Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“I suppose you would want to keep her around after all, even in that state.” She finished collecting what she came for, turning and heading for the door. “I didn’t think humans could reproduce with ghouls, but I guess we’ll see if she’ll even carry to full term, won’t we?”

She paused briefly, looking back at Motochika as she opened the door. “Don’t tell me you didn’t know? She reeks of it.”

“Guess you never learned how to put a condom on; congratulations.” Amaya said as she left the room and closed the door behind her.
How had he never noticed? How had he not smelled the change in her? She had been constantly covered by a blanket, but surely he hadn’t let something so important slip by him.

Would she survive the pregnancy in her state? Would she survive at all even if she wasn’t crippled and comatose? Should he have the pregnancy terminated? His thoughts weighed heavily on his heart. How far along was she?

What was he supposed to do? He couldn’t even ask Nana what she wanted, how she felt, or even what they should do. He was lost and alone.

Megohime had been doing her best to help keep things running while both Masamune and Kojurou were gone, having plenty of experience in running a ward before. She still refused to take any titles or credit of the role she played, claiming Masamune’s retainers did everything. It was still hard, she had never run a gang before, only wards, and dealing with people on a much more personal level made her realize how much more Masamune had dealt with than she had. She was no good with people, and if she didn’t leave most of the communications up to the others, things wouldn’t be going as well as they were now.
She still holed herself up in Masamune’s room, still only drinking blood, but that was starting to no longer sustain her enough. She was back to chain smoking, even drinking some of the alcohol from the bar to feel something, but it always made her sick.

"Megohime!" Yoshinao rushed over while she sat at the bar, "We heard Katakura will be discharged soon! Ain't that great? He'll be able to help out!"

Usually the ghouls just drank blood at the bar, while the human members of Masamune’s gang drank the alcohol, but it wasn’t unusual for ghouls to occasionally take part in drinking for fun.
Megohime looked up from her drink, still untouched as she smoked; her appearance slowly deteriorating. “Yeah.. that’s good, he’ll probably be able to handle things a little better, huh?” She said with a weak laugh. She wasn’t looking great, but anytime anyone brought it up, she dismissed it. Her complexion was a sickly pale, eyes sunken and dark bags beneath them, her face more slender as she shed weight slowly. She no longer put much effort into her appearance, not bothering with her makeup, nor her clothes- worst of all was her kakugan seemed to be permanently active now, showing just how little her meals of blood were sustaining her.

"You've been doing a great job!" He told her firmly, "Katakura will be able to help you out like he does hitto!" He didn't seem to notice, or maybe he was being polite for her sake, but Samanosuke did his best to try and grt her to eat a little more. It never worked, but it never stopped him.

Megohime blinked slowly, looking down at her hands. “I.. was thinking of leaving once Kojurou makes it back.” She said softly, not wanting anyone else to hear. “I can’t really see a place for myself here anymore.”

Megohime didn't want to think about him, didn’t want to think about how it would feel to see him again once he woke up. She was scared.
“What about him?” She asked, picking up her drink. “He’s still safe in the hospital, isn’t he?” She took a long drink, wincing at the rancid taste of the alcohol.

Last edited:
Megohime finished off the drink and set the glass down a bit roughly. “I’ve already seen him at the hospital.”

Was he really ever going to be back at full health after what she did to him? “No.” She took a drag from her cigarette to try and mask the unpleasant taste in her mouth. “He’s strong, I know he’ll get there.”

Megohime left the bar after a few more drinks, making her way back to Masamune’s bedroom before collapsing on the bed. The room was spinning, and it felt like she had swallowed a fire, but it felt better than the bitter emptiness she couldn’t shake. That had been her routine for the last few days, dealing with what she had to for the gang before drinking herself sick.

Megohime’s eyes widened slowly, almost expecting him to be in the room with her he sounded so real. Her face scrunched up and she fought tears, rolling over onto her back to stare up at the ceiling. “I’m so sorry..!” She whispered. “I’m sorry..!”

Back
Top Bottom