Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Harry Potter: A Different Beginning (Ezralora and I only)

Izybel just looked towards Draco for a moment in time before she spoke, "You know if I put thought and effort into potion making, I could probably do well in it. But I don't try. I don't really enjoy alchemy." With that she was giving a small shrug before she was just studying the book that was sitting in front of her before she was looking towards him when he asked what her strengths were. She was speaking in a soft voice, "Magic in general, that is my strength. That and I'm an information sponge."

Draco frowned a little before he just shook his head as he continued to flip through everything making sure it was all in place. "Well then i will keep in mind the sponge of information, though it's been like that since first year." He pointed out with a wide smile, before Snape walked in and the class fell silent before beginning their work.

Izybel was giving a small giggle before she spoke, "Yeah that is very true." With that she was giving a faint shrug before looking up as Snape was walking into the classroom. The rest of the classroom was going quiet but she was greeting him in her usually cheerful voice, "Morning, Professor!"

His black eye flicked to Izybel and he gave a stiff nod as if the very action was a massive strain on his neck as he made his way towards the board and waved his wands as chalk bled out of the slate onto it. "Draught of Peace." He said as the words appeared on the board before he turned and faced the class his black cloak fluttering around. He was certainly more cheerful without Voldemort having been an influence, but he was still Severus Snape. "Who here can explain to me what the Draught is used for?" He asked, he was leaping straight into a practical, no theory. It seemed that he was beginning to try and get a feel for the class. Sure they had passed their OWLs but NEWTs were a completely different level.

Izybel was giving a slight smirk as she watched the man. Sure he was slightly more cheerful than the original timeline, but he was still rather empathic and emotionless, to say the least. Still one of her favorite teachers by far though. And shockingly, despite potions not being her strong suit, she personally believed that she had a good relationship with the man. She found it quite easy to talk to him, unlike some of the other students, whom were a little intimidated by the man. Izybel was raising her hand when he asked his question, along with a few others that were in the class. This one was easy enough. It was used to relieve anxiety and agitation.

Snape nodded as he looked over the few of the hands that had been raised in the air before he saw Izybel with her hand up. He gave her a nod for her to explain. Once she had he addressed the class. "Exactly, and so with that i can imagine that there are a few amongst us whom are feeling more anxious in the new year than normal." His eyes flicked to a few of the students who shied away from his gaze. "It will be tested in partners and if it works you may keep it, if it fails.. well best not make it fail. You will find it on page 135 of your books. Begin." He said and gestured to the class, who began searching for the ingredients and all sorts to start.

It seemed like Izybel was the one that was called on, and she was soon enough explaining what exactly it was. Man she wasn't overly pleased about the fact that they were testing it in partners, and something about it failing. She was hiding the sigh that she wanted to let out and was just flipping out her book to the page that he specified. After that she was just skimming through the page, and reading through the ingredients that were needed for the potion. Oh wait... this was actually a potion that she was able to make without failing. Somehow anyways, not exactly sure how, since everything else she seemed to fail out. Yet again this had been a godsend during her first year in school. Shockingly enough back then she had been rather shy and timid. Yet a lot of people found that rather difficult to believe.

The rest of the lesson went on in the same routine for a while actually it was simple process in the end to go through the potion and then try and pull something off in the end. In the long run the rest of the classes continued to go on this way, with the steady build up to the trouble of handling a higher grade of NEWTs. It was definitely something new, and within three weeks some of the students were beginning to feel the squeeze and the pressure of this intense time table. Though there was a lingering conversation that buzzed around the school, that of the Goblet of Fire and what would come of it.

The conversation was practically ripe on the day of the reveal to the point where the staff announced a surprise Hogsmead trip just to get students out of the school and stop them from pestering them. Macha stood outside on the autumn day at the entrace with a long thick coat on, some earmuffs, and her usual yellow scarf. Her red hair was tied back with part of her fringe covering one side of her face. She breathed into her gloved hands as she looked over her shoulder. It had certainly been an odd three weeks. She had not been struggling with school, so much as just her social skills. Taking a leaf from her sister's book she had been trying to be more social, and she had begun to realise just how draining it was. With a casual movement she slipped her hands into her pockets and glanced back at the gates, wondering if they'd walk into town together before going their separate ways. She was sure that Izybel would be meeting Draco at some point.

The rest of the lesson had gone by smoothly enough, and without much fail. And before they knew it three weeks had gone past, and there were many conversations that were floating around. The biggest one being that of the Goblet of Fire, considering the results would be announced sooner rather than later. And it seemed like the staff was a bit annoyed with being pestered about it, so they had arranged for a Hogsmead trip for the students, regardless of if they had permission slips or not, just to get some quiet time. Honestly one couldn't blame them. Most of the staff didn't have any more information about what was going to happen during the tournament than the next.

Red hair was pulled back in a tight braid and draped over a shoulder as the young woman made her way towards the gates to meet up with her sister. After a while the pair had finally started to talk again, not that that was much of a surprise. They could never avoid each other for longer than a couple of days, it just felt strange. Or it did for Izybel anyways. She was jogging up to her sister before she spoke, "Sorry I'm late, got into helping some of the people from the other school find their way." Well the castle was a maze more often than not, and it really didn't take much to get lost at all, unless you knew it from top to bottom, and even then there was no promises. Izybel personally enjoyed getting lost, and seeing what mysteries she could find.

Macha pulled her coat tighter around herself before she gave a wave as Izybel was coming towards her. She gave her a small smile before nodding her head, "Well look at you being all helpful." She said with a teasing grin before she began to walk slowly away from the castle and down the path, it would take a fair few minutes before they got to the town so there was time to enjoy the walk. It hadn't been too long, a couple of days before Macha had gone back to her and apologised, claiming that she was angry and a little jealous about the whole fact in the most awkward way possible. She took in a deep breath as she watched her breath rise up in front of her before she rubbed her hands together.

"Well as you said, it continues to change. But glad you helped them, could have sworn i heard a rumour at some point that a student got lost for a few days in the castle. Not the best to say the least." She said with a small laugh before glancing down at her boots as she crunched over some fallen leaves. "What are you planning on doing once we get into Hogsmead?" She asked with a casual shrug of her shoulders.

Izybel just looked towards Macha for a moment in time before she spoke, "Oh once you get lost it is difficult to try and get un-lost. Speaking through experience, yet again I do it intentionally. I want to know every nook and cranny of this place. Perhaps some day it will come in handy." With that she was chuckling before she was strolling after Macha so that they could get going to Hogsmead. Not that it would take overly long to get there at all, and she was just looking when her sister was asking what she planned on doing. This had her tapping her lips before she spoke in a low voice, "Well if one thing about the original doesn't change, there will be the Yule Ball. So one thing I'm doing... if searching for a dress."

"A dress...." She laughed before her eyes widened as she looked at Izybel. "Should i start trying to find one as well?" She asked her as she tugged at her scarf nervously before clearing her throat, she had forgotten about that but her eyes glanced up at Izybel. "You know if you want to know every cranny of the school i could always help at some point." She pointed out, beofre her head got taken away with trying to figure out what dress would be best to go with her. She knew Izybel would be able to find one in a heart beat. Or... easier than her. "I assume if you get chosen you will be taking your future husband to be with you?" She asked with a small smile, it was beginning a small bit of gossip that Draco and Izybel were getting closer, and plus it was fun to tease her sister about the whole thing.

Izybel just looked towards her sister before she was giggling then spoke, "Looking for a dress would probably be wise. Besides you know eventually we'll need something nice to wear for when father shows up." With that she was continuing to walk along before she was giving a grin at the mention of how she would help at some point. This had her chuckling a bit before she spoke, "I know that. We'll go exploring together sometime. I was just exploring the forbidden wing last night and.... it is a lot bigger than I thought." She just walked along besides Macha although was glancing over at her sister at the mention of being chosen, and taking her future husband to be. No she doubted that she would actually get chosen to be the Champion of Hogwarts, not with how many people had put in their names. "I will probably go with him but... I hope you know that just because I am dating him, I haven't forgotten about you."

Macha glanced down as her green eye flicked to the snow. "I know Izybel, i was just... a little jealous on more than one level." She said and gave her a soft smile as they continued their walk before she flared her nostrils a little. "Well whoever it is, i am sure that we will judge them without a single shred of resilience." She pointed out before coming to a stop, "Yes... father will want us looking fancy won't he?" She said and cleared her throat a little. She had sent a few letters to their father since they had been here, and the few responses she had gathered were... Slim to say the least. A few pieces with one or two words placed on them. "Oh that reminds me, duelling club will be starting again. You still down to be doubles with me?" She asked her with a smirk.

Izybel was giving a small chuckle before she spoke, "And I swear he mentioned something about coming to "visit" during the ball as it was." Which was another reason she knew that the ball was going to happen. Unless of course there was a different one happening at some point during the year, although she doubted that. With that she was walking along besides her, just gazing around at a few of the shops that were around them before she was turning to face her sister fully at the mention of dueling club. "Since when do we not pair up?" she questioned with a small scoff, as if she couldn't believe her sister was actually asking that question.

Macha shrugged her shoulders lightly before giving a small smile, "I just have to be sure that you haven't gone completely and utterly insane." She said as she looked over the town, despite everything she could always see the appeal of this town. It was cozy and quaint and now with the sudden influx of students she was sure that there was plenty of income coming in. "I mean let's face it we're going to have this in the bag once more." She pointed out before adjusting her earmuffs, which whilst a little out of character. Certainly made her look a little more approachable. "But i guess we will find out who will be Hogwarts champion tonight! Then... well... i don't know."

Izybel was giving a chuckle before she spoke, "Macha, I've always been insane. I just have those normal moments." With that she was giving a faint chuckle before she was pointing towards a store that was actually selling dresses. Well that could definitely check that place out. She was nodding at the mention of having everything in a bag before she was commenting, "Yes we do." Although the annoying thing was actually having to keep the wands in their hands, and actually make a show of using a wand, to cast magic.

Macha let out a sigh, before shrugging her shoulders. She felt like telling her sister something, but thought it best to keep as a surprise for later. She made her way into the clothes shop, after giving it a look of fear, and resigned depression as she began the hunt for a dress. She lowered her earmuffs before shaking her hair, for a moment her yellow eye visible through her fringe as she walked a little further in. She had been spending some time with Harry, Ron and Hermione. She felt that a relationship with them was getting stronger, if she was awkward and they were slowly becoming friends. Despite them being different she had to admit Harry was certainly a looker, and she had glanced at him occasionally. God she would have killed sometimes to have Izybel's way of just knowing something would work out. She stopped before pulling out an emerald green dress, "What do you think? For your silver snake?" She asked with a small smirk.

"You look like you have something to say." Izybel spoke as she was looking towards her sister for a brief moment in time, and was just giving a gentle smile. She was reminding her that no matter what, she was always her sister, she would always be there to talk about whatever she wanted to talk about. After that she was commenting, "I've seen you hanging around Ron, Hermione, and Harry recently. I hope that you are forming friendships with them as well." After that she was looking at some of the dresses, then just looked at emerald green dress that Macha had pulled out, which had her cooing ever so slightly. It was really pretty although she wasn't quite sure of the style. "Love the color, I'm not sure about the style though. A bit too floofy for me." she was giggling before she was spotting a dark red colored dress, which she was pulling out for Macha to look at. It was more of a maroon, but it was still rather pretty.

Macha nodded a little, "Trying to at least..." she mumbled as she placed the dress back only to turn back to see a maroon dress in her face which she stared at for a moment and chewed the inside of her cheek. Whilst she certainly liked the colour of it. It felt a little exposing especially along the back. She felt the light sting of a long since healed scar there as she took it carefully. "You do realise if i take this i'm going to be incredibly self conscious." She commented as she examined the dress closer. She wasn't a dress person, so the sooner she found one the better, and this seemed to do. Macha moved around to the other side of the rack and pulled out a slightly deeper green dress, it was less floofy but had a flare around the leg hem. "What about this?"

Izybel looked towards her sister before she spoke, "We can keep looking." After that she was giving a small chuckle and was sweeping some of her hair out of her face. Nope that dress wasn't for her sister obviously, and she really didn't want her sister to be self conscious the entire time. That would just make the dance... well not as fun. With that she was studying the dress that her sister had founded for her, which had her taking it and holding it up to herself. She was turning to look at herself in the mirror before she spoke, "I feel like a Christmas decoration. So I'm thinking.... maybe I'll go with a silver dress and green accessories."

Macha frowned a little as she said silver with green and she just shrugged. "Sure, but let's be honest even if you go in wearing a rag you're going to have eyes on yourself." She mused with a grin as she continued her search, but there was nothing on this rack of clothing. "Why not just get something tailored for you?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, i mean it was always a last option but in this case it might be best. Expensive but a better option.

"If I can't find a silver dress then I'll probably do just that." Izybel was commenting to the tailoring option. Yeah it was an option and one that she would consider, if nothing was found. She found another dress that she thought her sister would possibly like. The back was showy, although the dress itself was more off an off shade of black.

Macha nodded as she closed her hand around a dress that was silver, or more of a dark silver with a few emerald like gems embedded in the body of it. She held it up before seeing her sister holding up the off black dress. She glanced at it and went to exchange dresses before nodding a little. "I think this will do the job nicely." She said with a small smile as he looked over a little closer, the back showing was something she was a little troubled by, but if she kept her hair down it shouldn't be a problem. "Is that one a little flashy for you?" She asked gesturing to the silver dress, though some bits of it looked more like a frost colour at the hem of it.

"Oh this is pretty." Izybel spoke after a moment in time as she exchanged dresses with her sister and was holding up the dress to herself before she was just looking at herself in the mirror. There was a smile that was on her lips before she spoke, "No actually it isn't too flashy at all, it is perfect." Beautiful actually. Not floofy at all, and from the looks of it, it was more of a shape hugging dress. Good thing she wasn't overly self-conscious of herself. At least not usually, although she was almost beginning to have her doubts at that point in time, for some reason. She was shaking her head a bit before she was speaking, "Lets go try them on."

Back
Top Bottom