Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Vacation is Here (Grave and Wiki)

Minato chuckled as Mika stuck out her tongue and poked his cheek.
I wish you already knew why...I've already been with Val I think for more than two weeks or something...This is the first day I was really back and alone with everyone here again...
"Forgive me for not having psychic powers," he replied dryly, "and it is good to see you again after our vacation."
I wanna do something like the pool or the park or something when you're not doing this...
"Well, I'm sure we can arrange a family outing this weekend. Swimming actually sounds nice right about now."

Minato reached over and finished up his drafting work, saving it in the appropriate file to be accessible during work tomorrow.
"This is going to be a tough week back to work after such a nice vacation, but I'll make it through."
He looked at Mika with his kind, fatherly gaze.
"Is there anything else you needed, pumpkin?"

" I still don't have school for a little while...though it will be soon anyway.." thinking about as she stretched her arms and sat up against him a bit wondering what to even do already still. " bleh..." she said sticking her tongue out, " im bored, what if I help you or mom out when you go to work tommorrow, I think I wouldn't want to be stuck with Valerie only for a bit more if I could go..." wondering as she gave the slightly cute eyes to get him to take her then.

I still don't have school for a little while...though it will be soon anyway...bleh...I'm bored, what if I help you or mom out when you go to work tomorrow? I think I wouldn't want to be stuck with Valerie only for a bit more if I could go...
Minato chuckled as she fixed him with her sweetest look. Both mother and daughter had a tendency to give him that look when they wanted something from him, knowing he could almost never say no to it.
"We're going to be at the building site tomorrow, so it's going to be kind of dangerous. I'll take you, but you have to promise me you'll be careful and won't get in the way of the workers."

She stuck out her tongue and turned to wrap her arms around him and kissed his cheek with a giggle as she got off of him and stretched, " I will then if you take me..." smiling a bit as she had something to do and she hoped she could spend time alone with dad and that he would like her being there and hoping him out a bit at least. " well Ima be in the shower..." as she tuned to walk out and do her own thing now.

Minato smiled as Mika hugged him and kissed his cheek.
"Okay, honey," he replied to her.
With all of his prep work done, he turned off his computer monitor and left his home office to head downstairs. Once he was in the living room, he gave his wife a kiss on the cheek before picking out a book from the shelf. Sitting down in a side chair, he began to read his chosen book. The couple often did this to wind down before they went to bed.

Soon she started the shower, getting in for a while before eventually getting out and changing. She was in her own place now and it felt a bit weird since it seemed different but for now it was still good she was still alone as she already started to change and just sleep for the night.

The next morning, Minato rose and got ready for work. He gently awoke Mika and had her get dressed to accompany him. They drove to the job site in his van and when they arrived, he brought her with him to an observation platform. Using a laptop, he brought up his plans from his home office and showed them to his bosses at the site. With the plans firmly in place, the building could begin in earnest. Minato kept a close eye on his daughter,making sure she didn't wander off while potentially dangerous building was going on.

After breakfast with Angel and Valerie, Brandon went upstairs and got cleaned up before getting dressed. After Angel had done her own thing and joined him in his room, he looked at her with a smile.
"How about we hit up the mall today? It seems like a good day to just chill out."
Brandon was still in a good mood from the sex last night, and just wanted to enjoy a day out. He planned to visit several stores and just see what was going on lately.

Soon she woke up hating the mornings mostly as she showered and went out finally with her dad. She was mostly quiet until they arrived as she could see many different people working on so many things at once, wearing a glowing yellow dress with white flowers on it and big blue sits all over. It was cool to see the fact that everyone already knew what they were doing of course and doing it very well like the little busy need she saw when she was younger and at school. " I wonder if bees are like this..." wondering as she kept close still and walking off sometimes though not very far at all.

She shrugged, I need more regular dresses and a few other things she said with a smirk as she took a shower and changed into black shorts and a white tank top with a small design and black patches on the shoulders and sleeves.

Minato went over his plans with the construction foremen, telling them what type of materials they should use and showing what shapes they would form on his laptop.
"The east wing will need to be contoured a bit to stay within the parameters our client wants."
From the communication center, the workers could be directed as needed and supplies could be sent where they had to go. Minato finished up with the men and walked over to his daughter, placing a hand gently on her shoulder.
"This project was a year in the making," he said with a proud smile, "It should look great when it's done."
He watched the men going about the work, always excited to see his work come to life like this.

I need more regular dresses and a few other things.
"Don't you have enough clothes?" Brandon asked with a joking smile.
After Angel had showered and changed, he walked with her out to the car and began to drive to the mall. After they were parked and went inside, he walked with her to the first clothing store they found. They approached the dress rack so that Angel could pick out some clothes she liked.
"Come to think of it, I haven't seen you in a dress that often."

Angel normally dressed more like a tomboy, with jeans and a T-shirt. Because of this, it was always a refreshing change to see her wear something more feminine like that.
"You said you had some other things to pick up, as well. Anything I can grab and bring to the changing room for you?"
This was the first time in a while they had gone clothes shopping, so he was interested to see what she picked out. He had yet to see anything look bad on her curvy figure, and he would enjoy seeing her beauty during this part of the mall visit.

Mika have a yawn as she looked around, there were many things that were metal and loud noises around her at once as she just watched mostly with crossed arms and soon glancing behind to see her dad, soon she looked around, spotting an old mostly clean red wheelbarrow that she saw some of earlier, running off toward it and climbing some sandbags next to it so she could sit inside it, " hmph I could be lazy while I have a servant bring me around in this..." as she leaned back waiting to see if one of the other workers would need to use it and not notice her so she could ride in it.

" don't really know yet..." shrugging, " or I just might go with a bunch of shorts or something, it's almost ending and it will be summer..." with that she would turn and walk back downstairs waiting for him now.

Minato was looking over some reports and then looked over to see Mika climb into the wheelbarrow. Shaking his head with a smile, he walked over and crossed his arms.
"You know, you don't exactly blend in with the sandbags. Come on, get out of there."
Helping Mika out of the wheelbarrow, he guided her back to the control tower.
"Doing things like that is not what we talked about, young lady."

Minato slid his laptop over to her.
"If you're bored, feel free to use that to get on Youtube or something. That is, unless you feel like organizing some paperwork for me."
He had figured that Mika would get bored at the job site, so he had some ideas as backup. He was glad that he caught her before a worker took her into the job site without looking into the wheelbarrow. While keeping one eye on Mika, he continued directing the workers and foremen.

Brandon chuckled as she left without buying anything.
"All that and you don't know what you're getting?"
Brandon walked over to a Gamestop to check out some new games and see what was going on. There weren't any he wanted to buy just now, so he walked over to the manga bookstore. After browsing the titles, he met Angel downstairs.
"Okay, so where to now?" he asked her.

She sighed as she finally got up and say back down, sticking her tongue out as she crossed her arms and leaned back, " but I wanted to do it...." as she wondered what to even do. Well it was cool to still to go out and do something but still....it felt like there was something way better to do while she was here and while he was busy as she did use the laptop and listen to her songs or see the danced for then.

" well if you want to follow anyway I'm gonna go to one of the places I go for regular clothes and then maybe a specialty store for the dresses and stuff..." with that she started to turn, but now hearing a few hundred feet away about a contest for a weird trip to a resort.

Minato smiled.
"I know you wanted to do it, honey. But if you got hurt, your mother would have my head."
He had a brief vision of seeing an angry Kushina, and it sent shivers down his spine. He was thankful when Mika sat down and watched some videos.
"Mika, would you like to see how this building will look when it's done?"

Brandon nodded.
"That's fine. I looked at the stuff I was interested in, so I'm fine to go with you now."
They were headed to an escalator across the room when a contest to win a trip to a resort started being advertised nearby. Brandon thought it would be interesting to win, but the chances of that happening were probably slim. He walked over and filled out a raffle ticket before turning to Angel.
"Hey, babe, why don't you fill one out? If we both enter, we might win."

" thats still weird that you have that already when your not done, I would hate that...." as she heard he had the pictures of the finished building. " I like the surprise of building it if you can't see the finished version of it, it makes going inside >when it's done cooler..." she gave a yawn as she leaned against her dadwondering what mom was even doing alone.

Soon they walked again as she crossed her arms, looking around before hearing it as well. " free..." she simply said with a shrug and a sigh before she leaned over to fill the paper and step back again.

Minato chuckled at Mika's opinion.
"Yeah, I can understand what you mean, honey. But when hundreds of thousands of dollars are at stake, honey, no one wants to go in blind. Besides, we do have a little bit more flexibility when it comes to interior design, but that's not my department."
He picked up a sheaf of papers and handed them over to Mika.
"If you're looking for something to do, why don't you take these over to the job site foreman?"

Minato reached out and stuck a little hard hat on her.
"You'll have to wear this when you go onto the job site. At the base level, there's a small elevator that will take you to the top floor. The foreman will be wearing a blue hardhat with a white company sticker on it. Be very careful and get back here as soon as you can."
Minato opened the door for her so that she could head out.

Once Brandon and Angel had filled out their raffle tickets, they headed for the clothing store where she usually shopped. It had several clothing options, from the average to the strange. There weren't too many people milling around, so they would have pretty free movement walking around.
"So, what's first on the agenda? You said you were looking at shorts?"
Brandon pictured her in a pair of Daisy Dukes, and though the image was hot, he doubted she would wear anything that short in public.

She stuck her tongue out at him like she always did just because, standing up and taking the papers as she stretched with a yawn. Soon she stood and started off for the moment before feeling something in her head and looking back at him, " fine dad but only if you tell mom how I actually helped you the whole day instead of just sitting here..." with that she turned and bent over a bit as she was ready for a run, " I found a trick to be a better runner...." simply saying as she dashed off deciding to figure it out herself and eventually being outside to glance up and see the framework where she could see the elevator and run for it. Soon she breathed heavily as she punched the button for the elevator.

" I'm just gonna look for a while.." As she shrugged with no plan as she stopped to see some shorts, " hmph..." Soon she looked up to think, " I need an outfit to show off with..." giving a sigh as she looked at some shorts and picked out some as well as finding a long sleeve black shirt with a star on it as well as some others and some regular dresses. " well..." as she walked back to him after a while, " let's go already...." deciding to clear her head for a bit and relax a bit more as she walked over to the line.

Minato chuckled.
"I'll tell your mother you were very helpful."
He watched as she took off like a track runner, wondering why she was doing that when she could have just walked. He guessed it was just her way sometimes. Turning back to some business, he radioed to the foreman that his daughter was coming up and to expect some papers. After that, he went back to directing some supplies being moved over to one side so as not to obstruct some building.

Brandon nodded as she said that she was just going to look around.
"Alright."
She picked out some clothes and then made her way over to the line.
"One good thing about winter is that you can get a discount on summer clothes because they're not in demand. It's not a bad time to stock up on them."
Brandon put his hands in his pockets as he patiently waited in the checkout line.

Soon she waited as the elevator had gone down, of course seeing that there were a few people there as she moved a bit and waited, then got in and now started to wait. It seemed a bit awkward still that she looked plain and that she was the only girl and a young one to be there as well. After a long while of waiting she had finally waited and caught her breath though deciding to walk up slowly as she saw him. " ummm I guess this is yours..." As she reached out to give it to him.

Angel just shrugged as she paid and came out, " well I guess we check it out again.." As she turned and walked out starting to go back for the weird contest.

The foreman turned around as Mika approached him with the papers, taking them from her.
"Thank you."
Taking a walkie-talkie from his belt, he pressed the talk button.
"I got the papers," he radioed to Minato.
"Great, send Mika back down."
The foreman directed her back to the elevator and she was soon on her way back to ground level.

Brandon chuckled as Angel began heading back to the raffle ticket area.
"Not much use in hanging around. They're not doing the drawing until Christmas day."
He jerked a thumb toward the door.
"Why don't we hit up the new arcade downtown. I hear they've got some cool new games."

She sighed as the wind started to blow her hair back, slowly turning and coming back down now. Mika was a bit out of energy of course but not to bad as she kept her breathing shallow, letting her use less energy. Soon she made it back quietly as she sat and then laid her head down on the table, " its hot...." as she dragged out the last word of the short sentence to show she really hated it. " I wanna do a pool picnic thing..."

" well whatever, and it doesn't even take long to count or even do it. Doesn't make sense if their holding it like this then..." Angel moved a hand to brush some hair away from her cheeks, as she stopped to watch the people a bit for the moment before leaning back. " if you wanna go to the arcade then..." following after he started to walk.

Minato smiled as Mika came back in and complained about the heat.
"Yeah, it's up in the 90s today. But I figured you'd rather be hot than bored."
He went back to his work, listening as his daughter said she wanted to do a pool picnic thing.
"That sounds great. We'll see about doing that this weekend."

"Well, it's just how they do things."
He left the mall with Angel and found his car. The arcade was a short drive away, and he went inside with her after they got there. Arcades were rare in the United States nowadays, but the ones that hung on were still really cool. Brandon went over to an arcade machine for The King of Fighters and put in quarters to play as his favorite character, Terry Bogard.
"They've got lots of cool games here, so look around and have some fun, babe."

" the weekend..." as Mika complained seeing it was a bit far and also knowing it was a bad time to be back but also being here already she did want the break from Valerie still for a while. " it sucks to have a job like this, I can't get a job that needs a lot of thinking..." mika stood up and walked over behind her dad as she wrapped her arms around his neck and laying her head on his shoulder. "Mmmm now that I think about what mom told me...." pausing for a bit as she was thinking for a moment, before giving a sigh " never mind for a little while actually..."

Angel just simply shrugged as she followed behind, taking her own tokens and looking around as she found one of her favorite games being arcade version of guitar hero as she started to pick and play a song.

Minato smiled sympathetically as Mika expressed disappointment over having to wait for the weekend.
"Sorry, honey, but I have to work. There would have been plenty of time for swimming and picnicking if someone hadn't chosen to stay behind on the family vacation."
He listened to her go on a bit and rubbed the top of her head gently.
"I like my job, and I know my daughter is smarter than she gives herself credit for."
He let her hug on him and continued to work on the building project.

Brandon continued to play his game, winning the tournament on there with his skill.
"Sweet," he said as the game over message flashed on the screen.
He saw Angel playing a Guitar Hero style game and went over to a different fighting game that incorporated virtual reality. After inserting some quarters, he put on the headset and stepped into the gaming area. When the game started up, he was in a fight with boxing type opponent. Using special sensors, he was able to use his own movements to fight off the opponent, smiling as he won his first match.

" what did you even do, it might be better for you to be alone with her then when I was with them..." as she leaned against the wall and wondered if everything was fine when they were alone together. " when are you gonna be done, I really want mom to cook stuff like yesterday..."

Angel started swaying as she sang with the song and played getting a pretty good score as it finally ended. With that she gave a light jump and turned to go find something else as her hair flowed softly in the gently breeze as she walked with a stretch soon finding another game that was a shooter and had a metal step to make her get out of cover so she could shoot and then move back.

Minato turned to his daughter after she asked what they had done.
"We went camping and sightseeing across the country. We saw a lot of beautiful things, took lots of pictures, just had fun."
He chuckled as Mika asked when he would be done.
"I've got quite a bit of time still left on the job. You'll have to occupy yourself for a bit."
Minato figured this would probably be the last time Mika asked to come to his work, and that was probably a good thing for both of them.

After Brandon finished with his VR fighting game, he went and found Angel playing a shooting game. After she finished up, he took her hand and led her over to some tables for people to eat and relax in between games.
"Sure is a cool place, huh?"
After they had sat down, he looked at her for a moment, gathering his thoughts.
"Angel, have you thought about what you're going to do after college? For work, I mean."

Back
Top Bottom