Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

Jin’s condition was getting worse the more she moved around, she had found a room that looked like a murder scene; a blood stained bed surrounded by medical equipment, bones and other gore left on the bed- dry for a while now. The walls were scored with deep marks that looked like they were from a Kagune, and needles scattered about the room. Was the ghoul who took her the one using them? Or had there been another human victim? She didn’t know, she just found the nearest window, and tried to pry it open- locked.
Another; locked. Locked. Locked. All of them were locked and nailed shut, she had to hurry, feeling like she would pass out again at any moment. Finding something solid and heavy, she moved back down the hall to break her way out.

She heard the front door open and shut quickly, "Jin?" It was the ghoul, he was back, "Where did you go? How the fuck did you get untied? ....you're right, she has a fake arm, she must have pulled it off...stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid...!"

Jin didn’t move, kept herself hidden in the room she had ducked into when she heard the front door unlock. The ghoul was back, did he have Kojurou? She only heard one voice, but she couldn’t be sure. She kept a grip on the heavy stone book end, glancing to the window in the bedroom. Even if she broke the window and got out before he found where she was, he would be able to easily catch up.

Jin set her jaw and swallowed back her nausea, knowing she had very little time and opportunity. She closed her eyes for a moment before opening them and moving quickly to the window. It was no good. She was hit with a wall of black almost immediately, feeling bile rise in her throat as the world around her spun. She could feel the floor rush up to meet her as she fell blindly, blacking out once again, her adrenaline fighting to keep her awake and moving.

When she came to yet again, she was tied more firmly, like she was cacooned in rope, her prosthetic arm gone.
"Naughty, naughty~" The ghoul came into the room and it was thr first time she coukd actually see him. His hair was long and shaggy and his blue eyes were near wild. Wait...was that Masamune? He looked scarily similar to a picture of him and Kojurou that was in their bedroom.

Her still adjusting eyes managed to make out his face, and her shock was clear in her eyes. “Masamune..?” She asked. “What happened? I-I don’t understand... You..?”

"Mego's last gift to me before she left...~" He smiled, squatting down in front of her. His wicked smile then faultered and his gaze fell to the side, "before she..." He trailed off and his face scrunched in grief before he became angry, "before you and the doves took her from me."

It had been suspected that Megohime had died, but Masamune was confirmed dead at the hospital. “Masamune...” Her expression turned to a frown, and her eyes held sympathy. “Let me help you.” She said gently. Had something been done with his actual body? There had been rumors of attempted artificial ghouls- half that was, but surely this wasn’t the case.

“She’s trying to trick you... I’m not gone, I’m right here... I’m always with you..” Megohime wrapped her arms around Masamune’s neck, resting lightly against him back. “She’s lying to you, just like Kojurou..”

"Help me?" He growled, "Like you helped Mego? Trapped her in a cell and cut her up like she was a turkey?" His kakugan flared up and he gave an insane smile, "Only if you let me help you first~"

Jin felt her heart sink, so it was true, he was a successful artificial half-ghoul. She had to keep him calm. “Masamune.” She tried to squirm into a sitting position. “Know I had nothing to do with Megohime, I would not have allowed for it to happen if I had.”

“She’s lying. Both her and Kojurou watched. And why wouldn’t they have? It’s what they do, they hate ghouls after all. And just think, remember when Kojurou came home with my kagune- no, our kagune as his Quinque?” Megohime hissed in his ear.

"You're so full of shit!" Masamune yelled, shooting up and pacing the floor, "Don't lie to me, dammit! I know you had a hand in it! You put him up to taking her kagune!"

She kept her calm, even when he started to yell. “Masamune, no, I had no knowledge of the fact until after it had been done. I’m sorry about Tamura, she must have been close to you, her death was not one she deserved.”

"Did Kojurou tell you he threatened to kill her if she ever came near me? Can you believe that?! I wasn't allowed to see my own girlfriend because she was a ghoul!" He said, "Is that fair at all?! I loved her! I loved her with all my heart and he-!" He stopped and his kagune slammed down on the floor, leaving a giant hole.

Jin flinched at the force he used to break the floor, but continued. “It wasn’t fair, and he must’ve seen it as him protecting you, but he was wrong.” She needed to try and talk him down. “What he did was wrong.”

She nodded her head. “He needs to know what he did wasn’t fair, we should tell him together, he’ll listen if I’m there, I’ll make sure that he does. You just have to untie me.” She coaxed in a gentle, but firm tone. “We’ll do this together, ok?”

“Megohime would want you to be happy though, right? She would want for you and Kojurou to work things out.” She could see that Masamune was struggling mentally, that he had gone through enough stress and trauma to break him completely. “I want for you to be happy- and together we can both make Megohime happy by making you happy.”

She flinched, knowing she made a misstep. “Alright, then how about we call him? I can ask him to come here to talk to you, how does that sound?”

The phone didn’t have a lock, allowing him easy access to it and it’s contents. “How about I talk to him? Ask him to come down and talk with us? I’ll make sure he doesn’t get mad at you.”

She’s lying again.” Megohime was at his back again, arms wrapped around his neck. “She keeps lying to you, tricking you; are you going to let her do that? Are you going to let her trick you? Lie to you?”

He shook his head, "No, I'm not gonna let her...don't worry..." He muttered before opting to send Kojurou a text; a ghoul was chasing her and she was trapped in the estate outside of the city. 'I don't want him to find me so I don't want to call, please hurry'.
"There." Masamune said simply and tossed the phone aside.

Back
Top Bottom