Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

What would he do when he came home? Would hate her? Would he kick her out? There was no telling what he would do. Did he still even love her?

Megohime tried not the think about any of it, emerging herself further into her work. The days would blur together, going back and forth between working and drinking, mostly staying in Masamune’s room when she wasn’t needed.

Kojurou was coming home, he called the estate to tell everyone, and the boys had been cleaning everything top to bottom to make sure it was presentable for him. When he pulled into the driveway and stepped out of the car, everyone bowed deeply to him.
"Welcome home, Katakura!!" They greeted in unison. Kojurou looked at everyone with a soft smile.
"Thank you...it's good to be home."

Everything seemed to be well maintained, nothing was on fire, no bodies were strewn across the ground. It was good to return to a peaceful home, and not one in complete chaos.

He smiled softly and moved inside.
"Ah, Katakura?" He stopped and looked to Yoshinao, "Do you think you could talk to Megohime? She's been really beating on herself...saying some stuff I don't think she means.." Kojurou frowned and nodded before moving in and going to find Megohime.

The bar was empty, so she had to have been in Masamune’s room. The lights inside were off, but from the heavy smell of cigarette smoke, he could tell she was inside.

Kojurou heard the bed creak softly from inside the room, showing she was at least still inside. “Kojuro? Oh, yeah, you’re home today.. yeah, come in..” She sounded tired and drunk, like it took effort to get her words out.

Megohime laid on the bed, papers sprawled around her; she was slumped against the pillows on the bed as she forced herself to finish her glass of alcohol, looking at Kojurou over the papers. “I never thought I’d hear those words from you..”

“Paperwork. The boys put some of the numbers together for me so I could help keep things somewhat afloat..” She said, waving her hand and the papers in them lazily. “I really do hate stuff like this though..”

“Yeah, I figured I only had to keep things up until you got back, then I’d be free to go.” She stagger out of bed, struggling to fight herself and not fall before pushing the papers into Kojurou’s chest. “I’m really not cut out to be a gang leader, you know..?” She gave a laugh, but it was only because she was drunk, face showing her fatigue.

Megohime hummed softly, waving her hand over her shoulder as she moved to the small table that held more alcohol on it, taking the glass and struggling to pour herself another drink. Surely drinking this much would make her severely ill?

“And what would you know what’s best for me?” The mood in the room shifted instantly, Megohime slamming the bottle down roughly. “Huh? What would a human know what the fuck a ghoul needs?”

Last edited:
She scoffed and threw back her drink, drinking it all and wiping her mouth with her hand. “I can stomach it just fine.” She turned to look at Kojurou, glaring at him through her drunken haze. “What I can’t stomach,” She moved forward and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, though her grip was weak. “Is a ghoul investigator that’s no damn good at his job!” She was breathing heavily, angry tears forming in her eyes. “If you had just killed me then, if you hadn’t let me go-!” Her voice cracked and tears spilled down her face. “Why didn’t you do it?!”

“Why..? Why aren’t you mad?” Her face twisted with grief as the tears continued to flow. “Why aren’t you angry- don’t you hate me? I almost killed him..!” The words were like a heavy blow to her chest, shoulders sagging. “I almost killed him!”

"I should be angry...I should be quite furious...but I can't bring myself to be. Your abilities as a ghoul were robbed from you, yet you somehow managed to get them back. Masamune being a victim to this is unfortunate, but you didn't let him die. You could have left him to bleed out, but you didn't...you brought him to the hospital and for that, I am eternally grateful." He said.

Megohime slowly released his shirt, sinking to her knees as she cried; why? She didn’t deserve his forgiveness, didn’t deserve his gratitude. She hung her head and just cried freely, not able to stop as the floodgates of her emotions opened wide.

Back
Top Bottom