Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

He smiled softly, genuine joy filling his chest.
"No, my task merely took longer than I had originally intended. I will not leave like that again."
"Thank God. It's been awful not hearing you squawk all day." Masamune teased.

He was glad to see his master and fellow familiar in good health and spirits, and for a moment from felt completely relieved, like all had been solved for the most part.

“Did anything come of your travels? Any news on that god?” Megohime asked as she moved to sit down on the nearby couch.

Oh, that's right.
"Yes, I found where the hunter took her. She is safe back in the forest.."
"Nice, Kojurou." Masamune grinned but Kojurou did not smile.
"I may have brought danger back to our home.."

Megohime’s smile faded, and she sat up. “Why? Did the hunter have friends?” She asked, staring at him intently now.

Megohime stared at him with wide eyes, trying to find the words to say to him. “And you lead him here..!?” The fur on her tail bristled, and she got back onto her feet. “A regular hunter can wipe out an entire Coven, and you brought one here that has subjugated old gods..?!”

"Mego, relax, we can handle one guy." Masamune said. Kojurou frowned softly.
"Yes, I am aware of what I've done...but I am no fool. I will do what I can to stop him."

“Masamune, if he’s stolen the power from gods, the three of us won’t be enough to counter him, he could wipe us all out easily!” She argued.

Masamune glanced at her, "Do you think we would need to ask for...his help...?" A cold chill crawled up Megohime's spine slowly and she could almost hear a familiar chuckle.

Megohime couldn’t help but glance around the room, as if making sure he wasn’t around. “I don’t know, he might want something.. payment.. What if he hurts you..?”

Megohime’s face flushed, and she grumbled softly. “Ok, ok..!” She relented, but a small part of her was still uneasy.

The rest of the night was spent discussing attack and defense plans, but once Masamune and Kojurou finally went to sleep, Megohime left the estate. She traveled deep into the hills beyond the woods, setting up a summoning circle before making a sacrifice with blood from her hand.

Megohime couldn’t help glancing away. “Don’t call me that.” She said quietly, feeling overwhelming fear with him being so close. “I didn’t waste my blood for a social visit.”

“I want more power- need it.” She said, keeping her voice firm and head held high. “You’ve cursed me with this body, but it doesn’t hold enough power.”

Megohime almost faltered, but she had to stay strong, she had to do this to be able to protect Masamune. She knew he wasn’t going to just give her more power for free, especially not after she ran away from him. “I’ll give you a child.” It was all she could come up with, the only thing that held merit to him.

Back
Top Bottom