Unravel (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Megohime felt her mouth go dry at the mention of her imprisonment, looking to Kojurou, a fear in her eyes he had never seen before. “I… I don’t remember..” She shook her head. “Other than being locked in a room when I wasn’t being..” She had to swallow the bile that rose in her throat. “I don’t remember ever seeing outside, I don’t know where I was kept.. I’m sorry..”

Megohime wished she could give them an answer on where she had been kept, but she honestly barely remembered anything from her time there. “Yuusuke..” She said, remembering the look of fear frozen on his face upon death. “He was there. He didn’t make it.”

Megohime shook her head. “They kept everyone seperate.. I never saw anyone else who was alive..” she said quietly. “I’m sorry..”

Megohime’s eyes flashed with panic, reaching out to Masamune instinctively. “Please.. don’t go..!” She pleaded softly, looking like she could fall apart right there.

Megohime shook her head, holding onto his sleeve tightly. “I’m not worried about danger..” She said quietly; did he not want her now either? Would he too throw her out like her parents, or let his ghouls eat her like Tsukiyama had?

Megohime only loosened her grip on his sleeve when he sat back down, and Masamune could see she was struggling to stay awake. She was so tired, but she worried if she closed her eyes, Masamune wouldn’t be there when she woke again.

Megohime looked to him again, studying his face like she was looking for the lie, but nodding when she felt he was telling the truth. It didn’t take her long to fall asleep again, body still recovering from blood loss.

"I'll see if I can't get ahold of any of the research reports, see how many more we lost." Kojurou said. Masamune nodded as he watched Megohime.
"Let me know what you dig up."
"Hai."

Megohime slept like the dead, dreaming of nothing, and sleeping well into the night, stirring again once she had recovered enough energy.

Megohime looked down at him over the edge of the bed, reaching down to pet his hair gently. She moved it out of his face, studying him like she was afraid she’d never see him again.

“Still like shit, but better.” She said softly, caressing his cheek gently. “How’s the floor?”

“I can make room now.” She offered, patting the bed beside her. “It’s not very big, but I think we can both fit.”

Megohime didn’t mind, she enjoyed it in fact, pressed against his chest, holding onto the front of his shirt. “It’s nice.” She said, resting her head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom