Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

She cleared her throat and shook her head. “Nothing, forgive me.” She looked at the watch on her wrist and used her napkin to wipe her mouth. “It’s getting rather late, I should be getting home.”

She blinked, looking a bit surprised at his outburst, did he need something more of her? “Is there something you need, Katakura-sosakan?” She asked, tilting her head.

It was quiet, painfully quiet for a man that had just lay himself bare to his crush. “Sure..” She sounded a little shocked herself, and upon glancing up, her expression was soft; mixed surprise and shyness clear on her face, cheeks flushed pink. “I’d like that..” she nodded.

His heart jumped straight to his throat and he stood quietly for a long while before he smiled, "Arigatou, Jin.." He honestly had no idea how one celebrated entering a relationship, so he had hoped thank you was enough.

Smoke filled every inch of the hallway, Jin coughing as she fought her way through the thick smoke. “Father! Grandfather! Where are you..!?” Her nightgown was smudged with black as she moved through the long corridors, unable to find any servants or her father and grandfather. What had started the fire? Where had everyone gone?

She could only press forward, following the sounds of fighting further into the manor as she kept her mouth and nose covered by her sleeve. She kept one hand on the wall as she went, smoke growing so thick she could hardly see, and her eyes burned with ash and tears, and in her other hand she carried her steel rapier.

She tripped on something as she moved through the smoke, and when she looked to see what it was, she was horrified to see it was one of the servants; dead on the floor and nearly ripped to shreds with a look of terror forever frozen on her face.

The young teen couldn’t help but stumble back, then vomit on the floor, she had never seen a dead body before, let alone one of the servants she had grown up with. She took a moment to steady herself, wiping her mouth on her sleeve, before moving passed the body, keeping her eyes away from the sight. She had to find her father and grandfather, she had to escape, but who had done this? She had never seen wounds such as those, they were far too large and rugged to be from any kind of blade she had seen before, did that mean... Had Ghouls broken into the manor?

As she made her way to the room with the fighting, it had stopped by the time she got to the door. Peeking in, she saw her grandfather one the ground being devoured by ghouls and her father at the mercy of a man with a jagged looking Kokaku.

Her eyes widened and her heart sank, bile rising up her throat again, then a smoldering rage burning in her chest. She slammed through the doors, tears streaming down her soot covered face as she rushed at the man standing over her father. Time seemed to slow as she got closer, and upon a second glance, she could see her father was still alive, but had a grievous wound to his stomach. Her throat tightened and she turned her burning gaze to the man who had wounded her father, bringing her sword up to thrust it at him, teeth bared and eyes wide. Time caught up with her in that moment, thrusting forward as hard as she could, still running full speed at the man, letting out a scream of anguish.

The ghoul holding her father hostage turned and easily smacked her away with his kokaku, "Ah yes. I had forgotten you had a child. Perhaps I can make use of her."
"Don't you dare lay a hand on my daughter." Her father stated calmly, though he was glaring up at the ghoul.

Jin was hit so hard, she was sure she would lose consciousness, slamming into the overturned furniture and collapsing where she lay. She had lost her rapier when she was hit, wheezing softly as she tried to push herself back up. “F-Father..!”

"Your grandfather and I are so proud of you, Jin. Never forget that, no matter what happens. We have always cared about you to the very end." He told her. The ghoul grunted in faint annoyance before swinging his kokaku swiftly and she watched her father's head slide from his shoulders.

Jin stared in absolute horror, eyes widening slowly before she let out a scream. She felt far away from her body, screaming in horror and anguish as she watched her fathers head roll to the floor. Why had this happened? Why? Was all of this real? No, it had to be a nightmare, surely she had simply eaten too much sugar from her birthday celebration.

The ghoul moved toward her and grabbed her by the back of her pajamas shirt, carrying her easily out of the burning house and into the night.

She hardly struggled, only staring blankly and crying silently as the group of Ghouls traveled up the mountain behind her home, which was entirely consumed by flames at this point. She didn’t even try screaming for help when she saw the first responders trying to quell the flames, just hung limply over the shoulder of the man whom had slain her father before her eyes.

He next few hours of moving through the woods was a blur, and it was as if Jin had simply blinked, and she was somewhere else. She sat in a small cage in a dimly lit room, staring ahead blankly. She was still wearing her pajamas, which had blood stains and black smudges covering it, but she hardly noticed.

Things all seemed to go by way too fast for her to realize; out of the cell she was now laying to a stone slab with a couple ghouls surrounding her, one with an ukaku and another with a rinkaku.

Jin blinked through her tears, looking around at the Ghouls that surrounded her. They all wore heavy hooded cloaks, which hid most of their face; she was terrified, legs shaking and when she tried to move her arms, she found her wrists bound together by rope. She couldn’t even speak she was so scared, only spilling fresh tears.

"As I have mentioned before," The leader echoed from his high seat, "we usually sacrifice one of our own to appease our Gods. However, your father decided to interrupt a rather integral ceremony and slaughtered half of our group. So we will resume our ceremony with you."

Jin turned her head to look toward the leader of the group, a confused look on her tear stained face. “C-Ceremony... I-I don’t understand...!” Her lower lip quivered at the mention of her recently deceased father, the memory of his head rolling to the floor still fresh in her mind.

Back
Top Bottom