Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

His whole body felt numb and cold with shame, and without another word he darted off into the darkness. He would never get that out of hia head for as long as he lived, the fear in her eyes hurt him more than any kagune or quinque ever would.

Nana was stuck in place for a while, unable to move or speak for some time, but eventually, she pushed herself back to her feet. She returned home without her juice, her entire body feeling numb as she sat in the dark at her kitchen table. Had that really been Motochika?
He was a ghoul.
It was all she could think about, mind racing faster than her heart. He had almost killed her, but he didn’t, not once he saw her face. The scene played out over and over in her head, emotions running wild; he looked so heart broken, so completely ashamed, and Nana was scared, but why? Even with the knowledge of him being a ghoul... she felt that it wasn’t him she feared, in fact, even after much time of self reflection, she felt nothing had changed with how she felt about Motochika, so why was she scared?

It was hard to really judge what had scared her so much? Was it the trauma from her kidnapping? Was it just her flight or fight reflex when Motochika lunged? She didn't really know. She couldn't put her finger on it.
When she went to school the next day, Motochika was waiting for her. He had flowers and her favorite candies and he looked nauseous and scared.

Nana looked exhausted, like she hadn’t slept at all, and when she saw him, she stopped with wide eyes. For a moment he feared she’d scream and reveal him for what he was, but her expression seemed to change to one of hurt, almost anger. She moved to him quickly, grabbing his wrist and dragging him away from the other students before turning to face him, tears in her red eyes. Had she been crying? Her eyes were red and puffy, and even her make up was a bit smudged. “Why didn’t you tell me..?” She spoke quietly, her tone wasn’t hostile or harsh, more worried and upset.

She shook her head. “No..! I would never say such things..! Motochika, to be truthful... I still don’t know truly how I feel finding out about this... But my feelings haven’t changed..!”

"Please don't leave me, Nana..." He muttered, "I've never felt this way about anyone before.." What a bone head. He didn't understand what she was telling him.

She still had a hold of his uniform sleeve, and he felt her tug it a bit. “I never said I was leaving you... Motochika, I’m worried about you... Is that how you found me when I was taken? You were the one to kill those ghouls..? What if you get hurt... or worse? What if you get caught...? I don’t care that you’re a ghoul... I care that I might lose you..!”

He felt her move closer, and she held him tightly around his waist. “I’m not prefect... But I want to stay with you, just promise you’ll be more careful..?”

How long had it been since Jin’s life had been thrown into chaos and suffering? How many nights had gone by since she had stopped crying herself to sleep? She wasn’t sure of much anymore, mind muddled and her head locked away in a crude metal helm, blocking most of her hearing and sight. She had spent countless hours fighting for her life, sometimes with ghouls, sometimes against other humans, but it didn’t matter to her. She killed who she was told to, and with no hesitation.

Susuma was so proud of her, proud of all the progress she had made. He couldn't be happier with how well she had molded into his perfect killing machine.

She listened to every word he spoke to her, obeyed every command, and all without a word. She hadn’t spoken in months, barely even making noises of pain when hurt, she just preformed. It was perfect, she was perfect.

Nothing could take this from him. Absolutely no one. Except for the doves that forced their way through the room. Susuma's eyes widened slowly.
"Wh...What...?"

Jin still stood in the ring, splattered with blood and littered with bodies. She stood over a slain ghoul, an old Quinque in hand, remaining unmoving even as chaos erupted around them.

"Kawabe Jin. We are here to bring you back. We've been searching for you for a long time."
"No!!" Susuma rushed out with his followers, kakugan burning angry, "You won't take her from me!!"

She didn’t move, didn’t even flinch at her full name, only slowly looking up to see what new opponent had entered the ring.

She didn’t even need to look at Susuma to acknowledge the order, moving forward with near the speed of a ghoul, striking out at the nearest CCG agent, taking the Doves head off easily.

"Don't kill her! Do what you can to subdue her!" The senior investigator ordered and the other doves engaged Jin and the other ghouls.

Jin moved to her next opponent, but this one was ready for her, blocking her strike with some effort. She didn’t see Doves, didn’t see people there to help her, only another obstacle in her way.

She was quite the difficult opponent to say the least, she was almost too fast for them to keep their eyes on. They had anticipated the ghouls brainwashing her in some way, so one of the junior investigators took aim with a tranquilizer gun and shot her with a good dose of a tranq.

Each shot hit their mark, and soon she was barely able to keep herself on her feet, stumbling and staggering before falling to the ground unmoving, still gripping her Quinque tightly.

Back
Top Bottom