Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[NSFW] (Private RP)

A rush of feelings, sights, sounds, and she was so hungry. This was far beyond anytime she had been hungry before, and she thought she knew what real hunher was like, but what ever was wrong with her made any other time she was starving pale in comparison to now. Lyniss wanted to bury her head under a pillow and curl up im a ball to stop the bonbardment on her senses. But then she felt something else, something that was feeding that beyond starving feeling inside her, and she latched onto the source, drinking, and drinking until someone stopped her, pinning her down.

As her vision cleared... Or did she open her eyes? Questions began to fill her mind. Where was she? What happened? How did she get here? Had someone slipped her some sort of drug? No that couldnt have been it, she had been drinking water... Right? Hearing Lily's voice, Lyniss focused on it and it took her a moment to register what was happening or what she meant. Never done this before? Couldn't let her go? This of course made Lyniss very nervous, that was something a psycho or stalker would say in a movie, and given she had no clue of what was going on she had no idea how far from the truth she was.

She tried to speak, but nothing came out. Licking her lips a little she tried again, clearing her throat a to get past the fear. "What are you babbling about? What happened?" She began to ask, closing her eyes for a moment and rubbing them, "What the hell did you give me? I have heard of the effects and seen the effects of most roofies, but this doesnt feel how they sound." She glanced at the bite mark on her chest now, and her eyes widened in concern, not yet realizing she had been the one who caused it, "Are you alright?" Then she remembered, she had been shot. Panicing she hurried in checking herself, looking for the bullet wound. Had it been a nightmare, or did she really get shot, and if she had been shot, why was she not at the hospital with others from the incident. Her head began swimming again, drowning in too many thoughts, assumptions, and trying to piece together what happened. "Was i shot?" She simply asked, figuring that was a good place to start as she layed back on the mattress again putting her hand over her eyes and trying to relax a little.

Lily did her best to calm herself when Lyniss started to ask questions, however, she did not look very relieved. Guilt wracked her visage and she could not look Lyn in the eyes. Her carefree and sexy appearance became wrought with distress and anxiety. "You were shot, and you were bleeding so much. Those men, they killed everyone. I couldn't help myself. It hurt me to watch you dying. I just wanted you to be okay. I know, I know we just met, but you didn't deserve that fate, it had nothing to do with you. It should have been me, or Jack or someone else. But you and the other Kine were innocent, why would they do something so cruel?" She sniffed, and looked out the apartment window.

The apartment was fairly nice. It looked like it was fairly upscale, she must have had some other source of income besides bartending to pay for this place. "I messed up and I'm sorry. I don't think I have long... I was so stupid, I don't know how the Prince will react to this. Maybe he won't find out, but it was unlikely considering how I had to drag you here."

The confirmation that she was shot didn't seem real and she couldn't help but laugh nervously, "But... I... I'm not dead. And..." Her brain was trying to process what was happening. Lily had said she was dying when this happened, and she had yet to register how and why she was alive. Then words caught her attention, "Wait... Who were the people that shot up the club? And what do you mean Kine? And I don't get it. What happened to me Lily? You said I was dying... why am I not dead, or in a hospital?" She snapped, getting a little agitated. None of this was making sense to Lyniss. Sighing a little she got up from the mattress and walked toward Lily, stumbling a little, her body feel... odd, like she was still suffering from some sort of high. "Lily, what is going on. I don't like being left out of the loop." She asked, placing a hand on the woman's shoulder.

At mention of a Prince, Lyniss looked up at her in confusion, "Prince? Are you in some sort of gang?" She asked, trying to make sense of what she was talking about, "When told that she didn't have long, it was Lyniss's turn to be concerned, "Why would they be upset that you saved me from dying?" She asked. It sounded ridiculous that someone would be upset about that, but clearly who ever this person was terrified Lily, "Would it be better if you just went to them with me? Would you be in less trouble instead of hiding it?" Hoping she could help Lily a little.

Lily took a moment and put on a less trouble face, trying to hide the fear, "Lyn, I am a vampire. Therese, Jeanette, Jack... the Prince, those men. We are vampires." She shook her head and let out a uneasy chuckle. "I must sound so stupid. I wasn't prepared for this, my Sire made it seem so easy." She said half to herself.

"You died, Lyn. When those men came in they killed you. I felt the life leave your body, your blood went cold. Your heart stopped. You died, and I fed you my blood. You came back, Lyn. But you aren't alive." Lily was trying to get as much out as she could, but paused after the flood of information she threw at Lyniss. She shook her head, seemingly having trouble figuring out what to say.

At first Lyniss laughed nervously, "W-What? N-No... those are just in movies, and-and books..." But the more that Lily explained the more her smile from the nervous laugh disappeared and she felt her stomach tighten. She felt like she was going to be sick. "T-This... This is a horrible joke to play on someone." Trying to find some reason to what she was saying, but her mind was beginning to accept it... well... sort of. Lyn's eyes went wide when she was told she died, telling herself it wasn't real, it was... it had to be a dream... or nightmare... it just couldn't be real. But no matter how many times she tried t deny it, she began recalling the men entering, drawing the guns, shooting up the bar, and a hot liquid going down her front before she found herself on the ground.

"N-No... I... I was just beginning to get my life in order... I managed to get on stage finally... that was my dream that I worked for since I was thrown out of the foster system! And... and now you're telling me... I... I died and you brought me back? Wh-What am I suppose to do now?" Then she began thinking again, her mind beginning to work over time, giving her a small dizziness as she leaned against the wall, "Did Jeanette really just bring me there for an audition, and..." She trailed off as she withdrew the key Therese had given her, "Did Jeanette or Therese have an ulterior motive for bringing me there? Or was it just to give me a chance at singing?" She had to focus on something, anything else, and if she was going to accept this, she needed answers before this "Prince" arrived and... what would they do to them? "What will happen to you and me? Once the Prince finds out?" She asked fearfully. Would her new life be cut short tonight?

The next few moments went with a blur. It seemed the new life, or whatever unfortunate fate had decided to befall her tonight would continue to get worse. Before Lilith could answer any of the many questions and concerns that plagued Lyniss's mind, the door to the bedroom bust open, but not just like a kick open. The door itself splintered and shattered, the force of it like it was hit by a truck. Two figures moved like a blur entering the room. Their eyes were blazing red and bared dangerous fangs. Lily, reacted much quicker than Lyn expected, she was very fast, but not quite fast enough. As she attempted to defend herself and Lyniss, the monster grabbed her by the neck and out of nowhere, a steak was driven straight into her heart. Lilith went stiff and was dropped to the floor. All of this happened in a course of 3-4 seconds. Before she could even react, Lyniss felt nothing again. However, she remained awake. She could feel the stake piercing her chest, breaking her ribs and piercing into her heart. Yet, she was completely paralyzed.

The next hour was a harrowing experience. Lyn's and Lilith's incapacitated corpses were unceremoniously stuffed in the large trunk of a car, with no care for any additional harm the creatures were doing to them. With nothing to see but the dark interior of a smelly old trunk, staring into the lifeless eyes of the bartender was all she experienced for quite awhile. After what seemed like ages, the car stopped and the two were thrown over the shoulder of one of the bestial men and carried into some abandoned old theater in downtown LA.

Entering the theater from the alley, they were carried in and brought on to a stage. They two of them weren't the only ones. On the stage with them was Spike, or Jack, whatever he was called. He knelt down trying to struggle, he was gagged, bound and the creature holding him down was something out of some horror flick, it was a humanoid creature grey skin, possibly 8 feet tall with deep red eyes. He carried a wide sword that was even taller than him. He held down Jack with no effort. Jack had not been staked and looked desperate to speak.

The two were dropped beside him and the stakes were wrenched from their hearts, the pain returned as well as the ability to move. However, weak from the damage, it was hard not to just collapse onto the floor in a heap. Both were placed in a kneeling position and held down by their captors.

There were people in the audience. Scattered here and there, it was hard to make them out, the room was fairly dark. On stage the hot spotlights shone on the three, making even harder to see. Lyniss heard someone walk on stage. It was a man dressed in a business suit. He wasn't a man of large stature, but something about him irradiated power, his presence demanded respect. He didn't even look at those held down, but instead addressed the crowd.
OuHlpG3.png
"Good evening," the man started, in a well spoken manner with a hint of a French accent. "My fellow Kindred, my apologies for disrupting any business or interfering with prior engagements you may have had tonight. It's unfortunate that the affairs that gather us together here is a troubling one." He spoke as if the affair was business. He was formal, but spoke with no sense of anger or distress. He was entirely calm and something about his demeanor ensured that though he understood the seriousness of the matter, it was not having an affect on his composure. "We are here because the laws that bind our society together, the laws that are the fabric of our existence, have been broken."

He pauses for a moment, Spikes straining was muffled but through the silence in the crowd was quite loud in comparison, as if the seats were filled with mannequins. "As Prince, I am within my rights to grant or deny the Kindred of this city the privilege of siring. Many of you have come to me seeking permission, and I have endorsed some of these requests. However, the accused that sits before you tonight was not refused permission. Indeed, my permission was never sought at all." A hint of anger at the unusual transgression came through at this point. The man, titling himself Prince, clearly was not pleased when those beneath him disobeyed.

"They were caught shortly after the Embrace of this Childe." He said, his composure returning, "It pains me to announce the sentence, as up to tonight, I considered the accused a loyal and upstanding member of our organization." He didn't even speak her name, as if she meant so little to him, despite his carefully chosen words. "But as some of you may know, the penalty for this transgression, is Final Death." The harsh sentence should have brought some reaction from the crowd, but they remained silent, not a gasp of breath or stirring in seats. "Knot that I am no more a judicator than I am a servant of the law that governs us all. Let tonight's proceeding serve as a reminder to out community that we must adhere to the code that binds our society, lest we endanger all of our blood." He paused for a moment before walking to Lily's side and kneeling before her. "Forgive me." He said in a faux apologetic tone, before standing up.

"Let the penalty commence." He said with a hint of pleasure. Before she could let out any chance of protest or defense, the giant man lifted his great blade into the air and let if fall heavily upon Lily. Her head separated from her body and rolled staring lifeless at the ceiling only inches away from Lyn. Only a moment later, the head started to turn pale and grey before collapsing in on itself. What once was flesh, became ash and what once was a beautiful woman was no more than dust scattered on a lifeless stage. Spike continued to struggle, he struggled with all his might, but the creature that held him was so powerful, casual, gray and emotionless as before.

Still the spectacle did not stir the crowd. "Which leads to the fate of the ill-begotten progeny." The Prince continued casually as if this was all in a days work, no remorse for the life he just had snuffed out by his monstrous henchman. "Without a sire, most childer are doomed to walk the Earth, never knowing their place, their responsibility, and most importantly, they laws they must obey. Therefore, I have decided that..." Then, suddenly out of the crowd a man, stood up and finally protested.

"This is bullshit!" Two others who were sitting with him grabbed at him and held him back. The group were dressed quite differently from the rest, while the others were dressed in formal attire this lot were dressed much more casual. The man who protested was a Spanish looking man who wore a dark blue bowling shirt over a white tee and had loose fitting blue jeans on. His attire was quite dated, though he didn't look older than about thirty. The two he was with were dressed quite differently, a girl with red hair looked like she belonged in a punk concert and the other one was a tough and handsome black man, and looked like he could have been straight out of a R&B video. A strange group to be together, but seemed to be quite a tight knit group. As though they held the other back, the others looked quite angry at the Prince.
2EQMDOb.png
tZOwKcA.png
ghK8qLD.png
Whispering amongst the crowd could be heard and the Prince stood silent for the moment. More stood up, joining the other's protest. "If Mister Rodriguez would let me finish. I have decided to let this Kindred live. She shall be instructed in the ways of our kind and be granted the same rights. Let no one say that I am unsympathetic to the plights and causes of this community." Lyniss was let go and she fell onto the stage, the force causing the remaining ashes on the stage scatter further.

"Now, onto the next course of business. The thin-blood. A newcomer to our community. Traveled from another domain to find refuge among what he thought kin. Thin-bloods are usually not tolerated in this community. They endanger the Masquerade with their very existence and in most cases have no direct bloodline to speak of. Powerless, weak and more trouble than they are worth. However, it has recently come to my attention that this one had come with a warning to us. A warning of an enemy encroaching on our territory. Mortal hunters with knowledge of our kind and the resources and skills to find us and bring us the Final Death. They are as we feared, the second Inquisition and if it wasn't for this wretched creature, one of my beloved friends, Therese Voreman, could have befallen a worse fate. But due to his bravery and information, we were able to arrive just in time to defeat those who wreaked such havoc on her sacred haven. As far as we know these two were the only ones local, but surely more will be sent now that the scent is fresh. I have decided that due to his bravery, he will be allowed to live as well." Jack was dropped to the floor, but as soon as he tried to get up he was struck across the head, knocked unconscious before he could react.

"That concludes our business for tonight. I thank you all for attending these proceedings, and I hop their significance is not lost." His volume decreases and he finished with, "Au revoir." With that the crowd disbursed, the lights turned off and the two whelps were left in the dark of the theater, one still unconscious and the other with a gaping wound in her chest. The grip of oblivion threatened her very existence again as she succumbed to the wound and once again fell into darkness.

Again, fate once again, pulling the near deceased back from the grip of death. The cycle tiring on the soul. Lyniss woke up, again... however, this time, she felt more, whole full and calm. Despite the horrors of last night, if now was any further along in time (as it felt like it could have been weeks), she felt okay, physically at least. She was no longer dressed, laying naked on a fairly comfortable but somewhat lumpy mattress. She was under some covers that looked second hand, could use a wash, but was fine for keeping her from being completely exposed. The room she was in was small. It was a dingy old studio apartment. The bed took up most of the room, but their was also an old box television with a bent antenna on top that rested upon a small wooden dresser that looked like it couldn't hold much other than a few outfits. There was a clock radio on a wooden nightstand next to the bed that blinked new years eve at midnight, which likely meant she had no idea what day or time it was. There was a kitchen with an old fridge, an electric range and the cabinets had a coulpe doors missing. The kitchen looked completely barren from where she sat. There was also an small rusty looking metal desk with a laptop sitting on it. Beige wallpaper pealed down showing the faded drywall underneath. There were two doors, one was likely to a hall, as she could tell from the only window in the place that she wasn't on the bottom floor. The other led into a bathroom that looks like it hasn't been used in ages. The furniture and decorations were all mismatched. Everything looked like it had been grabbed randomly from a flea market in a hurry.

A shade was pulled over the window, but she could see that it was night. It was dark and silent. The room wasn't lit by anything more than the LEDs of the clock radio. Something caught Lyn's eye. The laptop light was also blinking, showing it was on. There was one of those pads of yellow and red lined paper sitting next to it with a pen resting on it. Other than that, she seemed to be alone.

Everything happened far too fast for Lyniss to react. The door was shattered to pieces and Lyniss barely had enough time to move toward Lily, clearly too stunned to know what to.do, and too new to do anything helpful. In a latter of moment Lily was being held by one of the... Men? And then there was a stake in her chest. Lyniss tried to scramble back in fear, clearly terrified, but then it happened again, for some reason today was not her day. Pain went through her, and she wanted to scream, but her body was unable to move at all. At this point she just wanted the pain to stop, she had been through enough at this point.

The car ride in the trunk pissed her off, she was beginning to realize what horrible people these things were. Finally the vehicle stopped and the two women were gotten out of the trunk and walked into a theater if some kind only to be roughly tossed to the floor of the stage and the stakes pulled out. The creature hardly needed to hold her, Lyniss was too busy being in pain from the stake breaking through her skin, and bones to feel the need to fight them. As the man came to the stage she managed to look up, and everything seemed to just go from bad, to worse, to something far beyond that. First was the transgression of what had happened to Lyniss, but she knew this man who was the Prince didn't really give a crap, he was grandstanding and lying through his teeth, and as he deemed that her punishment would be death, Lyniss shook her head, wanting to protest, wanting him to leave Lily alone and get rid of her instead, but this man didn't care to listen to anything but his own voice it seemed. To Lyniss's horror the man had one of the others cut Lily's head off. And if Lyniss was not already traumatized, he certainly was now, feeling tears begin to brim her eyes when she looked down at what was once Lily's head.

Then it was her turn. She had hoped the man would just get rid of her too. Mostly what he said was true, and any questions she had hoped to have answered were gone with Lily, and she doubted any of those in the audience would be willing to answer her, at least not honestly. When the man began to announce what was to become of Lyniss, the girl's eyes didn't bother looking up at him, it wasn't until someone finally spoke out that she glanced in that direction, where was he a moment ago when they were killing Lily, she thought to herself. But it seemed the prince changed his mind, Lyniss having no doubt that he had planned to kill her as well, and had the man not called out so soon, he would have given her the same sentence as Lily, but he changed his tune and allowed her to live. Oh yay... she thought as she was released and fell down, a whimper of pain coming from her as she curled up a little, the pain still very much there as she glanced toward Jack.

Most of what was said Lyniss didn't understand, at most she understood that the men who had shot up the club were dead, more were coming, and Jack was being allowed to live. Then like that, everything was done and people began leaving, not seeming to give a damn about Lyniss as she lost consciousness again.

Waking up once more, the girl groaned, she was tired of waking up, she didn't want to put up with more of this... Lily was gone, and again, Lyniss was alone. Sure there was a community of vampires around her somewhere, but they were not going to be of much help, at least that was how she felt at the moment. Slowly sitting up, she kept a hold of the blanket, taking in the small studio, it was more than what she had most the time, but she knew very low income when she saw it. Wrapping the blanket around herself she waked around the room before making her way to the computer, looking at it then to the pad of paper and pen.

The computer's screen was dark, but on. It certainly wasn't a standard Windows machine, maybe DOS or Linux. The screen was black and there was a prompt labeled "please enter password to continue:" in green like an older machine would. The laptop was probably 10 years old or more, considering it was dingy, thick and didn't have the slick rounded edges of modern laptops. The pad next to it had a note written by someone.

"Hey, the password for your computer is "sunrise". Keep the cash in the drawer... it's yours. I dropped you and email with my address... come on over after you get settled.
-Mercurio"

Glancing at the fossil of a computer, Lyniss shook her head and sighed. Glancing to the notepad on the side, she read the note left from... Mercurio? Again, someone she did not know, but now she was getting a little curious about who that was. Seeing the mention of cash in a drawer her eyebrows furrowed but she would look at that later. Typing in the password she began trying to figure out how to use this outdated thing so she could find the email the person was talking about and get the address to where it was she was meant to meet Mercurio.

(Technology Roll of 1, 6, 7.)

Sighing a little, Lyniss could not go out in a blanket, despite how fashion forward it was, she needed to throw some clothes on. That is when she realized, she only had a few outfits left and they were all in her bag which had been left at The Asylum the night of the shooting. Groaning, she decided she should check and see if she was left any clothing. Holding the secondhand blanket around her she began looking in the closets and drawers to find something to wear, hoping whatever she found was not as bad or as dated as what was in the apartment. Thinking about it, she was also pretty certain she needed to return the apartment key to Therese, uncertain if she still had a job performing at the Asylum. Putting the thought aside she focused on getting dressed so she could get out of here and figure out the big question going through her head, "What happens now?"

Typing in the password was simple enough. Despite it being old, computer input hasn't changed much that it would require any special skills to use it. Keyboard and mouse has been the standard form of input since the 80s. Of course, since then we've developed touch screens and voice commands, but other than that, mouse and keyboard are the same as they've ever been. The machine accepted the password and the next thing that popped up was all in text. It certainly wasn't a Microsoft operating system, maybe some distribution of Linux or maybe even an original one. There was a banner that indicated the machine was owned by something called the LaCroix Foundation and was connected to their Secure Intranet. An internal network only accessible by those who are directly connected. The screen indicated that she had 5 emails, only had two available commands at this point, email and quit. Under that the command prompt and her account name which was LynR@home. Despite her never telling them her real last name, it seems that someone has done their research. They might have gained access to her criminal record or to her social services record. Whoever this Mecurio and this LaCroix Foundation was, they likely had some contacts in the local government willing to divulge personal information, possibly even on their payroll.

The room didn't really have any closets, the only two doors being the bathroom and the apartments hallway. The dresser right under the TV, however, had something she wasn't quite expecting. First of all, it had the clothes she wore last night, yet by some miracle, they were pristine. Their wasn't any sign of blood on them. But that wasn't what was most surpirising, the rest of her clothes that she had thought were well hidden, were neatly folded up and in here as well. The thought that these people could have found so much about her so quickly was very disconcerting. Of course, she wasn't quite sure when the date was, so it could have been weeks since she was last awake, considering the devastating wounds that were inflicted on her. Which of course, she noticed when dropping the blanket, there where no signs of. It was as if she had never been hurt, there wasn't even any minor scarring.

Finding her things was somewhat comforting, these things were familiar to her, while this whole room and everything in it were foreign to her, and the whole thing made her uneasy. Who ever these people were, they knew too much about her for Lyniss's preference, hell they even had found out her name, what else did they know? Thankfully Lyniss had never had a criminal record, she stayed out of that type of thing, and spent most of her time on the streets singing or doing minor thefts, but so far she had never been caught by the police. Getting on one of the other goth outfits, simply for something comfortable to her, she then took her bits and pieces of make up and opened the compact to get her make up put back on, or that was the plan until she saw her hair and then scurried to the bathroom, horrified to find that her once lovely amethyst hair was now back to the raven black it had always been. She stood in the mirror for a while, running her hand through it, shaking her head she making sure it was real before sighing and finishing putting on the makeup, she could see about dying it back later. Thankfully putting on makeup didn't take very long, and soon she was brushing out her long black hair.

Finding her backpack she slung it over her shoulder and taking the money left, she counted it before putting it into her outfit pocket. Meandering around the apartment, she wondered who it belonged to, and looked closely as a few of the nick-nacks. On one hand they seemed very well informed, but on the other hand, she felt uneasy about how close to the government they must have been to have the type of sway they must have had to get her files from social services, since those people love to give even her the run around about getting her information.

Once dressed, she went back to the laptop and decided she should look at the emails, clicking on only the ones addressed to herself, feeling odd looking at emails addressed to her when this was not her original email that she had created at the library on google, but she could worry about that later. Looking through the emails, she read each one carefully and one at a time, peeling the note left by Mercurio to free up a new blank page so she could take a few notes, like the address which she figured she would get before too long to meet this mysterious person.

Last edited:
Lyn's 5 emails were all from different people, the first, was from Mercurio.

Subject: Welcome

Hey. Welcome to town. Come on over to my place once you get situated, and we'll talk about what you'll need to get the job done. I'm going to pick up explosives right now, some Astrolite...I should be back by the time you come over. I'm at 24 Main Street, in number 4.

-M

The "job" he mentioned didn't make sense until the following message that was from a LaCroix.

Subject: Your Trial

Childe,

My apologies about your sire, it might seem tragic and cruel from a fledgling like yourself, but you must understand, our kind are always in danger of discovery. When Lilith was embraced, she was instructed in the laws of our kind and knew the penalty for her transgression. Without consulting her elders, she brought an outsider with little knowledge into our world, endangering our very existence. We take our safety very seriously. You have witnessed the result of what happens when our masquerade is breached first hand. The attack on the Asylum was no random terrorist action, but a calculated attack on our kind. It was a message, a warning that we have been discovered by the Second Inquisition and that we need to be ever vigilant or we will all end up like poor Lilith, in the Final Death.

The fate that has fallen upon you was not your fault, and you knew nothing of our laws. Therefore it would have been unfair of me to take such harsh judgement upon you. Let it be known that Kindred are not unsympathetic to mortals. You may thing that being a vampire means you are a blood sucking killer, but this is simply not the case. Though you require blood to stave off the beast, by no means do you need to kill your herd to sustain yourself. Our kind have many ways of obtaining Vitae that you will learn over time, for now, I suggest speaking to Mercurio, my servant for some advice. Although he is not one of us, he is quite experienced and can teach you quite a lot.

Of course, by letting you live, I have taken it upon myself to be directly responsible for your subsequent behavior. We have many laws that you will be taught, but for now, the most important is upholding the Masquerade. Do not reveal your true nature as Kindred to anyone who isn't already aware. Breaking the Masquerade, depending on how it is dealt with varies with how it is punished. Lilith broke this rule, and her fate was decided by those even higher than myself. As your Prince, I am the final arbiter of justice in our city and uphold and maintain our laws. Before you do anything questionable, you should run it by me or the other elders first.

I wish I had time for more, but I am a busy man. Know that your fate is not yet decided, what I'm offering you is not pure generosity, but the opportunity to transcend the fate woven by your sire. This - is your trial. You were brought back to Santa Monica by my friend Therese Voreman, who I have been told you already met. You will be contacted by Mercurio, he will provide the details of the labor you owe me.

Remember, I have shown you great clemency in this matter. Prove it was more than a wasted gesture, fledgling. Prove to me you deserve better than the fate I had swiftly dealt to your sire.

Good evening,
Prince Lacroix

The third email read,

Subject: Welcome to the Camarilla

Neonate,

At your convenience, please come and visit me in my home downtown. I leave this to guide you.

Dark blood, our curse, a light this verse

Such power I sense in one so young.

Come find me where burns the mystical sun.

M. Strauss, Tremere Regent.

The fourth email read,

Subject: Love lost, and gained

Beautiful,

Such an unfortunate series of events. I am so sorry you have been pulled into this world in such a tragic fashion. Believe me when I say this was never my intention. I was captivated by you, no more. Please don't hate me.

I would love to meet you again, and possibly try and mend any fissure grown between us. Please visit me at my club, the Asylum.

-Jeanette

The last email read,

Subject: The opening

The game begins. The pawn is placed.

-A Friend

After the last email, its fairly obvious this laptop isn't good for anything other than emails. Specifically only within LaCroix's organization.

Searching the drawer for the money, Lyn found two envelopes. One that was from Mecurio that had about $1000, and the other was the key that Therese had given her before, probably to this apartment. It also had a note, "Please keep this haven as a place to lay your head, or lay low when you are in trouble. Feel free to stop by the Asylum if you have questions about our kind or society. I will happily give you some advice."

Lyniss read through each of the emails, the first one bring her to wonder, why in the hell would he need explosives? But she was sure she could ask him once she met him. She wrote that down on the pad quickly.

24 Main 4

Being careful she didn’t want someone else getting the address to Mercurio so writing a note she would understand made sense. She then move onto the next email.

Seeing the name, she had no idea who this one was until they went into detail, soon figuring out this was the prick that had killed Lilith. His message sounded disgustingly formal. Although he had let her live, she was certain he had only done it for popularity sake, not because he gave a damn about her, but then again, she did have a negative bias toward the man for obvious reasons. Reading that she was being given a Trial did not sound good, again she made notes on the pad.

Job? Trial? Vitae? What does the last one mean?

By time Lyniss got to the third email, she was confused even more, but she wrote more notes, this time including the riddle, but she would be leaving that one in the apartment, clearly having too much on her plate to be figuring this out on her first night out.

Camarilla?

Seeing the message from Jeanette Lyniss actually smiled and read it over carefully. Sighing a little she decided she would write back to this one, unlike the others.

I'm not upset with you, although I do have a few questions and with Lilith gone, I don't know who to talk to. I would love to come by to talk, if I have enough time after taking care of some errands, hopefully I can see you today.

-Lyniss

Finally the last message… Which she frowned at, her eyebrows furrowing a little. She didn’t really have many friends, and what game were they talking about. She knew they were probably referring to her as the pawn, that much was a given, but even in the back of her mind she knew the pawn was not a completely useless piece and could even become another more powerful piece. Shaking the thought from her head she gave a small laugh and locked the laptop, reminding herself to change the password to something else once she got back.

Taking a little of the money, only about two hundred, she left the rest hidden away in the apartment and put the key in the envelope into her pocket. Then it was time for her to head to meet Mercurio.

Heading out into the hallway, Lyn noticed the apartment building was quite small. Her apartment was labeled, 508. Across from hers was 507. The rest of the building looked to be in similar condition to the studio she was woke up in. Most of the walls were bare, with bits of wallpaper peeling off. This place was really a dump for those who didn't want any unwanted attention. Down a set of stairs were another set of apartments, 506 and 505, around a corner and another stairway was the front door, before them a group of 4 mailboxes, each labeled based on their apartments. Each had a name, Keegen for 505, Moore for 506 and Murrietta for 507. Her apartment, 508 had no name and was currently sitting open, but empty.

Walking into the hallway, she looked down both ways and then stepped out, locking the door behind her before she started heading toward the stairs. Once near front door, Lyn paused for a moment and looked at the mailbox, wondering if she should put her's there eventually, or wait to make sure she could finish what ever this job was. Stepping to the front door she looked around for some street sign to let her know where she was, and then figure out which way she needed to go to her to 24 Main Street, and how far it was compared to where she was. Getting her bearings she began heading in the right direction, knowing the city fairly well all things considered.

As she walked the began to contemplate things, mostly how she had gotten here, and where to go from here, this was all so different she was still in a state of shock and disbelief.

Lyn had exited the building into an alleyway. The apartment building exit wasn't on the street. It was just as dank and dingy as the interior. The alley was completely empty. It stopped one end against the back wall of another building and the other way led out onto a street. The entrance to the alley was mostly blocked by a dumpster, completely full of garbage.

The street she was on she immediately recognized as "Main" not only was this the street she would find her contact on, but it wasn't more than a block away from the Asylum. The street was lined with a lot of slum apartments and dingy stores. There was a store that was open below her building, taking up the first floor. The sign labeled it as Trip's Pawnshop. The light was on and the security gate open, despite how late it probably was. The building was 5 Main, which meant Mercurio's wasn't more than a couple blocks.

As she walked down the street, she noticed that the buildings' conditions started to improve the further she got. She passed by a free clinic, piercing and tattoo parlor, a few restaurants and an art gallery called "Gallery Noir". Across the street from the gallery was the building she was looking for. The apartments were more upscale, way out of most people's price range. Despite Santa Monica's problems, it was still quite expensive to live here, let alone have nice apartment. She knew that if she followed the street a bit further, it would lead her right to the water, where the pier and the boardwalk were located.

The front to the building was locked, and each apartment had a buzzer, including one that belonged to her contact.

Not too surprised to find herself in an alleyway, Lyniss turned to head toward the street, surprised to find Main already, but it was a good surprise, not like most of her other ones recently. Glancing both ways down the street she began walking toward 24th, humming softly to herself one of the many songs she knew, glancing around on occasion to make sure no one was going to try and mug her.

Going down the road she noticed the various shops, and slum apartments, and the further she got from the slums, the nicer the apartments got until she was glancing at a place called Gallery Noir. She didn't remember ever going in there before, and wondered if she could sometime. Shrugging the thought aside, she went to the apartments and upon finding the front locked and only a buzzer, she brought up her finger and pressed the number for his apartment, hoping he was home already, again wondering what he needed explosives for, but it might have been better to just not ask right now. While waiting, Lyniss glanced around again, taking in the appearance of the nicer area, a little envious of someone having such a nice place, although she had once hoped to have a house on the beach some day.

The greeting she got was different than she expected, first a harsh ragged cough caused the front speaker to make some harsh scratching noise, then was followed with a winded and forced New Yorker voice, almost like something out of a gangster movie. "Yeah? Who is it?" Followed by what sounded like someone trying not to be sick.

Furrowing her brow a little as she heard the voice she spoke into the speaker, "It's Lyniss. I was told to meet someone here about a job." She replied, a little concerned that this man sounded ill.

"Oh, thank fucking christ! Yeah, yeah, come in. And don't be alarmed, I've had a little accident. I'm gonna need a little favor." A quick buzz of the front door and it was unlocked.

Entering the building, it was clear how upscale the place was. The vaulted ceilings probably went up 20 or more feet. There were only 4 apartments for the entire building and they were all on the first floor. Directly on the marble floors below was quite a lot of blood. Fresh, wet blood. It was hard to avoid, but she could get around it carefully enough to not step in any. The door to apartment 4 was slightly ajar and she could hear coughing and sputtering from the other side.

See could see inside and the blood trail led straight to a sofa in the center of the living room, on which lay who must have been the man on the intercom. He was clenching his stomach, bleeding fairly badly. He was breathing and alive, but for how much longer, it was hard to tell. There was a phone on a nightstand beside him, covered in blood. Probably how he answered the buzzer.

Stifling a laugh from his abrupt statement Lyniss smiled a little and went to the now unlocked door, heading inside.

Seeing the blood on the floor was alarming, and while she would have liked to look around a little she instead decided she could take in the interior later. Waking well around and away from the blood, so she didn't leave foot prints thru it or spread it any worse than it already had been she finally came upon the man... with a stomach wound. She went over, but kept her distance a little, "Right... so I am suppose to be here for a job, but I think handling your injury will have to come first." She said as she waited for him to tell her what to do, not too certain of the lay out, so having him instruct her would be the fastest way to deal with the injury, "What the hell happened anyways?" She asked, figuring it might have had to do with getting the explosives.

The man groaned as he shifted to look at her, "Shit, those cowardly fucks. They got me with a bat from behind and shot me. I just managed to get away, but they took everything. I'm bleeding bad, I need your help. You're a vamp. Your blood, it heals. Its okay, I'm a ghoul. I know you are new, but don't worry. I'm the boss's man, so I know what I'm talking about. I just need a little bit, to stop the bleeding. If you don't, I'm probably toast in a couple hours. Can you manage that?"

He had a throw from the couch pressed up against the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

Most of what he said made no sense to her, but she went over to him to help. When he mentioned her blood she frowned a little, "Do you have a knife or something?" She asked, not exactly packing one herself, she didn't expect to need to open a vein for someone so soon. Thinking on her feet however, she hurried to the kitchen and got a small pairing knife, no need to make a deep cut right? But she also was a little hesitant, she didn't know what the hell she was doing, or if this was really the guy she was suppose to be talking to, she just hoped it was and that she would not end up as a pile of ash. "I can manage it I think, but you'll have to explain some terminology to me once your feeling better." She added, not sure what a ghoul was. Using the knife she found from the kitchen, Lyniss looked at her hand, hoping that on the palm would work good enough.

"What the hell are you doin? You're a vampire! God! I keep forgetting your right off the bus." When she got back he shook his head and coughed almost looking like he was trying to laugh, "It's okay. Relax and think, I know I look bad, but I've got a bit of time. This ain't my first scrape, sweets." He cringed, likely from the pain before he continued.

"Don't use the knife, bad idea. You're a nice girl, no need to go cutting yourself up. Do it the easy way, use your teeth. Nice and gentle, you won't even feel it. Once you are done, give it a lick and it'll be good as new. Its a trick you vamps have that'll help you stay out of trouble. Whenever you feed directly from the source, always lick the wound. Its the best way to hide who you are." He paused trying to sit up, but couldn't manage it, "Now, gimme the good stuff, so we can get to business."

Just as he finished talking, the phone gave off a buzz and a red light started to blink, "Shit, that must be Spike. He came to pick up the stuff. It's okay, you can trust him, he's one of us, one of you. Once we're square, I'll let him in."
1BVuwVY.png

She had considered using her teeth, but she was not certain of much, being far too new. Opening her mouth to explain that she was only a few days old, he seemed to realize that and explained what she should do, at the same time giving her a lesson in a little about what to do, and how to cover up her tracks. Setting down the knife she brought her hand up to her mouth, not sure of biting herself, but Lyn reminded herself that he knew more than she did and to just do what he said for now. Very carefully, Lyn bit down on the skin, feeling the sharp canines pierce the flesh, but he was right, she didn't feel it and pulling her mouth away she looked to see that she was bleeding before offering her hand over to him.

Seeing the flashing red light and hearing the buzzing of the phone, Lyniss was surprised to hear it was spike, wondering what he was doing here, and why would he pick up the stuff? Later, she told herself, getting Mercurio fixed up was more important.

Back
Top Bottom