Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For the gamers within us, which game did you enjoy the most playing as a kid?

Spyro! So pleased they released it remastered for the PS4. What a game it is, reliving my childhood all over again!

Hey, I remember playing Spyro! I loved that game; I played it on the Gamecube. My favorite game was Star Wars Battlefront II, but I grew to dislike shooter games as I got older because they all started to feel the same to me.

Craaaaash Baash!!

To be honest any Crash bandicoot game! I'm so excited for the CTR re-release! ^^

As some have said I may show my age, but I loved MARIO brothers on the Atari 2600. Later...Contra, Mortal Kombat, Castlevania, Altered Beast.

I spent hours upon hours playing Daggerfall and never getting anywhere.

A trend I continued with other games in the Elderscrolls series as I grew older.

When I was only a little guy, like 4 or 5, my grandfather started to watch James Bond with me. (I know, a bit young, but whatever, I turned out fine.) And I loved the action, and everytime I came to his place, we watched James Bond movies.

So when I was 6, he got me the N64 with James Bond Golden eye. Still have the game, and play it once in a blue moon (see what I did there?)

It's a tie between Chrono Trigger and Wild Arms. The former I've one clear memory stuck in my head due to a traumatic (for a kid) incident involving save files but I still recall how much I loved it too, and the latter because it was... just so unlike any other RPG I had played, from the visuals, to the tone and setting and the 'Into the Wildneress' theme stands as one of my all-time favourite pieces of video game music.

A little story with Chrono Trigger. I rented the game but found it very hard, kept dying and so son. It was before Gamefaqs was a short URL away, I had no strategy guide, no idea how to do any sidequest (or that any even existed). A bit after we took it back, I got a used copy. On that copy, someone had a completed file where they had gotten everything, including this amazing sword called Rainbow that I had NO IDEA how to get at the time.

I was estatic. I could finally beat the game and get the full story I'd been wanting a conclusion too. Over the course of... I dunno, a long while, I'd gotten to the final boss and was struggling. I took it over to a friends' place to show him the game and show how creepy the boss was (and the dang noise it made--if anyone is familiar with Lavos' cry, yeah, as a kid that was... eep!) Anyway, afterward we went to do something else and I later found his brother playing my game.

No big deal... until I learned he had deleted all the save files, including my at-final-boss save with this amazing Rainbow sword I had no idea how to get. My dream of beating the game was crushed. I literally cried, bawled my eyes out for I don't remember how long. I don't recall if I ever even tried or touched the game again. I'm certain I did, and beat it at some point since when I got the DS version years later, I knew of all the side quests, how to get all the end game gear, and all about beating the final boss, but regardless. I don't have any other game that has such moments stuck in my mind like Chrono Trigger. I do still have that cartridge, I wonder if I should pop it in and see where I'd left things. x3.

i have a list:

Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy 4 and 6, Streets of Rage 2, Ogre Battle just to name a few

Dragon Age origins, I adored that game, must've had a few hundred hours tracked on it by the time I upgraded to PC.

When I was a kid, whatever N64 game I could get my hands on. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Ocarina of Time, Doom64.
My very first PC game was STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, became a geek with that game since.

Goldeneye, Perfect Dark Zero, Super Mario 64 and Spyro. Some of the best games ever made IMO.

So happy they remastered the Spyro trilogy...Such a heady dose of nostalgia.

Final Fantasy VII and Legend of Dragoon. Two of the best video game story lines ever with Chrono Trigger right behind it.

Oh, and don't forget Xenogears!!! Loved the music in that one!

There's too many games, it's hard to name just one or a few. Pokemon Blue consumed my life for a while as a wee lad.

The one that stands out the most for me though was Seiken Densetsu 3, and I didn't even play that on a legit system but an emulator (because it didn't come out in the US!). Great gameplay and awesome style for the graphics, the spritework still holds up today imo. The emphasis on teamwork, especially when playing with actual friends is what made it super memorable, you usually couldn't win the big fights alone you had to coordinate effectively with your entire party. The story also changed a bit depending on which of the 3 out of 6 player characters you picked, and each character had several class progression paths that added to the replayability further. All in all, it was a fun, unique title, I really haven't played anything like it that captures a similar feel. Hopefully it gets the remastery treatment like Secret of Mana did recently and gets a proper US/EU release.

I have a favorite game per system that ive had.

Odyssey 2 : Conquest of the world
NES : Wizardry, Proving grounds of the mad overlord.
SNES: Secret of Mana
Genesis: Warsong
Sega CD: Dark Wizard
Sony Playstation: Vagrant Story
Sega Saturn: Panzer Dragoon Zwei
Playstation 2: Ace Combat 4
(At this point I stopped buying consoles, and became strictly a PC gamer.)
PC: Elder Scrolls, Skyrim

Lunar Silver Star Story for the PSX without a doubt. It has no actual incentive to replay it but I did no less than five times.

I grew up on a lot of Warcraft 3 as well, and some Age of Mythology too. I think I even dabbled in Everquest and Diablo at some point. I was also a fan of Pokemon Yellow for a while, but my main game was definitely Warcraft 3!

I played Halo 3 and Runescape like a fiend.
Me and a lot of my friends would bond over it. It was good times.

I really liked stealth games growing up. I wasted too many hours playing the Tenchu games and Shinobido then I moved on to modern stealth games like Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell.

Ugh... choose one?! I can’t do it.

Super Mario RPG, Legend of Dragoon, Megaman Legends series, Animal Crossing. Dark Cloud 2, Ratchet and Clank series.

Back
Top Bottom