Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Amaya was crouched down in front of the bucket, hands cupped in the water when Akihime spoke. She stopped where she was, staring at the water before glancing over her shoulder at Akihime. “You are, as are all children.” It was a blunt statement, but the way she said it, it was almost like she was trying for it to sound kind. “Every child is naive to start, none grow out of it at the same time- very rarely -just be glad you’re allowed such a thing.” She brought the water to her lips. “Some children are robbed of it too early.”

She made a soft noise, "I guess I just don't want to grow up yet..." She said softly, "Here I am, a fully blossomed woman and I just...I would rather keep playing in grass fields looking for Will-o-Wisps." She gripped the skirt of her dress tight in her fists, "I'm just so alone now..."

“Then don’t.” She drank some more water before turning to look over her shoulder again. “Don’t grow up.” She said it like it was the most obvious answer, and maybe it was. “If you aren’t ready, then why force yourself? Why make obligations you aren’t prepared for and can’t keep?” She paused, looking down to the dirt floor. “Akihime, I pledged myself to you because we were both alone, we made a pledge to fight that loneliness, but it doesn’t mean that feeling will simply disappear... It may take time.”

Akihime looked up and smiled softly, "Ok...you're right. I can't go forcing things. Thank you, Amaya." She said gently before standing, "I was genuinely thinking about freeing you once you were better, so you could be free. Demo," she smiled softly, "if you would rather stay here with me, I would love that. More than anything."

She was quite for a good moment, then answered. “Staying with you would be fine, if you so desire it.” She said softly.

She smiled more, "I promise to take good care of you!" She said brightly. She jumped when she heard a knock on the front door and left quickly to go see who it was. She was shocked to see Daisuke standing there.
"Daisuke...! You came home!"
"Just to visit." He said briskly and came inside. Akihime bit her lip and glanced at the cellar door.
"Are you hungry?" She asked softly. He made a noise. Honestly, he missed Akihime's food.
"Yeah...starving actually." He replied gently. Akihime smiled and nodded.
"I'll make you some food, stay right there!" She said and moved into the cellar, silently panicking.

Amaya had already dissapeared out of sight, probably hiding in the shadows. “Who is it?” Her soft whisper came from one of the dark corners.

“What is the Order?” She asked, never having heard of such a thing before, which was understandable seeing as how she mainly resided in the forest.

Akihime could feel the urge to kill, it made the hair on the back of her neck stand up and her stomach churn at the thought that Amaya was currently deciding to kill Daisuke.

"N-No, please..." Akihime held up her hands, "Please, don't hurt him...I won't let him find you, I promise. Just please stay down here." She pleaded.

There was quiet for a long while before she finally muttered her agreement. “Fine, I’ll remain here..”

It seemed like things were going peacefully until someone tried making their way to the cellar.
"N-No, don't worry about it, it's ok!" Akihime's voice panicked, "I can take care of it!"
"I can go down here real fast, it's fine." That must have been Daisuke. He was very close to the cellar door.

Amaya had already did the best she could to move the multiple buckets of water against the far wall to hide them, crouching in the corner and watching the doorway with a scowl on her face.

Amaya created a sharp point from what remained of her hand, tensing up as she waited for the boy to come closer.

"Daisuke, I can get it, it's fine!" Akihime said and Daisuke look back at her.
"What are you hiding down here, Akihime?" He asked firmly. She panicked.
"Nothing...! You work all the time, I hardly see you!" She said.

It was so cold down there, much too cold for a regular cellar, and when Daisuke turned his back on the cellar to look at Akihime, Amaya crept out from the shadows, her jagged hand at the ready as she moved toward the boy.

Akihime's eyes widened, "Amaya, no!" She blurted and immediately covered her mouth. Daisuke turned sharply, unsheathing his sword as he scowled.
"You have a fae living down here?"
"We escaped from a madman, I wanted to give her a safe haven! Don't hurt her, she means no harm!"
"Her hand is a dagger, Akihime!"

Amaya didn’t listen to Akihime after Daisuke unsheathed his blade, lunging forward to thrust her own weapon into his neck, the air growing even colder.

Amaya cried out as she was sent tumbling back, the rune sparking on her chest as she tried to claw it off.

Back
Top Bottom