Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

She nodded gently, "I tried to leave with her but there were so many doves...they grabbed her and I..." She frowned more, "I couldn't get her out...I had to leave her behind.."

It was slowly starting to dawn on Megohime. “So Yoshitsugu wasn’t your real father..” She said, eyes widening slightly. “You came from the CCG..? Wait..” She shook her head. “That would mean that they’re.. creating ghouls..?”

She felt sick at the word, the only concepts coming to mind at the mention of the word all being unpleasant. “Do you mean.. a ghoul breeding program..?” No, that didn’t make sense, they were killing ghouls, so why make them too?

"Once we were old enough, we would be taken somewhere, or maybe left in our rooms and they would come to us, I don't know...the idea made me feel really gross and angry..." She seemed pained, like years of repressed memories were flooding back, "I just know that Ama and I were told we would be aiding in a greater purpose and we should be honored.."

Megohime had to look away for a moment, the idea making her stomach turn. “Oh…” It was all that could come out, a heavy feeling pulling at her chest. “I’m..” She didn’t know what to say in a situation like this. “That’s why she left too..?”

"I finally managed to get her out of the Garden, yes." Akihime smiled, though it was sad, "However, I suppose I didn't tend to her needs adequately...and she left me...I haven't been able to find her, try as I might...I can only hope they haven't found her first and taken her back.."

Megohime rubbed the back of her neck, face scrunching up as she recalled what Sasuke had said. Did he not know what was happening? Did he not care? Perhaps he was apart of it, and simply wanted his benefits back. “I’m sorry..” She muttered.

"Daijoubu.." Akihime smiled a bit, "I'll find her one day. Ama is very powerful, the strongest ukaku I know. She wouldn't go without a fight. I just hope she doesn't resent me for my poor care and friendship.."

Megohime had meant for their fate, one forced upon them, but she didn’t bother to correct Akihime. “I can.. see if the boys will keep an eye out for her.. see if they’ve ever seen her before.”

She smiled genuinely, "Thank you...really...and, I'm sorry, too.." She looked down at her hands, "for doing this to you...I was angry that you seemed complacent with what the CCG did to you...you, a proud and powerful ghoul, a strong woman I looked up to...happy with being human...but I'm an idiot for assuming you were broken. I've done so many stupid things, thinking they were right. I suppose I was projecting my own short givings on you.."

It hadn’t yet been a week back in Russia and already Jin felt Matsunaga’s hateful stare on her constantly. She ignored it, helping in preparation of more missions, only speaking with him when absolutely necessary.

"It is a delight to see you again, Kawabe-sousakan." Matsunaga said. He made a point to talk to her regularly, knowing it bothered her deeply.

“Oh, Matsunaga-sousakan, I didn’t see you there.” She continued to help move boxes of files, stopping only when Matsunaga appeared in her way. “I figured you were busy working like the rest of us, but it is good to see you’re allowing yourself breaks in your old age.”

"One must keeo from overexertion when they can." He replied, stepping aside only slightly to allow her to pass, "You're keeping well. It feels like a dog's age."

“I am your junior, to you everyone must seem to keep well.” She said as she passed him; the healed scar covering a good portion of the right side of her face still quite fresh- she had received it her last deployment in Russia, and it took months to fully heal.

“I’m simply concerned for my senior, nothing more.” She set the box down with the other boxes of files they would need later on, turning to face him. “You aren’t one for frivolous chatter, so I was worried your mind was starting to go.”

“Oh, well it seems you’ve won already. I’m quite busy helping with preparations, is there anything you need, or can I get back to my job?” She asked flatly, already missing Kojurou’s more reserved personality.

Jin continued to work in silence, finishing up moving the paperwork before heading off to start another task. They were planning a full scale raid, no infiltration this time, and along with preparing teams and weapons, their strategy relied heavily on the information they had on the ghouls and the organization behind them.

With her being undercover for as long as she had been, Jin was an integral part of this mission. She knew pretty much everything from when they had Tolya captured.

Jin of course had relayed everything she knew about the mission, ensuring it was documented thoroughly in the events that she was killed or captured. Everyone was ready to fight, their supply of quinque and other anti-ghoul weaponry more than enough to supply everyone.

Back
Top Bottom