Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Was this how he was to die? At the hands of ghouls in a foreign land? A massive ghoul loomed over him, mouth dripping with blood and eyes glazed over, monstrous Kagune raised over head to smash down on top of Matsunaga. Suddenly, something slammed into the head of the ghoul, sending him flying- it was a quinque, impaling the ghoul through the head and killing him with little trouble.
A figure staggered into Matsunaga’s view, Jin, covered in blood and missing an arm below the elbow. Her eyes were rolled back, face slack- unconscious on her feet, and still fighting.

She took a staggered step forward, blood spilling from the severed stump. She was battered and injured herself, but something was still driving her forward.
She only stayed for a brief moment before rushing forward once again, grabbing her quinque from head of the dead ghoul and yanking it free as she ran passed.

Jin seemed to be on a rampage once again, but upon watching her longer, it was clear she was aware of her surroundings. Her kills weren’t indiscriminate in nature, only targeting ghouls attacking investigators, taking each and every one down efficiently and mercilessly.

Even when Jin took a hit or two, she didn’t falter, didn’t slow for even a moment; she was like a well oiled machine, meant only for one thing- killing. Several times she disarmed herself, throwing her sword like a spear to stop ghouls out of her reach, and each time she would retrieve it and move on to the next ghoul. She was constantly searching out that next ghoul, even when she started sustaining more injuries; but the tides were turning, and slowly, they were starting to win.

It wasn’t until the remaining ghouls where in a full retreat did Jin slow down, weapon broken and body battered. With no more enemies to face, she staggered to a stop, remaining on her feet as the last bit of effort escaped her. Her body couldn’t move anymore, and she collapsed to the floor with a heavy thud.

"Kawabe-sousakan!" Some of the youngers that managed to survive ran to her to check her out, wrapping her stub to stop as much bleeding as possible as they yelled for her to get help. Matsunaga could not wrap his head around what had happened. Perhaps she had a flashback? Maybe her mind was gone forever and she was no more than a weapon? Who was to say.

They would only know once she was to wake, what state of mind she would be in- be it consumed by her past, or no more than a beast that had gone on a rampage.

Like Jin, many of the other investigators were is sorry shape, but with quick action on the other team members part, many would make it to the hospital in time for medical treatment.
Jin was unconscious for three days, but when she woke, she only seemed groggy from the medication she was on, but otherwise sane.

Jin looked up and made a soft noise. “Other than my body being sore, I think I’m alright.” She said with a small nod.

Jin lifted her arm, examining the severed limb with a small frown on her face. “No, I’m sorry, I don’t recall much after being injured.” In truth, some memories came through, but they were hazy, like she had only witnessed it as a bystander.

She gave a nod as she continued to examine her, "Have you beem on any medication lately? Your file from the CCG says that you do take some for hallucinations and PTSD, but have you been on them recently, before your assignment?"

“Yes I’ve been taking my medication as normally prescribed.” She answered, letting her arm rest in her lap.

Jin flexed the muscles in her arm, feeling as though she were making a fist, only her hand wasn’t there. “There isn’t much pain, and nothing seems to be wrong.” She reported.

“I’m alright, I’ll call for a nurse if I require anything.” She said, bowing her head. “Thank you for seeing to my health.”

There wasn’t much Jin could do now but rest, and even after she had recovered, she would need to be fitted with a prosthetic arm- would they take her out of duty? Hopefully there would be nothing holding her back but time.

Back
Top Bottom