Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Jin nodded and with the help of Kojurou, brought her bags inside. The apartment was clean, with only basic furnishing, but none of it seemed personalized; no photos, no cards, nothing. “Luckily I planned for my return and ordered food to be brought to my home- getting used to jet-lag has always been difficult, and shopping for groceries is the last thing I want to do when I come home.” She said with a slight sheepish grin. “It’s a bit expensive, but the service is worth it.” After setting her bags aside, she moved to the kitchen. “Please make yourself at home.” She said, opening the fridge to show him where the food was before moving to get some pots and pans.

Jin felt a bit of embarrassment that she couldn’t bring out both the pots and pans, but once she received her prosthetic, she wouldn’t have that issue. “Thank you.”

Jin thought for a moment. “Hm, how about your favorite dish? I’m curious to see what kind of food you favor.”

"Masamune teases me, calls me an old man, but I prefer simple seared and salted fish with rice. It's easy and never takes long to make." He replied.

Jin smiled softly. “That sounds just fine to me.” She agreed. “I should have the ingredients in the fridge.”

“I don’t know if I have any sake around..” Jin mused for a moment. “But I might have some traditional vodka that I brought back during one of my trips to Russia..” She moved to a pantry to look through it.

Jin chuckled softly and pulled out a glass bottle of clear liquid. “Well it certainly gets the job done, but it isn’t known for its taste.”

Jin moved to the cupboard to get two glasses, setting them down to pour the drinks, but finding she couldn’t open the bottle on her own. “Ah, I’m sorry, it seems I might need your help here too.”

“Please don’t apologize, I’ll just be down a hand while I wait for my prosthetic to come in.” She said, finding it a bit frustrating to rely so heavily on someone else.

"Well...if you need help until then, I'd be happy to lemd you my spare hand." He gave a smile, hoping the light joke would receive well.

Jin laughed softly, taking her glass and raising it a bit toward Kojurou. “I’ll be sure to put it to good use.”

Jin clinked her glass against his before taking a swig, never enjoying the taste of vodka much, but like she had said, it got her drunk when she occasionally wanted so.

“Yeah, it really does..!” Jin couldn’t help but laugh, the comparison too close to not be funny. “I’d like to say it gets better the more you drink, but it really doesn’t.”

“It has been sitting for a while, I don’t usually partake, but tonight seems like a good night to do so.” She nodded in agreement before downing the rest of hers with a small grimace.

Jin sat at the table in the kitchen with her cup of vodka, taking small sips every now and again as she watched him cook. It was a nice moment of peace, the two enjoying each other’s company as he cooked a nice meal and they enjoyed drinks, even if the taste wasn’t great.

Back
Top Bottom