Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

For the gamers within us, which game did you enjoy the most playing as a kid?

As a kid, I actually didn't game much. But have been a lifelong D&D player, does that count?

Oh wow, just seeing the title of this thread sent me back on a trip through memory lane. One of my favorite games was Final Fantasy Tactics advance for the game boy. It was my first expereince with grid based tactics games... and basically sparked my interest that lead me to other video games like the fire emblem franchise and eventually to board games and the grid based D&D systems... so in a way, that game (With a really disappointing final boss fight) shaped the type of games I play today.

Oh wow, just seeing the title of this thread sent me back on a trip through memory lane. One of my favorite games was Final Fantasy Tactics advance for the game boy. It was my first expereince with grid based tactics games... and basically sparked my interest that lead me to other video games like the fire emblem franchise and eventually to board games and the grid based D&D systems... so in a way, that game (With a really disappointing final boss fight) shaped the type of games I play today.
Holy shit, yes.

banjo kazooie, yoshi's story, mario 64. i'll boot them up again from time to time, they'll be cool forever.

Well Resident evil and monster hunter......kind of tied there....just love the b rate garbage and the worlds for both of them. Give me a game with puzzles, drama, romance and fashion any day.

I go back to the days of Atari and the hand held Nintendo and other brand games although my family never had them. My first serious gaming started with computer games, the Sid Meir games like Civilization, F-19, F-117. I loved Battle of Britain as well which was by Lucas Games.

Playstation wise I loved Diablo and still play the original and liked Duke Nukem for a while.

Later I got into the first two Microsoft Combat Flight sim games but felt they ruined it with number 3.

Hands down: Legend of Zelda. I just loved EVERYTHING about it.

And my guilty pleasure, that Costa me two gameboys: Track'n field. xD

I admit, the game I played the most as a kid was Metal Gear Solid 1 for the Playstation. That and a PC game called Heretic were my favorites as a kid.

A game I loved for the life of me but couldn't beat for the life of me was Omega Boost on the PS1, that old beautiful durable block of gaming tech.

That being said, Star Craft/Brood War and Final fantasy 7 ate hours and hours of my life as well but 2nd place will always be the original Pokemon silver for the game boy color! :heart:

let me start by saying I hated Mario so much and I still do, I don’t even get the hype about the whole game.

as for my favorites, I love Naruto: ultimate ninja storm, tomb raider, and Xena: Warrior Princess.

Xena was my favorite favorite tbh.

I also liked LoL, but I didn’t know how to play it as a kid, so now I play it most of the time lmao.

Final Fantasies 4-7.
Warcraft 3 -ZUGG ZUGG!
Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
Various version of Dance Dance Revolution.

All on PS1.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the Master System version. (UK).

Warcraft 3 is a huge one for me as well. If that did not lead me to WoW I never would have made some of the best friends I could ask for.

Also can't forget the ol' PokΓ©mon Red and Blue. Those are what really set me down the path of gaming as a primary hobby.

Super Mario Bros. 3, Banjo-Kazooie, Smash Bros. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time, WWF Smackdown, Dynasty Warriors 4, Final Fantasy X, WWF No Mercy, NBA Street Volume 2, Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Bandicoot (especially Warped).

Back
Top Bottom