Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“How has Hisehide-sosakan been treating you?” Jin asked, her bronze eyes focused on him. It was hard to tell if she was asking about Kojurou or Hisehide, after all he had been her previous partner for years. It also wasn’t uncommon for partners to fall into relationships, especially if they worked so closely together.

He made a noise, figuring she may have meant both. But if she was asking about Hisehide because they were an item...Jesus, how did younger couples make this seem so easy?
"Well, he isn't very patient...or understanding. I'm a caregiver, as you know, and if I'm even slightly late for patrols he scolds me like I'm a child and demeans me. Is he...usually like this?"

Jin shifted in her chair, setting her chopsticks on her bowl and giving a sympathetic smile. “I’m sorry, I won’t ask that you forgive his actions, or even apologize for them, but I am sorry that you have to endure it.” She brushed a few loose strands back behind her ear. “Yes, he was always this way; inflexible, incapable of any change, and too far stuck in his own ways.” It was odd, she didn’t seem to speak with any hate, but seemed... Rather formal on the matter.

“Ah, Masamune-dono.. He’s your adoptive brother, correct? I’m sorry, I read into the files, I understand Masamune-dono’s father was quite the investigator..” She said softly.

She frowned softly, having looked into the file that cake of the incident in Kojurou’s home. Masamune having a ghoul lover, who turned out to be a Tamura, and had been recently captured. She picked up her chopsticks to pick a bit at her food. “Forgive me for prying into that as well, I heard you had been in an accident and was concerned, although I do pity Tamura.” She pitied Megohime? Why?

She gave a soft smile and shook her head. “Ah, it’s not a problem really... I only meant her fate with Matsunaga. You see, he was working both with me in patrols and as an interrogator in our time at the Russian branch. Hisahide-sosakan is quite a brutal man, the things I’ve seen that he’s done, I wouldn’t wish upon any being, even Ghouls.” She said quietly.

Kojurou felt a hollow feeling in his gut. Maybe he shouldn't have been so closed minded? Megohime wasn't hurting Masamune any. "I'm such a fool..." He muttered.

“Katakura-sosakan?” Jin looked a bit confused, tilting her head and furrowing her brows. “What do you mean?”

He shook his head, "Nothing...I'm alright." He replied, "So, how did you used to deal with Matsunaga-sosakan? I've never dealt with a man quite like him."

“Ah, truth be told, we hardly got along. I respect him as an investigator, but despised him as a human being, so I hardly spent time with him outside of work.” She admitted. “Our beliefs overlapped for the most part, which made being partners tolerable and manageable for missions, but I was relieved when I was told I was being reassigned.” She lowered her gaze a bit. “Please don’t think too badly of me, I am only human, as much as people see me as a knight.” She must’ve been talking about her nickname within the CCG, it was only natural she would hear about it sooner or later.

He blushed softly. She was so humble and kind, but was no nonsense when the situation called for it. "How has Yukimura been...?" He asked, "I noticed he's been rather exhausted lately."

“Ah... I worry he’s been getting himself involved in something he shouldn’t, but he refuses to open up to me.” She shook her head. “I’m at a loss for what to do for him...”

She hesitated, thinking of how to go about the subject. “I can’t be for certain.” She shook her head. “But he’s acting oddly..”

He made a noise of understanding, "I'll see if I can't get anything out of him. I'm sure it's just stress from being back in the field. He was stuck at his desk for a few months."

She smiled at him and bowed her head. “Thank you, I figure speaking with you might be easier since I haven’t been here very long.”

“Again, I apologize, he really isn’t one for Ghouls or humans.” She said with a faint smile; she had actually told a joke.

Jin felt her heart skip a bit at the gentle smile on his face, it warmed the hollow feeling in her chest, and made her cheeks flush. She caught herself just staring at Kojurou and averted her eyes, muttering a soft apology.

Back
Top Bottom