Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Shadow of the Ocean (CasualVelociraptor x PhoenixRising82)

He drew in a slow, quiet breath as her words murmured against his ear. His gaze slowly shifting to peer up at her in silence. While he either confirmed nor denied her quiet words, his gaze spoke quite clearly. All the way back to one of their first times in bed. She saw him and she had from the start. He’d told her as much.

His fingers stroked slow and tender patterns along her sides as she leaned against him, as her lips peppered over his features. Her teasing words drawing a low, deep chuckle rumbling from his chest as he swatted the side of her butt.

”Mmm, we’ll go with that. I knew it all along and my trap....errr plan, yeah, plan, was laid just perfect.”

He grinned broadly, winking playfully up at her as she straightened, until she shifted against him initially. He noticeably jerked softly, a grunt escaping him, the sound drawing out. Low and heady as she sank along the length of him.

His hips rose softly to meet hers as her fingers dug into the flesh of his thighs. His own hands dragging against her thighs, thumbs teasing against the tender flesh of her inner thighs until he reached around and grabbed her ass, fingertips digging into the plush mounds as she rode him, resisting the urge to help her along at a faster pace. Instead, laying back and letting her have her way as he rode the high himself. Denying both himself and her, his finish....for now.

He watched the cute and semi-sated smile dance across her features as she sank against him. He knew she wasn’t expecting to be finished. With a loving sweep of his hands against her cheeks, tangling her hair just slightly amidst his fingers, his head lifted as he grabbed her lips with his and flipped her, pinning her against the mattress, his hips jerking a single time against her own.

A groan escaped him as he buried himself inside of her. Lifting himself over her, he gazed down at her before finally shifting backward, drawing his still hard cock from her sheathed protection.

”We need to get you cleaned up....”

He smirked and pulled her to the edge of the bed before lifting her, wrapping her legs around his waist and carrying her to the bathroom.

Turning the water on in the shower, he leaned her back against the chilled black tile and peppered kisses all along her shoulder and neck, nipping gently at the slope of her throat. Once the water was warm, he pulled her away from the wall, the shift of his hands against her thighs to her ass caused her to bounce against his waist, his length teasing against her before he stepped beneath the rain of water.

Soap in one hand, he started a lather up at her belly, in slow circles moving up and teasing over each breast. His gaze never wavering from hers and the smirk on his lips quite clearly conveying the message. He wanted her to beg for what she wanted.

Alice giggled one moment at his lean-in to her joke, then gasped when he launched a welcome coup against her intimate space again, then moaned while curtains of hot, filtered ocean water surrounded them both and he teased her as only he could. She came apart for him, nearly orgasmed again without him even pressing her throbbing button.

Then she serenaded him as only her mind and heart could, while tightening her legs around his waist, throwing one arm around his neck and another around her breasts in the process. “I know I’ve lost so much...nearly died...but this is still the best day of my life. Because I’ve gained a boyfriend, a confidante, a rock- a King. I feel invincible when I’m with you. Nothing will come between that. Nothing, you hear me?! Now seal it, baby. You know you want to. I need it! I need your royal scepter inside me! NOW!”

Widened eyes and a bite of her lip did the rest of the pleading for her.

Last edited:
And as always, he was happy to oblige. She was right, he wanted to. His loins aching almost painfully as the build up continued.

His roaming and washing hand drifted down to her belly and finally around to hold her closer still as she tightened her thighs around his waist and listened.

His head tipped back slightly, lips parted and curling at the corners. His nostrils flared as he drew in a slow breath, drawing in the scent of her warm and wet skin and hair, the undeniable scent of her want as it unleashed in a rush of need as she pleaded with him to finish what he’d started.

With a step forward, he pressed her hard against the slick tiled wall. His lips drawing close to hers. The water trickling over his back and shoulders, steam enveloping the pair of them.

”As you wish, my Queen.”

He whispered against her lips before he shifted her just slightly and slipped between her waiting lips, slowly burying his length into her before his own aching need consumed him. His hips rushing to claim her, unequivocally as his and his alone, with deep and hard strokes. Giving her what she pleaded for and caving and rushing to his own need and want.

The tile slightly hurt each time that Jareth’s cock slammed her into the wall. Her skin was freaking out a little at the hot saltiness of the water. But Alice Guthrie didn’t care, and why? Because her handsome, strong, always supportive boyfriend was fucking every care out of her with every considered, dominating thrust.

Alice had come soooo close to turning the tables (hehe, cum, her drug addled mind thought), but he’d overcome her will, where even the only other man she'd given her heart to- a half-elf named Taiga Hisoka- had let her take control every once in a while. Alice was coming (HEHE cumming) to realize that Adamaris was such a wild, bucking mer of a man that she’d have to chain him down to make him behave. With his permission of course. Which she‘d tease out of him in due time...

Thinking about that delicious future possibility, and about how much she needed to, and was enjoying currently, his dominance made her moan out:

“Oh, oh, oh, my man, my Jareeeeth...ugh! I love you I love you I love you I love you CUM FOR ME CUUUUM AAAAAI...!”

Alice trailed off and threw her head back and surrendered her heart, mind, and soul to her beloved as she came. Her pussy in turn proclaimed its devotion to his penis and began methodically worshipping him and supplicating it for its vital fluids.

Last edited:
Well on his way to already giving her what she begged for, his hips jerked heavily against her once, twice and a third time. With each press of their bodies together, he nipped along her throat gently. Soft, pleasure filled grunts, as orgasm rushed to consume him, vibrated against her throat and chin as another, drawn out groan came, when he did.

The stroke of her hungry muscles against his length left him panting heavily against her skin as he filled her with his seed.

His gaze rose, as heated as the water that rained down upon them, before he leaned in, fingers tangling into the wet strands of her hair and claimed her lips, her tongue with as much fervor as he’d claimed the rest of her, inside and out. He held her lips enraptured as he stepped back and into the water and enjoyed the taste of them a moment longer before he gently released them. A moment later, his flaccid cock slipped from her with a soft pop, the sound drowned out by the rush of water. The chill that greeted him after being buried in the center of her heat sent a shiver through him as his hands caressed over her sides to her hips before turning her to face the water.

With a soft hum of a song on his lips against her ear and the sound vibrating from his chest to the pinkened flesh of her back, he lathered soap onto his hands and began a slow wash over her skin. Rinsed and finished, he cut the water and stepped out, letting her dry off....mostly....before he scooped her up and tossed her over his shoulder with a chuckle, then stalked off back to the bed.

With a salacious grin and a caveman grunt, he smacked her bare ass and tossed her back onto the bed, immediately crawling up and over her. A hand brushing errant strands of hair from her face as he planted another breath stealing kiss on her before he pulled back,his lips teasing against hers a moment as a look of contemplation greeted her. Lifting himself to hover over her, he licked his lips.

”My Queen. My Alli-cat. My little detective. Alice Guthrie....my love.....”

His words were soft but confident. He’d realized, truly realized, as his hands had roamed over her in the shower, just how much she had managed to captivate him over the time since she’d walked through his doors. He was indeed hers. And he wanted her to truly be his, if it was for a day or a lifetime.

”Will you marry me?”

Something changed in Alice Guthrie as she threw her head back, closed her eyes and shuddered from a series of mini orgasms induced by his peak. Something, the private investigator deduced, was different about this river of jism that rushed to fill her valley. It almost seemed as if light was planting itself in her shadow, making something take root. Before she could figure out what this was or why she was feeling this way, he was carrying her again in the strong way that she loved, and he was giving her all the nicknames in a row, and then...

The ultimate question. One she thought he wouldn’t ask for a while yet.

She mouthed, “Oh wow” to herself while trying to take a minute to get her mind in order as the high wore off. But not too long so he wouldn’t get worried.

Once her rational self reasserted itself, she started objecting to it in her head.

You’ve known him for four months! He went straight to you after his girlfriend died! Your sister is missing and your brother is a monster! You just had a big fight about him almost cheating on you! And what about your innate, unchangeable need to be with other women? What about your broken past and your literal Darkness? What about the fact the world is tearing itself apart? What about...?

Not even a minute later, her biggest, beaming smile silenced all those doubting voices that had dogged her since her father told her she was just a little mouth to feed, of no use to anyone.

She nodded until her neck seemed like it’d snap off, her eyes twinkling, tears welling, her heart racing up her throat towards one definitive conclusion while she embraced the man who had brought so much joy into her life.

“YES!” she cried and kissed him through her tears.

Then the next words out of her were, “Yeah, um...” with a nervous scratch on the back of her head.

“When I was 22, I met a half-elf two hundred something years years my senior from the eastern Confederate nation of Gudaria named Taiga, while solving a missing persons case there. He was my first serious boyfriend. After I was raped by a man at age 16 and had one-night stands with a series of stupid and abusive men in the interim, I’d only ever felt safe enough to be in relationships with Elizabeth and Abigail, but with him? I could tell him anything, including that I had the Darkness, because it turned out he did too. I thought he was the one after three whirlwind and passionate months with him in his castle looking out onto the snow-capped peaks, the dark forests, and the calm water as we made love during a sunset or sometimes exploring it together and camping together for days. After which we got engaged.

“Then, when I brought him back to Radiant with me because he understood I wanted to be close to Chloe, I lived with him in a palace that never quite felt like home, and I kept my old place to work out of. When it turned out he was lying about his job being legal, I broke it off because otherwise I'd have to arrest him. I thought about shooting myself after Taiga left...but never mind all that. The point is, these past four months have been exciting, scary, wonderful, and upsetting all at once, and if you really want to marry me, walking mess that I am, then setting aside the fact that my sociopathic ex girlfriend murdered someone you care about, wants to turn me into a philtered-up zombie, and has made our hearts into ticking time bombs, we need to work out several things.

“First of all, are we exclusive? Because you almost cheated on me two days ago, and I will find it difficult to suppress my attraction to women; difficult, but not impossible if that’s what you need. Are you willing to have children with me, knowing that they will almost certainly inherit my connection to The Darkness? This is something which you’ve seen causes a psychotic break when unleashed, and is hard work to bottle up unless, like me, you put up walls around yourself. That will make meaningful friendships and relationships harder for them to gain and maintain. Plus, they will face discrimination for that and their mer heritage. If so, are you going to be able to help with parenting while running Jareth Industries, or will you expect me to be home all the time? Because what I do gives me meaning, I would want to go back to work as soon as I’m able, and I will walk away right now if you want me to be a housewife. Are you at all wanting to claim the throne of Olsea? Because that introduces its own political complications at a time of great tension between Caledoria and Olsea. Will you have me sign a prenuptial agreement to protect your considerable fortune? Because I have modest wealth of my own and I promise I am not after your own, but I get if you don’t believe me. What are your views on religion? Because part of the reason Mick was frustrated with me was that he subscribes to the Church of Solstice and I’m an atheist...

“I- I could go on. I don’t expect you to answer me right away, and if you want to retract your offer after all this, I’ll understand,” Alice said and curled up under the blankets, drawing them over her in self defense.

Last edited:
There was a tension in him, as he watched her, even in that minute. Barely noticeable but he shook, had he asked too soon? Had it scared her? Would it push her away? After all they’d been through already, had that simple, it felt right question....be the one thing that would send her running?

The brief moment before her head bobbed, seemed to be an eternity and he was almost certain she was going to say no. Then she nodded and the breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding danced in a rush past his lips.

”Yeah?”

The single word came out in an excited breath, questioning, making sure she was indeed saying what he hoped she was saying. The nod quickly became a verbalized confirmation and his heart skipped a beat. His breath caught as her lips pressed against his. It took him a second to respond. His lips curling into a smile even as he returned the kiss. A hand rising to brush against her jawline, thumb sweeping through the tears along her cheek.

Her reaction when he pulled back had his head tilting curiously as she spoke. After a moment, he rolled into his side beside her, propping himself on his elbow as he watched her in silence and let her speak.

Even as quickly as she threw the questions at him, he soaked it all in. Rolling each through his head and considering his answers.

An answer on his lips, that he had no intention of retracting was on the tip of his tongue when she disappeared beneath the blanket. It stopped him and he stared at the lump of her frame beneath the blanket. He couldn’t help the wide smile that stretched across his lips before he gently pulled one side of the blanket from her and shifted beneath it himself, drawing it back over the both of them as he nestled against her.

”Firstly....remember, no hiding from each other.

He spoke quietly, his forehead pressing tenderly against Alice’s, his hand gently curling against her neck.

”Secondly, was his dick bigger than mine?”

He tried to keep a straight face but a cheeky smirk cracked his stoicism.

”Seriously though, I have a job, an entire company actually and while it may be under a serious overhaul once we get back home, I have one and will continue to have one. One that will provide for my wife and yes, our children. Children that we will raise the best we can, hopefully better than our parents raised us. Together. Because that’s the beauty of my position, I can be home whenever I damned well please and let my employees actually work for me. Nope, no intention of taking the throne of Olsea, definitely not with the way things currently are. I’m quite comfortable on my own in Palaidia. No prenup either. No need.”

Yes, he was that confident. The quite serious look on his face fell, his face scrunching, nose wrinkling as his brows shot up and he chuckled.

”And when have you ever seen or heard about me going to church, hmm?”

He let the question linger between them. His eyes steady on hers as his hand, fingers brushed softly over her hip. He kissed her nose, a salacious smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

”Frankly, You are the only temple I have any desire to worship at.”

The only question that remained was one of exclusivity. Her mention of his almost cheating on her tickled at his brain. She’d been upset when it had happened, she’d questioned it then too. He’d decided then, he was done. He wanted her and no one else. A feat that neither Octavia, Amara nor Melitem had not fully achieved.

”I want it, you, exclusively yes but...I also want you to be happy.”

He didn’t know how to say it any other way. He had no intentions of ever cheating on her, almost or otherwise again, even if given the ok to do so. But as he said, he wanted her to be happy.

“All of that...is very reassuring,” Alice sighed with a contented smile as she wrapped herself slowly around him, legs settling on his hips, her breasts pressed against his chest, hands gently massaging his upper back, and head nestled against his neck.

Then she got a little nervous in response to the questions he threw back at her, and replied, “Well...he might have had a bigger dick, but he was also a bigger dick, if you know what I mean. Your penis is my favorite because it’s attached to someone I adore, and because it moves so well...with such care when it’s planted inside me. It feels like it’s at home in my womb...and that’s exactly what it will be for you, my love.” It took all her intellect not to ride him again as she said this.

The question about her happiness was harder to parse, but pick it apart she did. “I don’t know if any woman can compare to Octavia and I already know she’s off limits, so I think I’m done fooling around with anyone else for a while. I’ll let you know if I want that to change, but know that you are the only man I ever want to lie with, and that I am marrying you because I want my only relationship to be with you.”

“Speaking of with you,” Alice smiled and whispered in his ear, “I need some rest if I’m to beat the charges against me. I want nothing more at the conclusion of this very long day than to be your little spoon.” The detective then yawned, “Can you...can you hold me while we both fall asleep?"

Last edited:
A hand swept down over her hip and along the back of her leg before digging in slightly as he pulled her leg up and over his. His chin resting lightly against her head.

When she answered his question about who’s dick was actually bigger, a laugh rumbled from deep inside his chest. He’d asked. While he hadn’t necessarily expected an answer, he didn’t expect her to lie to protect his ego either.

After a moment of silence, while she analyzed his answer concerning being exclusive, he murmured a soft and simple statement.

”You, in your entirety, are my home.”

The words brushing softly against her scalp before he pressed a kiss against her crown.

”She is. And fair enough.”

He confirmed gently that indeed, Octavia was off limits. Her whisper brought a smile to his lips and he patted her thigh, a nod his silent answer to her question.

”Whatever you want, my Queen.....but you have to turn over.”

He kissed her forehead, drawing back to peer at her and let her shift around and get comfortable. His arm stretched out for her to settle her head against. Once she was settled, he drew the sheet over them both and let his left arm drape over her, his hand sweeping across her belly. He gave a final kiss against the back of her shoulder before he settled behind her.

“I love you, my King,” Alice purred shortly after he began spooning her. Then she closed her eyes, interlaced her fingers with his, and let his penis wedge nicely along her bottom- eager to tease him a little for how well he’d fucked her. As her last act for today, Alice moved her new fiancé’s hands up to and over her breasts. Then she let her breathing even out and fell asleep against him.

The next morning, Alice put on and checked her watch. Her sleep had been uneven, full of nightmares and fears of loss- both real and imagined- but she’d gotten just enough, and at the same didn’t suffer as much from them with him there. Still, she knew just the pick-me-up she’d need to get ready for trial.

Alice turned around and grinned as she beheld Jareth’s flaccid cock. It turned out that even limp it looked thick and ready; he appeared to be a shower and although Alice had no preference, she was eager to make him grow anyway.

And so Adamaris would wake up to find his fiancée’s soft, wet mouth suckling the tip of his penis eagerly- as he was tied to the bed with bedsheets.

”And I love you.”

The words breathed against her skin, warm and sleepy as they settled. His hands curling softly around her breasts as he pulled her as close as she could be. Drifting off into sleep, content and happier than he had been in some time.

His sleep wasn’t dreamless but the nightmares stayed at bay, replaced instead by a future he longed for, one that was within reach. Various flickers of what his life could be like. Peaceful and quiet with a woman he truly loved and devoted himself to. The faint but magical sounds of laughter, followed by the patter of four little feet as they rushed by him. Days playing and splashing around in the ocean with Alice and their children, amidst other sea creatures. No war. No death. No destruction. Just love and laughter and life.

He slept soundly. And deeply. So much so, he didn’t feel when Alice stirred and wriggled from beneath his hold. He merely rolled onto his back, his right arm curling under the pillow above his head, his left hand resting against his chest as the sheet fell to barely cover his hips. Nor did he feel when she moved him and tied wrists and ankles to the bed posts. His dreams turning decidedly more salacious in nature but no less thrilling and wanted.

A soft groan escaped him as he stirred, his eyes opening fully when he tried to wipe the sleep from his eyes and found he couldn’t. His gaze drifting from his bound wrist, down along his chest and midsection to see the reason for his current predicament.

His eyes greeted hers, a smirk slowly forming over his lips before his head dropped back against the pillow, a slow chuckle leaving his throat as he realized that she had him right where she wanted him. The sound chased by a growing, rattle of a moan as the sheer pleasure raged in his loins.

The next thirty seconds was filled with Alice alternating between breathy phrases and sucks on his sensitive head. "I'm sorry, hun" suck "I wanted to wake you up first." suck suck SUCK "I wanted you to hold and kiss me before I did this as I teased up" suck "and" suck "down" suck GAG "your hot body. But then...another...greedier...more primal part of me wanted to do this." Then Alice deepthroated his entire penis and breathed through her nose as her tongue and throat pulsed on his whole length.

"I'm going to need all the energy you can give me to face up to that court room, baby boy. You're the only boy I want, Jer Bear- that I'll ever want again- and the thought of waking up to collect a sample from this fantastic fucking cock every, single, damn morning of the rest of my life filled me with want." The whole time Alice was saying this, her eyes were glazed over with pure lust.

"And then it occurred to me that I've collected plenty of your samples lately," Alice teased, while using spit to stroke his shaft, "but never like this. And you can’t move. At least, not until I taste my creamy reward. Not while you lie there and be a good boy for me. Be a good throbbing, aching dick for me. And now you'll see exactly why...and feel how...I left John drained entirely that night. And you'll have that feeling any time you want, my dearest love. My best friend. My...my husband."

Alice gave a very wired-up laugh, throwing her head back and snorting, before clarifying, "Oh, no, I'm not finding that funny. I just am laughing thinking about the sounds you'll make. About how cute your face will look when you give it all up to me. So...be a good boy. Lie, back, relax, and keep your hands on me."

Alice now placed his hands on her breasts while she was down by his balls, grinned as she made him wrap his hands around her breasts...

And then dived back down and pistoned her head with lightning speed and ravenous hunger on his meat, his balls, his scrotum...and was poised to do the same anywhere he wanted.

Last edited:
He heard every word and felt every electric press of her lips and tongue against his cock. Every breath made him shudder as groans slid languidly from him.

His chest rising and falling rapidly, as if trying to keep up with the steady beat of his heart. He couldn’t complain, not one bit. It was one hell of a way to wake up and the prospect of waking up every morning with his wife’s lips wrapped around him, suck starting his day, made him groan even louder.

When she sat back, bare, moist lips wriggling against his chest, sending her scent to assault his senses and drive him even crazier, he let loose a slow, guttural growl. His hands jerked lightly against the restraints they were in, even as she worked the knots loose.

Her fingers curling around his wrists, guiding them around to her front stopped him, he had to bite back the urge to take over, to grab her, toss her forward and take her. The fact that his ankles were still tied to the foot of the bed, helped bring him back from the pure carnal ache. Reminding him that she had him where she wanted him and he intended to let her have it.

His hands cupped around the tender mounds of her breasts, nipples digging into his palms as his fingers dug softly into the delicious flesh with a squeeze as she wriggled back into position. His cock twitched as her breath swept against the damp flesh. He was focused on what was in front of him though, the sweet pink petals of her pussy as her ass bounced, tauntingly one front of him.

Another growl escaped and he nipped playfully at a buttcheek, his left hand deserting her breast, clapping softly instead against the round of her buttcheek. His thumb sweeping against her flesh and pulling her lips apart before his tongue dived into his own morning snack. Sliding hungrily the length of her slit and back again, his lips curling around her clit, suckling on it as a heady moan stroked hotly against the tender nub. His right hand gripping a little tighter around her tit, pinching her nipple between his palm and fingers before cupping it again.

Alice wondered if it was a mistake to loosen the bindings around his hands and have him paw at her breasts, but her moans and the jolt of pleasure straight into her clit disagreed.

She also wondered if it was a mistake to turn around and push her ass in his face, as she’d trapped him into breaking the rules about moving his hands with her delicious bare mound just there for the licking. But her half delirious cries of, “Ohhh...gooood...JER- I, I n-need your love...I- I am your love!” as she exploded in her first orgasm of the day contradicted that too.

If they had all the time in the world, she would ride him until every last drop of his balls’ precious bodily fluids were drained into her. But they didn’t, so Alice groaned, “C’mon, baby, I know your dick is throbbing, aching for me. Feed me, my darling boy. Feed me what I want. And what I want is all your fucking yummy cum in my tummy!”

With that, the lust crazed detective sucked on his tip without mercy.

He was more than willing to take all day. His father could just wait. Though....logically he knew the old man wouldn’t and would send guards in to drag them, kicking and screaming and naked if need be into the court. But he wasn’t entirely thinking with his logical brain at the moment either, so as far as he was concerned, they could take all the time they wanted.

Technically, he wasn’t breaking the rules. One hand was still on a breast, kneading, massaging and quite enjoying the plush mound beneath his grip. The other would soon find its way back to where she’d directed it, however.....she had simply, verbally stated for him to keep his hands on her.....and he was certainly more than happy to oblige. Nor had she said that more than just his hands couldn’t be on her.

He lapped at her like a thirsty man seeking water, his own moans and groans mingling with hers and when she came, he drank eagerly, the warm sweetness and her scent making his cock twitch with aching excitement.

When he’d licked her clean, his head fell back. His hands shifting and coming to rest against her sides. Tongue licking over his lips, still tasting her. She wasn’t wrong. His cock burned with an aching need for her. It throbbed and twitched with each suck of her lips and lick of her tongue. Each breath that brushed tauntingly against his length made everything tighten with anticipation. His hips rolled as the ache raged through him.

”Fuck....babe....”

He groaned breathily, his back arching, hips lifting.

”I’m cumming.....”

It was all the warning she’d get as his cock twitched heavily before feeding her a warm heavy stream of his seed. His fingers dug softly into her flesh as he held onto her, rolling through his climax.

Alice cooed happily as she worshipped her new fiance's penis and received a tribute of semen as a reward. She felt energized and gave a loopy look on her face as she opened her mouth to show her appreciation before gulping it down. Then Detective Guthrie (soon to be Mrs. Williams or Guthrie-Williams) crawled up to kiss her intended, and grinned before sighing, "I wish I could stay here forever, but I must get showered- actually showered this time- and dressed." She soon did so in a replica of her original uniform that she had ordered the guards to make and send to her since her regular clothes were back on the surface; hoping in the process that she would win some sympathy from the public gathered to watch her trial who would recognize her thereby.

He gave her a hazy, lopsided grin before his head dropped back into the pillow. A hand sweeping lazily over his chest, his heart still beating wildly beneath. A soft groaning sigh escaped as he felt the soft, warmth of her flesh pressing against his when she crawled over him.

His hands swept along her jawline, fingers gripping tenderly as their lips collided and before she could pull away, he rolled, pinning her lightly beneath him. His head still battling with itself, wanting more of her but knowing, even before she said a word, that he would have to put it on hold. He peppered another kiss along her jaw and lips before he rolled back onto the bed.

”Fine. Fine. We aren’t done though. I love you.”

He murmured, with a cheeky laugh as he lazily swatted her ass when she rolled out of the bed.

He wasted only a few minutes, laying and staring, grinning, up at the mirrored ceiling before he rolled out of the bed himself. He contemplated having a ceiling mirror installed in his.....no.....their bedroom at home as he dressed in the outfit that was delivered for him. Shrugging into the jacket just as Alice stepped, dressed, from the bathroom. His gaze eating her up from her toes to her nose, a salacious pucker of his lips before an adoring smile settled across his features.

A knock came. Jareth drew in a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh as the smile dropped from his face and he turned toward the door as the guards opened them, standing at attention.

”It’s time. The King awaits your arrival, Miss Guthrie.”

Jareth turned and held his hand out to Alice, curling his fingers into hers and started drawing her close. Aalton and Kaiholo stepped into the room, their expressions stoic as they moved directly toward Alice, though Kaiholo gave Jareth a brief apologetic look as he stepped between them.

”I’m sorry, Jareth. The King’s orders. We are to physically escort Miss Guthrie to the Royal Court.”

The guard offered an apologetic nod but kept to his duties and stepped forward, forcing the couples hands to break contact. Kaiholo let his fingers curl around Alice’s right bicep. Aalton placed his right hand at the small of her back, his left clutching against her arm. The guards moved in unison and started out the door. Leaving Jareth to trail behind, stewing at his father as they made way toward the Royal Court room.

The halls they traversed were all made of glass and aged stone. Merfolk and sea creatures swam overhead. Sea life either going about their business or peering in curiously as guards and prisoners marched along.

Nestled into the aged stone along the way, a plaque: “Oleska”, it read. Misspelled. Jareth snorted softly, he knew why it was there but he was surprised none-the-less that his anal retentive father hadn’t bellowed out orders to have it fixed.

His attention drew back to Alice, his wife-to-be and most thoughts of his father fled as he watched her hips swaying. He couldn’t help the smile that danced across his lips as they drew closer to their destination.

Aalton kept his hand pressed against the small of her back. His stoic expression giving nothing away as to what he was thinking. Kaiholo slowed their progression slightly as he stepped forward to open the court room doors.

Jareth’s smile faltered. Not because they’d reached the court room. Instead, he watched as Aalton’s hand dropped, slowly, from the small of Alice’s back and swept over the curve of her ass, before his fingers flexed against the sweet curve.

It took everything in Olseka’s Prince not to swing at the back of the guards head and instead let his Queen handle it, as he knew she was capable. He forced his feet to stop, folding his hands behind his back, he watched in steaming curiosity for what would unfold.

Last edited:
Alice laughed and waved Jareth off with a grin of her own as she appreciated him fucking her with his eyes, but also wanted to call him out as a dork with a single gesture while not letting him think she was being serious. Her opinion of the male species as a whole was that they were either mean dorks or goofy dorks- and she was happy that at least the man she was going to marry was a goofy dork. And to emphasize that, she winked at him while swaying her hips.

Then she felt her ass being grabbed by Aalton and thought about her options. If she wouldn't be summarily executed for it, Alice would probably have thrown him across the room, but she had to be smart about this. So she asked, giving her best fake look of confusion, "Is that a common greeting in Oleska?" (Knowing that it would a minor point of annoyance for him that she deliberately misspelled the city's name.) "Well, then an Oleskan hello to you too," she added and squeezed his ass cheek much too hard, lifting him up off the floor with her sinewy strength as she dug her nails into the cheek, and then continuing on to the courtroom as Aalton rubbed his sore bottom and Kaiholo looked at him disapprovingly.

Once they arrived at the courtroom, King Meredydd and the Royal Council (since the Kingdom of Olsea had barely any concept of separation of powers) stared down disapprovingly at the dais that Alice was quickly chained to by special iron cuffs that dampened magic and Darkness in order to prevent her from escaping.

"Alice Guthrie of Caledoria, you stand accused of multiple counts of murder for participating in the massacre of thousands of Merfolk at the Battle of Sanctuary Trench on September 17th, 1886," one of the elderly Council members rasped as he adjusted his clockwork bifocals to read the bill of charges. "How do you plead?"

Alice looked down at her hands, cuffed by iron links but also by her guilt in being made to participate. Then she looked at Jareth, the man who had melted some of the ice she'd put up around her heart so that she wouldn't have to feel this. She also looked at her husband and her future mother and sister in law sitting in the crowd with him, closed her eyes, and sighed-

"Guilty."

One half of the assembled crowd booed and threw food and rocks at her while calling out, "Murderer!" "Genocide!" and "Go back to the surface!" While others proclaimed that this was a miscarriage of justice and pleaded that she should recant her own plea, remembering what she did for Olseka long ago. She continued to keep her eyes closed while suffering the projectiles.

"I will have order in my courtroom!" Meredydd cried. "Anyone, and I mean anyone who talks out of turn again will be thrown out. Now, Ms. Guthrie, I will give you a chance to explain yourself before I sentence you to death."

"Ladies and gentlemen of the court and assembled here to witness this moment," Alice said as the flash bulbs of cameras from both surface and undersea newspapers splashed light on her face from multiple angles, "I cannot state truthfully that I did not kill merfolk and humans alike in the course of the immoral and vile Operation Trench Fall that I was pressed into by the Imperial Army of Caledoria at the tender age of 18. That is why I have pleaded guilty.

"But let me inform the Court that I have dedicated my entire life to defeating criminals who are far more malicious and have committed far viler crimes than mine, just to wash out the black spot of that single day that I wish I could erase from my life. That I still am pulled under those waves and trapped in that foul armor every night when I close my eyes. That I still hear the dying screams of the people I pumped full of spears and rivets. And let me warn the honorable assembled Court now that they are focusing on the wrong threat. I do not dispute that I deserve some punishment for this, but even death would not be worse than the way I have been punishing myself for years- by cutting myself off from love. At least, until now...with your Crown Prince. With the man I intend to marry."

After taking a moment to let the news of her engagement wash over the crowd and hearing their cheers and jeers, Alice continued, "If you kill me, not only will you be harming your Prince when you the Court let everyone believe he was dead and wounded his own life, but you will also lose a valuable ally in the fight against the real enemy. Against the woman who I believe, after months of investigation, ordered the murder of Amara and thousands of other mermaids. Speaking plainly, I am talking of Elizabeth Jersey, alias The Dollmaker."

"I believe that months ago, Elizabeth seduced or otherwise induced Amara (I know something about that, as for those who don't know, I confess I am bisexual and was Elizabeth's girlfriend for months) to work with her in utilizing a ship in the Jareth Industries fleet called the Intrepid without his knowledge to go to the port of Halanunja in the Ananki Confederation, where they worked together to lure in merfolk looking for work at a company that has employed thousands of merfolk who wished to live on the surface, only to then be drained of their blood. And why? So that the properties of their blood, your blood, which has provided your people the ability to change their bodies upon touching the water, could be combined with vampire venom and other chemicals to make philters. These are miraculous drinks that are spreading across the world like wildfire. They mutate the drinker with superhuman abilities, only to create chemical dependency that allows Elizabeth to possess their minds in order to create an organization called The Family. Why she is assembling this group of mind controlled, philter addicted zombies, I do not know. But if she is not put in check, no mermaid or merman will be safe from her machinations. And Jareth and I are the only ones who can stop her."

Meredydd slumped back in his chair and growled, "You spin quite a story, Detective. But even if you have proof for any of it-"

"And I can give you such proof, if you will unchain me," Alice interjected.

"Silence! It changes nothing. Your crimes still hang over your head, and now that you have admitted guilt you must be punished for the blood on your hands. My sentence is death, and that cannot change."

Last edited:
Jareth sat between his sister and mother. A guard at his back, standing at attention and when he started to bolt from his chair while his father let the assembled have their jeering fun at the expense of their prisoner, he felt a pair of hands grip and bite into his shoulders as he was shoved back into the chair.

He pinned his father in an angry glare as he let it go on a moment more before putting a stop to it. While Meredydd didn’t look directly at Jareth, the Prince took note of the faint flicker of his gaze sideways toward him and the barely there twitch stays the corner of the old man’s lips. All other eyes were on the subject of court proceedings. Jareth seethed. This was little more than his father swinging his dick around as he usually did.

His shoulders tensed and he jerked from the guards grip as he fell back into his chair with a sigh. It was a reminder that he needed to keep his head, or even he would be escorted from the courtroom. With disgust, he jerked his gaze away from his father, letting it settle instead on Alice.

When she made the announcement of their engagement, it was the only time a smile curled along his lips. His father also turned his attention to his son, a brow raised before giving a disapproving shake of his head. Cae as well stared a tad disbelievingly at him. His mother however smiled, a hand quietly sliding over the back of his, giving him a soft pat. The euphoria of the occasion was short lived however as the court erupted into a soft cacophony of murmured whispers rippling through the masses upon not only Alice’s words but Meredydd’s snap decision.

Jareth jerked out of his chair, this time unphased and unmoving as the guards fingers dug into his shoulders once more. It didn’t stop the Prince, as his own voice boomed over the gathered, direct and spite filled at his father.

”You are such an asshole! And you wonder why I left. You’ve had the proof right in front of you, IF you did your job properly when I sent Amara home. Surely, as King, you launched your own investigation into her death or was I the only one that did that? That gave a shit enough to find out the truth? A truth that you saw further proof of just yesterday in the hospital. She’s not spinning a story, trying to save her own ass and you know it. She’s trying to save our people. She’s trying to save you from having who knows how much blood on your hands.....but sure, let’s sentence the one that’s trying to stop so much death....to death!”

Ianassa stood, her hand gripping Jareth’s arm and leveling a stern look on her son.

”Sit. Don’t make this worse.”

She commanded, forcing him to take a step back and only when he fell back into his chair with an angry grunt, did she turn the same stern look upon her husband and the rest of the council.

”Meredydd. As you are well aware, you can not harm, mentally or physically, Royal blood. That in and of itself is a punishable crime.”

Meredydd started back at his wife, his face stoic as he replied.

”She’s not and never will be Royal blood.”

There was a moment of silence. All eyes had turned to the Queen of Olseka in surprise and curiosity. It was rare that she spoke against her husband but she was not above it, even in a very public proceeding.

”Your twin grandchildren that are growing inside of her, even as we speak, are.”

"Even if you somehow know that this...this monster is pregnant by Adamaris," one of the shriveled members of the Royal Council barked back at Queen Ianassa, "it means nothing. Her progeny cannot possibly be royal blood because they are out of wedlock."

"Not like it matters anyway," Alice said defiantly, angered at his accusation and nearly ripping out the handcuffs in the process. "Because Adamaris has told me he is relinquishing all his claims to the throne." Then she froze as she realized that could mean their blood might not count as royal any more, and she just doomed herself with her big fat mouth. Luckily, she stopped herself from talking further.

"Silence! Do not speak for one of the royal family," the crone snapped. Alice glared, surmising that he was one of those men who would make all women stop talking if he could.

"The same should go for you," Meredydd glowered at his Councilman. "I will have order in my court while I reflect on this, and no one shall speak save me. Or. Else."

After he closed his eyes and rested his head on his folded hands, he stood up and proclaimed, "Whether their blood is royal or not...they will still eventually be my grandchildren, and I cannot abide destroying them before they have a chance to live. Therefore, I must amend the death sentence."

A tsunami sized sigh of relief erupted from one half of the crowd, while the other half threw things at Alice again.

"I SAID! NO ONE! Guards, escort anyone who spoke just now out of the building, and throw anyone who resists in jail," Meredydd boomed, the wind whipping through everyone's hair that was in front of him. "Now, where was I? Oh yes...on the other hand, some sort of punishment must be rendered, and as Ms. Guthrie explained herself, I cannot punish anyone save her, as I cannot blame all of humanity for the Battle of Sanctuary Trench. I also cannot detain a citizen of a foreign country without extraditing them under agreed treaties, which would risk war, something which I realize at long last that I am not prepared to gamble on. And so, Alice Guthrie's Key to Olseka is hereby revoked, and she will be permanently barred from entry into any city governed by this kingdom."

"She is the Destroyer that was prophesized! You cannot let her go free!" the crone wheezed before being dragged off by the guards.

"Before I render my sentence, however," Meredydd said without missing a beat, "I will permit the accused a few parting words."

Alice nodded. "Your Highness and may it please the Court," she spoke calmly, even as she was internally panicking about how she could have possibly forgotten to take her contraceptive potion, while simultaneously worrying about how this would pose a risk while Elizabeth was still out there and the world teetered on the brink of war. "By whatever name you may wish to know him- Prince Adamaris or Jareth Williams- I love this merman with all my heart and wish to spend the rest of my natural days by his side, as I know he will by mine. Because I know this will never drive him away from me, by doing this, Your Highness, you will miss so much. Our wedding. The birth of your first grandchildren. Any visitation with them. And your son seeing his sister become the Queen of All Seas. I have no further wish to speak to you ever again, as it appears you do not wish to engage with me, or change your mind much. I am, however, extending an open invitation to my newfound sister and mother to visit Palaidia Hall at any time they choose to. And now I will take my leave on the next WRR train out of here."

She was referring to the World Rim Railway, a series of dampfsteel steam-powered trains built in 1888 with the majority of funding provided by Jareth Industries. The final branch of the rail line that connected the world had been completed in 1889 and was still located underwater at Olseka, and provided a drop off and disembarking point for hundreds of thousands of people and merfolk each year. Trains that took this journey, like the Goliaths that had walked on the sea floor before them, had to be specially designed to resist the enormous pressures of billions of gallons of water nearly a mile below the surface, and so it would take a transfer to a land train over a long, equally water resistant bridge, but they would be able to return to Radiant in approximately a day's time.

All Meredydd did was nod at the guards to uncuff her, as she managed to shuffle her feet over to the bench where Jareth sat and sighed before resting her head on his shoulder, feeling defeated despite winning her freedom. Part of it was that it wasn't her words- the usual currency of her life- that had liberated her but a surprise pregnancy. But that wasn't the whole picture, and it bothered her deeply that she couldn't understand it.

Last edited:
Ianassa’s eyes rolled stoically toward the shriveled old bat that dared bark in her direction. A knowing smile creeping across her lips as she folded her hands before her and spoke calmly in return.

”Oh, you mean like your eldest progeny. Whom you had with the maid? She has Royal blood because sadly, part of her came from your shriveled, old, Royal sack? Poor child, I’m sure it’ll be a devastating blow for her to learn that by her fathers own words, she means nothing and isn’t Royal blood either?”

Her point was clear. Despite Adamaris and Alice not being married yet, did not mean that her grandchildren were not royals. They came from Royal blood, plain and simple, that meant they were just that, Royal blood. Winthrop was a fool and had always been a fool. Today, he was a mouthy fool and wanted to come after her son, who was by far more royal than his old, cranky, foolish ass would ever be. She met his intense glare with little more than a bat of her eyes and a pretty smile as a quiet wave of gasps and whispers rippled through the room at the revelation that his eldest daughter was in fact born of an affair.

She let her gaze shift to Alice as the girl spoke up. Not batting an eye at the revelation she delivered. Adamaris had left Olseka some time ago. They were all aware of his preference for the topside of life and she knew in her heart what Meredydd often tried to deny: That their son did not want to rule the seas. It was no real secret, not really.

Her attention drew back toward Winthrop and she snorted when he demanded that the girl not speak for a member of the royal family, the same member that he himself had just put down for all intents and purposes. A wide smile crept across her face when her husband spoke up, and when he fell silent to contemplate his decision, she finally settled into her seat beside Adamaris.

Jareth was slumped back in his chair, steaming. His gaze glaring across the court at his father. If looks could kill, his father would have dropped dead on sight.

Most of what his mother was saying was lost in the screaming rage roiling through him currently. Most of what she said. Her last statement landed like a rock upside his head and he blinked, his attention shifting in incredulous disbelief to the Queen, his lips dropping open as he stared at his mother for a long moment before darting to his soon to be wife and her belly. All he seemed to be able to do was gape for some time.

Until his mother settled beside him and gently patted beneath his chin. He clapped his mouth shut and turned excitedly curious eyes to her.

”She’s pregnant? Really pregnant? Wha....how?”

He stammered. Ianassa chuckled and nodded, that yes indeed, Alice really was with child, not just one but two. She could sense it.

”Do I really need to explain to you how, Adamaris?”

She chuckled and grinned cheekily. Adamaris’ brow pinched together softly as he stared back at his mother.

”Not what I meant, Mom. How do you know, for sure?”

Again, Ianassa chuckled and gently pat his cheek. She knew what he’d meant and it wasn’t easily explainable. Instead, she pat his arm and pointed below toward Alice.

”Pay attention son, as you always should to your wife, hmm.”

And he did, turned his attention solely onto Alice and listened. A smile dancing over his lips. She spoke the truth. Meredydd would miss as much of his grandchildren’s lives as he had missed his own son’s. And nothing stirred within him to change that. Not now anyways. He did glance at his sister and mother, nodding a confirmation of the offer that Alice had extended to them. Though he knew Cae would likely never venture up. She’d never cared for it the way that he did.

When she was released and she’d settled against his lap, he held her. Stroked her hair and back as they watched the court room emptying. His family included and only when they were all gone, save for the guards at the doors, he gently eased her back. His hands cupping her face. He kissed her tenderly and leaned back.

”I think it’s time to go home.”

A hand dropped and caressed lovingly against her stomach as he smiled brightly.

”All of us.”

Alice sighed, “Agreed” as if her lungs were being deflated. On the train ride home, she leaned her head on Jareth’s shoulder, a cauldron of feelings bubbling around her entire body while she realized that the last of her defenses were crumbling. She did respond to basic questions asked by Ianassa about the situation on the surface, intensely read a newspaper that explained that Yusef (the newly crowned Sultan of Midvadir) had been deposed by military force in a coup de etat by his father Hanuku’s Iron Commander, and nodded and marveled in the close up view of krakens, whales, dolphins, sharks and other marine life going about their business. But her contributions to the conversation were very sparing.

Once the sea train docked at Port Faiceira, the eponymous capital of the small, rural, remotely inhabited island Alliance nation of Faiceira, in preparation for the arrival of the train from Caledoria’s southwest port of Ilgamish, Jareth insisted that they all have lunch at a popular restaurant called Maximas! Maximas!’s slogan in the native Ceirani tongue meant “Maximum value, minimal price” and they each got hearty servings of seafood rice plated on a clam shaped bowl. Then later, Alice got to spend some time sunning herself on one of the many private, forested beaches on the island before Jareth, sensing Alice’s distance, purposefully took a bucket of water and splashed it on her. That considerably improved both their moods, and Alice was a bit more chatty until they arrived at Ilgamish. Then they spent the night at a fancy cottage within walking distance of Ilgamish’s public beach as the train experienced a mechanical problem that Jareth promised to have his top men look into.

The next day, after they arrived at the Palaidia Grounds station just outside Palaidia Hall and Radiant, Alice begged off helping Jareth tour Ianassa around the Hall and said she needed to collect some remaining items from her old South Bend apartment, but reluctantly agreed to have John and a few armed Jareth Industries guards go with her. John in turn insisted that Octavia go with him despite the ice between her and Jareth.

When they got to her old address (after bribing just the right amount of RPD officers), Alice tried to keep from crying but failed. Her once beautiful flat and bedroom were now completely obliterated by the fiery sterilization of South Bend to contain what the Imperial government was now calling the “mer flu.” She was happy she had found a new place and was getting a husband, but so many memories, experiments, case files stored here were gone forever. And then, finally, in front of John and Octavia, Alice wailed what had been building up inside her for so long.

“I- I can’t be a mother! I don’t have any business getting married either! What the hell am I doing?!”

As they grew closer to the top side, Jareth grew anxious. Something that his mother noticed and pulled him to the side to find out what the problem was. Her mother’s intuition had been spot on when he confessed he was anxious about having to take the ring back that currently rested on Alice’s finger.

Logically he knew that she knew what it meant and that he most certainly needed it back once they reached land but for some reason, it still ate him to have to ask for it. Ianassa produced one of the few things she’d gathered when she decided that she would take Alice and Jareth up on the offer to come topside with them.

Ianassa handed over his great-grandmother’s old ring with a calming chuckle and explanation, then literally pushed him back toward where they’d been sitting and let him handle the situation. It wasn’t often she’d seen her son nervous about anything, even in the face of his fathers commanding presence, but she thought it endearing none-the-less that he was worried that her soon-to-be daughter-in-law would think he might have a touch of cold fin if he left her finger ringless, once he’d already asked.

She gave them their moment before she made her way back and settled, watching as the train moved through the waters, a proud smile on her lips. Meredydd has been wrong, she’d known it even at the hospital, but he’d been wrong, their son did love Alice, she had known it then and even more so now.

While Adamaris and Alice played on the beach, Ianassa had begged off the fun in the sun, instead heading inland on the island to do some shopping. While she had a few things in her bag, she didn’t have near enough that didn’t scream royalty and while it had been a while since she’d been top side, she knew she’d need a few more things in order to help her blend in a little better than that.

Once the tour was given of Palaidia Hall, Jareth showed his mother to her room. Standing in the doorway as she got her stuff settled, his arms crossed, he asked her adamantly if she intended to stay awhile.

”Are you sure? Because....”

”Spit it out, Adamaris.”

Ianassa turned to face her son, leaving her bag at the foot of the bed, only partially emptied.

”I’m going to be sending the King a letter, one he won’t take kindly to. You’ll be stuck here for a while. Not indefinitely but if you want to go home, it’ll have to be any other way than by the train.”

His mother eyed him quietly before nodding. While she didn’t necessarily think it a good idea, whatever her boy was planning, she knew it would be foolhardy to try to change his mind, on anything when it came to the tensions between Meredydd and him. She watched a moment as Adamaris turned on his heels and disappeared from the room.

He limped his way to his office. He had a few calls to make, communique to send out. First being to stop all trains going to Olseka. Any that we’re currently in motion were to turn around, bring their riders back to land, al others were to cease travel to the underwater city. Second, was a message to be sent to his father that was short and none too sweet. ”The train stops here. If my wife, children and I aren’t allowed home anymore....neither is my business.”

”Tough luck old man.....”

He murmured to the room around him as he made his third connection. He needed a new cane, only one man could supply one like he’d had before and thankfully, he still had the schematics of the previous one and would get right to work on it, he would have it in a few days.

On the trip to South Bend, Octavia and John shared the news with Alice of their own impending marriage. Admittedly it felt odd for Octavia to say it, it was one thing she’d never really thought she’d do but truth was, she loved Paio as much as she loved Adamaris. She also knew that John would not lock her down or try to the way that Jareth would have. She knew John was more than willing to have that open relationship between them. He had always been more open in those terms, whereas, she knew that Jareth wasn’t always so willing.

The condition of not only Alice’s apartment but the city as a whole, seemed to have shaken Octavia a little more than one would think. John, however, having learned why the Imperial government thought such extreme measures were necessary, nearly blew a gasket.

”Mer flu? Are you fucking kidding me?”

He muttered through clinched teeth while Octavia clutched against his arm. Both in an attempt to lean on him but to keep him from doing something stupid as well. She could see it in his eyes how it affected him.

Both of them however turned their attention to Alice when she wailed. Octavia rushing to her side, settling in the rubble beside her as her arms curled around the young woman and pulled her close. Offering a soft stroke of her hair and shoulder.

”There, there love.”

She murmured, letting the wailed statement settle between the three of them, her eyes in John. Considering their own recent mishap, one that she had not as of yet spoken about to anyone except John.

Her eyes danced over him quietly and he could see her contemplating, a soft shake of his head indicated she shouldn’t bring it up, knowing that she probably would anyways.

”You....you don’t have to go through with having those babies if you don’t want to, Alice. I know a guy that can take care of it for you.”

John sighed softly, with a shake of his head.

”Jareth won’t go for it and you know it, O. He wants kids, has for almost as long as I’ve known him. He’ll be pissed and especially at you for suggesting it.”

Octavia’s shoulders rolled lightly. Not entirely keen on John’s declaration against her. She also knew his words were accurate. Jareth did want kids, something she had denied him multiple times, something Amara had denied him as well but it was their right to do so, just as it was Alice’s right to do so if she so chose.

”He doesn’t have to know how she lost them. It could be an accident, a fall would work just as well.....or telling him so anyways.”

”So you want her to lie to him?”

Clearly John was having reservations about it and that unsettled Octavia. Her attention turned to Alice, brushing a hand along her cheek.

”What he doesn’t know, won’t hurt him. Jareth survived me, if you want to do this, he will survive it as well. In the end, it is your choice but yes, if you do it, I think it would be prudent to lie to him. He can be a right ass and a pain in the ass more often than not but we don’t want to hurt him either.”

She shifted her attention to John once again, giving him a quiet but stony look.

”And you shan’t tell him either, or you won’t be getting any from me....or anyone else for that matter.”

Her right hand lifted away from its stroking pets against Alice, her fingers forming and imitating a pair of scissors. John knew well enough what she was getting at and he knew her well enough to know that she was at the very least half joking. He might not lose his dick but she wouldn’t hesitate to hurt him in some fashion.

He gave her a quietly cold look before turning and making his way back to the carriage that had brought them here from the air strip. But not before he left a few parting words aimed at Alice.

”If you do this, don’t ever let him know. It’ll crush him. I disagree with O, it’s not your decision alone. Maybe talk to him instead before you decide. Adamaris loves you. I know that without a doubt and if he ever were to find out you went behind his back to do this, that would flat break his heart.”

“It...it would,” Alice murmured. “But on the other hand, we really shouldn’t be having children with Elizabeth on the loose and the world on the brink of war. I should have been more careful, more logical...and I need to think more about this. Read up a bit.”

She found one book on natural biology that had miraculously survived the column of fire, and flipped to the section on merfolk.

“Aha!” Alice proclaimed. Science once again had the answers. “Due to cultural prohibitions inhibiting self reporting, data on...oh, oh dear...data on heterosexual human-merfolk interbreeding is rare, but from a small sample of couples, scientists at the University of Cardenath have estimated that interspecies pregnancies can last around six months for human females impregnated by mer fathers and eight months for mer females impregnated by human fathers. In all cases of successful births where the hybrids- well, aren’t we clinical- did not fatally swim out of the mother’s stomach- AH!- significant protrusion in the females’ girths only lasted for the last two months but could suddenly accelerate until, after an AVERAGE of seventy two hours of labor, the infant or infants would swim out into the world, dragging their umbilical cords and placentas behind them at high speed.”

Alice gulped after closing the book, “Well, that’s much better than the twelve months my minotaur fiancé told me to expect, but it seems as though our...situation...has advantages and disadvantages. I shall have to think about this further.”

“CITIZENS!” bellowed a Goliath that stomped by, causing the Jareth Security guards to nervously raise their rifles, even though they knew the metal monstrosity could blow them away with ease. “This area is restricted. Surrender yourselves immediately for a two week quarantine or you will be fired upon on suspicion of infection.”

“Hey, morons!” Alice cried. “We have permits to be here. Or do I have to take this up with your bosses?!”

“Uh, our mistake,” the driver said after kneeling his Goliath down to look at her papers. “Would you like a ride back home to Palaidia Hall?”

“That would be much appreciated, thanks.”

Octavia stood, hands on her hips as she watched John making his way back to the carriage. Her head tilted slightly. She couldn’t be too upset with him, he had every right to disagree with her, he was by far closer to Jareth, as friends anyways. She rather enjoyed that he hadn’t backed down from his thoughts but she knew he wouldn’t say a word to Jareth either. A faint smile curling her painted lips as she turned her attention back toward Alice, preparing to encourage her that they should make way for the carriage as well.

”Considerably better indeed. Still, too long for me and that’s why John and I decided to take care of the thing that was in my belly.”

A hand reached out and she reached her nails against Alice’s arm, drawing her attention away from the book she held.

”Now see, that’s why you should have been with me. No babies to be had between us, just fun times.”

She winked, a salacious grin blossoming across her lips. Even as she hooked her thumb toward the carriage.

”Alas though, we should both get back to our rather virile and potent boys, hmm? I’m sure the......”

Her voice drowned out by the bellowing Goliath, to which she turned and cast an uncaring look up at. Her gaze shifted back to Alice a moment, a hand brushing against her arm as she leaned in briefly.

”I’ll ride with you, but give me a minute. I’m going to send John on.”

Without waiting for the younger woman’s reply, she sashayed away toward the carriage to let John know she would be riding back to Palaidia Hall with Alice, telling him to go on, she would meet him there and they would talk later. Though John wasn’t entirely happy about it, he glanced around Octavia at Alice’s tear stained face and nodded, agreeing that he’d meet her back at home. She returned and accompanied her friend aboard the Goliath, settling in beside her for the ride.

Back
Top Bottom