Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Akihime felt her days drag on, day after day the same old bland meals, scratchy clothes, non-stop work. She hardly got to see Amaya at all, and when she did, she hardly spoke.

It was usually to heal any wounds Amaya may have garnered, and each visit Akihime would try to talk to her; though she only ended up talking to herself. She was happy to see the ice spirit was mostly unharmed. She was just happy to see her. She was so alone. She would look at the window at night and wonder if Yukimura was ok, and anytime she saw Daisuke, he wouldn't look at her for long. Like he was ashamed. She hated it here.

She was working, just like she would every other day, slaving away with the soft murmur within the castle buzzing in her ears, then rumbling. Heat came after that, quickly making Akihime break out in a sweat, somewhere off in the castle the roar of flames just barely washed out by the sound of screaming.

Something felt different about this commotion, people weren’t just screaming, but ordering soldiers and fae alike to fight, the heat only becoming more intense. The guards watching over the witches left them, hurrying to the commotion in an attempt to aid them.

"Stop him, goddammit!!" That was Mitsunari, always the loudest when shouting orders. Akihime became anxious but she made her way slowly to where the shouting was coming from.

Flames burst down the hallway up ahead, screams echoing for but a moment before being silenced as the knights were burnt to a crisp.
“Akihime!!” A familiar voice called out down the hall, one she thought she would never hear again.

There was a slight pause before she heard her name called out again, only this time closer, more urgent. “Akihime! Where are you?!” Had he truly come? He had come back to her, there to release her from her servitude.

She started to sob as she ran faster. It was him, she could feel it in her heart that it was Yukimura. When she rounded the corner to room she heard his voice, she screamed when two knights grabbed her and forced her back.
"Get her the hell out of here!" Mitsunari yelled.
"No!! Let me go!! Yuki!!" Akihime sobbed loudly, struggling to get free.

He was there, he stood not ten feet away, eyes wide and flames flickering around him. “Let her go!” He charged forward, rushing passed Mitsunari and after Akihime; he wouldn’t be able to use his flames though, no Akihime was too close, she’d get caught up in any attack he tried.

Mitsunari got in the way easily, his magical sword burning with a bright blue light as he swung it at Yukimura's gut.
"No!!" Akihime's magic reacted without her having to do anything, Mitsunari's blade bouncing off an unseeable force.
"Amaya!! Come to me!!" Akihime called, invoking their magical bond. But a soft burning shot up not only her arm, but Mitsunari's as well.
"Wh...What is this?!" Mitsunari snarled, "You are the ice spirit's true master?!"

As soon as Akihime called out to Amaya, ice started to form quickly around her, a sphere forming over the guard's holding her, freezing them solid and sealing Akihime into a protective barrier. The moment the sphere finished forming Yukimura attacked Mitsunari with all his might, flames engulfing the entire corridor. Before the flames touched Mitsunari, something slammed into him, knocking him to the ground and shielding his head and chest from most of the flames.
When the flames dispersed, Tachi laid on top of Mitsunari, clutching him close to his chest, clothes smoldering and back scorched black. The ice protected Akihime, but was already starting to melt from the heat, Amaya now inside the sphere with Akihime, making sure she was safe.

"Amaya...!" Akihime gasped before hugging her tight, "Arigatou!"
"T...Tachi..." Mitsunari was stunned, eyes wide, "Wh...Why...you're too weak!"

Amaya’s own forearm burned, but it only lasted moments. “We have to leave while everyone is distracted.”
Tachi wheezed, face twisted with pain. “It would have killed you..”
Yukimura rushed to the sphere of ice, trying to break a hole through it to get to Akihime. “Akihime! We need to leave now!” He called to her through the ice.

"Y-Yes, of course!" Akihime said before looking up at Amaya, "Can you help us escape?"
"I don't care!! You can't heal!!" Mitsunari argued, tears burning his eyes.
"Mitsunari-sama!" Daisuke appeared with more men, seeing Tachi scorched over Mitsunari, Akihime incased in ice, and then Yukimura. His hatred and anger returned fresh and he gripped his blade tight.
"You bastard!!" He yelled and rushed at Yukimura.
"Daisuke, no! Please, stop!" Akihime pleaded.

Amaya nodded and moved her hand, the sphere cracking and then melting away, and almost immediately Yukimura moved forward, grabbing Akihime’s hand. He barely gave Daisuke a glance, a soft frown on his face as he ignited a wall of flames between the two, keeping him away.
Tachi gave a dry laugh, it clear that he was in bad shape when he couldn’t even try to get up off his master. “And neither could you if you had been burned..”

"I'll hunt you down, Yukimura!! Do you hear me!! I'll make you pay for ruining our family!!" Daisuke yelled over the flames. Akihime held Yukimura's hand tight , looking heartbroken.
"Amaya, let's go..." She muttered.

"Dammit, Tachi!!" Mitsunari's voice cracked, "You fool!"

Amaya followed without hesitation, Yukimura leading the two of them down the hall and out of the castle, the first time Akihime had been outside in a long while.

Yukimura led Akihime through the forest for what seemed like hours, having to avoid guards and nights well into the night.

She didn't leave his side for a second, using charms to hide where they were going until they were safe. She fell against a tree, trying to catch her breath.

Yukimura slumped down the side of a tree, peering over his shoulder to assure that they were in fact safe for the time being. “Are you ok, Akihime..?”

She was quiet for what felt like hours and anxiety crawled under his skin.
"You came for me..." She whispered, voice tight amd strained. Was she going to cry?

He could barely see her expression in the dark of the forest, even when Amaya herself gave off a soft glow. “Of course I did, Akihime, you’re my family..”

Back
Top Bottom