Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[NSFW] (Private RP)

Spike was sympathetic to her when she mentioned living on the streets, "I didn't realize you were struggling like that. I grew up in a typical suburban home, but things went sour and I had to leave." He replied keeping the details fairly vague.

When they entered he flipped the switch closest to the door. Instead of turning on the main lights in the office, all that came on was a dim red emergency light on the opposite side of the room. It made it hard to make out any specific details, but it allowed them to walk through without bumping into anything.

The side entrance led into what looked like a seating area with a counter. It was likely used as a front desk for customers. It looked almost like it was lost in time. There was a rotary phone sitting on the counter next to a customer log and cash register. There was even an old box television was mounted in the top corner with a VCR. The furniture was at least a couple of decades old and looked a bit worse for wear. There was one steel door with a small window that led into the main garage, a customer bathroom and a stairway that led up.

Spike walked toward the stairs and responded before they went up, "I live here with my band. I guess that wasn't something brought up before, but they aren't like us. But they know what I am and both Therese and Jeanette know they know so its all on the up and up. I'm not sure how much you know, probably not much, but I'll explain later. Right now, I'll find a safe place for this and a place for you to bunk undisturbed."

The place was definitely in need of an update, but apart from that, it wasn't too bad compared to her previous living situations. Smiling a little, she brought her hand up and muttered, "I kind of wish I hadn't taken Jeanette's offer to come to the Asylum the night of the attack. If I hadn't gone, this might not have happened at all, but I plan on talking to get soon about why she had brought me there, since I doubt it was just for my singing." She said as she kept close to him, not wanting to bump into something, or do anything that might have alerted his roommates of them coming here, although, maybe the little goth Lyniss would fit in, then again, what would they think of Spike sneaking in with some female in the middle of the night. She smirked a little, knowing what she would have thought of it.

Seeing the red lighting was unusual, but she said nothing of it, and when asked about what she knew, Lyniss shook her head, "I know basically nothing. I knew nothing of any of this until the attack and being changed. So I don't know anything at all really." She sighed, running a hand thru her long black hair, remembering that she wanted to redye it purple as it had been when she performed. "So... where will I be resting?" She asked softly, making sure to keep her voice down, but she figured it would be best to ask if she would be sleeping on a couch, or in a sleeping bag, figuring the rumor of coffins was bullshit.

Making it upstairs they ended up in a large open loft. Spike turned on another switch which did the same thing below, except the red lights were spread out to allow more light. It looked like it spanned the size of the entire building. It was set up much like a very chill venue if there weren't any walls. She first noticed that there wasn't a single window on the floor.

The area they came up in was filled with a bunch of comfortable but mismatched couches and lounge chairs, set up much like a backstage area would look. Just a little further she could see the shining of metal and wood where all their instruments were set up. Everything was pretty standard, a microphone, electric guitar and drum set. Out of the ordinary, there was also what looked like a coffin double bass. Although it was hard to make out colors, she could see the word "Ghouls" spelled out in large bold lettering on the face of the bass drum as they passed by it. As they made it to the far side, it was clear that there were two separate rooms at the very end. One was twice as large as the other.

He walked over to the smaller room and stuck a key in the door. He had to jiggle and lift the door, which was apparently metal as it looked like it was fairly heavy. "You can sleep in here." He said taking a step aside. Inside was a very small walk-in closet-sized room with only one piece of furniture, a coffin. It was a shiny black expensive looking piece of furniture with a velvet lined plush interior, "I'll just sleep on one of the couches."

The upper room was actually impressive, and she could see the potential for this being an awesome place for a band and party if they were to have a small venue here, the only thing that seemed off was the lack of windows, which while she figured it had to do with the sun, no one had really even mention what their kind could and could not do, she really was mostly clueless. Glancing up to him she followed behind, only pausing for a moment to look at the name across the drum saying 'Ghouls' and smiled a little at the name, finding it interesting, and a little curious to know what kind of music they played.

The smaller, locked room opened and seeing the coffin, Lyniss stood, completely startled and speechless, looking at the thing then to him, "Not to turn down the comfortable looking... coffin, but... I've never slept in something like that. Are you sure you don't want to take it, and I can sleep on a couch?" She wasn't claustrophobic, but then again, people didn't normally sleep in those things, so she was not sure how comfortable she was sleeping in it. "If you insist, I'll try... but I'm not too certain, kind of a little nervous I guess." She admitted, glancing at it again. Maybe she was just over reacting, after all, it wasn't like she had to close the thing on herself, and with how petite she was, she could lay on her side easily.

He shrugged and might have been blushing, though it was impossible to tell in the red light, "Yeah, sorry. I know it's cliche but honestly, it's practical if you think about it. It's strong, mobile, comfortable and protects from the sun. You could toss this into the back of a truck and drive cross country if need be." He put the keys in his pocket and put the astrolite on the ground. "You don't have to close the top, it has a safety latch so it won't close on you and it also has a latch on the inside that will lock it shut. Otherwise, it doesn't have an outside lock so you won't get stuck in there. But I understand if you don't want to, I just thought it would be better so you didn't get disturbed when the others get up."

He looked over at the other door that likely led into the other bedroom where the others were sleeping, "It's up to you, my friends are cool and shouldn't bug you too much. Don't worry about being able to get to sleep though." He smiled at her, "Once the sun is up, you'll find it quite hard to keep those lids open and even harder to wake up until it's down again. So, what'll it be, the private coffin or the public couch?"

Thinking about it Lyniss couldn't help herself as she gave a small chuckle, "So what you're saying is that while I'm asleep, if I sleep in there, or... well... anywhere during the day, I would be basically helpless? And your band could kidnap me?" She of course was joking and the smile would easily let him know that as she walked over to the coffin and looked it over for a moment, then to him, "Thanks for letting me sleep in it, are you sure you'll be alright sleeping on the couch?" She asked, knowing the room didn't have windows, but it sounded like the coffin was much safer all things considered. If there were enough room in the thing for both of them, she might have offered to let him be in there as well, but that seemed a bit much, and maybe she was just being a little paranoid after their heist.

Slipping her boots off, Lyniss carefully got into the thing, sitting up at the moment and ran her hand over the interior, never imagining that she would be sleeping in a coffin while conscious, ever. It seemed to make her a little nervous if anything. Glancing to him she wasn't sure if she could sleep at the moment, "What type of music does your band play?" She asked, figuring something not pertaining to what had happened tonight would be kind of nice, that and she wasn't too sure how long until the sun was up, but she figured they might have had an hour at least.

He smiled and raised an eyebrow, "Well, I promise if we take you anywhere I'll be sure to make it somewhere more interesting than here." He gestured around to the large room in bathed in the red light. "Don't worry about me, I've slept on the couches before and they are very comfortable. I'd probably do it more often, but laying like a corpse in front of my friends isn't quite as comforting to them, so I don't force them to watch me sleep."

"We'll have to play for you sometime. We would have had a gig soon but our venue, as you know, is going to be closed for a short time to deal with what happened and all." He went quiet and turned to the side and looked at the other room. After a moment he turned back, "I'm sure we'll rehearse tomorrow considering the fact that we have some downtime. I'll leave it a surprise for now." He picked up the astrolite bomb again, "I've got to stash this somewhere safe. I'd rather not have this in the building for too long. I'll find somewhere in the yard to hide it." He patted her on the shoulder before heading out, "Sleep soundly. We'll have some time to chill tomorrow, surely."

"I don't know, this is pretty interesting. Going to a guy's place, finding out he's a bit of a gentleman in letting me have his coffin for the N- Morning, seeing his equipment for the band, a pretty decent spot for a gig that's not on the pier fighting with others for attention." It was about that moment that she realized she would not be able to do that any more, from the sounds of it, she couldn't really be awake during that time... this changed quite a bit more than even she realized it would seem. "Anyways, you didn't tell me, do you play an instrument? Vocals? Both?" Knowing he had evaded the question on the type of music, but maybe he would at least give her that much. "And if you guys are willing to play for me, maybe I can sing for you sometime." She offered in return with a cheery smile.

Nodding at the statement she waited until he left, glancing at the hand on her shoulder, then back to him and she began moving to get comfortable, laying on her side in the coffin. It was comfortable, but strange, and laying there she did find herself blushing a little, wondering to herself... Was I just flirting? With Spike?... she could not remember the last time she had been with a guy, and the more she thought about it, the more it brought up the... unspeakable, obsessive ex. But all girls and guys had one of those, so it was no biggie, just that he had been her last for a long while.

"I'm glad you like it. It's not much, but it's home." He replied, "I know you have a dozen questions, but you should get some sleep. I could talk about myself and my band for hours, but I need to get this outside before the sun rises. Make yourself comfortable and we'll be here when you get up." He said trying to pull himself away before getting dragged into a longer conversation. He took the astrolite downstairs and soon after Lyn's head touched the soft velvety cushions darkness overtook her.

The past couple nights have been both traumatic and enlightening, Lyn's dreams give her no respite from the trials of the waking world. She finds herself running from something chasing her, in forest blazing with fire. She does not see her pursuers, but she can feel their hot breath and hear their chilling howls. She notices herself running toward a towering mansion that emanates the gentle but eerie tinkle of a music box. She runs up the front steps and slams the door behind her, locking out the beasts that chased her only to find herself in another hell. The mansion's interior is a madman's labyrinth. There are stairs on the walls that lead to nothing, doors halfway up the wall and there was no ceiling. Only an endless maze of stairwells and doors. Then behind her she could hear many hands banging on the door behind her. Moans like death rattles emanated from the walls. All around her she heard banging and she just knew what it was. The undead horde broke through the walls in every direction, completely surrounding her. When she tried to run, she felt hands grab at her feet, breaking through the floor. The disgusting rotten corpses grabbed at her. They pulled at her hair and yanked on her limbs. Then finally a zombie sank its teeth into her breast, but instead of pulling away flesh it only tore off her clothing. She was completely stripped, left naked before a massive horde of monsters who were now all clearly nude men with massive erections and busty women. It was clear what was going to happen next.

Like time meant nothing, Lyniss awoke into darkness. It was pitch black and she could hear nothing. She felt the soft velvet cushioning beneath her. The coffin seemed to remain open as she slept and it only took a few moments for her eyes to adjust and make out the simple shapes of her surroundings. She was exaclty where she placed her head last night and it was completely hard to tell if any time had passed at all. Then she remembered the dream, although the details were hard to remember, the events that shook her were the most memorable.

Roll 1d10

Nodding her head slowly, she let Spike leave and tried to get some sleep, finding it was a little easier, but the dream that came would make her wish she could have stayed awake, hoping someone would wake her so that she would not have to go thru what was going to happen in the dream.

Waking up, she thought her heart would be racing, and her eyes were wide with fear from what was going on in the dream, although it was beginning to slip from her fingers and she cursed herself for not bringing her backpack so she could write it down before she forgot it all, wondering if it was something she should be concerned about. Shaking her head, she rolled onto her back and sighed, "What the hell was that about?" She muttered to herself softly, running a hand thru her hair slowly, trying to recall all that happened before now.

It wasn't long after her mind began scanning the images of the nightmare that she started to hear a muffled troop of footprints coming up the stairs from the other side of the building. She could see lights peek in through the cracks of the door, first red, then white. "Time to get up, Jack." Came a brash female voice clearly meant to rouse the sleeping vampire on the couch. "We've got dinner." She said, though sounding quite sarcastic. Her voice had a hint of a Mexican accent in it as well. Not uncommon in LA.

A level-headed sounding female voice responded, "You said you weren't going to wake him, Dulce. Sorry, Jack." She said almost whispering, her voice getting closer as she could hear chairs being drug across the floor.

"It's fine." She heard Spike replying, not really sounding like he had just woken up, "Just don't be too loud. We have a guest."

"Where the hell is she from anyways, Jack," A third female voice a little more mousie and curious sounding asked, "What did you say her name was?"

There was a brief silence before Spike answered, "Shit... I don't know. I don't think she ever told me her name."

"Real fucking classy, pendejo." the female Mexican accent replied exasperated. "I'm sure she knows your name, I'm sure you just forgot or didn't even bother to ask. What a fucking catch you are, Spike." She said negatively accentuating his nickname.

Another moment of silence before Spike responded, "Wait, aren't you going to defend me, Jonna?"

"No, she's right, Jack. I'm sorry, but you're an asshole." the level-headed female replied.

"Whatever, it's not my fault. I'm pretty sure she never told me her name. Besides, we did a job together, it's not like I picked her up somewhere. Gimme a break," He said.

The voices outside made her a little uncomfortable, wondering... did Spike... or Jack as they called him... have a harem going on? Figuring these were his bandmates. Getting up slowly she looked to her boots, and shrugged, getting them on and lacing them up before stepping out of the small room with the coffin. Stepping out into the white light she couldn't help but giggle a little at the tongue lashing he was being given.

"I'm just a stray he brought back after the job. As for my name. I'm a little hurt, Spike... Lyniss or Lyn as you called me when we got the job." She said, not wanting to give too many details to Mercurio's place. "I think the only reason he remembers my name at all was because he was standing close by when I was shot." She muttered a little, but looked to the other girls, then back to him, "So... if you want I can probably head back to my place... I don't want to cause you any more trouble than you seem to be causing yourself." She glanced toward the girls with a smirk, clearly they had ribbing him down pretty well. "But... you said I could hear you and the band play, and I was interested in your band since you evaded all my questions about your music last night." She said, trying to appear non threatening in her fishnets, and rather gothed out attire.

"Hm... I did intend to dye my hair back to purple, but I can put that off for a little while to listen to you guys if you're going to practice or don't mind playing for me." She added, looking to the others to see what they thought, and to see if they were going to be alright with her there or if she was stepping on toes.

When Lyniss comes out of the room all the attention is on her and she finally gets a proper view of the loft. It really looks no better than if someone extended the length of a garage or basement and filled it with random things. The floor was covered in mismatched tiles. From solid, checkerboard to floral patterns. Much of it was covered in random throw rugs just as chaotically placed. The furniture was similar. The three women sat at a round red-topped table that looked like it belonged in a diner and on either stools or chairs. One of the couches looked just it was just a booth pulled straight out of a diner. The walls were completely lined with random band posters, some modern some classic and some that really seemed like they didn't belong, like modern pop and Latin hip hop bands.

Spike was still sat on the couch he had probably slept on. His long black hair was a little bit messier than the night before but otherwise, he hardly looked different than he did last night. If only a little paler.

The appearance of the three women was likely not much of a surprise considering their profession. They were all fairly short and young looking, likely still in their late teens or early twenties. It was easy to pick out the brash Mexican girl, Dulce. She had an olive tanned tint to her skin, though she was still fairly light-skinned compared to many like her in the area. She was a bit thicker in body than the other two with larger breasts and backside. She was dressed in a long black shirt and dark blue jeans, red and black striped socks and wore a studded leather belt. Her sneakers were clearly platforms and her black hair was very rockabilly with a blonde streak that went down the right side. Next to her sat a red-haired girl, whose hair was clearly dyed a deeper red but from her eyebrows, it looked like she was a natural redhead. She was dressed a bit more goth in fishnets, black corset and a frilly red skirt, she was currently not wearing any shoes, just thigh high fishnet stockings. The last girl was a bit more punk. Her hair was long but shaved on one side. She wore a choker and a dark winged skull necklace that hovered over a bit of cleavage that was revealed by her heavily butchered band t-shirt that had the collar, sleeves, and midriff cut off. She was wearing a pair of possibly leather but most likely pleather pants that led down to a pair of Doc Martens. She also currently wearing a pair of black thick rimmed glasses.
The girls all remained silent for the moment as they took in Lyn's appearance and all of their eyes seemed to scan her thoroughly. Though Jonna and Lindsey looked at her more passively and brief, Dulce's eyes lingered more hungrily.

When Lyn was finished talking, Spike vaulted the couch looking like he was trying to break the girls' line of sight when all their eyes suddenly turned back to him. But he replied before they could, "It either is or isn't what it looks like, Lyn. Sorry. These are my bandmates, Dulce, Jonna, and Lindsey. Or, D, J, and Z as they like to be called. Jonna is my sister and the girls are her friends. They started the band, I just happened to play bass."

"Yeah, he's only in the band because of J. He's not even that good of a bassist," Dulce replied suddenly standing up and walking over. She was a few inches shorter than Lyniss, but her stockiness and confident air made her seem just a little bit bigger. "Nice to meet you, Lyn. I'm D. You don't happen to be gay, do you, Bonita?" She said in a lighter tone, actually batting her eyelashes and giving her a suggestive smile.

"Oh yeah, and they are all gay." Spike's eyes rolled. "Lucky me right?" He said shrugging.

The other girls were silent for the moment and Lyn could hear the rustle of the white paper take out bags on the table and started to smell greasy burgers and fries. Linsdey seemed less interested and started to eat, but Jonna sat politely and remained fairly quiet except to finally reply, "Is she?"

Last edited:
All of the girls were pretty similarly dressed as herself in one way or another, except for the last one, but that didn't matter, it was nice to see that they were friendly. Glancing around the room she took in what she saw, an it was better than some places she had seen. Once she had taken in the interior, she noticed the way Spike went into an attempt to get the attention off of himself as all eyes went to him, Lyniss included.

The explanation about the band made more sense now, and she smirked over in Spike's direction, "Ah... I see... when I heard so many other chicks I was worried you had a harem going on or something... and that the offer to borrow your coffin was your strange way of hitting on me." Lyniss made her way over to the couch he had been sitting on and plopped her own petite body onto it. Every word was dripping with sarcasm as she sat down and looked from him to the others. "It's nice to meet all of you too. And... I'm not gay exactly. I would say... certainly Bi. But Spike's already kind of beat ya to the whole asking out thing when he asked if I wanted to hear you all play." She teased, knowing he had done no such thing, but it was fun to pick on him a little.

Looking to the food on the table, she noticed the others were eating, and glanced to Spike, then noticed something, "So... Why do you go by Spike instead of Jack?" She asked curiously.

Spike's turned to watch Lyniss as she sat down. He did seem in a bit of a better mood tonight compared to last. One thing that Lyniss really noticed about herself was the lack of morning grossness. She didn't have cotton mouth, morning breath, head hair or a thin sheen of sweat. However, her body did feel kind of clammy and cold. Despite Spike wearing the same clothes that he slept in, he was likely as fresh as he was when he laid down. Not to mention his hair just kind of fell back into place. "Yeah, not likely. I might be good looking, but you've probably noticed I'm not nearly suave enough to pull off a relationship with three woman as lovely as my friends and sister." He replied about her harem remark.

Dulce nodded her head in interest and approval at Lyniss's response that she was bisexual. She raised an eyebrow and looked to Spike when she commented on him asking her out, "Hey, if it ain't serious, there ain't no reason for you to settle for just one just yet." Her accent along with loose grammar made her sound a bit rough, but she by no means looked uneducated.

"Well, I don't even know if you'd be into her D," He said to her, "She's like me..."

"What? An asshole?" Lindsey cut in before he could finish his sentance. The other girls laughed at her comment and Spike rolled his eyes with an amused smile.

"No, she's a vamp. A newbie, embraced last night." He sighed with a longing that seemed as if it was peering through the floor.

"Oh, well. I don't know, I think its kinda sexy. Maybe we could replace you then," Dulce said with a smirk, though there might of been a hint of seriousness and didn't really help with Spike's mood shift.

"No, D." Jonna chimed in, "Don't be a bitch. Jack is irreplaceable."

"Chillax, chiquita. I'm only messin' around." She said with a positive tone and wandered back over to the table and sat down rummaging through the bag for her a burger and eating fries.

Then Spike gets to her last question, "Well..." He pauses for the moment, "I have many reasons, but mainly, I just don't want people I don't know to be able to track me. I have friends I need to take care of. Its not safe in this city. So its best not to throw it around."

"We don't really use our real names," Lindsey blurted out, "It's just safer."

At the comment about him not being suave enough Lyniss shrugged her shoulders, "That just takes practice and confidence." Of course, she could fake having that, but at the moment, with how new she was, she didn't feel like putting in the effort, so she would just act naturally for now. "While I can't say it's serious, I do have a bit of a curiosity in him I guess." She mused with a playful smirk.

Then came the mention of her being newly changed and she could feel the mood of the two of them begin to shift a little. "I'm sorry Spike, but you know it was not my decision." She said softly enough for him to hear, and her smile had seemed to fade a little.

Glancing back to the girls Lyniss shook her head about replacing Jack, "I can't play a bass, and I am sure you already have a singer, so I don't think it would be a good idea for me to join." She didn't want to make Jack uncomfortable or in the same sad mood he had been in before. She liked seeing him more laid back, relaxed, and well... like this.

"I don't really know anyone or have any friends anymore, so I just use my real name." Lyniss seemed to think on this. Sure she knew people, but she didn't have any close relationships she could think of that would warrant her not using her real name, and even if she did... what would she call herself? Smirking a little she shook her head and seemed to ponder how the two of them managed to look as good as they did, glancing down to herself, then to him. Was it just a thing that happened because of what they were? And if so, why?

Spike seemed to be more or less unaffected by Lyniss's flirty comments, though he may have just been able to hide it. He instead walked over to the couch Lyniss was sitting on and sat lounged on the opposite side with his legs crossed. "Well, let's not worry too much about the past right now. Let's focus on now. It's your second night as a vampire, Lyniss. Do you have any specific questions? Otherwise, I can fill you in with what I've learned. Before you ask, I was embraced a little over a month ago, fairly far away from here. We've been on the move since then. This is the first place we've actually been able to settle down."

The other girls continued to eat, but seemed to be focusing on the conversation as well. Lindsey was done her burger and just sat back, legs crossed and snacking on left over fries in the bag. Dulce was a little more vocal eating, occasionally making yummy noises as if it was her last meal. Jonna picked at her food, taking small bites at a time and barely touched her burger.

Watching him come around and sit down she adjusted how she sat to give him room, and to turn her full attention toward him. "I... I don't know... everything happened so fast, I suppose I have a lot of questions but don't know where to start." She sighed, running a hand thru her hair. "I guess... Go ahead and tell me what you know and I will see about asking questions along the way if I think of any." She replied, leaning her head on her hand while she watched him, then glanced to the girls, "How do you get food? You know? Blood and stuff? I don't know if I could drink it from someone, so I suppose finding out how I am eventually going to feed myself would be somewhere to start." It was not one of the big questions she had, but it was a start. Lyniss didn't really have any friends and no family she knew of so she was not sure how he dealt with being hungry with those three around.

"Now that's a good starting question. It was thankfully something I didn't struggle with due to the help of my band." He said with a quick glance over to the girls at the table. "Though I don't just take, understand. The girl's get a boon that I wish was offered to me." He didn't at all seem abashed by this fact either, "Feeding is, as far as I understand, a very personal thing to Kindred. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with who you were as a person or maybe comes from your sire, but where and how you get your food is something that should really come naturally. As long as you don't fight your need for blood, your instincts should guide you."

"One thing I do know is that you and I are not a lot alike. For one, I know you aren't a Thin Blood, like me. Basically, my sire's blood was not as strong as yours. Thankfully, not as weak as others. I can't sire my own childe, at least I am not willing to chance it. To become a vampire, you have to die first. Fortunately, I don't see that as an issue since anyone I would want to make a vampire, I don't want to have to kill them to do it. However, I do know an alternative to that. If you feed your blood to a living mortal, they become empowered by your blood. As long as the blood remains in their system, you can live indefinately, even use vamprie powers. It means you can live forever, and remain alive. There are downsides, but my ghouls don't have to deal with that." He looked over and raised an eyebrow at the girls sitting at the table.

The three were looking back at him allowing an awkward moment to pass before Dulce shrugs, "It's a fair trade I think. Sure, it sounds a bit gross, but who wouldn't want to look as pretty as me forever." Lindsey turned away from the awkward exchange blushing focusing on eating acting as if she wasn't paying attention. Jonna also blushed, but just continued to pay attention interested in the conversation.

Things sounded even more complicated than she had realized, and while he was talking she noticed a few words here and there that she would need to ask about, but for now, she just listened. Glancing to the girls, she figured he might have fed from them, which was a good idea, but... Lyniss didn't know many people, hardly anyone other than some of the homeless on the street, and even then they were not friends per say. "So, how do I figure out how I feed? Where are good places for that? Or places to avoid? I wasn't exactly taught anything, they kind of just tossed me out here and said 'We're letting you live, congrats, not don't fuck up'." She rubbed her temples a little, and looked back to Jack. "I know this may sound personal, but... would you help be with figuring it out? I mean... Tag along until I can get the hang of things or until I can find someone willing to show me the ropes? I mean... Jeanette wants me to come by and talk, to apologize for what happened, and I need to speak with her sister about if I still have a gig in their club or if that arrangement has changed." With a groan she leaned back on the couch, "Go figure, I manage to get a job there the night I get shot and killed." She groaned, then looked to Jack again, "When do we take that stuff to that other guy?" She asked, not wanting to divulge too much to the girls since he wanted to keep it away from here. Since she still had the money still tucked away.

"And you said Ghoul? Is that what happens when you do what you explained? What are the downsides if I were to have ghouls? Since you mention I'm different from you." She asked, tilting her head curiously.

Spike seemed receptive to her questions and nodded keeping his attention focused on her as she spoke, "I honestly haven't had a lot of experience in feeding outside from them. The most important thing to understand is that you have to keep what you are a secret, no matter what. If you are discovered to be a vampire, you'll be in big trouble. Not only will other Kindred tattle on you, but you could also be hunted. I'm currently hunted and that's something you do not want. Trust me." He said with a serious tone. "To be honest, you might be better off hooking up with Jeanette. She's always a fun time. But Therese is different. I've always gotten the cold shoulder from her, and now, I don't know if she'll hold a grudge at me. I'm sure she blames me for what happened to her club. Maybe if you head there you can put in a good word for me?" The question almost seemed to be pleading.

"If Therese gave you a job, an apartment and you are still in her good graces, it might mean she likes you. It also might me she sees you as some kind of pawn. If you are under her employ, she's going to make sure you know she's the boss. You may want to be careful there."

"Are you saying we're going to be broke again?" Lindsey asked with disappointment.

"I've got a job." Spike replied, "It's alright. I have some cash coming in the next few days. I just need to lay low for a short time and then deliver the goods. Its all fine." He said assuredly, but both the girls still looked a bit disappointed.

"Does that mean we can't go to the club?" Dulce asked, "What the hell are we gonna do all night? Maybe we can have a party here?" She said with a hint of defiance. "This place is bangin'. I'm sure lots of people would get a kick out of a place like this. It ain't fancy, but its lowkey."

"We've been over this, Dulce," Jonna interrupted, "This is a safe haven, we can't just invite random strangers."

"Yeah, absolutely not." Spike swiped his hand in an ordering done. "The last thing we need is for this place to get attention. I'm not taking that chance."

Dulce rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah." But stopped her arguing.

"Anyways," Spike continued, "Therese is basically the boss in Santa Monica. It's not official, but there is little that goes on in the city without her knowing or approving. If it wasn't for her, the girls would probably be toast. Though, I'm not sure she didn't out of the kindness of her heart. But, either way, I owe her a lot."

"As far as I know, which isn't very much mind you, drinking vampire blood is addictive. But in the way that if you have too much of it from one vampire, they can almost control you. Now, I didn't know this when I first made the girls ghouls. But I told them as soon as I learned about it. I do my best not to order them around and I would never make them do anything against their nature. In fact my first order as their master," He raised his fingers in quotations, "was that they don't have to take orders from me or treat me any differently than they normally would. I'm not sure if that works the way I'd like it to. But I know at least it hasn't made Dulce any less of a bitch." He allowed himself a small chuckle and glance at his Hispanic bandmate. She glared back. "The only sense that I'm different than you is that my vampire blood isn't as strong as yours. That doesn't mean I can't do some pretty awesome stuff, there are always exceptions. It does mean that you don't have to jump through as many hoops as me. But that's all fine. I like my work, it keeps me sane, or the opposite. I'm not really sure which, but either way, it's more fun that I thought it would be."

“I just need someone to watch out for me. I get the feeling, from what I saw last night, they don’t help one another, they enjoy ripping each other to shreds. The look on that pricks face was…” She took a calming breath, knowing Jack would understand what she was talking about. “I just would feel safer if I had someone with me when I try for the first few times, but I suppose I can go and see about chatting with Jeanette about it as well, I imagine she might have some pointers.” She added with a shrug.

“I… I don’t like or trust Therese. I overheard her and her sister having an argument before my audition.” She recalled. “And, I can tell she’s in charge, she has that air about her. That she is above it all and won’t let you forget it. But I can try putting in a good word for you.” She said before looking at the others, “Hey, I know you said you’re hunted, but, what about them?” She asked, nodding toward the three women. “I was just thinking, maybe I can help you all. Jack might not be able to be seen, but are they safe? Or do those hunting you know them as well? If not maybe we can make an arrangement, who is your vocalist?” She asked curiously looking over the three. “As for cash, I have a little if you really need it for food and stuff, you can pay me back when you get paid.” Pulling out things from her pocket she remembered she had written a few things down and her eyes widened a little, “Jack, I just remembered, I got come strange emails. There were words I didn’t understand, like Camarilla? Vitae? And something cryptic like, The Game Begins. The pawn is placed. All it said was that it was from a friend. But I don’t have any.” She seemed confused by the last part. Leaning back into the couch she waited to see what Jack might have known.

“So, should we hang here for the night, lay low, or can we head out?” She asked Jack. “I was thinking of going to see Jeanette once the job was done, and some guy wants me to figure out a riddle and come see him or something like that.” She said, “Is there anything else I should know about us? Like, obviously being asleep when the sun is up is not possible, at least for either of us. What about the stuff in movies? Any of that true? Like, changing into bats, or wolves? Moving fast? Compulsion?” She asked, wondering if any of that Hollywood shit was true or if it was a hoax.

"Alright, I don't mind. Just know that I probably shouldn't be seen in the Asylum for maybe a week or more. Unless Therese says otherwise, don't even bother asking Jeanette. No matter if she likes me or not, Therese will have me staked if she holds a grudge for entering her domain." He said looking a little nervous.

"As much as I don't vibe with Therese very well either, I think you can trust her. As far as I know, she's a woman of her word and if she shows some positive reaction toward you, it probably means you are in her good graces. She's good to people under employ. Well as long as they do as expected, Lily would have accounted for that. I think she probably blames me for her death. Which would certainly be a reason she would hold a grudge." He closes his eyes for a moment and takes a breath before continuing. "That's just my speculation, of course, it's possible she doesn't blame me at all and I'm just being paranoid. But better safe than sorry with an Elder."

"They aren't safe. That's why they came with me, to hide. This is certainly not their fault and it's not fair to them. But I know once all this passes over, once they lose the trail, not only will they be free to come and go as they please, but they'll also be immortal. At least as they don't kick me out of the band." He smiled coyly and the girls did various combinations of exasperation, eye-rolling, and head shaking.

"Dulce is the vocalist. I'm not sure she's replaceable. That doesn't mean you wouldn't be welcome to do Gigs with us, you just wouldn't be the primary or solo singer. Unless of course, she wanted to take a step back. She's also a guitarist and plays bass like me, so I suppose if anything if she wanted you to take on a singing position, she could take my spot. But, like I said, that's all up to her." He looked over at the table and Dulce had her arms crossed and eyes brows raised.

"I don't know, we've never heard her sing before and even still, I doubt she even likes my style. So if anything, if we did a gig with her singing she needs to be back up or bring her own songs." Dulce replied looking doubtful.

Almost in unison, Spike, Jonna, and Dulce spoke hasty objections when Lyniss offered to loan them money, "We'll be fine." Spike said, "Don't worry about us."

"I don't know a lot, mostly just stuff I picked up here and there. Vitae is blood from a vampire, as opposed to a mortal. Camarilla is a Sect. Just think of them as our fascist government, I can't imagine comparing them to anything else. They are very conservative, many hold a lot of religious superstitions and they are strict with their laws. Many laws in their system call for death, there is little room for forgiveness. This is why many Kindred often avoid communication and keep to themselves. Here in LA, there is currently a cold war between the Camarilla and the Anarchs. I don't know a lot about it. But the Anarchs were here first, but the Camarilla recently showed up in force and took over. If it weren't for all the Sabbat activity around here--Sabbat are basically the terrorists of the vampire world--I'm certain there would be a lot of violence between the Anarchs and Camarilla." With the rest of what she told him he just shrugged, "Yeah that's all cryptic stuff. I wouldn't ignore it, but a lot of older vampires are off their rockers. I wouldn't always even try to comprehend the complexity that goes on in their minds. Either that or its some kind of prank."

"Tonight, I think we should stay in. Unless you are feeling particularly peckish, I assume you can handle a night indoors. I feel like we should lose the scent. I'll call the Bossman tomorrow night and see if he wants us to deliver it." Changing topics back to vampires, "Well, you can force yourself to stay awake. I was just saying once you try to go to sleep, you won't have any trouble when the sun is up. As far as I know, most of the stuff in movies is bogus. Otherwise, something would have been done about it. The things you need to worry about are sunlight, decapitation, stakes, fire and any other supernatural things trying to kill you. Normal stuff won't hurt you as much, but it's still really bad. Vampires have lots of powers, and many of them keep them a secret. Good luck trying to learn anything from a vampire without some kind of ridiculous favor or special relationship. I have no idea what powers Lily had, heck, I don't even know what clan she was. It just never came up."

Spike was fairly an expressive speaker for someone who was supposed to be undead. He got excited about things and seemed to have a general compassion. If it wasn't for what she knew, it was unlikely she would ever be able to tell he was a vampire. He even reflexively drew in breath, unlike her. There were lots of things about herself that were starting to become more obvious now that she's been dead of over a day. Her mouth was fairly dry with just a hint of an ashen taste. The smell of the food was appetizing, but the thought of eating it was fairly repulsive. Yet, the nostalgia for it was hard to ignore. Any fidgetting she may have done out of habit seemed to lessen and she even noticed she hardly even blinked. The thing that was most off about the experience was the lack of a heartbeat and blood flow. Any moment of silence made this fact so much more noticeable.

There was also a deep feeling inside her empty husk that the girls sitting nearby were food. She knew instinctively if she wanted to, she could drain them of all their blood. Not only would it make her stronger, but it would be greater than anything she's ever experienced. Although she could ignore these feelings, they were always there.

"So," their convorsation was interrupted by Lindsey who was done with eating and looked rather bored. "Are we going to practice tonight or can I just go to bed?"

“I will see what I can swing with Jeanette. But what is it that has you all being hunted? Did you do something that got you into trouble, or just from being different from other vampires?” She figured finding out some rules might be best. It seemed the big one was that she was not allowed to be found out, at least not by normal people, if she had people like the girls, then it would be alright for them to know? Or so it sounded.

“I wouldn’t want to replace Dulce, I just meant to see if I could get your musicians to play instead of playing cds or tapes to sing to in the club. It’s usually better to have an actual band, even if they are just hired for that gig. But it’s not biggie, just figured it would be some sort of money coming in for you. But I am not sure Therese would allow it anyways.” She mused, but shrugged her shoulders, “Don’t think too much of it, it was just a thought, I can stick to cds.” She added.

Laughing a little, Lyniss could see how they might have political groups, which meant this was much more vast than she had thought. The fact that there were three different groups meant there were probably more vampires than she might have thought.

The longer she watched Jack and the others, the more she was noticing the differences in her own body, and she went from focusing on him to glancing at herself and feeling a little uneasy about everything she was noticing, or more specifically the things she was not noticing. Like her blinking, how dry her mouth was, and that he was breathing, and she wasn’t. Leaning back on the couch, she seemed uneasy about this, especially having no heartbeat or flow of blood.

When Lindsay mentioned practicing, Lyniss seemed to light up and nodded, really wanting a distraction from… well… herself. “I would like to hear you all play if you don’t mind?” She said cheerfully.

"It's because I'm a vampire. The guys you saw were vampire hunters. They're dead now. I don't know if they sent anyone else, but I think we, or at least I, need to lay low for a while until I lose some of the heat." Spike replied

After hearing Lyn's explanation Dulce's expression became a little more agreeable and she nodded in appreciation of the concept. Though Jonna spoke up first, "Actually, playing a different style might be somewhat refreshing. If we're under a different name and getting paid a fair share, I think it would be nice to play at the Asylum with you."

"Especially if Jack isn't allowed in," Lindsey chimed in, "it would at least let us still make money from gigs instead of just sitting around in here." She spoke directly to Dulce rather than the group.

Dulce nodded again, "Yeah, I'd be down for that. It means I get more time with Jack's bass." She smiled looking at Spike.

Spike shrugged looking a bit dejected, "I mean I guess that's fine. I wouldn't mind, though it would be a shame to miss you guys playing. It might be kinda cool to see you guys from the audience for a change."

"Yeah, let's play." Dulce stood up and straightened out her attire. "Come on guys." She said with a hint of a commanding tone. The way the others reacted to her, it was likely she was probably not just the singer, but also the bandleader. Although she wasn't the tallest, she certainly seemed to have the most confidence and a bit more arrogance. Probably typical for a lead singer.

The rest of the group got up and as Spike left the couch he smiled at Lyniss, "Enjoy, cause you're up next."

He walked over and the group started off with tuning. Since everything was already set up, it didn't take very long. They agreed to a song and began with a Dulce, giving a quick-paced count off.

View: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18eAUWC6rX4W4yTbHHBs20owJjHDjvaG2

Back
Top Bottom