And he wanted to partner up to make more money selling humans as food~ good thing they were polite enough to let him leave, they usually kill people who try to rob them~" Shuu explained. Yoshitsugu scowled and grabbed Akihime roughly, pushing her to leave as Shuu chuckled mockingly.

Megohime sighed softly, standing up looking to Shuu. “I don’t think I need to stay here and entertain you, I’m leaving to go to the practice hall.”

Sleeping had become harder and harder for Nana, night terrors and insomnia taking most of her rest, even weeks after her attack. With her arm now in a cast, she had some time off of school, recommended by her doctor so she could recover her mental state.
Most corner stores were closed by the time she left her house, and it was passed curfew, but there was a few vending machines nearby, and she figured some fresh air and some juice would help her clear her head. Setting out in a hoodie and her night shorts, she headed for the nearest vending machine, mind wandering the whole time.

That's when someone shoved passed her, tripping as he ran crying for his life. He pushed himself up and started off again, turning around the corner to escape. A soft gust of wind moved passed Nana and a shadow followed the man quickly before there was a scream and then silence.

Nana was startled by the entire thing, heart racing and her own experience of being chased flashing through her mind. She gripped her arm tightly, standing in the light of the vending machine, staring at the corner the man disappeared behind. Was he a ghoul? Why was he running? She looked around, but saw no one else on the street. She swallowed hard, turning to look back at the corner, terror making her feel numb. She moved anyway, walking slowly and quietly to the streetlight on the corner, listening, holding her breath.

She could hear the tearing of meat from bone and the crunch of cartilage. Oh God, it was a ghoul, and it was eating that man that had run passed.

She stood there frozen to the spot, not moving an inch, not even breathing. What would she do? What should she do? What if she couldn't be quiet enough trying to get away? Calling for help was no use, they'd hear her for sure. She took a careful step back, heart pounding in her chest.

The ghoul heard the near inaudible tap of her shoe and whirled around quickly to lunge at her. Before the massive hand wrapped around her mouth, it stopped frozen. In the dim lighting of the streetlight she recognized this ghoul very easily. It was Motochika.

His massive hand was inches from her face, which was twisted with shock and horror, pale as a sheet. She staggered back a step, then fell flat onto her rear. How could Motochika not have noticed before? The scent of a second human, and Nana’s at that. She said nothing, didn’t scream, didn’t call him a monster, or try to run away in fear, only sat staring up at him with wide eyes.

"N...Nana..." His body felt cold and numb, what could he do? He couldn't kill her or hurt her or do anything. "I...I can explain..."

She was frozen to where she was, sitting in the cold ground, her casted arm out in front of her still in a sling. She stared up at Motochika with wide eyes, staring at the blood around his mouth, looking at his kakugan and the veins around his eyes. He was a ghoul? She didn’t understand, nothing before had ever hinted that he was one, yet here he was.
Motochika suddenly became overly aware of himself; the warm blood still smeared around his mouth, dripping down his chin, how blood and flesh were caked under his fingernails, staining his hands, and most of all, he became overly aware of the fear in Nana’s eyes.

Back
Top Bottom