Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mornië utúlië (1x1 w/ Jikkah)

Yukimura rushed over, helping her up before moving to the door, slamming hard against it, but it didn’t budge. “Get outside!” He coughed, slamming his shoulder against the wooden door once more.

She wanted to argue, wanted to tell him that he couldn't do it on his own, but she would be trapped inside if she stayed any longer.
"Please be safe! Please come out alive!" She pleaded before trying to find her way out before she lost consciousness. When she got out, she saw Daisuke and the townspeople trying to extinguish the flames from outside.
"Gaia, please aid us. Maiden, Mother and Crone please return them to me safely. Great Horned God, cease these flames with your divine strength." She prayed weakly, voice cracking from smoke and tears.

The towns people did all they could, but the building was starting to collapse, and there was still no sign of Yukimura, no sign of the children. Then, a body stumbled out of the blaze and collapsed. It was Yukimura, his back on fire and barely conscious.

"Yuki!!" Akihime stole a bucket of water and dumped it over him before pulling him up and dragging him to safety, "Stay awake, Yukimura, please...!"

He was wheezing hard, smoke having filled his lungs. “I... have to go back...” He managed out, but was in terrible shape. Both of his hands were burned badly from trying to force the door open, and both shoulders where burned badly too. “Still... inside..” Tears fell down his cheeks, face contorting in agony at the thought of the children trapped inside, but it was too late for them. Their screams had quieted long ago, and the building was already collapsing.

Her breathing stopped. All sound drained from her ears. Still inside? They were still inside? Her charms didn't work? Her charms didn't work. Her charms didn't work. She gripped his shirt tight - or what was left of it - a weak croaking sound filling her throat before she screamed in agony, tears pouring down her face as she watched her home crumple and burn. She begged for forgiveness, begged them to forgive her for not protecting them and apologized for failing as their guardian. She felt so broken and hollow, unable to silence her body wracking sobs.

Yukimura laid crumpled in her lap, still wheezing and hacking, in too much pain to move. His entire left arm and shoulder was black and red, burned terribly, as were his feet and back, but he would survive. His tears burned, but he didn’t care, weeping audibly along with Akihime, if he had been stronger he could’ve saved the children. If he hadn’t lost control of his powers the children wouldn’t have died. It was his fault the children were dead.

The fire didn't end until late into the night. Akihime had long since stopped crying, unable to produce any more tears. She was numb, staring lifelessly at the debris of the house. Daisuke braved the wreckage, looking for anything that could be saved. He found nothing, except for the blanket Akihime had made for Yukimura; perfectly intact. He was furious, ripping it free and throwing it out into the road.

Most of the people from the town had left at that point, Yukimura still laying on the ground barely able to move himself from the wounds he had suffered. Soft footsteps could barely be heard from somewhere behind Yukimura and Akihime, then a soft thud.
The sprite had walked all night, finally stopping and falling to her knees. “Here..” She said softly. She stared at Yukimura, frowning softly. “Him..”

Akihime didn't move, only registering Daisuke's sudden alarm and sharp movements to cross that distance between him and her and Yukimura.
"Akihime, move!!" He yelled. Akihime only looked back with her emotionless eyes to see a young man with wild ginger hair preparing a nullification rune with his fingers.

Yukimura struggled to push himself up, looking to Daisuke, then to Akihime, following her gaze to the man preparing the attack aimed at the both of them. “A-Akihime..!” He croaked, trying to reach out to her to push her away.

She reached out and tried to grab Sasuke's hand but was too far out of reach.
"Please...I cannot bear any more grief today..." She said weakly. Sasuke scowled and grabbed her.
"You both will suffer for this atrocity." He snarled. Akihime looked away from him.
"Hai...I deserve no less for failing them..."

Sasuke was taken off guard when something slammed into him, Yukimura. He tackled Sasuke away from Akihime, landing on top of the witch hunter with a cry of pain, tears and soot dirtying his face. “Don’t touch her..!” He struggled to get up, but every small movement split and cracked the charred flesh of his back and arm, making him bleed.

Sasuke grabbed Yukimura by his hair and pulled him upright, "Why, so you can torch her yourself later?!" He snapped, "You warlocks are all the same!"

Yukimura fought to keep his footing, face twisted in pain. “I didn’t mean to..!” Fresh tears fell down his face, which up close looked young, younger than Sasuke himself in fact. “It was an accident..!” He could hear the pain in the young mans voice, hear his broken heart. Was this really the right person? Had the sprite lied to him? This was just a kid, there was no way he had torched Sasuke’s village.

Sasuke's gaze shot to the sprite angrily. This wasn't her master, he would recognise him instantly. This was not the man he was looking for. But he could not allow such a disastrous mistake to go unpunished. He made a binding rune and slammed it into Yukimura's chest, keeping him held in place as he started beating on him. Akihime felt fresh tears fall down her cheeks.
"Please, don't hurt him...he truly didn't mean to...!"

The sprite sat where she had collapsed truly too tired to do anything but watch in her own confusion. This man- no, boy- was her master, she felt it, but he certainly didn’t look like him.
Yukimura grunted with each hit, unable to even bring his arms up to defend himself as Sasuke pummeled him.

Akihime pushed herself up and grabbed Sasuke's arm, crying weakly, "Please, I beg you, spare him! He has a kind heart, his magic is just hard to control! I thought I had prepared properly! Punish me!"

Yukimura groaned and coughed, head spinning and blood strong in his mouth. “Akihime... Stop..” He barely got out, one eye already swollen shut.

"I-I won't...! I won't let him hurt you...!" She hiccuped, "I love-"
"Get off me." Sasuke growled and threw her off his arm, sending her to the ground. Daisuke grabbed a destroyed piece of wood and rushed at Sasuke to try and beat him away from Yukimura. He was human so maybe he stood a chance.

Yukimura could do nothing, his consciousness leaving him, and even then, a binding rune kept him from moving. He watched Daisuke with fading vision, praying neither of them got hurt.

It was either keep beating Yukimura or defend against Daisuke. He chose to defend himself, moving away and punching Daisuke to the ground. He huffed and grabbed the sprite before dragging her off. Akihime moved quickly to try and heal Yukimura, the binding fading the farther Sasuke got.

Yukimura was barely awake at this point, muttering incoherently, just apologizing over and over, tears leaking from his swollen eyes.

She tried to soothe him, mending his burns and the bruises he received from the hunter. She was shaking; still suffering from such a great and terrible loss as well as the shock of someone trying to take Yukimura from her. Daisuke sat on the ground, watching as he rubbed his sore cheek.
"Let him die." He stated flatly. Akihime choked on a sob and shook her head.
"I won't..." She muttered.

Yukimura let out a faint groan as his eyes finally closed, sinking into unconsciousness at last.

Back
Top Bottom