Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Nana’s face dropped and she lowered her head a bit. “You won’t be long..?” She held the bowl in her hands tightly. “You promise..?”

"I swear, Nana. I will come right back." He said and moved to sit closer to her, "We'll raise a family together and no one will come between us again."

She reached a hand out, fumbling around a bit before she found his hand, nodding. “Please don’t be gone long..” She begged softly.

She nodded and gave him her blessings for his travel. That night the two made love one last time, slow and gentle, soft murmurs of I love you.
In the morning Motochika brought Nana into the nearest city, helping her find somewhere where she would be safe: a church.

"I'm going on a long sea faring trip and I don't want her to be left alone."
"We will care for her until you return, sir." The Mother said gently. Motochika kissed Nana gently.
"I love you. I promise I'll be back." He told her gently.

Nana clutched his hands tightly nodding her head. “I love you too... Please be safe..” She said softly, face scrunched with worry.

She nodded, trying to put on a brave face and giving him a smile before kissing his cheek gently. “I’ll wait here for you then.”

Nana would be given her own room to sleep in, and over the next few weeks, she helped with what she was able to around the monastery and within the church. She mainly helped with cooking and cleaning, only really able to assist in food preparation and washing the linens, as her blinded state left her prone to injuries if she tried anything more without assistance. The sisters were quite welcoming of her, helping her with what she needed, and even offering her a place to pray with them, which she obliged.

After a while, word started to flutter around. Something about a blind woman and a man with white hair killing a man just a town over. Tortured him before murdering him in cold blood.

Nana would hear these whispers as she went into the market with some of the Sisters for food and other materials for the church, clutching the small coral fragment tied around her neck that Motochika had brought back from the sea one day. Motochika murder that man? No, they had it all wrong, he wasn’t just an innocent fisherman, her was a vile and evil man. He raped her, beat her and forced her to humiliate and subjugate herself to him, who enslaved Motochika and worked him to the bone. She lowered her head, staying silent as she waited for the Sisters to finish buying the last of the food they would need to bring back.

She felt her spine tingle with a cold feeling, forcing a calm look onto her face before she turned to look at the Sister, shaking her head and offering a soft smile. “I’m not sure, I’ve never seen my husbands hair.” She said softly. Another sister shot a glare at the one who had asked the question, jabbing her lightly in the ribs.
“Sister Mio!” She hissed quietly. “Asking such rude things- she’s blind!”

"I-I'm sorry, I never meant it to seem rude! I just...I would feel awful if your husband..."
"That's enough, Sister Mio...!" Another hushed, "Her business isn't yours...!"
"P-Please forgive my abhorrent behavior, Nana-san...!" Mio squirmed, feeling awful for her prying.

She offered a smile and shook her head, raising a hand. “It’s alright, I suppose I get around well enough for someone without their eyesight, that people forget that I’m blind.” Her heart still pounded in her chest, had people seen them leave that night? Surely there was no proof other than speculation or hearsay.

There couldn't be any evidence. No one knew where they lived, but they did leave in a hurry so they may have left something behind that pointed to them

Nana tried to pay little attention to it, returning to the church to help prepare dinner, going to pray after her meal. She was starting to show a bit, and she figured it had been roughly two months since she conceived, hoping Motochika would arrive back before she gave birth.

Nana felt a soft twinge in her heart, they hadn’t even discussed names yet, everything had happened so quickly. “We... Haven’t had much time to discuss a name yet- he had to leave so quickly..” She had a soft frown on her face. “I’ll have to think of some for when he comes back.”

"If it isn't so bold to suggest...?" She blushed softly, "There was a boy I liked growing up...his name was Nobu...you don't have to use it, I just think it's a nice simple name!"

She turned her head in the direction of Mio, smiling softly. “It’s a wonderful name.” She said.
After the linens were washed and hung out to dry, Nana readied herself for bed, moving to do her prayers first.

Back
Top Bottom