Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

In the Shadow of the Ocean (CasualVelociraptor x PhoenixRising82)

Alice and Jareth meet to discuss the matter he needs her expertise for- January 1893
  • Alice did nothing more than nod to John's statements, not paying much attention to the man's sarcasm or to his serious face either other than noting that he had made them. Instead she paid attention to his words and started to grow curious about why Jareth did in fact, have a limp; but she didn't show it. If Paio didn't know better, then he would have thought that Alice was the corpse being delivered to Palaidia Hall instead of Amara, for she was that still in her seat.

She did express some perturbation at one thing she noticed outside the window of the carriage that she slumped against, however: a sign for Power Philters (often just called philters), elixirs by the mysterious Future Fountains LLC that proclaimed the catchy slogan of "Evolve Today!" These had been popping up all over the place in Radiant City lately, promising those who quaffed them superpowers depending on what they drank. After downing something apparently tasting like a mixture of castor oil and iron, and then keeping their stomachs empty due to reported vomiting fits if they ate anything for a day after use, those who imbibed would in fact be able to shoot fire, ice, or electricity from their fingers, lift things with their mind, and more, and sales of the stuff had skyrocketed as a result. Alice had a hunch that something was not right about these drinks, however, and so had abstained despite going against the grain in South Bend, where these new abilities were cheaper and easier to use than guns or melee weapons and were reportedly helping empty the streets at night. Now, however, advertisements for them were spreading outside the city, and that concerned her more.

The only thing that dispelled the feeling was spotting Palaidia Hall. She had to hand it to Jareth: he knew how to proclaim that he had the biggest and best toys on the block. As it pulled up to the unusual gate, the carriage passed by a Goliath, also called a walker, a fifty foot tall walking Imperial troop transport vehicle belching black smoke into the otherwise clear blue sky, making the ground shake with its ponderous feet, and sporting enough mounted heavy repeating guns and artillery to level an entire village. Jareth's house dwarfed it from what she could tell, and she hardly blinked at its imposing architecture. The automations patrolling the grounds rivaled anything the military had too, but this time Alice betrayed a smile at seeing their sophisticated gears and behaviors and observing every detail of their movements. Even if Jareth fired all his human security personnel, she mused to herself, he would never need a gun or a philter like the common folk in the docks he ruled because he could most likely hunker down here and have his tinpot soldiers stop entire battalions of his opponents.

Once she was led into the parlor, Alice stopped in her tracks, the pale, unmoving woman on the couch that Jareth was caressing affectionately giving her something to look at other than his eyes, which she noted with a glance were on a face rather strewn with stubble, belying a man wrapped in comfortable clothes and surroundings such as himself.

"Mr. Williams, it's so good to finally make your acquaintance," Alice said in her accent, rough-hewn by street life despite her self-taught vocabulary. Dispensing with further pleasantries as she understood him to be a very business oriented man, she said, her voice starting to ask a question but then warping it mid-sentence, "You've called me here to find this woman's killer. I won't ask why you've moved her from where she was found on the dock" (said after spotting a particular type of dried Radiant River mud on her boots) "as that is not my place. However, I must inform you that this will place some limitations on the information I am able to supply you. If this is not what you need me for, please inform me now; otherwise, I will need you to tell me everything you know about the victim and how she was found this morning, and then I shall begin my examination."

She said this as if it was as obvious as the light of the sun that this is what he'd called her for. Perhaps it was, but Alice braced for the powerful man to tell her off if he believed she was wrong and his opinion was all that counted here.

Last edited:
    Jareth insists on taking Amara's body home, but allows Alice to take samples.
  • John started forward when he saw the cane jerked from Jareth’s grip. Concern etched across his brow as without a second thought he started to speak.

”Ad....”

Even as Jareth was struggling to keep from stumbling, he waved a sharp, warning hand at his friend, stopping him in his tracks. Sure, they weren’t in public but they were in the presence of someone neither of them really knew. He offered John a look that said clearly he was fine.

His attention averted back to Alice as she lifted the fallen cane back to him. Offering her a soft huff as his fingers curled around the ornate octopus head, an almost identical replica of the gates she’d pass through earlier. It tapped softly against the floor as he righted himself.

No sooner than he had done so, she was brushing past him. Unsettling his stance only briefly this time. The look she gave was duly noted with a soft dip of his head. His lips pressed together and twitched at the corner, a silent apology or at the very least something akin to one. Coming from someone like Jareth, that was saying something.

He straightened and stepped back, out of the path of her pacing. He’d noted her strength the first time she’d passed and knew they’d be like two ships colliding in the seas if he’d stayed put.

His fingers splayed briefly before wrapping once more around the head of the cane, so tight his knuckles began to whiten, as he watched her knife slice through Amara’s skin again. He bit his tongue, halting the command to stop from forming. Instead turning to listen to her theory.

If there was any reaction to her words, it was an inward, unseen jerk, as if he’d been mentally slapped. His thoughts earlier had been easy enough to dismiss, to brush aside as if they’d never existed. However, hearing it, verbally, come from someone else....he drew in a deep breath, leaning forward slightly against the cane before his tongue dragged across dry lips and he turned away from Alice toward John and addressed him matter-of-factly.

”It’s time. Take Amara home.”

John nodded, his lips forming a quiet, stoic line as he set into motion and crossed the short expanse in a matter of seconds.

As John lifted the smaller, lifeless body into his arms and carried her from the room, Jareth turned to face Alice once more. He was quiet for a moment as he made his way back to the chair he’d been sitting in, whisking his hand out to an opposing chair for her to take as he spoke.

”The samples you have will have to do but I am curious what can we hope to get from said samples? What is the process?”

He asked curiously, leaning back to watch the detective, waiting and wondering if she would challenge him in his decision.

Alice eats brunch and dinner and makes herself at home in Palaidia Hall
  • Still feeling residual warmth from the electricity that went into her hands after he touched her palm with his own and glanced shoulders with her, Alice told herself in her mind, NO! Bad Alice. He just lost somebody he really cared about, and you would be human scum to take advantage of that. Still, it felt nice to be touched by somebody she didn't pay to do it, even if the gestures involved were completely innocent.

After taking a long time to carefully consider all his statements, the detective replied with a wide smile, "The Octavia Richards? The very same one who mastered powered heavier than air flight twenty years ago, when everybody said not only that no one could do it, but that a woman would never break ground in that field?"

This was even more in its infancy than the hundred year old principles of lighter than air flight that the slowly spreading airships relied on, but aeroplanes had come a long way since Octavia's first ornithopters two decades ago flew for barely a minute at a time for a hundred yards under hand power. They hadn't been widely adopted due to high production costs making them prohibitively expensive, but the potential for their use in both military and civilian applications was even more promising to Alice than zeppelins, as much as she appreciated them for the ability to cheaply take people places (including, hopefully, her).

"I am so excited to meet her whenever she does arrive, and pick her brain not only on how these machines work so as to better solve the case, but also what it feels like to fly, as I've always looked up to her and want to be like her. And speaking of better solving the case...I'll be sure to go down to the docks tomorrow and to her ship to interview the crew, away from their boss, to see what might be up." Then she also was very agreeable to the sleeping arrangements

When it came time for Alice to put in her lunch order, she requested the one recipe she'd enjoyed and could occasionally have while in her time in the Imperial Army: Surabamban spicy dragon. This dish was usually taken from the fillet meat of any dragon (in this case, legally hunted Raeybekite polar dragons from within the Empire, which were a bit tougher and less common than Confederate Northern taiga dragons, but also wouldn't stir up an international incident if killed) fired up in a metal wok- which, surprisingly, he had- with Zadrian death peppers, which were spicy enough to tenderize the muscles on their own.

It was then served on a bed of rice with green onions, ginger, curry powder, onion powder, sesame seeds, and yuul (an aromatic liquid made from ground up and strained Surabamban night blossom, or yuulflon, that balanced the acidity of the peppers with a buttery flavor and had become popular in Caledoria due to milk factory strikes making the government have to ration milk, butter and cheese across Radiant). A huge lunch spread was soon prepared, laying out a massive spread of bats, pork, dragon, duck, and various seasonal fruits and vegetables in addition to Alice's dish, which John enjoyed a taste of but Jareth thought was too hot for his blood. (Curiously, there was no seafood, and when Alice asked Xen2 why he refused to answer. Also, the bats were at John's request, which made Alice raise an eyebrow, but they were delicious. And John assured her that these were bats who had a good life eating mosquitoes in the attic, and there were plenty more where that came from.)

She was not used to eating so lavishly, so while she tried little bits of everything, she requested that a lot of the food be boxed up and sautéed once again on the stove for whenever it came time for dinner. It was an old habit from when she'd tried to help make ends meet for her indisposed sister Rose and young brother Edward in lean times when, after her father was crushed by gambling debts after the death of her mother, he had to sell their childhood house for a cramped flat and stretch every meal out. She'd carried over that habit into life on the streets busking with her father's old violin in the UnderTram, as people took to calling heavy, underground trains as opposed to the above ground FlatTram system made up of above ground streetcars, bridge trains, and cross country trains and the SkyTram, a series of magnetized rails above the hustle and bustle where people with grappling hooks such as Alice's could ride freely to their destinations.

In the hours between lunch and dinner, Alice buried her nose in book after book; mostly nonfiction but also some of the latest fantastical fiction about the science of the future from such authors as J.K. Emmett and the adventures of his likable mad scientist Dr. Illiakov and old favorites from the female writer Claudia Hill, who brought a patented mixture of magic, mystery, romance, and action for her heroic archaeologist Abigail Woods more than thirty years ago. She didn't read them in depth yet, but she knew there would be time and piled her cart high with books of all sorts for her to read when she hauled them to her bedroom.

And when dinner came around and the boys were enjoying new meals and she was gnoshing on her leftovers, Alice could have sworn that John was sitting next to her, closer than he'd been at lunch. She caved to a couple glasses of 1862 vintage wine from the Ultradt Valley at Jareth's insistence, which was the first time she had anything fancier than beer in some time, and true to his suggestion paired well with her food. Wine of any vintage had been hard to come by since the Imperial-Alliance of Free States trade war earlier this year, but of course where there was a checkbook, Jareth made a way. And it made the way for Alice to laugh at nothing in particular with all of them, touch John's broad shoulders and shimmy her own in response to his compliments on her analysis of the situation, and even dance a little on the table when she decided to experiment with whether her whole weight could be supported by it and declared it a success before the boys could get too much of a show.

After that, and walking nearly the whole of the front lawn to observe stars she'd never seen before in the brisk but refreshing night away from the light pollution of the city, Alice went to her room, stripped, showered, and curled up in bed in a very translucent nightgown while reading another Abigail Woods adventure. Within an hour she was already a third of the way through the three hundred page tome.

Last edited:
    John cums for Alice later that night while thinking about Amara
  • She had no idea how right she was, how powerful his load could be. The reminder wiggled its way into his drunken, sex fueled brain. He would have to pull out, most women he bedded wouldn’t think twice about the effects it would have on them should he shoot his load inside them but she was smart, chances of her figuring it out were considerably higher and then she would quite literally have him by the balls. And neither he nor Adamaris knew which side of that fence she sat on just yet, whether she was receptive to their kind or not.

As she rode him, his lips traveled across her neck and shoulders. Hands gripping her hips and ass, fingers leaving soft impressions as he jerked forward to meet her thrusts. Leaving a trail of hot kisses along her collar bone and chest until he practically consumed her left tit, tongue flickering over her nipple relentlessly.

He could feel himself achingly pulsing inside of her. His balls tightening as he shifted over her. Teeth nipping gently against her chest as his pelvis slammed against hers. Her walls stroking him with each thrust, quickly drawing him closer.

Kisses and nips trailed higher along her chest, over her collar bone and shoulder. His tongue tasting the salty sweat coating along her throat until he was panting against her ear. His arms shaking as he held himself over her, he suckled her earlobe between his teeth, a low growling groan caressed her skin. His cock twitching with each cry from her lips, encouraging him. And he lost himself in those cries, the euphoric feel of her slick walls tightening against his dick and the slap of his balls against her flesh, all coherent thought fled as climax threatened to consume him, right then and there.

”Ohhh....Fuck.......Amara”

The breathy cry came before he could stop it and it gave him a moments pause, his head dropping to rest against her shoulder. A mumbled apology breathed across her neck before he pulled away, groaning as her muscles tightened around him as he pulled out of her.

Not every drop made it into the cup as he fumbled for it, some dropping on the bed between her legs before he could give her the sample she needed. His eyes pinning her, seeing her and not Amara even as he stroked himself to finish the job. His breathing began to slow as he sat back on his feet, his eyes closing as a heavy breath escaped.

Alice has a nightmare about her past, but goes for a swim the next morning
  • John's expert lips sucking directly at her breast and other sensitive spots on her upper body made Alice's orgasm even more intense and prolonged the aftershocks, such that it took a minute of being in a daze for Alice to realize that John had said Amara's name while climaxing.

"It's okay, John," Alice said while they both came back to reality from the utopia of pleasure and lust that they'd discovered together. "In the right light, I get mistaken for a blonde all the time." Then she cupped his head, looked at him seriously, kissed him, and held him tight as she said, "I know...I know exactly how hard it is to lose someone you care about. I wish I didn't, but I do."

Nightmarish visions of the Dollmaker danced through her head as she continued, “I won't replace her, and I don't want to even try. I care about you as a friend...who I like to have fun with. I think that's exactly what we both need right now." Then she cuddled herself up to him, and cooed, "I had a great night, and I know I will sleep well with you here." As the energy left her and she started to fall asleep, she turned her back to John and wrapped his arm around her waist to become his little spoon. She hoped he would stay, as she had hired many people to do so (after sex of course) because she couldn't bear to be alone with her thoughts at night.

Even with John next to her, however, Alice couldn't escape her nightmare tonight. She was back under the ocean, in that abominable diving suit that was much too tight, forced to give a high pitched wail since words could not be communicated through the water, and also shooting shadowy replicas of the mermaids she murdered with her rivet gun and spear gun, hearing their screams again.

Reliving Operation Trench Fall made Alice wake up just before the sun in a sweat and hyperventilating. She then looked down at John sadly, kissed him, and decided that a swim in the outdoor pool on the front lawn that she had spotted while touring the grounds yesterday would do her some good. She used to love swimming as a kid in their childhood pool before being moved to an area where the river water was decided not safe for swimming, and hopefully once she revisited this pleasure, her mind would be cleared of the blood on her hands, and her shame and survivor's guilt, at least for the time being. At the very least it felt refreshing to feel the cold water on her naked skin and the air rushing to meet it whenever she surfaced.

Last edited:
    Jareth pervs on Alice from his bedroom window as she bathes in his outdoor pool
  • His gaze shifted toward the skies as the heavens unleashed their tears. A minor distraction as he leaned his shoulder against the edge of the window. His hand adjusting his twitching crotch.

He had half a mind to step away as Alice slid back beneath the surface of the water. Her nude frame only slightly obscured by the clear rippling waters. He would have in fact, had her furtive glances not caught his attention and curiosity.

He felt his cock twitch a little harder as he watched her hand caressing, gripping the tender mounds of flesh, fingers brushing and teasing over her nipples. His gaze following the path her other hand took over her belly to swollen pink mound.

His hand gripped the top of his cane, a low growl forming in his throat. He knew he should walk away, contain the animal growing in the pit of his stomach as he’d done plenty of times before. He was in mourning and she had been with John last night but he was still a man, one that hadn’t sated his needs in weeks.

The soft clack of cane against the unused glass jars on the window sill rattled in time with a soft clap of thunder as he set it aside, unfastening his belt and button, his hardened cock bouncing out as the zipper lowered.

His gaze remained locked on Alice, no furtive glances to make sure no one was watching because he didn’t care if anyone was. He swept his palm up along the underside of his shaft, thumb teasing over the swollen head as he pressed it against his belly with a soft groan.

Her cries drifted through the thin pane of glass, falling against his sensitive ears the same way the water fell against her flesh. He gripped himself, stroking with a slow and intent purpose. He closed his eyes, allowing images of the darling detective to dance through his mind. Imagining her beneath him, imagining it was her hand gripping his cock in heated demand as his mouth hungrily consumed each tit in turn. A clap of thunder raced across the sky in tandem with the beat of his heart and breath. Once the image was burned into his brain, he let his eyes open, focusing once again on the object of his current primal desire.

Jareth cums for Alice for the first time, as he could swear she does...
  • While he watched, he noted the care she took on herself. Noted how she pleased herself. The way her hands moved over and into her body. Storing the information away....should the need for it truly arise later.

All the while, still imagining his hands and mouth on her. Their bodies rocking together in an erotic dance. Shared touches and strokes.

His chest rose and fell heavier and heavier the more he stroked, fingertips teasing over skin and head, his grip tightening as he watched her own speed change. His hips rocking softly in time with his strokes. All adding to the fantasy of him fucking her senseless....and he would if the opportunity ever presented itself.

He could feel the muscles spasming in his grasp, the tightening of his balls as she lay quivering on his lawn, as she would lay quivering beneath him...eventually. And while a short time ago he’d realized he could no longer hear her, he could of sworn her lips formed his name as she came.

A breathy, hitching groan rattled from deep in his chest, echoing in the empty room around him as he felt himself cresting. Leaning forward, his strokes slowed as he lifted one of the jars from its spot. Using it to catch the fruits of his own climax as he settled back against the wall, slowly stroking himself dry.

Taking a deep breath, he watched Alice until she disappeared back into the manor. Carefully tucking himself back into his slacks as he buttoned back up, he chuckled, dropping the lid onto the jar.

His lips pursing in thought, he carried it to his desk. Retrieving first, Octavia’s reply. Taking note she’d be along in two weeks to set up the telegraph lines and that she too was anxious to hear Alice’s thoughts on the equipment and how well it all worked.

Leaving it on the desk, he found a spare piece of blank paper, jotting a small note upon it before making his way from the office, down in the elevator and into the lab.

He set the note down on a nearby table and the jar of his seed on the corner of of the paper.

When she found it, it would read, in flowing print:

As requested, my little swimmers. Brought to you by your swim session.

JDW

He took a minute to pay attention to the sea life swimming about in the aquariums before climbing the stairs back to the main floor, a soft whistle on his lips.

Alice questions several of Amara's coworkers at Jareth's dockyards, only for two of them to escape
  • Alice's fake smile dropped off as he informed her that her lunch was here and invited her back into the room to dine with him.

She turned around as he requested, but gave Jareth a dismissive sideways glance before rolling her eyes at his "rawr" and his very cocky demeanor (and as she thought of that, Alice knew exactly the pun that popped up into her head and tamped it down).

Then she said, "Well, as delightfully tempting as having lunch with you sounds right now, I've suddenly lost my appetite. Besides, I heard that John is going down to the docks to check up on operations, and this will give me a perfect opportunity to try and gain some information from Amara's crew.

"So..." she said, hooking her thumb away from him. "I've gotta go. I'll see you this evening. Xen, please save my lunch again for dinner."

She bounded down the steps two at a time, got lost fairly quickly in the cavernous mansion, and then grinned ear to ear upon spotting John. They had a fun chat on the carriage ride back to the docks about even more embarrassing Jareth stories (modified from their original happenings in their retelling by John) and about him spotting her naked (minus the masturbation; as much as Alice was comfortable around John, she didn't want to make things too awkward between the two friends).

Once they arrived at Dock 17 and the JI Intrepid (Amara's ship that she captained for Jareth Industries, hence the JI prefix to the ship's name). It was a mighty whaling trawler, the pinnacle of man's increasing technological domination over the world. It used its onboard gatling guns and mega harpoons to subdue the mighty whales, the most powerful creature in nature, then deployed massive mechanical arms from the sides to haul it up in a sling until it was dragged down below and hacked up by all manner of blades. Even now, there was a ritual display of a groaning, half-carved, and yet somehow alive whale being pecked at by a swarm of opportunistic dragamanders and spiderflies that made Alice almost want to give up meat entirely as she saw part of how whale sausage (after the blubber was peeled off and melted into whale oil to light homes, fuel stovetops, and heat all sorts of steam machinery) was made.

But Alice kept her stomach and her iron will together, and remained completely dispassionate as she broke off from John to let him assess operations and give her the chance to question everyone on board. Nobody wanted to say much individually, as the fact that she'd been seen with Jareth's right hand man meant that they knew that she would be reporting anything they said back to him, and so they had to be judicious in their phrasing. But in aggregate, the picture that was painted was actually useful.

Later, just before dinner was scheduled to be served, Alice went back up to Jareth's study and explained that many crew members had been noticing that Amara was increasingly withdrawn from mingling with the crew, and spent a lot of time by herself in her quarters. Most of them assumed she was just busy and didn't question what was going on, but a few had seen her out on the docks alone in the middle of the night (but never on scheduled double light days), and some of those crew could have sworn she was talking to someone.

Two workers had evaded her questioning, and Alice asked that Jareth find the one man covered in boils and another man who wore nothing but heavy coats while on a ship constantly spewing hot gases. She'd noticed that both of them had a mysterious mark on their left hands and requested that she accompany Jareth's security team to apprehend them tomorrow, as the Radiant City Police Department were so overwhelmed with their backlog of cases that they, as usual, could not be relied upon.

Last edited:
    Alice finally receives the analysis of the mud sample from the docks
  • Alice now remembered, as she furiously created piles of paper in the laboratory, which constituted her attempt at working while she was running on fumes, how she’d slapped Jareth, hoping he’d feel that one for days and then would think twice before ogling her again.

She hadn’t known in that moment whether she wanted to kiss him or kill him for his pithy yet biting remarks, but a slap had gotten out some of her aggression as she’d walked away to find John before they left for the docks. It hadn’t worked- she still felt both impulses towards Jareth- and now John was down in the basement with her, trying to be nice, and it made her queasy again.

She reached back to stroke the hand on her shoulder as she said, “Give him my thanks. And thank you as well for checking on me, but I’ll be fine down here. Don’t wait up for me.” Alice now kissed John’s cheek and sent him away. After masturbating again to try to get both the boys out of her head, Alice fell asleep on a pile of books in the lab, covered mainly by a plastic tarp.

The next day, Alice was locked and loaded with her ARA (Auto Reloading Armaments) super scattergun, which could eject and load old and new cartridges of slugs or buckshot without the need for users to utilize their other hand via magnetic diodes. But she, Jareth, John, and a four person Jareth Security team were unable to find the two workers Alice had sought.

They were in the wind now, and the next day, Alice read that two strider officers were killed in South Bend when their mechanical legs were melted by fire and yanked out from under them by “natural forces unknown.” At least so said the government, likely in an attempt to prevent panic. That meant Alice felt any additional death was on her and scrambled all night and then most of the day after that to birth the results from the mud sample analysis.

Some of the machine’s readouts were confusing (and only partially due to Alice’s lack of sleep), but she eventually managed to translate their abbreviations into Common Caledorian. And then, she finally managed to convince herself to get out of the basement, because she finally had a reason to. After eating chicken wings and a bowl of vegetables and pasta that Xen chased her with while on the move somehow, and then making sure her teeth were clean, she asked where they were, and then charged across the enormous mansion to the study, where she found the boys with their feet up.

“Alright, it’s been four days since I put the mud sample into the machine,” Alice explained, unexpectedly panting from her exertion as she soon sat between both boys on the couch. “And uh...phew. Here are five different places she likely went. Some of them are rather- far afield from Radiant City.”

The notes were all there. The mud contained traces from the banks of South Bend; Ikala Town, just south across the Caledoria Bay in the Alliance; Lesser Caledoria Island to the northeast (which, belying its name when it was discovered in AC 1573, was actually a nearly continent sized landmass), another Caledorian territory just to the east called Raeybek (only one of two on the old Orngath continent of the eastern hemisphere, the other being Surabamba thousands of miles away), and the alternate dock for Jareth’s fleet in Edinar, just southwest of Radiant on Great Caledoria.

The one place that wasn’t accounted for, that the Intrepid had never been scheduled to go, was the port of Halanunja to the east. It was one of the few bustling western facing ports in the Ananki Confederation. But why had Amara taken the trawler to the territory of a nation Caledoria had a fraught relationship and bloody history with? What was she hiding?

Alice wondered that herself as she watched Jareth read the results while leaning her head on John’s shoulder as the fireplace licked their toes with heat.

Last edited:
    Alice gets high and begins flirting with both the boys
  • At first, Alice stared at him blankly and attempted to form a snarky comeback. Then she pursed her lips at Jareth; she once again didn’t know whether that look was intended for her to shout at him or laugh with him, as her brain was processing things more slowly, but still lucidly, while high.

But after the rough day they all had, Alice decided to pick her battles, throw her head back as her hand squeezed the knee given to it and thus his hand that was intertwined with it, and giggled.

“You’re goooooofyyyy,” Alice said sluggishly in her impaired state, turning onto her side and laughing louder. Then she lifted her right hand up to her face and said, “But you totally would if given the chance, you dog!” To elucidate, Alice waggled her tongue between her fingers to simulate eating someone out and chuckled some more, although she’d honestly find anything funny while high.

This caused her to lose her balance somewhat and then rapidly throw her left hand up to steady herself. It soon landed on his arm and her head was now on his right shoulder while her right leg ended up falling over his right, placing her crotch directly on his surprisingly toned thigh, while her other hand landed on his other leg, a bit closer to his hip. Alice was laughing her head off the whole time.

Last edited:
    Alice relentlessly sucks John's cock
  • Alice only snatched back a moment of lucidity when she was placed against the couch by Jareth with strength she didn’t know he had for someone with a cane, and then he walked away. She used it to flip him off for his insufferable joking, but just before John enfolded her she also reflected on what the hell had just happened. What fire had almost sparked into life between her and the titan of industry.

A little lick on her nipple, a caress on her breast, a hand that threatened to claim the source of her pleasure, heck, even just a kiss on the forehead had made her jelly in his hands.

If John hadn’t been there to intervene and stake his claim to her, then Alice was both excited and filled with trepidation about what she might have done tonight. Or rather, what Jareth would have done to her.

She’d felt his cock poke at her pants and demand entry, and that sealed it for Alice.

She had a feeling John wouldn’t want exclusivity. She wasn’t looking for a relationship with him to begin with, and knew she wouldn’t want anything of the kind with Jareth either. But an evil determination filled her drug influenced and horny mind.

One day, she’d fuck every ounce of cum out of Jareth Williams. That, as she liked to say, was a scientific fact. Or at least, it could be soon.

She suspected, however, that it would be the other way around once they did; in other words that he would be the one keen on fucking her until whatever furniture they had broke. But she wasn’t a pillow princess and if Jareth wanted to have her, he would have to (consensually of course, and she knew he was a gentleman) wrestle her down and slam his cock into her until she couldn’t say anything but animal noises.

All this thinking about Jareth clouded Alice’s mind more than the drugs and alcohol, so she knew what she must do. She needed to sate her need for a midnight snack of cock here and now, and John would do just fine.

“Pants. Off. NOW!” Alice ordered, but instead of waiting for him to disrobe she yanked his trousers and underwear down in one stroke and started spitting and licking on the underside of his shaft. Then she rapidly bobbed on the middle of his hard meat with tight suction. And to conclude her opening move, Alice sucked the tip up and down repeatedly, every now and then coming up for air for erotic effect.

Last edited:
    Alice accidentally spots Jareth in the water...with a tail!
  • It was often said that humans couldn’t wield magic naturally without the assistance of an artifact, which was extremely rare since after the Cataclysm roughly 11,000 years ago the elves destroyed as many of them as they could as their grand civilization crumbled for reasons unknown. But Alice thought she might have magic in her mouth. Perhaps from the sweetgrass or maybe years of practice, but whatever it was she barely had any time to work it before John busted in her mouth, leaving her just as horny as before.

What she didn’t realize was that there was magic in John’s jism too. A minute after swallowing his spunk, Alice began to hop and skip around the mansion, still naked but now moving at the speed of thought. And the poor woman was so tightly wound up from all the teasing tonight that she knew that with John asleep the only one in the house capable of blunting her lust was Jareth.

Now it became increasingly difficult for her to turn back as her body moved of its own accord to his bedroom. Not finding him there, her foggy mind finally remembered he said he was going to go for a swim. Hearing splashing noises as she approached the private pool meant she was close and her pussy ached and throbbed at the thought of what she was preparing for.

“Alright, Jareth, you dog, you win! I’m ready to FUCK!” Alice cried as she originally shoved the door open and then gasped in surprise when she noticed...

That the man who had been annoying her and drawing her in came with a hidden extra feature- a sleek, gray, dolphin like tail. She was rubbing her eyes, she had to be hallucinating (which was rare but possible with certain strains of sweetgrass) since there was no way he could be a merman, could he? Either way, with all the nervous energy running through her, she simultaneously shook from confusion and arousal in the doorway, staring at him dumbfounded.

Alice begins kissing Jareth and realizing the electricity between them
  • “Shit!” she heard him scream out, making Alice freeze in confusion. “What are you doing in here!” seemed more like an accusation than a question but before she could answer he was kissing her. And oh, it was more electric than kissing John, certainly, and maybe even more so than kissing Abigail either (since the reunion sex between them had been blunted by Abigail’s admission that she had a girlfriend). Part of it was probably the sudden touching of her soft chest against his hard abs, and another was how he pushed her against the wall.

Plus one thing she liked about guys in general was their obvious need. With women you generally had to touch their pussies to check their arousal. Men might be able to compose their minds, but penises had minds of their own, and his was making its thoughts plain against her crotch through the towel as his hands held her ass.

Once they reached his bedroom, Jareth walking forward was a big mistake, as she pulled on his left shoulder to yank him down and turned around on him to sit on him with him face down and her massaging and biting and clawing and sucking on his back in various places.

Soon enough, they were wrestling, and for her size she was strong enough to take him on. But Jareth eventually wore her down like he and she both wanted and he had her arms pinned while she was on her back, his dick teasing her wet entrance with precum, waiting for her plea to pound what was his. Maybe even while she was face down.

Alice’s senses came flooding back to her, though, and she shoved him off and cried, “N-No! We can’t! I’m your employee and it would be...” She didn’t finish her sentence before running off to her room to plop on the bed and try to wildly masturbate the burning need away.

Last edited:
    After Alice rejects his advances, Jareth tries to go to sleep but hears a voice in his mind
  • His lips fell open in anticipation as the word began to drag from her lips. He shifted ever so slightly, preparing for the sweet surrender of her agreeance but still holding himself back until she’d asked him to take her, completely.

Her denial shot an ache through his stomach and groin but he was already pulling away even as she gently pushed him away. Resting on his hands and knees a moment, gathering himself as he tried to steady his breathing, to stamp down the animal trying to claw its way to the surface.

His gaze drifted up to find her huddling at the head of the bed, buried beneath the blanket, he could feel the soft shudder against the mattress beneath him. He drew in a calming breath and looked away, back down at his hands before he made his way off of the bed.

Before he took his leave, he leant back over the edge of the bed, fingers brushing lightly through her hair as he pressed his lips tenderly against the side of her head, just above her ear. His nose brushing against her as he whispered.

”I’m sorry.”

There was no arrogance, no snark. Jareth Williams, known for his commanding presence, his demanding demeanor could and did in fact show a measure of sincerity.

She’d hear the soft rap of his cane as he exited, gently closing the door behind him. Making his way back to his room, a shower was in order. If for no other reason to take care of the issue at hand, despite her denying him, he was hard as a rock, still frustrated and admittedly a little angry....with himself. As he stroked away the problem, he forced himself to try to think of anything other than Alice. After seeing her shaking, because of him, it felt wrong.

With a sigh as he finished, he quickly washed up and exited. Without even drying himself off he trapsed to his bed and fell into it, tired.

The mix of everything finally consuming him in blissful slumber, this time in a dreamless sleep......at least, at first.

The seas darkened at the surface, baleful clouds blocking the light that had been shimmering below. He cast his eyes upwards, noting several large bodies drifting above. When he broke the surface, he noted it was not in fact clouds at all but a baleful fleet of airships overhead, as he watched, chaos rained down around him but never so much as touched him.

What he thought at first were the cries of land birds, diving into the seas turned out to be coming from beneath him. Ducking back below the surface, he watched in horror as his home, his people, cried out in pain and anguish as the beautiful city exploded into ruin before his eyes.

He felt the sea shift over him as something dropped into the water behind him. He had no time to register the charge before it exploded just beneath his tail and sent him reeling from the water. Darkness consuming him.

His fathers voice echoed through the black, drawing him awake.

”Enough foolishness, Son. Do you see what will become of everything you love? You’re needed, here. Not there. You must come home or this will be your fate, on land or in sea.”

He felt wet and sand beneath him, his tail flicking unsteadily as water lapped hungrily at him. A wild wave crashed around him, carrying him a little further into land until stopped by a massive obstacle. Opening his eyes to find he’d been tossed about by the angry seas and thrown against the very thing that’s made his empire there on land. Decimated as horridly as his underwater home had been. A large chunk of meat blown out of the side of the whale that had stopped his motion. And scattered around it were humans and merpeople alike. Motionless. Dead and decaying. People he knew and loved on both sides of the sea and people he didn’t know, innocent people.

”Come. Home!”

The voice boomed in his head.

A wail followed him from the nightmare. Echoing against the bedroom walls as he flailed against the blanket. It took him a moment to realize that it was in fact, just his blanket. He was in his bed. And a moment longer for him to realize that the wailing sound echoing back to him was his as he came scrambling up from the nightmarish vision, courtesy of his father once again.

He sat up and in the center of the bed. Panting heavily as he rested his face in his hands.

After checking on him when he screamed, Alice consents to him touching her
  • “Trust me?”

Trust. There was a hard word for Alice, because she had gotten it broken over and over again by nearly everybody that she cared about. He, a powerful man used to breaking people who stood in his way, was asking, in essence, for the power to snap her heart in twain.

So, no, Alice didn’t, couldn’t trust him completely. Trusting simply wasn’t in her nature; she surmised it had been beaten out of her. But as she was gently pulled in towards his washboard chest by his strong arms around her belly, Alice could definitely feel his erect dick against her back even through the blanket, and then...he didn’t make any moves to grab at her. That was a nice change of pace from even the most sensitive virgins she’d bedded, and so she could let her guard down a little for now.

And so, to his shoulder kisses and to the question he posed, Alice reached around behind her to pet his hair and head, turned her head sideways to kiss him, and let her tensions dissolve and herself melt into his mental and physical hold on her. After all, she didn’t have any words- no quips, sarcasm, or empirical observations. Just a simple sidelong glance and an emphatic nod.

Alice Guthrie, emphatic logician, was about to make a risky leap with her heart. If it failed then she was sure in her high state that she would swear off men altogether. If it worked...what could that hold? The thought enticed her greatly as she gave in to a tight and tender hug from behind.

Last edited:
    Alice takes a ride on Jareth's cock for the first time
  • Every kiss felt fiery against her ear, face and neck, both from Alice’s impacted nerves telling her to moan, which she did, and from her brain telling her this was wrong. Another part of her head also claimed that he was just helping her out as a friend, that somehow this didn’t cross her ethical line of “helping out” a client because she wasn’t technically doing anything, just letting him do something to her.

Alice’s nipple was screaming out “blaaaagh” in pleasure so it wasn’t very helpful.

Her belly was telling her, “He holds you so nicely. I bet he’d hold you when you’re DOIN IT even more sweetly.”

“Wait, hold up, what?!” her brain struggled to interject through the cloud of pleasure hanging over Alice as she moaned from how well he was slowly stroking around her clit (as most women knew to do to her, since they’d done it to themselves) instead of just furiously flicking it as most men did.

“You’ve known Jareth for all of four days, you horny, slutty bitch,” it added. “What could you possibly like about him other than his unit and his abs and uh...I’ll stop talking or we’ll be here all night.”

Yes, good point. What did she like about him, aside from a scrumptious body? She’d focused on the negative so much- his arrogance, his self righteousness, his need to win at every conversation, his probable greed at the expense of an entire species of marine mammal (okay, there was a lot to dislike)- that she hadn’t reflected on the positives yet.

“Ohhh, Jareth,” she groaned into his neck and nibbled on it. “You at least know how to stay awake.”

After laughing at her own joke for a little bit, Alice said, “You smile and the whole room smiles just a little bit with you.” That made her stroke a hand down his abs, causing the blanket to fall over and reveal his cock; that magnificent, exotic creature.

“You have excellent taste in food,” she proffered as she crossed another invisible line by stroking his dick between her hand and her ass cheeks.

“You certainly do have a heart despite what the papers say and care for the people you love,” Alice purred as she started getting into her own rhythm of moving back to pressure his shaft and then forward to meet his fingers. “Otherwise why hire a top notch private investigator?” she asked in a sarcastic promotional plug. “And in my experience, people for whom the self is their only going concern don’t have nightmares.”

“Above all you...you are certainly persistent,” Alice said. Maybe that was sarcastic too, but she certainly meant it as she turned to face him and her pussy lips teased his member.

“And that persistence,” Alice whispered against his face while kissing him and raising her hips until she hovered over his reddening tip, “is going to get us both into trouble.”

Then Alice made one of the most momentous decisions of her life. Maybe she was too hormonal, too lonely, too pained, too covered in the blood on her hands, too hard on herself and on everybody she dared to get close to to be doing this without there being consequences for them both.

She didn’t fucking care.

Alice told logic to go take a hike for once.

One simple motion later, and her pussy swallowed his glorious penis in one gulp as she showed him her surprisingly bubbly ass.

Then she kissed him again, this time while they were joined. Now they were irrevocably set in the dance as old as life. In contrast to her fears, this felt totally natural.

Right.

Last edited:
    The night after he cums inside her, Alice leaves Jareth a note as she leaves for Edinar for eight days
  • "I'll have to thank her someday," Alice said very seriously. "And yes, lists are my love language," she partially joked, then blushed at the use of that four letter word. “It's always nice to be organized...to have things under control. And then sometimes it's wonderful to lose control. You taught me that."

All she could really say after that, while he was whispering less wordy but no less endearing compliments into her ear that made her shudder with desire for him all over again, was, "You're beautiful too, and it's an honor to be your little detective, Jareth Williams." Soon afterwards she succumbed to sleep, and for the first time in a while, dreamed of what being in love with someone new might be like.

When the morning dawned, Jareth would find a note on the nightstand, rather than Alice's supple form beside him.

"Dear Jareth,

"I have gone to Edinar in order to investigate some of the leads at your company's secondary dock." Through his hangover, he would recall this was just southwest of Radiant, and one of the stops that Amara made with the Intrepid. "As we discussed, it would be helpful if you found any manifests and captains' logs from the Intrepid that might be in your company archives. At the same time, I received a scroll this morning, which one of your Xen servant machines delivered. It explained that there was also an explosion in that same city a few miles away from your dock, which the local government has asked me to look into since I have some personal connections there. (Do not attempt to ask him what that might be, as I've done a little digging around in his clockwork and learned a very valuable way of altering it to my whims.) You have to trust that it is related to our case. I feel that strongly, but I need to look into this on my own before I come to you with it. I have given you an expense report for my train and airship trip there. I shall endeavor to write you when I am able and will return in a few days.

"Yours,

Alice"

A few days turned out to be eight, after which time Jareth heard nothing. The only things he'd be able to hold on to as he went back and forth between work and home paralyzed with worry is that John had volunteered to set out for Edinar himself to keep an eye on Alice, and that Octavia would be visiting in a couple days; the need for Alice to see one of her heroes and give her feedback on her machines was what would hopefully return her to him swiftly and safely.

Last edited:
    Upon returning to Palaidia with her, Alice has sex with Octavia
  • Non-heterosexual sentiments in the Empire of Caledoria (and elsewhere, although the Church’s entanglement with the government meant that sexual mores were more strictly enforced there) came in different species, clothes, creeds, colors...but one thing that was near universal was the top lip lick.

It meant, “I see you.”

It meant, “I adore you.”

It meant, “I want you exactly as you are.”

It meant, above all, “Now.”

And so, pure instinct once again overriding her reason, Alice opened her mouth to a woman nearly twice her age to French kiss her.

“I want you...” Alice made plain. “Have ever since I first saw your triumphant posters years and years ago, and I knew what desire was. I used to be afraid of what I needed. Not any more. Take me, Octavia.”

Alice tries to explain her actions in Edinar to Jareth, and distance herself from him
  • “So...the pussy’s out of the bag, then, huh?” Alice joked darkly.

She cleared her throat and continued, “Alright, I’m bisexual. That means I can have feelings for and have had sexual relations with both men and women. Octavia supported me these past few days at a hard time in my life, came on to me when I was barely holding it together and juggling a thousand different thoughts, and made me feel better in a way that I suspect you understand.

“There. Now that we’ve established that aspect of my private business, do you want to tell me, more importantly, when you knew Amara was a mermaid, and therefore saw fit to destroy the crime scene and take the body away to a fake family, interfering with the job you hired me to do?”

She knew that if he really was furious at her, he could try to use this admission to have her deprived of her freedom. But even though Alice was feeling absolutely apoplectic right now towards him, especially after he called her love in that tone, she knew deep down that he would never stoop that low, and so she wouldn’t dirty herself either by bringing up his possible mer heritage.

“Oh, wait. I forgot,” Alice harrumphed. “When you wanted to screw me, I wasn’t technically your employee because you hadn’t paid me yet. But now I’m your employee so you could have John follow me when I specifically told you to trust me to handle things. So which is it, Jareth? What am I to you?”

Now Alice started really crying. “The truth is...I wanted to write you. Really, I did. I promised I would if I was able. But that ‘shady man’ John saw? That wasn’t the same person Amara was in contact with; that was my younger brother, Edward Guthrie, a Knight of the Arm of Vitalis. One of the Church investigators, in other words.

A sigh, and Alice said, “And he told me that Chloe Rose, my older sister who my father committed to the Edinar Public Sanatorium when she was 18 and I was 16, was among the missing from the explosion that consumed much of the town, which damaged the asylum and let all the residents escape. I didn’t tell you because I figured you’d be thinking it wasn’t related, but I swear, the leads we were tracking down on her disappearance were tied to Jane Doe and Amara. But last I knew, one of Octavia’s sources in the grey market said she boarded an airship full of young women bound for Lesser Caledoria that disappeared two days ago. These inquiries took us far out into the countryside, where there was no scroll service.

“And yet, still, I thought of you day and night, Jareth. I cried myself to sleep, worried that you might be doing the same thing. There were times I wanted to abort the whole mission and just run back home and kiss you. I’d never felt like that in years and I was possessed by anxiety and fear. I wanted to hold you when I landed with Octavia, and not act so distant as I tend to do, but John was there and I...I felt like I’d already hurt you and him both too badly, so I shut down.

“That brings me to my conclusion,” Alice said. “My irrational attraction to you has already proven a distraction from the case. We cannot carry on like this, or something will have to give. Either pay me for the time I’ve previously worked and then release me from your employ on the morrow so that I may take my leave and sort through the tsunami of emotions you’ve introduced, or continue to employ me for the remainder of the case and I will treat you with strict professionalism. These are the only two options I can see for not utterly wrecking the investigation, which I should have prioritized above all else and that I am sorry I did not.”

Now, as Alice slumped down onto the bed and wept, Octavia’s words about treating this like a contract crept back into Jareth’s ears. But a part of him would tug at him to contradict his head once again...

Last edited:
    Alice and Jareth both confess feelings for each other
  • Alice tensed her shoulders, still mildly upset and angry with him. She was about to dispute her culpability for Octavia’s prurient interest in her, the terms of her initial agreement re John’s presence, the way they both had thought about their first encounter, and her ability to write him in the midst of her failed investigation into her sister...

Then, when Jareth admitted that he was the Lost Prince of Olsea, who all the papers of record and the Olsean government had said died in a kraken releasing accident, Alice had a flurry of questions. Why had he left? Was John really a merman too? Why was King Meredydd sending him visions? What had life been like in the imposing capital city of Olseka, which she had visited but never really explored? And so much more.

Next, Jareth kissed her and she reacted with befuddlement and then dismay. Her mouth fell open too. To be fair to herself, though, with how much he’d torn her a new one in his prior statements, that was not at all where she thought the conversation would go.

Alice was at first defiant as she said, “I’ve been paranoid. I get that. I don’t always trust people who are trying to help me.”

She sighed and leaned into him and continued, “And I’m sorry. And slightly confused about how you still want me after all that I’ve caused, and how I’ve failed you.”

“The truth is...” Alice trailed off before looking away at the floor.Right now I feel like...

Alice started crying again and stalled by adding, “I don’t want to never see you again...”

“Because,” Detective Guthrie sighed after wrapping her arms around his neck, “I...I love you too.” She said the last part in her smallest voice and then kissed him like he would go away forever if she didn’t.

“I want to go to the outdoor pool where you first saw me, so that I may finally, truly see you,” she allowed herself to smile a little. And she was also intensely curious about what sex would be like with him in his merman form.

Last edited:
    Back
    Top Bottom