Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime turned her head away so she didn’t have to see the blood, covering her mouth and nose. “I’m not feeding from you! Not again, not ever!” She protested. “You don’t even know if it’ll work..!”

Megohime felt saliva dripping from her mouth, shaking from the effort it took to not lose control. “Stop it- no! I’m not doing this! Not after I just got you back!” Her voice cracked, and he could tell it was tearing her up inside.

"And I'm not losing you after I just got back. This isn't sone bullshit "you or me" thing, Mego. It's both of us or neither of us." He told her.

She felt tears leaking down her face, his words making her heart ache- he didn’t hate her, didn’t want her gone after all the trouble she caused him? “Please.. don’t say something like that.. you’re supposed to tell me how mad at me you are, how much I messed up..!”

“I almost killed you! I killed your guys!” Megohime could hear each blood drop hit the floor, the smell overwhelming.

"Almost. But I'm fine now. It'll take a lot more than that to get me out of the game." He said before he moved closer, "Stop fucking around already, this hurts like a bitch."

He didn’t have to prompt her anymore, she was at her limit with how much she could hold herself back. The moment he stepped forward and was within reach, Megohime sprung forward and grabbed ahold of his arm. She latched on hard at first, teeth digging into the wound as she sucked at the blood coming from his arm. Almost immediately she lessened the pressure of the wound, forcing herself to not bite into the wound as she cried silently.

Megohime had to force herself to slowly release her tight grip on his arm, drinking his blood slowly. It tasted so good she didn’t want to stop, the first food in so long that she was able to stomach- she was reprieved and disgusted, but ate quietly. She cried quietly, guilt twisting her guts, but not making her ill; how twisted it was that his blood didn’t make her sick. After a moment, she let go and pulled away from his arm, wiping her tears away with the back of her sleeve.

That was all she had to hear, nodding and moving to hug him tight, listening to his heartbeat. “I’m so sorry..!” She whispered. “I’m so sorry!”

The year had been progressing nicely, Yukimura and Akihime growing closer the more time they spent together. Yukimura was kept busy as an academy instructor, but always found time for Akihime.

She couldn't be happier than she was eith Yukimura. She didn't enjoy juggling her human life and her ghoul life, but she did her best. She didn't like hiding who she was from Yukimura, but she didn't know what he would do if he found out. So she did her best every day, even when her kakuja tried acting up.

Of course it would only be natural that Yukimura disliked ghouls at the very least, he was an investigator, and one had taken his arm. No, Akihime had to keep her secret, had to continue her facade no matter how much strain it put on her.

She was zoning out particularly hard during one of their dates, bately having touched the food she had ordered; even her coffee had grown cold.

Yukimura frowned, setting down his half-eaten sandwich and placing his hand over hers. “Akihime?” He called again, trying to get her attention.

He gave a nod, looking at her with concern. “Is everything alright? You’ve seemed so out of sorts lately, are you falling ill?”

He made a soft noise, not looking like he fully bought it. “Still, stress can be poor for your health, make sure you’re taking care of yourself.”

Yukimura gave her a soft smile, but it was still a beaming one. “Of course- if there’s anything I can do to help aleviate some of your stress, please let me know.”

Back
Top Bottom