Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[NSFW] (Private RP)

Entering the place, it was much nicer than the last time, but that wasn’t much of a surprise given the type of place it was and who it belonged to.

Going into the apartment, she was somewhat glad to see that the Mercurio was still doing well, or at least better than last time. Then it turned into a friendly ‘business as usual’ scene. Lyniss listened, and looked around at the apartment in a nicer condition. She had dreamed of living in placed like this, or even better ones once she became famous, now it seemed… miniscule compared to everything else going on around her.

Turning over the Astrolite, Lyniss pulled out the large clip of cash and set it on the table as well, the money had been what Mercurio paid in the first place.

Ready to be done with her ‘trial’ Lyniss seemed relaxed and ready to get on with what was a second chance at her life… Or what ever this could be called. But her body grew tense and she seemed irritated by the news that this was not over yet. And rolled her eyes a little, figuring that it was not going to be done, but what they were suppose to do next was more than likely going to get them killed from the sounds of it.

“I’m too new to do much of anything. Only a few days old. Going against them sounds like a suicide mission not a reasonable entry level job like robbing thugs or something like that. I’m not an explosives expert, and I suspect neither is Jack. How are we suppose to pull this off? And against people I don’t even know. If I didn’t know any better I would think that this job is meant to get rid of us on a more permanent level.” She said, before crossing her arms. “When is this ‘trial’ I’m suppose to be doing to pay back ‘the labor’ that I owe him done? Or do they plan to just keep using me until I get killed? I have had hardly any time to learn about what I am, and while Jack has been informative, I’m not the same as he is so there are things I don’t know yet that could probably benefit me. But in order to learn these things I need to talk to someone who isn’t going to keep bending the new girl over the barrel and taking advantage of her inexperience in this world.” She said, the much spunkier and rather business like street girl starting to rear her head.

“How long do we have to plan this out? Or how soon does he want this done?” She asked, seeming to have an idea, but she would need to speak to Jeanette to see how much of the rules she could teach her about, but she also figured the Therese would be more business savvy, and from the sound of it, she needed someone business savvy to cover her ass or teach her how to not get taken advantage of. If given enough time, she had an invitation to speak with Jeanette, and asking for an audience with Therese did not seem too out of the realm of possibility since she might have wanted to talk to Lyniss anyways.

When asked about how she was doing and how things were coming along, she looked at him with an ‘are you serious?’ expression. “I don’t know much other than the bits that I ask Jack, which have been informative. And while it’s been nice to have him to talk to, I feel like I have been thrown in the deep end and told to swim when I don’t know how, while everyone else is doing breast strokes and butterflies around me. But all in all, it’s not a crazy world, the homeless hangouts is a crazy world, and I should know. I can’t even describe how I see or feel about this world.” She had continued trying to think of some way to describe this place, and the best she could manage was a political pyramid scheme, but even that was lacking in certain aspect.

“Are we done here? We have planning to do, and I would like to talk to people and try to learn something more before I’m killed on this mission.” She sighed, “I don’t blame you for any of this of course. I’m just a little stressed. I have very few I consider friends here, and from the sound of it, I shouldn’t trust anyone in this world.” She of course glanced to Jack with a look that clearly said ‘I do trust you’ although she was worried she might trust him too much, which could be dangerous.

Mecurio raised his eyebrows at Lyniss' response, but he didn't seem unempathetic. "Yeah, it's a lot to take in. Imagine how I felt when I found out I was in a world of big bads and I'm not even one of them, just a lackey. Don't get me wrong, it's a good gig. The boss got me out of some scrapes and I'm fairly set. You guys are lucky, you've got the good stuff pumping through those veins. I get what I'm given, no more." His explanation, however, didn't show any remorse for his position. "You guys are overreacting, this is an in and out job, you two are much more capable than you think. Maybe you just need some direction, take a couple days, work it over. Just remember the longer you wait, the harder things get, but if you say no, the boss ain't gonna be happy."

"Fuck him..." Jack said with a hint of anger.

"Hey, chill Spike. Don't forget, I'm just the messenger. You got beef with the boss, that's between you and him. Just don't forget how easily he found you before. I don't like losing good people okay? You guys have a lot of potential, I can see it. Don't waste it away over spilled blood." He clutched his side, clearly not fully recovered. After regaining his composure, he put the large wad of cash back into Lyn's hand. "I need a break, guys. The details of the job were sent to your laptop, Lyn. We're done here for now."

Jack narrowed his eyes when the ghoul reminded him of how quickly they were found, but his eyes softened and looked away with a hint of concern. He shook his head and looked fairly resigned, "Fine, we'll deal with it. Let's just go." He said as he wandered back into the hallway without even waiting.

"You guys are gonna need this," Mercurio said to Lyniss, handing her the Astrolite.

Giving a dry laugh she shook her head, “I might have the ‘good stuff’ pumping thru me, but you have the type of place I dreamed of earning for myself. But given how this world works, I don’t want to have someone else give it to me. I just want fair pay, and to not owe any more ‘Labor’ to anyone else.” She sighed. “This job has me nervous, and I tend to go with my gut. If this puts my life on the line at any point whether he thinks it does or not, I want this trial to be complete. No, ‘Hey, there’s parts C and D, and each one of those has 1, 2, and 3, then you might be done. If I’m in a good mood’. Because otherwise, it feels like we are being set up to ‘accidentally die’ on a mission, given how much he doesn’t like Spike’s type, and I’m new and without a sire.” She said as she followed after Spike, but glanced back to Mercurio for a moment, “The easiest way to get rid of an unwanted burden, is to give it an impossible task, and one that will leave no traces back to you.”

Having nearly forgotten it, Lyniss withdrew the laptop from under her arm and set it down on the table for Mercurio. “This was at the place we broke into, figured it might have something interesting on it, if not, then I’ll see if I can find someone to clean it and I’ll have myself a new laptop.” She said, running a hand thru her long black hair.

She added, then nudged Jack with her arm a little, trying to give a smile, but it was most certainly bitter. “Not how I hoped things would go. But can you take the Astrolite? I don't think The Asylum will allow me in with it. And you have the backpack.” She said, having left her own at the apartment she had been given. “I need to talk to the girls at The Asylum, and after that I can meet back up with you and your band to let you know what Therese says about them playing for me.” She was trying to brighten his mood a little.

"Hey, I understand you're grievances. I'm not your enemy here. Spike is a good friend to you too. Just remember that the boss... he pays his debts and always follows through with his threats. Don't let your personal sensibilities drag you to an early grave or worse, affect those you care about. Being bossed around is fairly normal for a fledging like yourself, don't take it too personally. This isn't a warning, its a plea of understanding. The boss took a certain responsibility for you when he didn't follow through with his threat." Mercurio did have a very apologetic look about him. He wasn't at all insincere as far as she could discern. "Take some time, get your head on straight and come back when the jobs done. You won't regret it, trust me." He smiled and stepped back before seeing the laptop. "Interesting. I can see if I can find anyone who can deal with it, if you want. If it comes up with something interesting, I'll let you know. Once I get the info, you can have it back wiped clean. Does that sound like a deal?"

Meeting Jack outside in the hallway, he took the Astrolite from her to stick in his backpack. He looked glum and defeated, the defiance in his eyes snuffed out to nearly non-existant. He nodded at her as they wandered outside to the street, silently acknowledging her plan. "Let's exchange numbers. I want you to call me whenever you need anything." His disposition improved, but it was less glum and more closed off, making him harder to read, though there was a hint of resolution in his eyes. "I'll see you later," he gave her an attempt at a smile and took her hand in his, squeezing it firmly. "I've got some research to do."

Lyniss could feel herself grinding her teeth together as he spoke about the prince and that she would possibly affect those she cared about, “I’m a foster kid, I don’t have many people I know well enough to care about. The closest I have to that would be Jack, and we just met.” She explained, knowing that Mercurio knew probably very little about her. “Anyways, yeah, if there’s anything good on there I would like Jack and I to get some sort of credit or recognition, if not, then at least I get a new laptop.” She said, kind of liking the idea of the last part.

Once outside, Lyniss nodded to the request of exchanging numbers and got out her phone so she could add his number to her phone. Handing her phone to him, she let him put his in, and then put her number into his. “And it goes the same way too. If you or the girls need anything, let me know and I’ll see if I can help.” She informed him, then looked in the direction of The Asylum. “Yeah, I’ll see you later. I have a lot of errands to run and people to talk to before doing some recon on that place.” She explained, and squeezing his hand back, she pulled away and started down the road toward the club.

Already her mind was thinking and working on other things. Part of her wanted to stay with Jack, he was the only familiar thing to her in this whole world, but she knew she had to get on her own feet and look out for herself too, more so here than before. Sighing a little, she ran a hand thru her hair, and tried to remind herself that she wanted to re-dye her hair purple since the color had come out. But for the most part, she looked the part still.

The Asylum wasn't more than a few of blocks from here. Her path took her in the direction of the local Clinic. The ancient-looking building was always open late and had a fairly shady reputation. Rumors were that people would often go in with minor illnesses and somehow end up dead or missing within a few days. However, they did offer quite a decent sum for blood donors. It was one way some of the downtrodden in the area could make some extra money. As she walked by, she noticed a man sitting on a bench in front of the clinic looking around as if he was waiting for someone and then occasionally peaking at his cell phone. He seemed either nervous or possibly tweaking a bit. The latter was something not uncommon for Santa Monica. However, when he saw Lyniss walking by his eyes snapped to her and lit up like he found what he was looking for. He didn't move from his spot, but there was a smile on his face.

The guy wasn't ugly or strange looking, he was just an average white guy with dirty blonde hair combed neatly. He wasn't particularly tall or broad but seemed to be of average build. He was dressed fairly normal. He wore a grey t-shirt underneath a beige spring jacket and a pair of blue jeans. It almost seemed like he was expecting her to approach him, but remained where he was without a word. At this point, she was only about a block and a half from the Asylum, maybe a 10-15 minute walk. It was at this time her phone vibrated indicating a text message.
6ae901f4674b999b88e7abf740858ae6.jpg

Seeing the clinic, Lyniss had her reservations about it, and never went in, the rumors leading her to believe that it either was some human trafficking ring, or similarly shady business. But now knowing what she knew, she wondered if that was not the case, maybe it was actually vampire run, which would make quite a bit of sense now.

Noticing the guy sitting outside on the bench, she usually tried to avoid eye contact, once she noticed someone, she usually kept her distance, not very trusting of most, hell, she had even started that way with Jeanette. But this guy seemed to keep her attention, if only because he was acting a little jumpy. Of course he could be tweaking, at which point she was not interested. She had never been into drugs, and stayed clear of it, the example of many doped up celebrities being enough to dissuade her from giving it a try.

However, she began to get uncomfortable when he seemed to watch her, but thankfully he didn’t get up and come bother her. It was not until a few minutes later that she felt her phone vibrate and paused for a moment to fish it out of her pocket of the skirt and looked at the screen for who had messaged her, knowing not many would have her number, but she didn’t think it would be from the guy looking at her near the clinic, just a coincidence that he was watching his phone and looking or waiting for someone. Stopping her walking she read the message, but often kept glancing around to make sure no one was going to come up on her and mug her or something.

The message on her phone was from an unlisted number, however, the message itself was a pretty good hint of who it was from. "Details on the warehouse was sent to your email." A simple enough message with a clear hint of anonymity and discretion. Something you might expect from the organization she seemed to now is a part of, willing or not.

The man behind her stood up when she stopped. He didn't approach but seemed to be no more discouraged by her walking by. He shifted awkwardly and she could hear him speak quietly to himself, "Oh man, this is far out. I can't believe it, oh man." He seemed quite excited, but he just remained where he was looking at Lyniss still acting like he was expecting her to approach him or something. He sat back down for a moment but stood up again looking quite impatient. His mannerisms started to seem less like he was tweaking out and was more acting just nervous and awkward, almost like he was anticipating meeting a celebrity or trying to build up the courage to talk to a girl.

Seeing the message, she sighed a little, and nodded. A coincidence, but if that was the case, what was up with this guy? She continued walking and had intended on walking right by until he stood up, the movement catching her attention, then his words. What the hell is he on? She thought to herself before taking another second to look him over. He wasn't tweaking... was... was he... No, that wasn't likely. Shaking her head a little finally she sighed and looked toward the guy.

"Have we met? You seem to know me, but... I don't think I know you." She asked, trying to think if she could place him from somewhere. At this point she was walking up, and looking him over, obviously more concerned about him having a weapon or something, but the way he talked seemed more like he might have known her or even have been a fan. She wasn't very well known, but she had been at The Asylum that night she got shot, and she had sung before then. Then again, he could just be mistaking her for someone else.

The guys face certainly wasn't memorable enough to really spark any of Lyn's memories. It was hard to say if she had seen him before other than possibly in passing. However, when she approached and talked to him his face lit up like Christmas came early, "Aw man! I knew you'd come and talk to me, I just knew it." There was certainly something up about this guy. His enthusiasm almost seemed unnatural, not from a substance, but possibly due to a few screws loose. "I was sitting here and just chillin' and wondering where my master was and then I saw you! I was just like 'Aw, man! How cool is this!' You're a vampire aren't you? Man, I just had a feeling, seeing you walking around like you are and when you talked to me I just knew it! Aw, man."

Lyniss was shocked, and she seemed somewhat confused as she listened to his ramblings, glancing around for this 'Master' he was talking about and then he continued and she seemed at a loss for words. What the hell should she do? She was not ready for something like this to happen. Finally managing to gather herself she ran a hand thru her hair. "Who are you waiting here for?" She asked calmly, glancing around for anyone who might have been there. "And I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, this is just my normal outfit. I'm a singer." She tried to explain away as she brought her phone out and as she texted her location to Jack, she rolled her eyes. "Ugh, exes." She sighed and sent the text to Jack hoping he would get there soon since the only other thing she could think of was to see if she could get him to The Asylum and ask Theres or Jeanette what the hell to do, but if someone else knew this guy, she didn't want to mess with someone who might belong to someone else. Gods she hated not knowing anything about this world.

Lyniss and the guy were completely alone on the street, surely if she yelled loud enough someone inside the clinic might hear them, but not at their current volume. "A singer? That's Awesome! Where do you sing? Oh, man. Hey, don't worry, man. It's okay. I'm on the inside like you." He loudly whispered the last part. "I was waiting for my master. He's a vampire like you! Well, not completely like you, he's a real nasty looking dude. Just like you in the blood-sucking sense. I just saw you walking down the street and could just tell you were one of them. I just thought it would be so cool to talk to someone 'on the inside', know what I mean? Hehe, far out." He seemed to not be deterred at all or bothered by her text messaging. It only took a short time for her to receive a message back. "Urgent?"

The way this guy talked, he sounded crazy, and if he were not right on the money about her, she might have written him off as being insane, but the problem was, he was right. And that worried her a bit. Glancing to the text, she types Risk M of Break? She really wasn't sure, would anyone really listen to this guy, or would they all write him off as being a lunatic. She didn't want to risk it, so getting help but make sense, she just hoped that she was not putting Jack in danger with this. Sending the message, she looked back to the guy and seemed as though something dawned on her as she looked up at him, "I'm sorry, I just realized, I didn't get your name. You are?" She asked politely, just trying to keep the conversation going until Jack could arrive, hopefully. Thankfully, she already had a name in mind for if he asked her, not intending on using her real one if this guy asked it. "So how come you're hanging out here?" She asked him curiously.

"10 minutes." The message buzzed on her phone soon after she sent her own. Meanwhile, her recent acquaintance was in an excited stir about their meeting, "Name's Knox Harrington. I'm a ghoul, man! It's awesome. Sorry if I'm bothering you. I just saw you with my super vision and I just couldn't help but get excited. I don't really get to meet your kind very often, boss keeps me on a tight leash, ya know. Not that I mind... he's awesome! Gross and kinda scary, but still awesome. Aw, man." He seems to be all over the place in his mind but finds his refocus on the conversation, "You know, I was sittin just thinkin' and I thought, 'Whoa! How could I meet more vampires like the boss?' I said to myself, 'Man, I bet they'd hang around a blood bank. So I caught a cab here and BAM! Here you are, Aw, man! 200 IQ, this guy. Am I right?"

When he began explaining things she seemed to relax a little and nodded. "That would be a good assumption, but I wasn't coming here, you just happened to get lucky in running into me right now." She admitted before holding her hand out. "I was told about aliases, and figured one for me would be good. I'm Starling, like the bird." She said with a smile. "So, who is your master? I have not met too many others but I'm sure he might be upset that you just up and disappeared. Do you have a way to contact him? That way I can let him know where you are and that you're safe." She said, realizing the situation and getting her phone out again she texted Jack again,

I think I found a lost ghoul, he doesn't seem all there. And I told him I'm Starling.

She just kept him talking, and distracted, but seemed a little more at ease, even as she looked around to make sure that no one else was lurking around.

Knox whipped his hand out of his pocket and clapped his palm against hers, in a less formal gesture. "Oh, man, Starling. That's cool. Maybe I should think of an alias too. I could be like, Nightwing or The Bat, oh watch out." he poorly mimicked a stealthy dramatic action pose, "Anyways," he straightened out and his demeanor kind of mellowed a bit, "Well, my master is this nasty dude named, Bertram Tung. I have no idea how to contact him, but whenever he needs me, he just appears out of thin air, BAM! Oh, man, it freaks me out every time. I guess you could let him know at whatever vamp powwow you guys like to have. Though I like to imagine you guys are into some wicked stuff. But, maybe, I don't wanna know, oh man."

It isn't much longer that she can see a figure coming toward her at a quick walk. A tall man in a leather jacket hands buried deep in his pockets like its winter outside. His long black hair falling to one side while the other is buzzed short. The familiar figure waves to her and seems to kind of squint as he tries to make out the person she's talking to.

At the mention of those aliases she couldn't help but give a soft laugh, "Those are already taken unfortunately. Pretty popular characters actually." Seeing the tall figure she watched for a moment and then waved back, but kept her attention on Knox. "Actually, I like the name Knox. It's not an alias, but it still sounds cool." She replied, which was honest, she thought the name was interesting. She was trying to play it cool, and to not seem like a completely new person, but it was difficult when he was talking about things she had no idea about and obviously wanted to know about. Although she did keep wondering, why would someone make this guy a ghoul? And how did he manage to get away from the one in charge? Wasn't him spouting off about vampires at risk of breaking the masquerade? Or did they just assume no one would believe him no matter what he said. Either way, now she would have someone else to assist her in figuring out how to handle this.

When Jack was within earshot he called out to Lyniss, "Hey Starling." He walked right up to her leaning in to give her a peck on the lips. He put an arm around her shoulder and had a smile on his face and took a good look at Knox.

"Wowie, oh man. I can't believe this! Two in one night, oh man, oh man. What a rush!" Knox declared clearly aware that Jack was one too. "Man, I just knew this place was gonna be crawlin' with you guys."

"Who are you, again?" Jack asked casually.

"Knox man, Knox Harrington. I was just talkin' to Starling here about how I'm a ghoul and I just noticed her and man, I just got so excited."

Jack shook his head a bit confused, "Ah, whose your master?" Knox gave Jack the same speil, "Ah, okay. Did you're boss tell you you're not supposed to keep this stuff a secret and not be so open or loud about it."

"Aw, man. Yeah, I know. I was keeping quiet, I was trying to keep it to myself, but then your girl came up and talked to me and I just got so excited. Don't worry, I'm not gonna tell anyone. I'm cool. I won't break your marquee or whatever you call it. I was just coming out here to you know, people watch, but you know for vampires. I thought it would be fun. I didn't mean to cause any trouble. Sorry if I freaked out a bit. My boss gave me the skinny on you guys, you can trust old Knox to keep everything under wraps."

"Alright, good to know. But, just to be safe, you should probably head home. We've got a show to catch so maybe we'll see you later." Jack tried to end the conversation.

"Sure, sure." Knox seemed happy enough to compy, "I'll head home. Maybe I'll see you two at the Asylum some time. I hang out there once in a while. I know I don't really look the type, but I figure being a Ghoul and all, whose more Goth than me, am I right?" He laughed at his own joke and waved before walking off, turning quickly down the alley.

Nodding to Jack, she actually smiled, and then the peck on the lips seemed to have thrown her off a little, but she rolled with it, leaning into Jack as though it was normal, looking back to Knox. His excitement was practically the same as when he had met Lyniss, and hearing him, she glanced up at Jack with the look of ‘see what I was talking about?’.

Hearing the whole explanation again, she nodded a little to Jack, “I was worried about that too, and thought he might be lost since he has no way of contacting his master.” She said with a sigh.

Listening to the talk between the two, Lyniss had to stop herself from correcting Knox when he said ‘your girl’ figuring she would let it slide since he didn’t know, and given how Jack had walked up, anyone watching might have thought they were together.

Finally getting the whole thing sorted out, and watching Knox walk away, Lyniss turned to Jack, her eyes still glancing to the direction Knox went in. “Are you sure we should just let him walk off alone like that?” She asked, still a little worried given what little she knew about their kind and the rules, but letting that one walk around alone didn’t seem like a good idea. “Thanks for coming to meet me. I wasn’t sure what to do. I thought it was odd that he recognized me, and thought maybe he just happened to see me perform, then he spouted off with the whole knowing what I was thing.” She leaned her head on Jack’s shoulder a little. “If I could have a heart attack I might have.” She said, then glanced back toward where Knox had been, “He said his Master keeps him on a tight leash and that he wanted to meet other vampires, so he called a cab and rode over here to just sit and wait.” She explained.

Thinking about the name Knox had said she looked to Jack, “Do you know the name he mentioned? Bertram Tung?” She asked curiously. “He mentioned him being a ‘Nasty Dude’ and that he just ‘appears out of thin air’ when he needs him.” She said, and looked in the direction of the Asylum. “Mind walking me the rest of the way? I know they probably won’t let you in, but at least a block away?” She asked, having had enough weird for the next five minutes at least.

"No problem," Jack slipped away from her casually as Knox walked off, he had a cheeky grin on his face as if he just got away with something. "I think he'll be okay. Ghouls are weird, but they can't break any rules their masters set for them. They obey without question. If he's really on a tight leash. I wouldn't doubt he was out here on orders. I don't know who Tung is, but the way he explained him, he's probably a Nosferatu. They're ugly dude who live in the sewers and basically know everything. It possible he was telling the truth, but at the same time, he could have been keeping an eye on you. It's no secret to the community who we are, we were on stage at a public execution."

He looked around suspiciously and started to walk with her toward the Asylum. After a block he continued to talk to her in a fairly hushed tone, "Some vampires can literally turn invisible. Knox could have been a distraction so Tung could get a good look at us. If Tung is a Cammy, he might have even been testing you. This is a weird world we live in Lyn, there's strange shit lurking in the shadows. You never know who the real bad guys are or if someone is just toying with you. Some of these Elders have been alive for hundreds, even thousands of years. It's important to try and remember that in many cases, there's a reason for everything. Coincidence is rare when it comes to vamps."

"I'm tempted to even try and go in with you, but Therese takes her domain quite seriously. Maybe that's one thing I should explain to you. There are places, known as Elysium. Its basically a place where no fighting is allowed. You're not allowed to hunt there or pretty much anyone. Elysium is declared by the Prince. But, since there is no official Prince of Santa Monica, Therese has unofficially declared her domain, The Asylum, an Elysium. So you need to pay proper respect in there. Also, because of the attack, in a sense, I inadvertently broke her Elysium. It wasn't my fault, so its possible she doesn't blame me, but that doesn't mean she will want back in there. Its possible you, I, or we will have to do something for her if I want to get back in. You can bet she'll take advantage. Tit for tat is a common currency for cammies. I hope that makes sense."

They turned a corner and Lyniss could hear the low bass of the club music emanating down the street. Jack stopped and gave Lyn's arm a pat. "If you leave early enough, meet me at the diner. Otherwise, call me tomorrow night when you're not busy."

Lyniss listened to what he said and seemed to think on what he explained, before nodding, it made sense, she was rather young and wouldn’t be a phobic of talking to others yet, and she didn’t have the mind set that others did. Hearing that he might have been right there, looking at them did make her uncomfortable and she leaned into Jack a little, shaking her head, “Ugh… just when I thought this world couldn’t get any more creepy I find out others can do that.” Sighing a little, she could hear and see the Asylum, and after hearing about what it was and what it meant, she nodded in understanding, “Got it. Well I’m going to head inside, and see about speaking to both of them before heading out. I have a lot of people who want to talk to me apparently.” She said as she began making her way toward the door, then as he was walking away she smirked a little and pulled out her phone, texting him.

Thanks for coming to my rescue. You’re like a white knight. Lol.

Turning to look at him over her shoulder she waited to see his reaction before getting closer to the door, wondering what Jack would think. But she also began to wonder what other kinds of powers there were out there that vampires had since there seemed to be much more than she had thought.

Jack stood by diligently watching as Lyniss walked into the club. As she looked over, he did look at his phone and his reaction was minor; just a simple shaking of the head. Though, she could almost sense there was an eye roll involved. The bouncer at the front was the same man as before. He nodded to her as she entered but nothing more. However, unlike the other guests, she was not charged an entrance fee.

The Asylum was quite loud inside. The melodic guitars and heavy drums were a sign of metal. A deep growl came from the singer. The deep guttural tones mixed with the distortion effects applied made the vocalist sound like some kind of pit demon. The crowd was close to the stage and in the center, a ring of fans flung themselves violently against each other in a moshpit. A buffer of people lined around the ring and diligently separated the aggressive dancers from the rest of the crowd.

The poster on the wall indicated a band called Arch Enemy was starting for another band Kamelot, which also seemed to be collaborating with the prior band, though their styles were quite different. Arch Enemy was death metal, while Kamelot was more symphonic metal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk2-bgwA0Ro

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDLZ6Mqy7AM

Though the music was loud, over by the bar it wasn't so much that you couldn't speak and understand others. There was also an upstairs area where people were able to sit at tables or on couches that were away from the excited masses who were here for the music.

However, as Lyniss approached the bar, the music's volume lowered down to a muted echo of the bass and the lights dimmed everywhere except for around the bar itself. Highlighting the lone figure bartending. It was a slender and pale figure with long black hair, a dark red corset, and a fashionable nose piercing. It was Lilith, though her eyes were reflective crimson orbs, void of emotion. She gave Lyn a weak attempt at a warm smile as she approached. She continued to clean the bar, though all she was really doing was wiping the same spot over and over with a rag that looked soaked in a black ooze that smelled of blood. As far as Lyn could tell, it was just her and Lilith, alone in this dark abyssal place that didn't quite feel like the Asylum. It was more of a shadowy reflection of the club where Lyniss was alone in a tunnel of darkness with only her recently deceased sire for company.

Entering the club, Lyniss made her way in a couple of steps before pausing to look and listen to the music. It wasnt something she herself would do, it just wasn't her style, but she had respect for other music and musicians even if it was not something she used.

Heading up toward the bar, Lyniss made it a good ways there before she noticed the bartender and stopped in her tracks, noticing who it was, and how impossible it was that it would be Lilith. She had seen her die. She was right there when it happened, so what the hell was going on. Looking around she noticed the lighting seemed to dim, but she wasnt sure why. Lyniss knew she was awake, but if that was the case, what was happening? Taking a moment to ground herself, Lyniss rubbed her eyes a little as though she was tired and glanced up again, hoping what she had seen was gone so she could talk to Jeanette, otherwise she would have to figure out what this was, and why it was happening.

After running her eyes and gaining her composure, looking up again, the music resumed as if it was always there. There was a large bald man behind the counter covered in tattoos and wearing only a fairly messy looking apron over a large dark tank top. He was looking at Lyn with a raised eyebrow and scowl as he wiped the same spot on the bar making it look like he was busy. After a moment he looked away from her with a low incomprehensible grumble and turned around.

There was no evidence of what she had seen before other than how clear and detailed the memory was currently burned into her retina. That and a cold feeling that enveloped her body with and the smell of that musty black ichor she saw on the rag. Other than that, everything seemed to go quite back to normal, at least as normal as it could be in the gothic lair of a pair of vampiric twin sisters.

Seeing everything return to normal, she decided something else was in order, and while she would have rather seen Jeanette, she wanted to speak with Therese first. Stepping up toward the bar Lyniss glanced toward where she knew the elevator to be. "Excuse me, is Therese in? And is she available to talk? If so can you let her know Lyniss is here to speak to her?" She asked politely. She wasn't sure who he was, but he didn't seem to like her from the scowl he gave, so she figured it was best to be straight to the point and leave the man alone to do... well nothing really, but to at least look like he was busy. Glancing around again she wondered what had happened and figured after talking to Therese she could ask Jeanette who might be more forthcoming with information without taking advantage of her too much. She had considered asking Therese just because she didn't know what else vampires could do, but what she saw, she figured might have been caused by someone, and if it was, who and why?

Back
Top Bottom