Ghouls Dogma (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

“The only thing he needs from you is your money. Do you even ask him about his interests? Or about how he’s doing? No, that’s right, when you do come home you just go straight to bed. Of course you wouldn’t know that his favorite music is classic rock, or that he loves sweet foods, but doesn’t like sprinkles or candies on his soft cakes. You wouldn’t know that he’s good with computers and electronics, and that he knows all sorts about ancient history. You wouldn’t know that he wants to learn to play the guitar, but doesn’t want to ask you to spend money on things like that, and that even though you hardly seem to give a shit, he still loves you like a brother!” She snapped.

Kojurou kept his expression hard but her words hurt him. He hated that he was too busy to really do anything with Masamune, but he did care about him. He spent almost his whole paycheck to get him the best treatment possible. But that wasn't enough, he supposed. Masamune was always home alone with nothing to do. Maybe he could take the day off or something. "I do all that I can for Masamune..." He finally spoke.

"You aren't his girlfriend. You never were. Not as long as he lives in my home." He stated before turning to leave, "Maybe I'll take a spare piece of your kagune to him as a souvenir."

“You’re the reason he wants to die.” She said coldly, gripping her arms tightly, lips pressed together.

She only glared at him until he left, not saying another word. It would be only half an hour later that a thick gas would fill her room, choking her and rendering her weak and barely able to move; more RC suppressants as well as a mild sedative. Agents filled the room and hoisted her onto a gurney, preparing her as she was wheeled down the hall for harvesting.

Kojurou would be standing outside the room where her kagune would be harvested, "Sumimasen," he stopped the doctor who would captain the procedure, "I have a bit of an odd request. Could you keep a small portion of her kagune, no bigger than my palm? It's for my friend, he finds such things to be interesting."

The doctor blinked and adjusted his glasses. “I certainly can try... Yes, I suppose if it’s preserved it should last.” He said with a small nod. “I’ll have it saved in a specimen jar for you, no if you’ll excuse me.” He said, bowing his head, then heading in to wash up and start surgery.

Megohime was already on the operating table, hooked up to monitors and machines, an oxygen mask over her face. Strangely enough, the kakuhou was harvested through the gut, so the patient was laid out on their back, regardless of their Kagune emerging from said area. The surgery would take a few hours, since Megohime in specific still had vital information and was not listed for execution yet, so upmost care was being given to her.

The removed the kakuhou without incident, using chemicals and electricity to stimulate it and retrieve a piece of the kagune as Kojurou had requested before sending the kakuhou itself off to the development labs to be turned into a Quinque. The piece of kagune was put into a specimen jar with formaldehyde, which was set aside for Kojurou while Megohime was closed back up, then sent back to her room to recover and wake.

Kojurou took the jar home, where he went into Masamune's room. The young man was in his bed, going through his phone and only looking up when Kojurou came in.
"What." He ground out, glaring. Kojurou offered the jar to him and Masamune furrowed his brows, taking it to give it a closer look. His eye slowly widened.
"Is...Is this...?"

Inside the jar, sure enough, was exactly what he dreaded it would be. It looked like a blue rock at first glance, but the longer he looked at the chunk of azure tissue, the more the realization dawned on him. It was the end of Megohime’s kagune, a dull blue now that it was no longer connected to anything living, but the barbs and color was something he could never forget, and how could he? Megohime has shown him whenever he had asked to, humoring him even though she found it embarrassing and gross. He remembered the day she showed him her Kagune, and it was a different color than before, after the incident with Akihime. It had been greenish before, but had turned a dark blue. She explained to him how the change had happened, and vaguely why; he didn’t know why that memory came up, but it did. Was Megohime really dead?

Tears poured down his cheek and he threw his phone at Kojurou, who narrowly ducked it.
"Masamune!"
"You son of a bitch!! You really killed her, you fucker!! I hate you!! Get out of my room!! Get out of my fucking life, Kojurou!!"

“You’re the reason he wants to die.” Megohime’s words echoed in Kojurou’s head, only being reaffirmed by Masamune’s tears, and the look of complete anguish on his face.

This was the only way it could be, Masamune had to move on, he had been tricked into loving a monster, poisoned by her words and actions of false love and physical intimacy that brainwashed him into thinking what they shared was love. It would take time, but eventually, the poison she fed him would dissipate, and he would be over her and see reason.

That's what he told himself anyway. There was no way Masamune would see anything he did as a pure intention, but he would forgive him one day. He left him alone for now, just letting him have his moment.

The next few weeks would only go downhill with Masamune, he barely left his room, hardly ate or slept, and stayed up at all hours on his phone of computer. Kojurou didn’t know what he was doing exactly, as Masamune no longer spoke at all to him, and went out of his way to avoid him.

Masamune went through hundreds of pro-Ghoul forums and movements he found online. He put every penny of his allowance into any donations he found that would benefit ghouls. He didn't want to believe Megohime was dead, Kojurou had to bring him her corpse first before he believed anything. His wallpapers on his phone and computer were of him and Megohime when she was willing to take a photo with him, she was rather camera shy. Every time he looked at them, he felt his eye burn with fresh tears.

He got all sorts of information off those sites than he could’ve ever imagined. Prominent Ghouls that were believed human or vise versa, eating habits, lifespan, anything and everything about Ghouls. Strangely he kept the kagune piece Kojurou brought home, but often kept it hidden away out of plain sight.

It was the closest thing to Megohime he had now. There was no way he would get rid of it at any point. He stopped taking his medication, he didn't need them. He had a feeling Kojurou still managed them into his system when he was actually asleep, but that was rare recently. He needed to find a way to make sure Megohime was alive.

Masamune was perusing another Ghoul forum when the topic of ghoul detention centers came up. Ghouls who were worth anything- as materials or information -usually went there. The more he read, the more he learned. There were two Ghoul detention centers in Tokyo alone, but as expected, they were both high security facilities with little information on them, only rumors and speculation.

Back
Top Bottom