Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

“I wouldn’t say it if I wasn’t serious.” She retorted, the idea of him even touching her making her skin crawl. “I need the magic now, I don’t have time to waste.”

“What does it matter to you if you get what you want?” Megohime scowled. “Will you do it or not?”

Megohime didn’t want to touch him at all if she could avoid it, but she had to seal the deal, so she took his hand.

Megohime had to fight the urge to vomit, swallowing hard and nodding. “Then you’ll have your child.” She muttered.

She didn’t know when he would come to collect her promise of beating him a child, but for now she got what she wanted. She would have more magical prowess to protect Masamune with. Erasing the evidence of a summoning circle in the dirt, she started her trek back home, mind racing.

Megohime didn’t pay any mind to it, continuing on until the manor was in sight, heading for the front door.

Megohime fell forward hard, but she wasn’t stunned for long, pushing herself up and looking over her shoulder to see who had attacked her, baring her teeth and allowing her claws to extend.

"I did not expect Date to employ a demon. He's either very brave or very stupid." Matsunaga said flatly. This must have been the witch hunter.

Megohime’s eyes met his, and fear gripped her tight, making her freeze in place. “How did you get in here... the barrier..”

Megohime knew they weren’t anywhere near prepared to deal with this hunter, if he could break through the barrier without issue, what else could he do? Leathery wings sprouted from her back and she spun away from him, knowing she had to alert Masamune and Kojurou. “Masamune!!”

He took an odd looking chain from his pouch, "I will admit, I haven't fought a demon in quite some time, so I'm a little under prepared." He said before he swung the chain around her body, binding her wings to her back and her arms at her sides. Immediately, she felt like she was on fire, like she was on the stake all over again. It was immense and it was awful.

Megohime’s eyes widened, and she collapsed with a terrible scream of agony. She tried to change her form, one that would allow her to escape the chain, but she found herself unable to change form. She collapsed to the floor, mouth open with a silent scream as she writhed and tried to free herself of the chain.

"Mego!!" Masamune rushed down the stairs, sending a massive shock of lightning at Matsunaga, who was forced to release the chain to move out of the way.

Even after the chain unwrapped from her body she felt searing pain, but she didn’t sit there for long. Immediately she took flight away from Matsunaga, barely managing to clear the banister of the second floor and collapsing at Masamune’s feet, trembling and clenching her teeth in agony. “It’s the hunter..! He got through the barrier somehow..!”

"Kojurou!" Masamune called and Kojurou appeared in a swirl of feathers, shooting a massive bolt of lightning at Matsunaga. But the hunter was prepared, and smacked the bolt away like it was nothing.

Megohime pushes through her pain, staggering back to her feet and manipulating the shadows in the room to try and pin down Matsunaga.

Back
Top Bottom