Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“What were we supposed to do..?” She hung her head. “We were scared, we just grabbed what we could and left..” She muttered.

“Don’t you speak ill of him!” Nana snapped back, jerking toward him and pulling hard on her restraints. “He did more than the guards would’ve! If there’s no proof that he violated me now, what proof would there be that he violated me then!?”

“I already told you, he held us captive in our own home..! He spent all of our savings, took everything..!” It was true that she had no money on her person when she was brought in, nor any money hidden away in her belongings she left at the monastery, but that didn’t mean that the husband hadn’t taken all their money with them, or even stashed it away somewhere.

He exhaled and turned to leave, he wasn't going to get much out of her. The questioning continued and the answers were always the same. So they called in the church, who would probably have better chances of getting answers from her.

Nana gasped as she had another bucket of freezing cold river water dumped over her head, body going rigid and sputtering as the water ran down her face. They had already dumped about three buckets on her, alternating between questioning her on what had happened, and reading bible scriptures.

Nana shook her head, shaking from the cold. “He isn’t a demon..!” She protested, hot tears pouring down her face.

This would continue for hours, Nana freezing cold and absolutely soaked to the bone, only when the priest tired did he stop, leaving her alone once more in the small cold cell.

Nana couldn’t stop her shivering, even when she was dry, the room was just simply too cold; she sat directly on the cold stone floor, wearing only a thread-bare down, and with all of her hair gone, she was suffering quite a bit. They barely fed her, or unlocked her so she could use the bathroom, which was simply a bucket in the corner of her cell. She was slumped against the wooden pillar, eyes closed as she rejoiced in not having to be drenched in cold water again, worried it was harming her child.

The cell opened and two footsteps approached her, one was wearing armor.
"This is her...?" The man who spoke sounded disgusted, "Are you sure?"

“Yes, sire, this is the witch that seduced and killed the fisherman.”
Nana flinched when they spoke, lifting her head slightly, dirty face stained with tears, lips chapped and tinted blue from the cold. She didn’t look like much of a witch, rather just a pregnant woman who was subjected to torture.

“Ah- well, no, but the priest has been here reading her verses of the Lord, as well as praying for her!”
There was another voice that scoffed softly just outside the room, though it sounded slightly muffled.
“Please,” Nana croaked, throat sore from begging to be heard out, and from little water. “It was only in self defense...! He took all of our savings, worked my husband like a dog, and he-” It was still hard to say. “He made me do dirty things...!” She hung her head again. “Please..!”

"Your husband is a fae, is he not?" The first voice asked, "Witch or not, your child is a halfling and will be taken in by the Order. Uncuff her, idiot. She's as harmless as a toothless rat."

“N-No! You can’t take my child, please, I beg you!” She felt the cuffs around her wrists loosen, then come undone as she was released. “We just want to live in peace, we’ve never wanted trouble!”

She felt someone grab her arm and pull her to her feet. "Let's go." Mitsunari pulled her along as they left the cells, "It's either us or them. You'll at least be given a bed to sleep in with us."

“Who are you? Please, tell me the crimes that I’ve committed to bring about such actions!” Nana pleaded with him, stumbling along.

“Why won’t anyone listen! Please, we had no other choice! He would’ve killed us!” She was beyond frustrated, why would no one hear her out?

Nana didn’t know how to answer his question, only turning her head away as tears of frustration started to leak down her face, following silently.

Back
Top Bottom