Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime took the bag weakly, struggling with it for a moment before biting into it and sucking the blood from it slowly.

She ate in silence, feeling slight relief as she ate, but knew that he wounds would take a while to heal without flesh. “Why did you stop him?” She asked quietly.

“We aren’t friends.” She said firmly, keeping her gaze down. “This whole situation I’m in.. being a ghoul again, you caused this.”

“I was doing just fine..” She muttered, taking another mouthful of blood from the pouch. “I was happy, I wasn’t being hunted anymore.” That was partly a lie- she wasn’t being hunted by the CCG, but now ghouls were hunting her.

"Your parents disowned you, Megohime...if I were petty, I'd say you were the one beneath me now..." She shook her head, "I wanted to see you as the powerful ghoul I always looked up to...have you returned to your former glory...you always seemed sad when I saw you walking around as a human.."

“And if I was petty, I’d ask why you’re still alone, even after saving your friend from Cochlea.” She muttered. “You say I’m beneath you, yet you’re still putting me on a pedestal.”

"I didn't..." She stopped and sighed, "I didn't say that...I don't think you're beneath me at all...if anything, you're way stronger than I am. If I had my life as a ghoul ripped away from me, I'd probably curl up and die..." An image of Yukimura appeared in her mind's eye, his contagious grin forcing a small sad smile on her lips, "but that would make me even more pathetic, wouldn't it...? Leaving Mitsu-nii alone like that..."

Megohime felt awkward, having such a vulnerable conversation, having Akihime confide in her like that. She didn’t know what to say, it made her skin itch, and she shifted uncomfortably.

She was quiet for a few minutes as she finished off the blood bag, glancing at Akihime. “Who is he?” She asked, knowing her body would take time to heal, she might as well ask a few questions while she waited.

“The Dove you seemed to know- he seemed to know you quite well too.” Megohime said, shifting with a wince to get comfortable.

"Sasuke?" She asked before giving a sour look, "He's just some fool. I hate that I know him so well.." She played with her hair, "he was our guard, I guess...in Cochlea...in the Garden..."

Megohime made a face. “In Cochlea? When we’re you ever in there?” Not once had she remembered Akihime having been caught, even when they were children, so when had she been locked away? “And what’s the Garden?”

Akihime looked a bit uncomfortable, "Um...I was born there...for a specific purpose that I wasn't super fond of...even being so young, I knew it was wrong.."

Did Megohime even have the right to ask something like this? She wasn’t her friend, and clearly this was something still raw- maybe she should drop it. “Oh.. sorry, I didn’t know.” She was curious, but it felt wrong to pry.

"With Amaya, yeah...Ama and I were friends, birds of a feather...born for the same purpose...I wanted to get out of there with her, tried to.." She started to trail off, frowning softly.

Back
Top Bottom