Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Masamune fired two more rounds straight into her kagune, hoping to give Kojurou enough time to take her out. But before Kojurou could get his quinque free to take her head, a blue kokaku rammed hard into Kojurou and sent him flying back.
"Tsk tsk, mon cher. You were playing too rough with your food~" Shuu tutted at Megohime, eyes glowing playfully behind his mask, "Shame on you, you're now a mess and I have to take you home~"

Megohime stumbled back and fell to one knee, shooting an angry glare back at Shuu. She was breathing hard, clearly rather angry now. “I’m fine..!” She hissed, though it was rather clear she needed help.

"Stand up then." He said, watching her with his hand on his hip.
"You!" Kojurou yelled and Shuu looked back at him with a soft frown, "You're coming with me. Both of you."
"Mm. No, I don't believe we are. Give her just a moment and I'll take her home." Shuu said.

It was embarrassing, pathetic, she hated herself for it. Megohime had to use the wall to stand, legs shaking with effort, how could she have gotten so in over her head? “I don’t want to hear about it.” She hissed out.

"Oh, you'll hear about it, mon cher." Shuu said and grabbed her easily before darting off faster than Masamune could register.
"Matte!!" Kojurou yelled but didn't give chase, instead going to help Masamune.

Megohime had torn her mask off by the time Shuu had stopped running, trying to yank away from him. “Don’t be so fuckin’ rough..!” She hissed, her kakugan and Kagune gone.

He pulled his oen mask away and exhaled, "If you weren't such an infant, playing with your food, I wouldn't need to be so rough to get you away from your own mess."

“I’m not an infant.” She said lowly, looking over her tattered clothes and wounded body. “And I especially don’t want to hear it from the man who plays human with his food.”

“Fine, but I don’t want my food prepared like any of your human dishes. I’ll take it raw.” She said, moving to follow Shuu, limping heavily.

"Trés bon, my dear~" He said as he took her home.

"Hitto!!" Everyone crowded around Masamune when Kojurou brought him back, "What happened?!"
"Was it a ghoul?!"
"Yes, but I dealt with it." Kojurou told them.

Megohime had to eat quite a bit of flesh to heal from her wounds- having always been a slow healer, she was also bed ridden for a full day. Her mood was as sour as always, except for when she was at school, the only time she was nice.

"Yoshi," her father came up to her once she returned from school, he never really used her real name unless it was important, "We're having guests come over tomorrow and I want you to be on your best behavior. No snide remarks or rude manners, understood?"

She hated that name, her father knew she hated that name, and yet he refused to call her by her true name. “Megohime.” She muttered under her breath, keeping her eyes averted from her father. “Why do I have to be here? I’ll just go practice at the concert hall.”

Megohime scowled and gripped the handle on her Shamisen case, feeling the prickle on anger on the back of her neck. “Fine.” She forced out.

Megohime went to her room, changing out of her school clothes and into something more comfortable to play her Shamisen in. For the last few days, all she could think about was that Yakuza kid- he pissed her off, keeping a dove and ghouls on a leash, what was with that? Didn’t that go against everything the CCG stood against? It pissed her off, just thinking about the eyepatch kid alone made her kakugan come out.
She sat to practice her Shamisen, too angry to do anything else.

The next day crept up on her faster than she realized. She was pretty steamed about that kid.
"Megohime?" It was her mother, "Please start getting ready, our guests will be here soon." She requested politely through the door.

Her hand paused over the strings of her Shamisen, making a sour face before standing. “Alright, alright.” She sighed, putting her instrument away before getting dressed in something a bit nicer. Shuu was there, she could smell him, of course, but hopefully things would go by quickly.

Megohime scowled and left the safety of her room, heading out to where the guests would be, still itching to go after the kid with the eyepatch.

There was an older man who was leaning on a cane and a girl a little younger looking than she was hiding behind him.
"Y- Megohime. This is Otani Yoshitsugu and his daughter, Akihime." Kiyoaki introduced. Yoshitsugu bowed his head to Megohime and Akihime smiled shyly before waving.

Megohime moved to stand beside her father, bowing to Yoshitsugu and Akihime. She straightened up, a cold expression on her face, keeping her hands clasped in front of her. She barely glanced over Akihime, a faint scowl on her face.

Akihime frowned softly and Kiyoaki nudged Megohime, as if to remind her to behave.
"Please, follow us. We will discuss matters in the lounge." Kiyoaki told Yoshitsugu.
"Of course." Yoshitsugu nodded and followed him. Akihime moved to Megohime, smiling hopefully.
"O-Ohayo.."

Back
Top Bottom