Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

He was right, but it didn’t change the fact that she didn’t want to sleep away her final days. “Please don’t make me sleep again...! It’s so lonely..!” She whispered.

((We'll come back to them~))

Yukimura had been in the hospital ever since the fight with Akihime. Jin had told him that they would begin reversing the brainwashing Akihime had used on him and it made him feel empty. Was she really just using him? Was he really nothing more than a body to her?

Yukimura didn’t know how to feel, being told by the doctors and physiatrists that he was ill, that he had been manipulated and abused, both mentally and physically.
He was on three different medications, in therapy four times a week, and suspended from work. Everything he had was gone, and he wasn’t coping well.

Yukimura was tired, having just finished with therapy, and taken his meds. He looked up from his book, sitting up on the small couch in the hospital room he was given. “Come in.”

The door opened and the soft click of heels against the linoleum filled his ears before the door shut. It was a woman he hadn't really seen before, dressed in a simple summer dress with a thick lace choker around her neck. She was blonde with copper ends and gentle tired seafoam green eyes. She stood silently, looking like she was struggling to speak.

He stared for a moment, brows furrowed as he looked the woman over with tired eyes. He didn’t recognize the person in the room with him, scratching his head before he spoke. “Who are you?” He had lost weight, face gaunt and his sternum visible beneath his skin

Yukimura’s eyes widened, and he stood up quickly, taking a step back. “How’d you get in here..?”

She looked heart broken, "No, don't...please don't panic..." She pleaded softly, "I just wanted to see you...I was so scared after I..." She stopped, "after I hurt you...I didn't want to, Yuki, I love you so much..."

She could see the conflict on his face, in his eyes. “You did more than hurt me..!” His face twisted in a grimace.

She gripped the skirt of her dress tight, "Yes...yes, I did...I caused you so much harm and grief...but I do love you. I swear I do...I regret everything I did to you..." She took a hesitant step forward, "Please, let me make things right, Yuki..."

Yukimura nearly stumbled over the couch to take a step back, face pale, and eyes panicked. “Make things right...? I’m lucky I’m not in jail..!”

She halted and tried to maintain her composure, "I-I know...I know, and I'm so sorry...what I did was wrong and I paid for it...please, I don't want to lose you too, I have nothing left..."

“You paid for it?” He could see that he looked like he wanted to cry. “You killed the four men that were in the van transporting you..! You took my partners arm, you... You turned me against my job, I released secrets of the CCG to you..!”

She started crying first, "So...so this is it...? You don't want anything to do with me, do you...? I just..." Her head dropped and she tried not to sob loudly, "I thought that maybe you would be glad to see me...glad to know that I was still alive...because we loved each other..."

“You made me your puppet!!” He snapped at her. “You made me think I loved you! You’re a murderer!!”

She covered her mouth as her tears fell heavier. What a perfect actor, pretending to be so crushed by his words. She was no different from the other ghouls, was she? Just another monster.
"Yuki, please...y-you're breaking my heart..." She whimpered.

“Get out!” He barked at her, waving his arm. “Don’t come back! Don’t... Don’t ever come near me again!!”

Back
Top Bottom