Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harry Potter: A Different Beginning (Ezralora and I only)

Draco let a shudder once they had returned to the dorm room, the chill of the night quickly fading away before he looked over at Izybel. "You okay there?" he asked her, knowing that this could have been anything but good for her at the moment. He had never really seen the pair of them argue like that... ever! He didn't know what it was like for them at home but he didn't want to cause a rift between them. He went to give her a hug and kiss the top of her head. "Thank you.." he whispered.

Macha glared into the fire as she mumbled to herself over and over again before she just let out a self contained yell. As she did the fire in the hearth flared up for a moment before moving back down as it spat loosely in the hearth. She closed her eyes as she ran a hand over her face, the scar on her cheek and back stinging as she stood there. "Broaden my horizon...yea right..." She grumbled as she walked over to the squashy armchair and fell into it, bringing her knees up to her chin.

Izybel just looked towards Draco for a moment in time when he was asking if she was alright before she was giving a shrug, not even bothering to answer. No she had absolutely no idea if she was alright, not that point in time. Perhaps she was, but who actually knew. This was the first time in a while that the twins had fought, and honestly she wasn't even sure why Macha was upset. "Thank you for what?" she inquired, just raising an eyebrow.

"For at least trusting me to tell me about yourself.." He said quietly and slowly moved back from her, getting the idea that now wasn't exactly the best time to turn on the charm and be the lovey dovey boyfriend at the moment. He folded his arms before giving a small smile as he glanced down at his feet before letting out a sigh. "I think though i'll see you in the morning Izybel. Try to sleep well." He said to her as he began to walk to the guys dorms. Kissing her cheek briefly as he walked past. "Unless you'd like a hug."

Izybel was looking towards him for a moment in time before she was actually taking his hand when he was making a comment about a hug. "Nope but I did tell you I was sneaking in." she spoke before she was actually taking to following after him. Nope she planned on staying with him that night, unless he had a huge problem with that.

Draco frowned at her before laughing slightly as she seemed to be following him. He didn't let go of her hand as he made his way into the dorm room, seemingly everyone had fallen asleep. He went to his bed before sitting down on it and swinging his legs over as he made sure there was enough room for her. Once she got in, if she did he'd wave his wand so the curtains would close around the bed to give them a bit more privacy. "Well consider your sneaking in successful."

Izybel followed after him before she spoke in a soft voice, "It wouldn't have been difficult in the end anyways." With that she was giving a faint chuckle before she was sitting down on the bed next to him. She was watching as the curtains were closing around them before she was turning to wrap her arms around him again, giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek.

Draco glanced around as he felt arms begin to wrap around him. He let out grinned at her as he felt her kiss on his cheek before wrapping one arm around her as well and kept her close. "You know if we're caught like this we're going to be in trouble. I will have no choice but to say you strong armed me into this." He said, clearly being sarcastic about this as placed a hand over his heart and spoke in a solum tone.

Izybel just looked towards him for a moment in time before she was giggling softly before she hummed in a soft voice, "Don't worry we won't get caught. And even if we do get caught... it will be easy enough to get out of." With that she was giving him a kiss on the cheek before she was laying down on his bed, curling up on her side.

Draco smiled as he settled close to her, remaining on his back as he pulled the bedsheets over them. As per always the sheets in hogwarts were far comfier than they had any right to be. "Fair enough then, i believe i can rest even easier tonight." He said to her before kissing the top of her head as he closed his eyes, but was still very much awake. "I do have to ask though..." He whispered so only she could hear. "Why'd you decide to come here if you knew everything already?"

Izybel just looked towards him before she was curling into him, using his chest as a pillow after he was kissing her head. She heard his question about why she was there if she knew everything. This had her just mumbling in a soft voice, "My father wants to take over the world. And we are going to help him. I want you at my side when this happens."

Draco heard her as she said her father wanted to take over the world. It was quite the thing to have put on you he couldn't imagine what the pair of them had been brought up like with that over their heads. "I'll be there.." he muttered to her as he pressed his head a bit further back in the pillow.

Izybel was just looking up at him for a moment before she was giving a faint chuckle then she spoke "I hope so. I don't want you as an enemy." With that she was closing her eyes, and just letting put a small breath.

Draco nodded slowly before taking in a deep breath as he began to fall asleep.

The next day the great hall was busy and bustling with people, as lessons were being started. Heads of houses marched down the long tables whipping out the bits of parchment that contained the timetables for the year. As well as discussing other routes in students that didn't do too well in the previous OWLS to continue to the next level of study. At the gryffindor table, as always chattering and laughter was there, but sitting at the far end was Macha.

She hadn't slept the previous night and had her scarf on, as well as her uniform. Her hair was tied in a ponytail keeping the fringe to cover her oddly coloured eye. She saw McGonagall still quite the way away. She just wanted to grab her timetable and go, and she was feeling even less comfortable with the prefect badge pinned to her chest. "Find someone i trust..." She muttered, and slumped her head into her hands. 'way to go macha.' she thought to herself as she thought about the dozens of better ways that conversation should have gone. But she wasn't feeling like apologising just yet either. They had only gotten together a few days ago and she already let slip the big reveal.

Izybel was awake the next morning with the sun, and slipping out of Draco's bed before anybody else noticed. She was returning to her own bed and digging through her trunk, pulling out her uniform for the day. She was getting dressed for the day, and putting her hair up into braids, with her green and silver ribbons braided into it. Soon enough she was drifting into the great hall with everybody else, although she was less cheerful and talkative than what she usually was. Honestly, Izybel had reverted back to how she had been a couple of years ago. Rather emotionless and difficult to approach, or at least it seemed she was difficult to approach anyways.

Sure they had only started dating a few days ago, but it wasn't as though they were strangers. Hell they had talked and hung out often the last few years. They had been friends, now they had just taken it to the next level. She was taking a seat at the Slytherin table, and nibbling on a piece of toast while the heads of houses were walking down the long tables, handing out the timetables for the year. Not that she really cared at that point in time. She was accepting hers mutely, and just letting it drop onto the table.

"You seem in a rather sour mood today." one of the other Slytherin girls was commenting as she was sitting down next to Izybel, who was just glancing over towards her, and just mumbling that she was perfectly fine. Nope she would be fine anyways, especially considering she had been approached by the twins on her way to the great hall, evidently they were scheming something. Go figure. Not that she had really talked to them about whatever they had planned, more just listened.

She was listening to some of the other girls gossip about some of the other guys that were there, discussing who was cute and who wasn't so cute. In this timeline, it seemed like Harry was quite popular with everybody, unlike the original timeline. In the original, everybody had known who he was, but often enough people didn't really seem to want anything to do with him.

----
"You alright?" Hermione questioned Macha as she walked over and was sitting next to the female, sitting across from them almost instantly being that of Ron and Harry. Despite it being a completely different timeline, the trio were still quite close as friends. That was something that hadn't changed at all, who knew if that was necessarily a good thing or a bad thing though.

"The mood in general with a lot of people seems.... gloomy." Ron was commenting as he was taking a bite out of his bacon, before his eyes were flickering towards Fred and George as they were coming over and flopping down next to them. Oh man the twins were grinning, which had him almost a bit afraid to ask what they had done. Or what was going to happen in general.

Hermione was giving a nod of her head before she spoke, "I believe everybody is a bit off as well considering the other two schools that will be competing in the tournament are suppose to arrive soon as well." Wasn't that going to be interesting. The school was most definitely going to be full, and she was giving the twins a look not to screw anything up. How innocently they were raising their hands as though to state that they hadn't done anything.

Draco strutted into the hall with a smile on his face before he sat next to Izybel and gave her a wide morning smile and peck on the cheek. Though the mood around her seemed thick as he looked her over. "What's eating you up inside?" he asked her as he went to take her hand gently, just as a timetable was slapped in front of him as Snape continued to walk past, handing them out with his usual amount of efficiency.

Draco looked over her for a moment before listening in to what the others were talking about. He just rolled his eyes a little as they were talking about boys. With a quick movement he grabbed some toast and placed it in his mouth as he began to chew it. he might still be processing what was revealed to him yesterday, but if he behaved any less than normal people would start asking questions about what was up with them both. Izybel was his friend and he did truly thank her for sharing such an important bit of information with him. But taking over the world just seemed like such a big thing, the world was a big place and a lot to rule over. They were making their father sound like the scariest man on the planet.

"It's going to be getting busy here that's for certain." He pointed out to Izybel as he glanced at the empty tables that were beginning to be set up for the new schools when they arrive this evening.

--

Macha glanced up as she heard someone moving to her side seeing the three of them sitting around her. She was about to question why they were here, but well if she was going to try and form a stronger bond with people other than just being. Oh hey that's Macha on the Quidditch team, Oh that's her that is this, who did this, i know her from this. She was friendly with people, being friendly was the easy part. "Oh urr, yeah fine. Just had a spat i suppose with my sister is all. it's nothing major." She said as she waved her hand absent mind-idly.

Harry plopped down on the other side as well, as always the boy had messy black hair and his mother's eyes. He looked fuller and better taken care of this time. Whilst of course lacking in the scar on his forehead. He pushed his glasses up before shrugging his shoulder. He was still the best seeker the Gryffindor team had had for a long time and had an efficiency for the dark arts that hinted to a promising career in the ministry. But he was normal, just Harry James Potter. "Well it tends to be rather gloomy when there's a massive goblet looming in the room Hermione."

"Hi you two." Macha said to the twins as the sat down with big grins on their faces. She couldn't out right call it, but she was certain they had just ran an idea by a certain someone. She wasn't going to ask what they had hidden up their sleeves but she was curious. "Nice fireworks last night." She said simply before drumming her fingers on the table.

That was right the new schools would be arriving soon, she wondered which two it would be this time that would actually attend. From what her father had told her it was the Durmstrang school and the Beaubaxton school. That however was the last attendance and she was sure they would come back with a vengeance.

"Durmstrang and what was the other one that was supposed to be coming?" She asked Hermione more than the other two, she was steadily becoming less stiff looking and put on a small smile.

Harry shrugged. "Who knows, all i know is that if i'm picked i'm sure i won't let the school down." He said with a wide smile before glancing down at the table and waved a little. "Have any of you three put your names in?"

Macha gave a small nod as she glanced between Ron and Hermione.

Izybel was looking towards Draco for a moment in time before she was just shaking her head then commenting that she was perfectly fine, that she was going to be fine. She was just taking a bite out of bacon before she was speaking, "I am attempting to figure out what I want to do at the end of the year but.... so far nothing comes to mind. I feel like this year though.... with this tournament.... it is still going to be an interesting year." She was giving a faint shrug before she was watching as empty tables were being set up for the new schools that were going to be arriving. The headmaster hadn't even announced which two schools were going to be joining them quite yet, but if her father hadn't tampered with that at all, then it would be the two schools in the previous time. Who actually knew though.

She tapped her fingers on the table for a brief moment before she was resting her chin on her hands, just watching as Snape continued to hand out the timetables to everybody in their House. She was looking over towards one of the girls who was leaning forward and asked her if she had seriously decided to sneak out last night.

"Yeah. Why not. Wasn't that difficult." Izybel was shrugging after a moment in time. Nope she was quite open about that, and even if one of them told Snape, that wasn't going to stop her at all. Heck that night she planned on going to the restricted section in the library, and looking some of the books that were there.

----

Hermione was just glancing towards the twins, already knowing that they had something up their sleeves, but she was going to keep out of it. Usually she stayed out of it. Let them rue the consequences of their actions. Especially considering she knew that their plans only seemed to get more and more daring as the year went past. And if they were seriously joining up with Izybel, she honestly felt sorry for anybody who actually got into their way.

She was looking towards Macha when she was asking who the other school was that was coming. This had her wracking her brain for a moment before she spoke "Rumors say it is Beaubaxton, but who knows for sure." The headmaster was keeping it a bit of a mystery to the entire school, and she wasn't sure if she actually liked that fact or not. But it was going to be interesting to say the least. She was pushing some of her hair out of her face then made the comment that she hadn't signed up for the tournament at all. She hadn't wanted to sign up.

Nope Hermione was more of a watcher than anything else.

Draco watched her closely before he turned back to his toast. If she said she was fine he wasn't going to push at it, if there was anything he had learned it was to not push people who didn't either deserve it or wanted to... Even though it could be interesting to do so with some people. He let out a small sigh as he heard that she was beginning to talk about sneaking out so casually.

"You do tend to make it look easy." he said with a slight chuckle before sniffing the air a little as he clapped his hands together for a moment. "Like that and you can just vanish, it's kind of scary in some regards." He ran a hand through his tied back blonde hair before moving back from the table as he scraped his timetable up, Potions seeming to be his first lesson. "I think i'll start heading off though, and maybe see you in one of the lessons." He added with a shrug of his shoulders as he picked up another bit of toast.

He grabbed his satchel and slung it over his shoulder as he started to walk away heading out of the great hall to make his way towards the dungeons for his first lesson. He was beginning to become quite the alchemist. He also began to think into his head on a way to cheer her up, she might have said fine and he wasn't going to push. But... he wasn't believing it entirely.

--

Macha chewed her breakfast and narrowed her green eye as she looked at the twins before lightly nodding her head. "I see then, well i guess we all have a chance of being thrown into challenges of death and torment." She pointed out before clearing her throat. Of course she was certain she would be okay, and it was just a simple few trials to win it. She glanced up at the table of teachers seeing them there.

Dumbledore sat in his usual chair as he looked over the hall as usual from behind his spectacles. He let out a long sigh though as a student came rushing in to them and screamed out to the entire hall. "Ship spotted in the lake, and Pegasus coming in, spotted. Actual pegasus!" With that the entire hall rose up and scampered as they heard this and were going to try and see if they could watch them coming in.

Izybel was just looking towards Draco for a brief moment in time although while she wanted to say something, she found herself deciding to just stay silent. For some reason she almost felt like maybe she shouldn't have said anything to him. Not because she didn't trust him but.... You know she wasn't even sure why. With that she was just watching as he was grabbing up his satchel after getting to his feet so that he could get going to his first lesson. "Oh.... Umm.... Yeah..." she spoke after a moment in time before she was actually looking at his timetable to see what lesson she was going to first. Oh wait she had potions as well, which had her getting to her feet, and jogging after him, looping her arm through his.

"You know.... potions still isn't my forte." Izybel was commenting after a moment in time, as she looked towards him. Nope potions hated her. They always seemed to backfire on her, for some reason. Even if she followed the directions precisely. At least when she was at school, it never turned out as badly as over the summer when she had been at home, attempting to better that skill. Ultimately... Alchemy just wasn't her thing, but she insisted on taking the class, wanting to try and somewhat better that skill. It could come in handy, eventually.

Her attention did turn towards the great hall for a moment in time, the pair still being close enough to hear somebody scream about ships arriving, and Pegasus. Oh so it seemed like the other two schools had arrived. Interesting. This also had her making an underhanded comment that the rest of that day was most definitely going to be very interesting.

"And Draco, I will be fine. I'm just not sure how to respond to having fought with Macha is all. We rarely fight and every time we do.... it is strange if we aren't talking. I just feel like a piece of me is missing is all." Izybel spoke after a moment, her voice soft.

Draco smiled at her before shrugging his shoulders at the pleasant surprise of feeling her arm loop around his. He gave her a soft smile before he scratched behind his ear. "Well if you struggle with it i can always try and help you out. I mean i'd hate if my girlfriend was forever cursed to never make a proper potion in her life." He joked, remembering clearly her escapades in potions. "It is reassuring though to know you're not a master at everything just yet." He teased to her, "Oh wise being, but interesting isn't what i'd call it. A bit of a nuisance in all honesty... the halls are going to be cluttered and the names aren't even going to be announced for another month."

He heard her speaking about her sister and nodded slightly, he couldn't understand the bond between the two of them as he didn't have any siblings. He squeezed her arm gently before nodding. "Well she's probably going through something similar to you as well... and you're family. Families fight and then they come back stronger than ever.. just give it time and i'm sure she'll come around. I'm sure of it." He meant what he said, it was hard to imagine one of them without the other, just as it was nearly impossible to imagine Fred without George.

"Hogsmead is coming up, so maybe you can get sometimes then as well. Of course, after we've had a look around.... or before." He quickly said with a charming, yet nervous laugh. "Just be nice to do something together this time."
__

Macha left with the others out of the hall as she stood out in the school watching a beautiful golden carriage flew through the air, pulled by the white feathered horses, almost crashing into a few things before it eventually. Vanished from sight, probably to Hagrids for them to be tended to. Macha just narrowed her eyes a little before scoffing. "Show offs."

The ship however was a much different display. The little wooden dingy suddenly erupted up as a large ship? No it couldn't be called a ship, it looked more like a dragon carved from wood shot out of the water. The head of the wooden titan shaking its head before giving a loud roar that echoed over the water and over the school. She could hear people gasping and clapping and she shook her head as she gave in to the crowd before clapping herself as she did have to admit. It might be showing off but both of them certainly had their style.

Izybel was just looking towards him with a soft smile before she spoke, "Help would be amazing! You can be my partner in crime during class, and make sure I don't blow stuff up. How it went over the summer working on potions, I somehow just ended up blowing stuff up more than anything else." A faint pout formed on her lips but she was soon enough just brushing that aside and was listening to his commenting about the students from the other school. Yeah the school was most definitely going to be a chaotic place until the names were finally announced and the tournament was over.

She was looking at him when he was mentioning Hogsmead coming up, which had her giving a soft smile. "Lets call it a date!" she cooed after a moment in time, a bright smile on her lips as she headed off into the potions classroom. Hey a few other students were already there, which had her waving towards them. Well she was definitely in a slightly better mood.

Draco blushed a little when she said that they could call it a date. He rubbed the back of his head before nodding his head. "Then a date it shall be." He announced before seeing the other students in the class and a nervous smile came over his face as he waved at them before taking up his spot at one of the tables and began to set up a cauldron. "As for the explosions i don't know what could be making your work be so... lethal, i mean it's not like you're beating the concoction to death now is it?" He asked, hoping to god that wasn't the case since that would be the biggest trouble. He placed the black cauldron in its stand before waving his wand as a fire started underneath and took out his book. "Or you could just be slipping gunpowder into the mix."

Izybel just looked towards him before she was giving a small shrug then spoke, "No idea. Who knows. I follow the recipe, but it never seems to work out. But honestly.... I dislike alchemy with a passion anyways, so if I never succeed or anywhere with it, I'm not going to be overly hurt." With that she was just strolling over and sitting next to him before she was tilting her head at the mention of slipping gunpowder into the mix. This had her mumbling, "Tried that... didn't turn out very nice at all."

Draco raised an eyebrow at her as she said that she had tried it and didn't turn out well. "I sure hope you're joking, you know it's not like you can just throw what you want into this and expect something to come out." He laughed at her before scratching his cheek. "There is an art to it, so i suppose i'm going to have to drag you through this." he pointed out as the flames he had conjured lap at the underside of his cauldron before he took a seat shaking his head a little. "Were you trying to make a bomb or something?"

"I mean.... I've done that a few times at home. A few times it has worked out, other times it hasn't worked out." Izybel was speaking in a rather innocent tone as she was sitting next to him and just watching the flames spring up. After that she was just looking towards him for a moment in time before she spoke, "Honestly I had no real want to even take this class."

"Why though you can do so much with simple potion, be it poisoning transformation so much can be done with it." He said to her with a small smile before he let out a sigh as he thought about it. Yep this was definitely his bread and butter and boy did he enjoy everything about it. "But what can i say i am a nerd about it to say the least." He did however have another goal in mind as well, the call of an animagas was fairly strong as it could be very useful in the future. "What's been your strengths then? If you have an area that shines better than the others."

Back
Top Bottom