Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For the gamers within us, which game did you enjoy the most playing as a kid?

Oh good lord I was/am OBSESSED with the Legend of Zelda. That game series is my SHIT.
Also a big pokemon type of gal.

Masters of Magic. I still have nostalgia trips for that game, nothing has quite matched it and I'm still not sure why.

A lot of Pokemon and Warcraft III Frozen Throne (specifically battle.net)

Hmmm. Several games kinda stick out in my mind: Tales of symphonia ( this one probably shaped my writing the most and my views on humanity and humility) , Lost kingdoms 1 &2, Fire emblem, starfox assault, star fox adventures, and starfox 64, Zelda-everything, soul calibur 2-4 both for GameCube and the psp, Summon knight: swordcraft story.

Really not one game could be settled on because they are all different XD

Rayman on the N64 all the way. (he was also my first cartoon crush - oops)
Super Mario 64 was close behind. I remember staying up late playing those games. Good times.

Silent Hills 2, Max Payne, and the old Runescape. Those were the good titles.

Button mashing on the old old Mortal Kombat game was one of my favorite things to do. I also liked the Crash Bandicoot, stuff like Pac-Man/Toy Pop and that Looney Tunes Racing game. Never ever won at Crash or the racing game though lol

Mario 64, Mario Kart, Castlevania (the one on nintendo 64.), Zelda Ocarina of Time, Spirit's Track, Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess, etc. Pokemon games are also part of the games that marked my childhood, I also enjoyed Crash Bandicoot, specially twinsanity. And let's not forget about Spyro games! They marked my love for dragons, such a shame what they did to him on skylanders :c

Der Langrisser on old Sega I think it was or it may of been Nintendo, can't remember. Had both systems. Whichever was the initial US one, was the system I had it on. I don't think it came out on both systems in the US at its time.

I do know the ENG release was a limited and incomplete game and from my knowledge didn't offer the alternate routes, it was just a single playthrough in story with no replayability. The Japanese rom was eventually fan translated many years later(Late 1990s or early 2000s) to ENG for the other system as Langrisser which had alternate routes and endings.

Actually Langrisser series is great. Sadly they were never popularize in US to be a hit. Basically a tactical RPG where you command units and when you level you get different units to command depending on the path of your level. Even for old game with the first release, it was a gem.

Still the series has a small cult that does fan translations.

Man, whenever this question comes up I'm drawn back to the PS1 days.

For me, the titles that just pop out to me are:
Monster Rancher 1-2
Breath of Fire 3-4
Suikoden
Final Fantasy Tactics

Agh now I'm remembering them and more!
Those were the days.

As basic as it sounds it was always the FIFA games for me. I'm a huge football fan and most of the time I've been alive the team I support has been average at best. So it was always a way for me to lead them to glory kinda thing, now though we're the best in the world so I haven't played them as much recently :ROFLMAO:

My nan used to keep a nintendo at her house that I would get to play on with my cousins when she had us over on the weekends, I would play mario, gremlins, castlevania...all the old school nintendo games and then eventually she upgraded it to a super nintendo and then a playstation.

Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 2, I played that shit all day every day for like 2 years.

My first game I could recall playing was Hover! for Windows 95. I loved that game. I wasn't allowed a console so it was this or mavis beacon (I took scissors to the disk and tried to blame the computer) >.>

When I was a skid I was a Monopoly on Window's XP pro. ... Luckily, my taste in games has developed somewhat since then.

I'm now playing Monopoly HD.

I tended to play Final Fantasy a lot as a kid. My sister owned a PS2, and she always let me play Final Fantasy 8 and 10. It caused me to grow to love RPGs, ang gaming in general.

Mechwarrior 3+4 where pretty interresting to me. Found out recently that there's an online variant of this series and take a look at it from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom